29 replies to this topic

#1 Aza

Aza

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:27 AM

As title says, i could use a value check on a few of my BB figures. Unfortunately i've only found 2 of the figures ( i had lots back when i was a kid), but i've stumbled upon quite many weapons, and we all know that its the weapons that gets lost first so im pretty positive that i'll find the figures once i've cleaned the attic. Anyway, could someone tell me the going rate for BB toys between the thumb and the pinkie? They're in good condition, everyone has a working sticker attached and no deformations or marks, i was a real stickler as a kid.

I'll post a pic of the two figures i've found aswell as the weapons. If its worth the trouble i might start the selling sometime soon, else i'll just bag them and toss them down in the cellar. Thanks in advance.

Attached Files

#2 PimpNugget

PimpNugget

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1021 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:25 PM

I'd tell you the value but it'll cost you 20.00 for that information.

Dude, you make me laugh.......at you.

#3 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:32 PM

A price check isn't very appropriate for toy identification.  Try posting in Battle Beasts, or just check eBay for prices. 

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22199 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:28 PM

Moved to the Battle Beasts section.

#5 Matlock

Matlock

My name is matlock and i am a lrg addict.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E.
    Nintendo - NES,SNES,N64,GB,GBA,DS,3DS
    Lego- Mini Figs
    Micro Machines.
    BB.
    GPK.Cheapies, and OS Cards.
    Minikins.
    Bouncy balls.
    Dice.
    Dino's.
    Trash pack.
    Homies.
    Slugs.
    MIMP.
    Savage Mondo Blitzers.
    Uglies.
    Customs.
    All other cool looking little rubber guys!!
    Hand Blown Glass.
    Pliers.
    Marbles.
    Rocks/Minerals
    Knives.
    Hats.
    Old mason jars.

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:24 AM

The info I sent you yesterday when this thread was locked, after Takeing a closer look I do think you have a pretty valuable laser beast . Can't really tell from this picture. Check littlerubberguides.com to see which one, then check eBay for prices . People tend to get salty around here when you speak of making money off toys. Good find..

Edited by Matlock, 26 June 2013 - 01:24 AM.

Brown chicken , brown cow

#6 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:51 AM

Hello Aza,

Welcome to the board. I can tell you this. You got a Condorisan which depending on the condition about $20-$30. The LB weapons $15-$20, the Gorilla $5-$10. Last but not least the BB weapons $2-$5.

Hope that helps. 

WhiteLeo

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#7 Aza

Aza

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:01 AM

Thanks alot for the replies, aswell as as PM:s offering to buy. Many of you has requested better pictures, which is totally understandable. I'll attach 3 pictures to this message for better view of the condition. I'd be interested to sell, but first im gonna make another run to my childhood home to see if i can find some more figures. Im pretty sure i had atleast 5-6 of those laserbeast thingies, and the three weapons i've found support that theory. Unfortunately grandma started to give away some of my toys to nieces and nephews once i grew too old for toys (she gave away a kenner millenium falcon in mint condition with box lol....that one still hurts).

Anyway, here are the pictures:

http://postimg.org/image/exqkz07l5/

http://postimg.org/image/j858ulco9/

http://postimg.org/image/lqqxv9yeh/

Items are in overall very good condition, found in a box that hasnt been opened for atleast 20 years. The sawtoothed boomerang weapon has something sticky on it, the other weapons are fine with no visual damages or miscolouring. Rub is still working and in good condition on the gorilla. The other figure has a bulb-like glass"rub"inserted into the chest and the mark inside is very visible

Oh and thanks to all who PM:ed me with identification. Very appreciated!

Edited by Aza, 26 June 2013 - 04:07 AM.

