• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 retroactive80z

retroactive80z

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1237 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, Fake Battle Beasts, Custom Battle beasts.
    BATTLE BEASTS ROCK AND SO DO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:04 PM

Hey guys putting this together to see who has the rare drills.

That way we can see where they all go.

If im correct in saying.

The most rare is the Blue Drill.
Followed by the Yellow.
Then Maroon.
Then Gold.

If you can just right what you have that would be great and if you have spare of anything.

I HAVE

Blue Drill........... Yes
Yellow Drill......... No but i Want one
Maroon Drill..........Yes
Gold Drill............ Yes

#2 Toxoviper

Toxoviper

Toy Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1269 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:26 PM

Gold Drill w/101 - Beastformers Vs Laser Beasts Boxset
Yellow Drill w/101 - Mail Away
Blue Drill w/102 - Punch Box
Maroon Drill w/103 - Punch Box

In order of rarity from common to rare.
Gold
Maroon
Yellow
Blue

I currently only own the Gold Drill myself.

I'm interested to hear what other collectors have to say on the Drills.

#3 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

The beast collector in the boonies...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:56 PM

Just gold as well.

#4 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:19 PM

What makes the blue drill more rare than the yellow? I would think a mail away would be more rare but just my opinion.

#5 Toxoviper

Toxoviper

Toy Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1269 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:24 PM

What makes the blue drill more rare than the yellow? I would think a mail away would be more rare but just my opinion.

I'm only going by how many members are looking for the Blue Drill currently that own the Yellow.

Making the Blue only slightly more rare.
But we are only talking 5-10 exist of each in collections we know of.

Look at the Blue Drill in comparison to the Clear and Stripe Carps from the punch box.
One was produced in higher numbers (Clear Carp / Maroon w/103) to the other prizes (Stripe Carp / Blue w/102).

Maybe a later lower production run assortment for the prize boxes contained the (Stripe Carp / Blue w/102).

#6 retroactive80z

retroactive80z

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1237 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, Fake Battle Beasts, Custom Battle beasts.

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:32 PM

Yea im going from what people say on here.

The yellow Drill seems a little more common then the blue but only a little.
So Salt Lake what you got?

#7 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1464 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:50 PM

I have two yellow, two red and one gold (and one TGB crystal clear :)). I currently know of 5 blue and 6 yellow in existence since I started collecting (though I am sure more are out there) so blue is at least marginally more rare in the collections known by me. I would say they were probably produced in similar numbers as they at least seem to fetch about the same amount ($1000-1500) but that's a question I don't know that we would ever know the answer to.
-Barry

#8 retroactive80z

retroactive80z

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1237 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:28 PM

I'm guessing that if a person has a drill they would be on this forum. So hopefully we can get a idea on this thread how many are out there. I actually got my blue one from Judith in the uk. So maybe there is only 4 blue that we know about. J

#9 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• 1464 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:34 PM

There are actually quite a few large collectors not on this forum and very private about their collections. I know of at least two in Japan that are not here so I wouldn't be too confidant that they have all landed here. Remember Battle Beasts were released in Japan and in many places in Europe so don't even assume that they all speak English as there are some deep toy networks in other places too!

#10 retroactive80z

retroactive80z

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1237 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:44 PM

Yea good point mate forgot about all that for a second. Well guys keep letting us know what you have.

#11 saleen123456

saleen123456

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:18 PM

Hey Guys hope all is well been away for awhile with medical issues but am back now. I have a few drills you can add to the tally.

I have...
3 Gold Drills
1 Maroon
1 Yellow

I used to own a Blue drill but sold it to get money to buy the sealed Euro Chargers.

#12 yaggi482

yaggi482

Serious Collector

• 460 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:31 PM

I've got one gold and one maroon.

#13 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:23 PM

2 Gold
1 Blue
1 Maroon

Once had a yellow that went to roland13 :wallbash:

#14 retroactive80z

retroactive80z

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1237 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:46 PM

2 Gold
1 Blue
1 Maroon

Once had a yellow that went to roland13 :wallbash:

Whos Roland 13 another collector?
Im gussing you got a good price for it.
We all sell things we wish we hadnt. Jay

#15 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:53 PM

Whos Roland 13 another collector?
Im gussing you got a good price for it.
We all sell things we wish we hadnt. Jay

you dont know Roland13~? I guess he was before your time. He had an amazing collection, but sold it a few years ago.

http://www.littlerubberguys.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31724&st=0&p=277137&hl=roland13&fromsearch=1&#entry277137

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/roland13/Battle%20Beasts/

Edited by Ericnilla, 26 June 2012 - 09:56 PM.

