• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

FANtom-2-da-Core/Conceptor/Scanner/Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 23 March 2009 - 03:55 PM

Here is part 1 of Lee's Guide to Battle Beasts. I'm going to post part 2 as soon as I receive it in the mail. Also again if someone has the 4 Battle Beasts comics and 2 annuals, let me know if you'd be willing to let me barrow or buy it from you. If I barrow it I would scan it as quickly as possible and send it right back to you and then post it here on LRG for all BB fans to enjoy.

LEE'S GUIDE TO BATTLE BEASTS

Front Cover, page 1
Posted Image

page 2
Posted Image

page 3
Posted Image

page 4
Posted Image

page 5
Posted Image

page 6
Posted Image

page 7
Posted Image

page 8
Posted Image

page 9
Posted Image

page 10
Posted Image

LEE'S GUIDE TO BATTLE BEASTS PART 2

Front Cover, page 1
Posted Image

page 2
Posted Image

page 3
Posted Image

page 4
Posted Image

page 5
Posted Image

page 6
Posted Image

page 7
Posted Image

page 8
Posted Image

page 9
Posted Image

page 10
Posted Image

----------

the godbeast page
Posted Image

Edited by FANtomCore, 30 March 2009 - 10:00 PM.

What I like to collect (click below)
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

All toys came from the original One Toy :p

#2 dabbuu

dabbuu

Serious Collector

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 573 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 03:11 AM

Here is part 1 of Lee's Guide to Battle Beasts. I'm going to post part 2 as soon as I receive it in the mail. Also again if someone has the 4 Battle Beasts comics and 2 annuals, let me know if you'd be willing to let me barrow or buy it from you. If I barrow it I would scan it as quickly as possible and send it right back to you and then post it here on LRG for all BB fans to enjoy.

I could just post collection pics if you want to see part 2 :D

dabbuu
Posted Image

#3 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 07:03 AM

This was a nice guide. I recommend hunting the 2 parts down to add to your collection if you can.

#4 gilgar

gilgar

Supertzar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2706 posts
  • Interests:Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, NWOBHM, Punk, Hardcore, Thrash -->CDs, Albums, Videos, DVDs, MP3's, etc.

Toys, Toys, Toys especially vintage & old cars! HW (esp. redlines), Dealer Promos, SSPs, et. al., kinnikuman, SD kinkeshi, M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, & anything else that catches my eye

Posted 24 March 2009 - 06:22 PM

wow, that's cool, thanks for posting it!
Posted Image
the slime of all my yesterdays
rots in the hollow of my skull

they will pick up snakes in their hands, and if they drink any deadly thing, it will not harm themPosted Image

#5 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 24 March 2009 - 06:31 PM

your welcome dude, glad somebody thanked me, i was thinking nobody gave a damn about the contribution.
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

#6 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 24 March 2009 - 06:35 PM

your welcome dude, glad somebody thanked me, i was thinking nobody gave a damn about the contribution.

I don't think that is the case FANtomCore. There just isn't that much activity in the BB section anymore. I want to personaly thank you for posting that. And as a special thank you I am scanning my copy of the Number 1 BB Comic. I don't have the other ones.

Trust me I know it is a pain to scan this stuff. It takes some time to do it.

Thanks Again!!!!

WhiteLeo

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#7 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 06:52 PM

I don't think that is the case FANtomCore. There just isn't that much activity in the BB section anymore. I want to personaly thank you for posting that. And as a special thank you I am scanning my copy of the Number 1 BB Comic. I don't have the other ones.

Trust me I know it is a pain to scan this stuff. It takes some time to do it.

Thanks Again!!!!

WhiteLeo

Yeah WhiteLeo, I notice there is alot less activity in the Battle Beasts section than the MUSCLE, Kinnikuman or other sections. I honestly thought this would be the more active section, but its rather dormant compared to the rests. I guess I wasn't around when it was more up beat.

Also thanks in advance for scanning BB#1. I regret not buying the 3 BB comics from TGB when I had the chance. Then i could scan the rest to provide here. Maybe DK77 will follow through maybe not, I really messed up on that opportunity. But yeah scanning takes patience to say the leasts but I can go at a rather fast pace.

First I had to figure out what issue of Lee's Toy Review that contained the part 1 guide of BB. Then I checked Lee's site to order the back issue, they were out of that issue then i had to search the web to find it. A comic company had it in stock so I ordered it for $10 shipped. When it arrived I scanned it, edit it using PS and wah lah, posted it here. I should be getting part 2 in the mail soon. I managaed to order that at Lee's website. They still had that issue available for order. So this guide will be posted complete soon.
Spoiler
-Walter Benjamin

#8 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 08:05 PM

oh dang, i didnt even think of scanning this guide, i've have both forever...

#9 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 24 March 2009 - 09:03 PM

Man, i hunted like mad for this issue when i first started collecting, it was frustrating cranking out a ton of Battle Beast art for contests and commissions and having to sit at the computer for reference if i had to draw anything other than the 8 or so Beasts i owned. All i could ever track down was the second part and i never got a lot of requests for the Japanese LBs so it wasn't exactly helpful. I have all the regular Battle Beasts now so it's easier, but it's still nice finally seeing this article. Thanks! :)
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#10 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:57 PM

Updated, I received the 2nd part of the guide in the mail, so here it is complete. It's located in the 1st post.