#8 mca19

mca19

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Interests:Mainly Battle Beasts/Laser Beasts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:59 AM

Sent you identification and fair prices.  Great find and hope you find a buyer.  Don't throw them in the cellar

#9 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:57 AM

It looks like the most valuable piece from the pics is that Battle Fennec gun. White Leo is right about $15-20 for the other two, but that one could easily go for much more. It is out of place though in that lot; unless you happen to live somewhere in Europe? ;)

#10 Aza

Aza

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 05:00 AM

It looks like the most valuable piece from the pics is that Battle Fennec gun. White Leo is right about $15-20 for the other two, but that one could easily go for much more. It is out of place though in that lot; unless you happen to live somewhere in Europe? ;)

I do indeed live in Europe. Sweden, to be exact. The figures are storebought sometime during mid/late 80's if memory serves me right.

A question: In the Toy I.D section , is it alright to post pictures of toys such as Star Wars, Transformers and other stuff for identification or is this community only dedicated to BB, Garbage pail kids and such?

Edited by Aza, 13 July 2013 - 05:03 AM.

#11 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22199 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 08:44 AM

A question: In the Toy I.D section , is it alright to post pictures of toys such as Star Wars, Transformers and other stuff for identification or is this community only dedicated to BB, Garbage pail kids and such?

If it's a toy and you need ID help, that is where to post it. :)

#12 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:00 PM

I do indeed live in Europe. Sweden, to be exact. The figures are storebought sometime during mid/late 80's if memory serves me right.

That absolutely lines up then. :) In Europe, there were a series of Laser Beasts that never made it to U.S./Canadian shelves (we only got the first 12). These guys also came with shields, and six of the Euro figures came with shields that somehow never even got released in Japan so they're quite rare. None of the shields were officially ever released outside of Japan/Europe. 

#13 Aza

Aza

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:35 AM

hmm...could you post a picture or a link to the shields? I found a buttload of plastic shields in the toyboxes, some are for MOTU toys, but i couldn't i.d some of the shields.

#14 trumanshower

trumanshower

Eternal Truman of the spotless mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • Interests:dragonautes, monster in my pocket, fistful of power, motu, cosmix, luxioles etc etc...

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:46 AM

my shields

Attached Files

French collector of Battle Beasts, Monster in my pocket and a bunch of other toys !!
FoP facebook page : https://www.facebook.../fistfulofpower

Boogaz facebook group : https://www.facebook...810983082984202

#15 Aza

Aza

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:07 AM

Thanks Trumanshower, very appreciated!

#16 Aza

Aza

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:07 PM

Found it! Recognized it from trumans picture and confirmed by another user on this forum. Nice color and no tear on the sticker apart from one corner where the glue loosened up. Still looks like it could be reattached without much hassle.

20130725_190405.jpg

#17 trumanshower

trumanshower

Eternal Truman of the spotless mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • Interests:dragonautes, monster in my pocket, fistful of power, motu, cosmix, luxioles etc etc...

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:47 PM

Nice find !! do you remember if Battle Beasts were called "Battle Beasts" in Sweden, or did they have another name ?

French collector of Battle Beasts, Monster in my pocket and a bunch of other toys !!
FoP facebook page : https://www.facebook.../fistfulofpower

Boogaz facebook group : https://www.facebook...810983082984202

#18 Aza

Aza

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:16 PM

Battle beasts in swedish aswell. Its not germany, spain or france, we dont have the need to translate everything into our native language in Sweden o:-)

Pretty much every famous toyline here has the original english name

#19 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• 1856 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:32 PM

Battle beasts in swedish aswell. Its not germany, spain or france, we dont have the need to translate everything into our native language in Sweden o:-)

Epic ;)

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#20 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:47 AM

Glad you were able to find it! Fennec's shield is not one of the 'Euro-Exclusives' but it should still fetch a decent price if you're intending to sell it. I'm just guessing, but I'd say $75-100 on the Bay, possibly a bit more.

#21 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1856 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:13 AM

Glad you were able to find it! Fennec's shield is not one of the 'Euro-Exclusives' but it should still fetch a decent price if you're intending to sell it. I'm just guessing, but I'd say $75-100 on the Bay, possibly a bit more.