#16 Tars Tarkas

Tars Tarkas

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:44 AM

1 maroon
Posted Image

#17 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• 1854 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:00 AM

you dont know Roland13~? I guess he was before your time. He had an amazing collection, but sold it a few years ago.

http://www.littlerubberguys.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31724&st=0&p=277137&hl=roland13&fromsearch=1&#entry277137

Wow nice collection did that guy have, including a Shark Army :)
Guess most of his items were sold to people on the board or did he threw them out on Ebay as well back than?

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#18 Glock

Glock

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:30 AM

Thats crazy. Some serious $$$ there. Does anyone have a collection like that on here?

#19 retroactive80z

retroactive80z

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1237 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:06 AM

Wow and I thought my collection was starting to get good. Yea I have seen photos of his collection befor. But yea was befor my time. He has a lot of varients and factory mistakes in his collection lol. J

#20 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1854 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:33 AM

On topic:

To me these drills, even with their rareness, don't change my opinion on any of the BB/LB accessory outside the Figs and weapons.
For me their designs are really hillarious and poor compared to the outstanding work they did on the figs and weapons, I still don't understand why Takara has ever agreed with these, the chariots, playsets and others in relation to the BB/LB line.

So you guess don't have to be affraid there'll be any competition from my side to get them :)

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#21 Onyxiaphil

Onyxiaphil

Starcaller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • Interests:Transformers
    Battle Beasts
    Armorvors
    Nintendo
    Everything custom
    Poutine & Bacon

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:38 AM

I have a Black drill. It says Mastercraft on the side. :stupid:

#22 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:58 AM

On topic:

To me these drills, even with their rareness, don't change my opinion on any of the BB/LB accessory outside the Figs and weapons.
For me their designs are really hillarious and poor compared to the outstanding work they did on the figs and weapons, I still don't understand why Takara has ever agreed with these, the chariots, playsets and others in relation to the BB/LB line.

So you guess don't have to be affraid there'll be any competition from my side to get them :)

I thought the same thing which is why I no longer have the yellow drill. At the time I traded it I was more focused on the core 77-112. When I completed that trade it completed my LB set and I was happy. But then started dabbling in gumballs, greeks, variants, knockoffs, Sd's. I even thought the Sd's were lame and thought I would never buy those. But now I am only 5 shy and several weapons away from a complete set in each color. I kick myself in the pants everytime I think about trading that drill. I have owned multiple complete LB's and wish I would have been more patient. Now the yellow drill is one of the major things missing from my collection :confused:

GJNL I wouldn't doubt if you caught the drill bug one day because I thought the same things in my first few years.

#23 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1854 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:07 AM

I thought the same thing which is why I no longer have the yellow drill. At the time I traded it I was more focused on the core 77-112. When I completed that trade it completed my LB set and I was happy. But then started dabbling in gumballs, greeks, variants, knockoffs, Sd's. I even thought the Sd's were lame and thought I would never buy those. But now I am only 5 shy and several weapons away from a complete set in each color. I kick myself in the pants everytime I think about trading that drill. I have owned multiple complete LB's and wish I would have been more patient. Now the yellow drill is one of the major things missing from my collection :confused:

GJNL I wouldn't doubt if you caught the drill bug one day because I thought the same things in my first few years.

Hmmm can't deny there are some similarities to my situation at the moment.............. so I've to be aware I wont make the same 'mistake' as you did :) Thnx for the warning James!

Of course we can be fooling around about these drills but I'm aware that they do have a serious value amongst most of the collectors out here so I all hope you manage to find the ones you're missing although it looks like there are not enough known to fulfill that.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

#24 Onyxiaphil

Onyxiaphil

Starcaller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • Interests:Transformers
    Battle Beasts
    Armorvors
    Nintendo
    Everything custom
    Poutine & Bacon

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:21 AM

speaking of drills....

http://www.ebay.com/...=item19d28249c1

#25 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:20 PM

Wow nice collection did that guy have, including a Shark Army :)
Guess most of his items were sold to people on the board or did he threw them out on Ebay as well back than?

If I remember well all the collection was sold to one purchaser. Maybe it was split later but I'm nearly sure that Roland13 never split it.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com