Again, if anyone has the comics consider sending them out to me to barrow or buy, so i can scan them all as well. At least that way if your comics ever get messed up or lost you have a back up, but most importantly you'd be helping out the BB community with some U.S./U.K.-specific back story to this toyline. I talked to WhiteLeo and I'll being doing the editing of the Comic section of the LB Book. So you know I'm down with completing the Full story of it all.
Spoiler
-Walter Benjamin

#11 bkb1777

bkb1777

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts & Laser Beasts!

Posted 26 March 2009 - 10:09 PM

I appreciate this a lot. Thank you very much!!
:(
**Live long and prosper**

#12 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 10:19 PM

your welcome
Spoiler
-Walter Benjamin

#13 dabbuu

dabbuu

Serious Collector

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 573 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 02:28 AM

your welcome

Yes thank you for doing this

dabbuu
Posted Image

#14 Donkeykid77

Donkeykid77

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts!

Posted 27 March 2009 - 04:17 AM

:thanks: Very, very nice man!
Though I have a copy of both parts, putting them online here is a great thing to do!! :clapping:
Don't worry about the comics, I said I would do it, so I will, guess you don't know DK yet :thumbsup:

Might take another week though, and if possible I will have my brother scan them,
instead of me taking pictures of each page, we'll see ;)

DK77.
Integre navigo, sic itur ad astra.

#15 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 09:49 PM

your welcome

Nice work! Now you just need issue #161!!! :) :D :D

TGB

#16 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 09:58 PM

Nice work! Now you just need issue #161!!! :D :) :D

TGB

Oh you mean this...

Posted Image

I guess for completeness sake :D
Spoiler
-Walter Benjamin

#17 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 30 March 2009 - 10:08 PM

Man, that's the first i've heard about that article, pretty cool. :) Although the caption under the picture makes it sound like Marty died prior to publication. :D
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#18 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 10:13 PM

Man, that's the first i've heard about that article, pretty cool. :D Although the caption under the picture makes it sound like Marty died prior to publication. :)

Marty's alive and well, although his sculpted pieces would sky rocket in value if some unfortunate meteorite landed on him. But yeah I'm not counting on that. :D

Edited by FANtomCore, 30 March 2009 - 10:20 PM.

Spoiler
-Walter Benjamin

#19 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 11:51 AM

Man, that's the first i've heard about that article, pretty cool. :) Although the caption under the picture makes it sound like Marty died prior to publication. :D

:no: :p :p Actually, that Marty is dead. That photo was literally just months before I was blindsided w/ divorce and I was 200 lbs. Then through the miraculous marvels of divorce I lost 55 lbs. in 6 months and have kept it off for over 3 years now!

What is not funny...is that I have thought several times, what if something did happen to me :o ...what would become of my molds, equipment, sculpts, etc... :huh: Since my sons have already started sculpting and designing their own figures... B)

#20 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 12:11 PM

thanks for scanning these Fantomcore, they're great articles.

What were the publication dates?

Posted Image

#21 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I'm all about mono mini sculpts! , I also like long walks on the beach and wearing G-Strings in the privacy of my home.

Posted 31 March 2009 - 02:58 PM

Very nice to see someone else getting back in the Battle Beasts spirit.
I want to send a huge Thank You! to FANtomCore and White Leo for keeping things going. :M:

I have a new love for Battle Beasts figures. :mcmadd:

Edited by meatcutta78, 31 March 2009 - 02:58 PM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#22 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 03:24 PM

Man, that's the first i've heard about that article, pretty cool. :) Although the caption under the picture makes it sound like Marty died prior to publication. :huh:

:mcmadd: :M: :lol: Actually, that Marty is dead. That photo was literally just months before I was blindsided w/ divorce and I was 200 lbs. Then through the miraculous marvels of divorce I lost 55 lbs. in 6 months and have kept it off for over 3 years now!

What is not funny...is that I have thought several times, what if something did happen to me :o ...what would become of my molds, equipment, sculpts, etc... :huh: Since my sons have already started sculpting and designing their own figures... B)

I'm sure when you done showing them everything you know about sculpting, molding, casting, painting, etc. they will become as skillful as you, maybe even better. They might even take it beyond a hobby and make a business out of it just like there dad. B)
Spoiler
-Walter Benjamin

#23 Donkeykid77

Donkeykid77

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 07:45 AM

Marty, the LRG community NEEDS you!
I hereby officially FORBID you to die!
Maybe in a couple of hundred years or so from now, we'll find a suitable replacement...
Unless of course you'ld rather retire a little sooner than that,
in which case you have the moral OBLIGATION to see to it that your sons...
become just as great as you are! ;)
( Is better possible? :unknw: )

Greetings from your Belgian fan,
Donkeykid77 :thumbsup:

#24 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 10:51 PM

thanks for scanning these Fantomcore, they're great articles.

What were the publication dates?

the publication date for part 1 is February 2006 (issue #160), the godbeast article March 2006 (issue #161), and part 2 is August 2006 (issue #166). these guides are about 3 years old.

Edited by FANtomCore, 01 April 2009 - 10:58 PM.

Spoiler
-Walter Benjamin

#25 Donkeykid77

Donkeykid77

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 03:25 AM

Marty before his divorce:

Posted Image

Marty after his divorce:

Attached File  godbeastscan.jpg   165.89K   35 downloads

:wub:

Note the big smile on Marty's face in the 2nd pic :huh: :lol:

Greetz, DK77.

PS How do you change the % size of the uploaded pics??
Anyone care to explain that to me? TIA!

Edited by Donkeykid77, 02 April 2009 - 03:29 AM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com