43 replies to this topic

#1 Omega

Omega

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 11 September 2005 - 12:00 AM

I was just wondering if there are any other hardcore star wars fans on this site and whether or not anyone collects the toys and other merchandise out there? I myself have centered in on the 3 3/4 inch line which is enough to keep a guy's pocket book always empty.

~~~Omega~~~

#2 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 12 September 2005 - 02:05 AM

I am not necessarily the most die hard Star Wars fan, although I must admit that I am a pretty big fan of it. Before the prequels, I used to collect quite a bit of the EU comic books. I liked the Timothy Zahn stuff to a certain extent.

I am also a big fan of the 3 3/4" line as well. I always liked the Jedi, Stormtroopers and Boba Fett when I was a kid. I know, it's the stuff everyone else in Star Wars collecting likes, but I don't care. I like what I like.

As a kid, I always thought a large army of Stormtroopers would be awesome, but of course that wasn't going to happen. Especially when I was 8 and there was no POTF2 figures, only the originals. So, with Episode III, I decided to try and make a fairly decent army of Clonetroopers. I have done pretty decently. Here's a list of my army thus far. I will try and post a picture soon:

4 Clone Commanders (1 Red, 1 Green, 1 Custom Blue, 1 Custom Grey)
33 Clone Troopers (an equal mix of the draw attack and SA)
1 Target Clone Trooper
3 Red Shock Troopers
2 AT-TE Gunners
1 Barc Trooper
1 Commander Bacara
4 Clone Pilots
1 Jet Trooper
1 Arc Trooper (Red, Clone Wars)
2 Senate Security (1 Red, 1 Blue)
1 Tarkin

That's what I have right now. Of course, as they come out with more, I am going to try and pick some up of each color variation when I can.

Eric

#3 Omega

Omega

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 09:21 AM

Hey man thats a great army you got there. A lot of those figures haven't reached Canada yet. A friend of mine amassed a huge stormtrooper army when they were offering the 4 packs through the fanclub. He has them on display and I must say it looks very impressive. Last time I counted I was borderline on the 600 figure mark. The problem I have is I am simply out of room to display them and the countless ships and playsets I've amassed over the years. I am trying to downsize all the other star wars crap I own. If you are in need of any other star wars trinkets I may just have them packed away in storage.

~~~Omega~~~

#4 lazzy lizard

lazzy lizard

fiznucking chillin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts
  • Interests:love to collect all sorts of stuff mainly star wars(new & old), motu (new & old), glyos, beastformers, godzilla, and some 80's cartoons and tv show characters. love making customs too!

Posted 13 September 2005 - 04:23 AM

i'm a die hard star wars fan, but i like you only collect the figures for the simple fact of lack of space & it just doesn't make sense to me to buy something to put it in storage! but i have all my rots figs still in the package waiting to be torn open and played w/! i have a lot of figs to catch up on too, so here's to looking for my holes, wish me luck.

=)

Edited by lazzy lizard, 13 September 2005 - 07:35 AM.

AIN'T NO PARTY LIKE A BATTLE BEASTS PARTY CAUSE A BATTLE BEAST PARTY DON'T STOP!!!

VISIT MY CUSTOMS GALLERY>> http://www.littlerub...showtopic=17082

#5 transformersontheshelf

transformersontheshelf

The Toy Store Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Interests:Toys and Games of all sorts!

Posted 13 September 2005 - 04:30 AM

I love Star Wars but only own like 3 figures or so and a few of the 70's line that i find from time to time. TF's take up about 90% of my money and space.

#6 Omega

Omega

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 07:59 AM

i'm a die hard star wars fan, but i like you only collect the figures for the simple fact of lack of space & it just doesn't make sense to me to buy something to put it in storage! but i have all my rots figs still in the package waiting to be torn open and played w/! i have a lot of figs to catch up on too, so here's to looking for my holes, wish me luck.

=)

Hey Lazzy post what you need and I'll see what I can do.

~~~Omega~~~

#7 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 11:25 AM

I just recently started a vintage SW carded collection. It will take me years to have all the cards I want but so I know what to hunt for ;)

Sylvain

#8 Omega

Omega

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 11:55 AM

I just recently started a vintage SW carded collection. It will take me years to have all the cards I want but so I know what to hunt for ;)

Sylvain

Sylvain that is going to be one huge undertaking. The vintage mint carded figs can command high prices among collectors. I'm not saying its not possible but it requires large amounts of $$$$. Good luck with your pursuit of a vintage carded collection. ;)

~~~Omega~~~

#9 lazzy lizard

lazzy lizard

fiznucking chillin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts
  • Interests:love to collect all sorts of stuff mainly star wars(new & old), motu (new & old), glyos, beastformers, godzilla, and some 80's cartoons and tv show characters. love making customs too!