You still think somebody would be willing to pay that for it knowing they'd have a complete Repro set for just a few bucks more!?

I doubt it, so this will for sure be one of the items that will become influenced by these sets.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#22 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:20 PM

You still think somebody would be willing to pay that for it knowing they'd have a complete Repro set for just a few bucks more!?

I doubt it, so this will for sure be one of the items that will become influenced by these sets.

I think it's still too early to say at this point since the new repro shields haven't had time to "saturate" the market yet, and I've not seen any authentic LB shields go up on eBay since Hydra posted that set a few months back. However based on observations I've made on this board alone there are a number of purists who aren't interested in unauthentic accessories regardless of the price points so I think there's still (and always will be) a valid market for the originals. So I'm curious if you own a set of authentic shields? If not, is this due to availability, price, or both? If you don't have a set, are you planning on buying a set of the recent reproductions to complete your set?

It seems to me that if the prices can fluctuate upwards as drastically as I've heard some of the veteran collectors mention they have in the past few years alone, it's only reasonable to expect them to swing back in the other direction for one reason or another. This is completely fine with me, even if it means the monetary value of the items I own drop below what I paid for them (which in some cases, was surely too much). As a Beastformers enthusiast though I just don't see the point in getting butt-hurt over the loss of market value for toys that I never intend to sell in the first place.

I'm not 100% sure which perspective you're approaching this discussion from, since you're obviously one of the biggest Beastformers fans in our community, but if the prices you set for some of your LB auctions are any indication you're also interested in profiting from collecting them as well. (that or you'd also paid a high price for the figures that you're trying to recover.) In this particular circumstance however the shield Aza found was recovered from a childhood collection where it was surely purchased at retail price, so if he was interested in selling it there's 100% chance on him making a profit anyway. :thumbsup:

#23 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1856 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 29 July 2013 - 01:56 PM

All developments have a direct or indirect influence on their predecessors and this can be seen anywhere around us and in most cases its clear that the newer options influence the known state in a more progressive but negative way, that's undeniable.

I've mentioned the perfect job you guys have done on those repro shields because its clear they are perfect reproductions BUT that also implies that due to this high quality result it will have a bigger influence on the genuine items out there. 99,9% of ALL collectors will purchase a complete repro shield set above that single genuine one which is listed for a similar price as the whole set. You can be the biggest advocate of genuine stuff, like myself, but even than the decission is not to hard to make because it can safe you over a $1000 if you just take that REPRO 2013 on the back for granted, which isn't a big issue in most cases either for display anyway. So the prices on the original will definetly make a free fall right away as long as the attention, for as long as it lasts, is based on these repro's. Ebay is a great medium when you'd like to look into the price development of certain items and it will show within the next weeks or as soon as a genuine shield will come up. On the long run the influence is hard to predict but it mostly depends on the amount of repro shields which will be produced and the way they'll be spread.

That said and knowing I'm 100% pro-genuing stuff its also good to know I'm 100% against the design of the shields and the chariots, but that's an issue which had enough attention and its commonly known. So I don't have all the original shields simply because of the fact that their design is not of any positive influence when displayed together with the well detailled figures definetely not knowing their prices. I've always said that these are have been the items, together with most of the weapons, that've probably ended up on the garbage bin the most of all items from this line simply because of the fact the look cheap ass and don't do any justice to the clasic sculpts of the figs IMHO.

Which means the fact I'm not into these shields is a combination of bad design of which I don't see any correlation with the figs and the fact that the prices off those genuine shields are just way to high on top of it. I have one and had a couple simply due to the fact that they came in a lot or with a figure I needed but in most cases I flipped them for the 'big' money right away.  

