48 replies to this topic

#1 chet zesty

chet zesty

lurking, always lurking...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 22 February 2003 - 08:27 AM

I got the new toy commercial on tape this morning and took a picture of the painted Meat. The pics a little fuzzy, but here it is. If you look closely in the background, you can see a purple Sunshine. These two figures look an awful lot like their G1 counterparts (Sunshine #3 and Meat #60).

Attached Files

#2 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22187 posts

Posted 22 February 2003 - 08:30 AM

That looks just like the painted Meat from the Japanese Kinkeshi re-release a few years back. I wonder.....

#3 Robotube

Robotube

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 22 February 2003 - 09:23 AM

That looks just like the painted Meat from the Japanese Kinkeshi re-release a few years back. I wonder.....

Holy crap! It sure does! That is awesome. I sort of wish I hadn't seen that, now I can't wait for it to come out!
http://www.robotube.com/toys - My MUSCLE stuff from Japan

http://www.robotube.com/muscle - My G2 Micro Gallery

Posted Image

#4 MIWP

MIWP

Kinnikuman Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 22 February 2003 - 09:36 AM

I watched cartoons from the time Kirby came on untill Ultraman and didnt see
the commercial. I cant wait untill the next series of 1.5 micro wrestlers comes out! That painted Meat looks sweet!

#5 QWAAH

QWAAH

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 22 February 2003 - 09:37 AM

That looks real good!
Man! I have yet to see this commercial! :( I really want to see this commercial, so I can get all juiced over the new figures. B)
Click!

#6 itsamike

itsamike

The Man Behind The Meat!

• Legends
  • 395 posts

Posted 22 February 2003 - 09:53 AM

Something sounds fishy about all this. Just a local buy for the spot rather than network? Characters in their earlier form rather than the G2 look that's on air? I dunno....

Does the spot use the new Ultimate Muscle logo? Does it mention Bandai?
--Mike
|= <

The opinions expressed are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of 4Kids Entertainment or its affiliates.

Want an autographed picture? Click here!

#7 Robotube

Robotube

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 22 February 2003 - 10:20 AM

Hmm...now that you mention it, Mike...that DOES sound fishy. Why in the heck would they put that old sunshine in the commercial? It's not really adding up. I can almost guarantee, now that I give this some thought, that we won't be seeing that Meat. That IS the Meat from the 7-11 Kinkeshi Re-Release from Japan. And that is just a regular old Sunshine from the G1 series! I guess I retract my previous statement about being psyched for these, because now I highly doubt that this commercial is showing real prototypes. A lot fo times companies tend to do things like this. They probably didn't have the figures ready at the time of making the commercial, so they used figures that will "Sort" of look like the G2 line...why they picked the old sunshine, I haven't the foggiest idea. Remember how NES boxes used to show screenshots of levels that weren't in the game? These damned companies are always pulling stunts like this.

Posted Image

#8 chet zesty

chet zesty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 22 February 2003 - 10:56 AM

I watched the commercial a few more times in slow-mo, and there were clear shots of the following G1 sculpts - #1, 23, 53, 82 (painted), 129, and 232. There was also a painted Buffalo Man similar to #211 except it had horns. There were also some shots of a painted Brocken Jr. The last shot of the commercial clearly shows the Ultimate Muscle logo along with a Bandai logo.

I took a bunch of sequential shots, pics are attached.

Attached Files

• Attached File  pic1.JPG   89.14K   69 downloads

#9 chet zesty

chet zesty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 22 February 2003 - 10:57 AM

Another pic including last shot showing Bandai logo

Attached Files

• Attached File  pic2.JPG   96.66K   62 downloads

#10 Robotube

Robotube

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 22 February 2003 - 11:02 AM

yup...they're the painted G1 figures from the rerelease packs from Japan. The only thing I'm thinking is that it is possible that they could release these in the G2 sets, because the figures they show are characters that appear in Nisei, ie. Meat, Ramenman, Buffaloman, etc. I suppose there is a possibility, albeit very unlikely, that they release those old G1 painted figures in with the G2 sets, since American non-collectors would never realize it anyway.

One can only hope.

Posted Image

#11 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 22 February 2003 - 11:10 AM

Thanks for the pics. That is really strange. I have yet to see any commercials for any Ultmate Muscle products. It will be interesting to see of they do actually release the G1 painted figures over here with the G2 line.