Posted 14 September 2005 - 04:12 AM

i hope to one day be able to get all the vintage figs on card maybe in 4-5 years from now, but i'll settle for the loose vintage complete collection i have now!

omega- there isn't much i can't get here except for a (your gonna farking laugh!) c3-po & padme b/c i kept saying i'll get them later they'll be peg warmers. now i can't find a single one not even on damaged cards!?!

but i know i will come across one @ a akward place when i'm not necessarily looking for them.

thx for the offer though.

what are you looking for?

=)
AIN'T NO PARTY LIKE A BATTLE BEASTS PARTY CAUSE A BATTLE BEAST PARTY DON'T STOP!!!

#10 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 05:43 AM

I am happy w/ my complete loose vintage SW figures...I had to sell off ALL my neo-classic and prequel ones...I just couldn't let my wallet suffer the multi-lukes/vaders/bens/etc...any longer. :D :( :angry:

Anyway, I SHOULD post this in the "Got Toys" section...but, I have 2 Target Lava Vaders and BOTH of the Target Clone Trooper variations MOC. :D

Anyone interested, LMK asap. I will consider any trade/cash offer. ;)

TGB

#11 Personality #9

Personality #9

Suedehead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1663 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts (I migrated over from the Beastformers boards), the sciences, Baseball (Huge St. Louis Cardinals fan) and of course, women.

Posted 14 September 2005 - 01:42 PM

Like Marty, I wound up getting rid of my Prequel SW stuff.

I felt the figures were done rather cheaply and wasn't all that impressed with the series... :D
Formally known as Artimus Prime

#12 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 01:25 PM

Star Wars is what got me back into collecting toys back in 1995! I remember seeing the ad on Fruit Loops advertising Han Solo in Stormtrooper gear. Between then and episode 3 I purchased 99.9% of the carded figures, but when episode 3 came out I only bought figures I wanted to open. I do love the Anakin Skywalker Evolutions 3 pack. Anyone else get this? It's awesome!

#13 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 16 September 2005 - 06:52 AM

I saw the Anakin Evolutions pack, but I didn't get it. I did get the Stormtrooper Evolutions pack and thought it was great.

Eric

#14 Omega

Omega

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 09:10 AM

Anyone pick up the new saga 06 figs or how about the droid 5 packs? I must say that hasbro is doing a wonderful job with the new sculpted figs. The problem is it's impossible for me to keep up with the speed that they are arriving in stores. Anyone else have this problem? Looks like there are going to be some awesome looking figures in the coming months. If you had to pick one figure from the upcoming assortments that you would be most excited about who would it be and what figure are you hoping that they will get around to making?

~~~Omega~~~

#15 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 10:57 AM

I just picked up two so far. I really didn't care for any of the figures from the Carkoon wave. I idd get the Snowtrooper and AT-AT Driver from the Hoth wave. I like the snowtrooper, but it needs more articulation. The AT-AT Driver is great. I love him. He's a very nice figure with great small details.

I am really looking forward to the Geonosis and Coruscant waves. Of course I want to get all three of the clone troopers, Scorch, Commander Cody and his trooper.

I am also looking forward to the new VOTC figures, mainly the Scoutrooper and Sand People figures.

I am have also picked up just a couple of the unleashed battle packs, and while i know some don't like them, I love them. Little battle beast sized Clone Troopers.

Eric

#16 Omega

Omega

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 07:46 PM

I just picked up two so far. I really didn't care for any of the figures from the Carkoon wave. I idd get the Snowtrooper and AT-AT Driver from the Hoth wave. I like the snowtrooper, but it needs more articulation. The AT-AT Driver is great. I love him. He's a very nice figure with great small details.

I am really looking forward to the Geonosis and Coruscant waves. Of course I want to get all three of the clone troopers, Scorch, Commander Cody and his trooper.

I am also looking forward to the new VOTC figures, mainly the Scoutrooper and Sand People figures.

I am have also picked up just a couple of the unleashed battle packs, and while i know some don't like them, I love them. Little battle beast sized Clone Troopers.

Eric

I just ordered the Hoth wave and can't wait to see the General Veers figure. Three of the six figures in the carkoon wave were total rehashes so I only picked up Boush, Han and Bib. Nothing really to get excited about although the Boush fig was an improvement over the potf version.

I too, am looking forward to the upcoming waves and hope they live up to my expectations. The VOTC scout trooper should be one hell of an awesome figure. Hopefully we see maximum articulation. Unleashed figures are just not my thing but I can see how they would appeal to a great number of people.