Going from there, its not a secret that I'm a collector but also a reseller as that's something I've mentioned the moment I joined the board. I also explained the reason behind it namely the fact that I use the profit I make to invest and improve my own collection. Most people don't see the effort which is done behind the scene to get a figure completed before it can be resold in good condition and in complete state. I often happens that I need to get an item from the US or Japan to get my figs from Japan or the US completed and so on. All this repro stuff, the ones that are not marked, are a big pain in the ass when it comes to this because I don't want to get burned myself but I definetely don't want to burn a fellow collector with stuff I resell or trade because we all know that condition and genuinity are an important factor for collectors. The genuinity point is one that becomes instable depending on the amount of die hard collectors which are accepting the repro shields, because as mentioned it is hard to deny them due to their quality so that's an influence that has to be monitored carefully to prevent paying high prices or to low prices depending from which point of view you look at it.

Think that all of the boardmembers out here can agree with the fact that while I'm on here I'm the collector and trader because I've helped quite a lot of fellow collectors out here with pieces they needed and vice versa. So the community and knowledge out here means much more to me than making profit, and part of this community is also the development of those repro shields and other repro stuff so its just something I have to deal with looking at it from my resell point of view.

Hope this cleared a lot of your questions but now I have to answer your most important one of course because that's the one where it all comes together;

If you don't have a set, are you planning on buying a set of the recent reproductions to complete your set?

Well that's a hard one because its contrary as we've on one side the high costs on the genuine shields which was one of the reasons I was holding off and on the other hand the repro stuff which I'm completely against. Since the design is just a one on one copy, ok one of the shield projects is different but in the core the idea of their design is the same so that doesn't change much to the story. I've been thinking this over the past few days seeing those complete shields sets out on the Bay for just a bargain knowing I'd probably have to pay a price like that to get one geniune one BUT like I said these repro will influence the market and the prices of the genuine stuff will drop FOR SURE at least for a certain period. This is were I'll take advantage of trying to complete my genuine collection with the genuine shields because I think I just can't handle it accepting anything repro within my collection, its just a crazy and expensive mindset but that's the way it is. So the answer to your question is no because I feel like I have to keep my guard up against any repro stuff but thanks to these I'll probably be able to pick some of the genuine ones up for a good price. And in case they will remain high in price I'll end up without shields which doesn't change a thing in the end for me either ;)

The reason for me to show my aversion for any kind of repro stuff is the fear I have for the effect it will have for the original and genuine items, which have been stored and maintained properly for so many years making them the collectables they are, because where will the whole reproduction thing end and how difficult will it actually become to authentify the real original figures and items when at some point the marking of those repro's does dissapear!? I've only heared the damage repro stuff has done within other toylines like Transformers and Star Wars and I'll be fighting this as much as I can to save our treasured and valued Battle Beasts line till the end. Because the repro stuff does look like a cool development and cheap alternative now but it wouldn't be the first time it will end up in a catastrophe for the old situation. The love for this line is a mixture of nostalgia and the love for vintage toys which is all blown away in an instant with a 2013 release IMHO.

But these are my thoughts and eventhough I might be the last man standing defending this idea or these ideals, so be it for the sake of Battle Beasts history than I'll go down with the ship!       

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

#24 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1856 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:19 PM

Supplementary to my topic above this development sort of makes topics like these (Vaal's Vintage Euro Shields in the Classified part) almost ridiculous due to the prices asked making that the real collectors almost have to be ashamed for the prices they ask while we all know how hard it is to get the genuine stuff.................

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

#25 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 04:00 PM

I disagree with you GJNL. The repro won't affect geniune price as there will always be collector who will look for them. Just look at the Transformers line with all the KO released during the last years. You can get a full set of repro Dinobots for just $279 but the original ones still sell for a lot more like Grimlock for thousands of $ or Slag for 2 times the price of the repro set. Same with Mirage when a repro cost $40 and an AFA one for $2,000. And we're talking about exact repro here, not ones with a clear mark to identify them.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com