#12 chet zesty

chet zesty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 22 February 2003 - 11:21 AM

The commercial has come on at almost exactly the same time the last two weeks, right around 8:45 CST, in the middle of Foodons. I live in Chicago, so perhaps they're focusing their marketing in larger markets. Also, Foxbox is actually shown on the UPN affiliate here, so that might have something to do with why the commercial is being shown in this area and not others.

#13 ToyMan

ToyMan

geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 22 February 2003 - 01:45 PM

well, i live in chicago, too.

i watch "fox box" on channel 8, which is actually our local UPN affiliate. i haven't seen these commercials, but i honestly didn't watch a lot of "foodons" - just the part where those little piggies came together to form "sloth suey"...

i just missed it, didn't i?

#14 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2003 - 03:32 PM

Maybe Bandai made the commerical, needed more figures to fill out the screen, painted some G1's, and figured no one would notice.

I mean who from their REAL target audience cares?

#15 Warsman

Warsman

Demonic General

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 23 February 2003 - 07:26 AM

does this mean cassetteking will be released in the states B)
i always looked at his kineshi and it was on tv (well the screen shots)
but i still haven't seen this on my tv yet
~This space for rent.
~~The Management

#16 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
  • Interests:Sega Master System and Segas other Consoles and games., Legos
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 23 February 2003 - 06:00 PM

Probably just trying to fill screen space with old sculpts.

I will have to try to get up intime to try and catch some of the earlier toons to try and see the comercial.
"I've always believed that a lot of the trouble in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other." Ronald Regan - April 11, 1984

#17 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 24 February 2003 - 08:08 AM

Well, it wouldn't really make sense to waste air time (and advertising money) showing something that won't be available. What might be going on is, Bandai wants to release another series of Ultimate Muscle toys, but the Japanese Ultimate Muscle line was cancelled. With no new sculpts, Bandai had to go back to old MUSCLE toys to release "new" stuff. (That's pure speculation, by the way...)

I'm not too pleased with this... I would much rather have new toys than rereleases of toys I've had for years. Although, I do admit it will be cool having painted MUSCLEs.

-Nathan

#18 Warsman

Warsman

Demonic General

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 24 February 2003 - 08:15 AM

could this be a high class hoax
no one has seen this commercail except 1 person
i even recreated a hoax tv thing.

Posted Image

you can tell it's a hoax , but with alittle better area i could of made it look better
~This space for rent.
~~The Management

#19 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 24 February 2003 - 08:26 AM

could this be a high class hoax
no one has seen this commercail except 1 person

Maybe... now that I think of it, the sets in the commercial were suspicious, too. The figures just looked like they were put on a table. Usually, a toy company will put its figures in "action settings" like a jungle or a "rock planet". Hm... :lol:

-Nathan

#20 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10725 posts

Posted 24 February 2003 - 08:40 AM

there does appear to be a painted buffaloman re-release in the background as well...
not that i'd mind those being released here!
B)
might be fishy though...
but then again, why would somebody go throught the expense and trouble of going throught that?
:lol:

#21 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 24 February 2003 - 09:07 AM

I think this is interesting. The screen shots from the original did have the logo on it though. That would take a little more work than setting them up and filming. I think the company just got cheap, I o not think it is a hoax.

#22 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2003 - 09:30 AM

I really think we are over thinking this. I think there are only 2 possibilities.

1. It is real.
2. It is fake.

If it is real, then perhaps Bandai was just filling the screen with different figures, painted figures, old figures, etc.

If it is fake, then whoever just filled the screen with different figures, painted figures, old figures, etc.

#23 chet zesty

chet zesty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 24 February 2003 - 09:49 AM

Usually, a toy company will put its figures in "action settings" like a jungle or a "rock planet".

There aren't really "action settings" in the commercial, but they do show shots of a bunch of muscles in a fridge and in a fishbowl. The top picture in the second set of pics that I uploaded is the fridge shot. I couldn't get a clear pic of the fishbowl though.

The commercial is definitely legit. Anyone have a way to convert a VHS tape into a digital recording? I'd have no problem sending out the tape if it could be converted into a form for all to see.

#24 Warsman

Warsman

Demonic General

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 24 February 2003 - 10:06 AM

i got a tv card.
if you wanna send it out PM me.

i can make it a avi or mpeg what ever you want :lol:
~This space for rent.
~~The Management

#25 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 24 February 2003 - 10:22 AM

Damned Dirty Double Posts!...
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com