~~~Omega~~~

#17 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 08:15 PM

Yeah, I am really hoping for a #41 style articulation on the Scout trooper. I am kind of wondering what accessories he will come with. Definately a pistol, and I am guessing a blaster rifle as well, but I would love to see him included with a Sniper rifle as well, ala Battlefront.

I just saw the General Veers figure, and I thought he looked great. I was very tempted to pick him up, but I only have enough to pick up a figure every now and again. He looked like a great figure though.

I also wasn't a big fan of the large 7" Unleashed figures, I just didn't like the mini-statues. However, since I was a kid, I have always loved small little 1-2" figures, and these new small unleashed figures are nice for me in that respect.

Eric

#18 Darth_Blues

Darth_Blues

Time Traveller

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 01:37 PM

Anyone pick up the new saga 06 figs or how about the droid 5 packs? I must say that hasbro is doing a wonderful job with the new sculpted figs. The problem is it's impossible for me to keep up with the speed that they are arriving in stores. Anyone else have this problem? Looks like there are going to be some awesome looking figures in the coming months. If you had to pick one figure from the upcoming assortments that you would be most excited about who would it be and what figure are you hoping that they will get around to making?

~~~Omega~~~

I picked up some of the Genosian Wave today. But I do agree that Hasbro is really pumping these out fast! I'm barely done with the Hoth Wave!
Posted Image

#19 lazzy lizard

lazzy lizard

fiznucking chillin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 04:25 AM

ain't it the truth! i still have holes in my collection of ep3 figs, i just figured they'd be warming the pegs for a while, then all of the sudden they were al gone. i really have to hit some of the stores in the suburbs and see what i can find, if worst comes to worst i'll have to hit ebay or wait till the next toy show around here. the new figs are sweet, but i'm not digging the repack/retools anymore when are they gonna learn that we don't want 2-3 of the same exact fig on different packaging. they should have done a resculpt of lando w/ the sarlaac tentacle or the skiff guard master in the sandy colored ribbed outfit, or the other barada type guard. there is so much that they can do they just lack the idea's i guess???

=)

#20 Omega

Omega

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 07:57 AM

ain't it the truth! i still have holes in my collection of ep3 figs, i just figured they'd be warming the pegs for a while, then all of the sudden they were al gone. i really have to hit some of the stores in the suburbs and see what i can find, if worst comes to worst i'll have to hit ebay or wait till the next toy show around here. the new figs are sweet, but i'm not digging the repack/retools anymore when are they gonna learn that we don't want 2-3 of the same exact fig on different packaging. they should have done a resculpt of lando w/ the sarlaac tentacle or the skiff guard master in the sandy colored ribbed outfit, or the other barada type guard. there is so much that they can do they just lack the idea's i guess???

=)

I agree with you lazzy those repacks are crap. Unless it's something I missed or has some new amazing accessory then I just pass on the figure entirely. As for the lack of Hasbro's ideas, sometimes I think that the people working at Hasbro have never even watched the movies and thus have no idea of what they are doing.

~~~Omega~~~

#21 ToyManiac

ToyManiac

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 08:14 AM

Have you guys seen the new VOTC figures yet?:

Sand People

Luke: X-Wing Pilot

Han: Trench Coat

Greedo

Biker Scout

I wonder how many of those cards will have to be cut up in order to get the George Lucas in Stormtrooper disguise figure. ;)

Edited by ToyManiac, 08 February 2006 - 08:16 AM.

#22 lazzy lizard

lazzy lizard

fiznucking chillin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 08:39 AM

i want a contest like "make yourself into a any figure you want" i would definitely have myself done as a biker scout or stormtrooper maybe even a at-at driver?

=)

#23 Omega

Omega

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 09:40 AM

Have you guys seen the new VOTC figures yet?:

Sand People

Luke: X-Wing Pilot

Han: Trench Coat

Greedo

Biker Scout

I wonder how many of those cards will have to be cut up in order to get the George Lucas in Stormtrooper disguise figure. ;)

Yeah I saw these pics yesterday. That scoutrooper will be awesome. Some of the others look a little boring but I will be picking them up anyway. As for cutting up the cards to get the Lucas fig, I heard it was going to be five but then again I'm screwed anyway since it's been reported its only open to the United States. What a crock of shizznit!

~~~Omega~~~

#24 lazzy lizard

lazzy lizard

fiznucking chillin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 10:30 AM

no probs dude! i'll get ya one if you want, just send me the proofs and what ever it'll cost to ship to you. i usually get a bunch for a rainy day and as trade fodder.

=)

#25 Yom

Yom

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 10:38 AM

stupid question : what mean VOTC ? ;)
Ready for battle
Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com