• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I'm all about mono mini sculpts! , I also like long walks on the beach and wearing G-Strings in the privacy of my home.

Posted 10 December 2007 - 07:28 PM

Here is the 1st stages of my custom M.U.S.C.L.E Hauler.I was able to get this one for $6.00 on ebay.
The Rig was in great shape.
Posted Image
I started off by using nail polish remover to remove the North American logo off,This way it remains smooth.
I forgot to take pics of this stage. :lol:
Then I took it apart,Which was really easy everything pretty much snaps off.I desided to use High Heat White spray paint.
This gives it a nice natural feel to it,as opposed to the shiny look.Here are some pics with it still apart.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I'm all about mono mini sculpts! , I also like long walks on the beach and wearing G-Strings in the privacy of my home.

Posted 10 December 2007 - 07:32 PM

and here is the Hauler in its final stages.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Now I only need the Decal.This is where I need help so if someone can help me with this stage that would be Awesome!!
as soon as this one is done I have another idea for a Hauler no one has seen yet. ;)

#3 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 10 December 2007 - 08:43 PM

Looking good, Meatster. Have you contacted Veers? The man was all about the MUSCLE hauler a year or so ago. ;)
Posted Image

#4 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
  • Interests:Sega Master System and Segas other Consoles and games., Legos
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 11 December 2007 - 06:44 AM

I think Veers or Nate(Tortle) made up a decal for the hauler.

Check their websites.
"I've always believed that a lot of the trouble in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other." Ronald Regan - April 11, 1984

#5 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 07:36 AM

I did the logo for Veers back in the day, but never put it up on my website. Someone else was recently asking about it, and I managed to dig it up. Here you go!

Attached Files

#6 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 04:34 PM

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks a bunch Nate :woot: .Should have this bad boy wraped up by the end of the week.

#7 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 08:41 AM

I think you should pop one of these on Ebay!!! You might be surprised w/ the interest/$ it might generate. Those Hot Wheel collectors are fanatics!

Your custom looks SHAWEET and w/ Nate's decal...looks like you will be rollin' soon...ok, bad play on words I know. :(

Good Luck!

TGB

#8 Skorpjone

Skorpjone

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:AS Roma football club, Muscle, Exogini, Videogames, Retroarcade (arcade Mame Cabinet owner), my girl, my dogs, my cats, my family and my Yamaha YZF R6...........

Posted 13 December 2007 - 10:08 AM

maybe, I was to ask the logo....but I've created a new logo....I thnk that this level of light blue is most similar to the original one......what do you think about this?

Posted Image

And this is an image of the actual condictions of my next-to-be custom Muscle Hiway Hauler!

Posted Image

One thing.....Have you painted all the truck or only the container?

Edited by Skorpjone, 13 December 2007 - 10:15 AM.

#9 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22187 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 10:56 AM

I think you should pop one of these on Ebay!!! You might be surprised w/ the interest/$ it might generate. Those Hot Wheel collectors are fanatics!

Your custom looks SHAWEET and w/ Nate's decal...looks like you will be rollin' soon...ok, bad play on words I know. :D

Good Luck!

TGB

I think if someone does do this, make sure to note in bold type that it is a custom, and if it sells for big $$$ it's only right to cut Nate in on a little of it, since he re-created the logo for you guys.

Just my two cents. :D

#10 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 11:00 AM

Your custom looks SHAWEET and w/ Nate's decal...looks like you will be rollin' soon...ok, bad play on words I know. :D

Good Luck!

TGB

I think if someone does do this, make sure to note in bold type that it is a custom, and if it sells for big $$$ it's only right to cut Nate in on a little of it, since he re-created the logo for you guys.

Just my two cents. :D

I always give a set or couple of figures to whoever helped me by loaning the toy or making the packaging. I know I gave Nate a SRT set and I am recently hookin' him up w/ several custom Tortles for TOTALLY HELPING ME OUT A TON on my website!!!

Nate is PRICELESS!!!

I know Enio is a stand up guy and he will do something for Nate for helping him w/ the sticker graphic! That is just the kind of guy he is! B)

TGB

TGB

#11 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 13 December 2007 - 12:28 PM

maybe, I was to ask the logo....but I've created a new logo....I thnk that this level of light blue is most similar to the original one......what do you think about this?

Posted Image

And this is an image of the actual condictions of my next-to-be custom Muscle Hiway Hauler!

Posted Image

One thing.....Have you painted all the truck or only the container?

:D

Is (or was that, i should say) that the Masters of the Universe Hiway Hauler? I was under the impression that one was fairly in-demand all on its own. I already have one myself, but it's sad to see it all dead and smeary. :D

Are there any of these things that are just like dirt-common? If i could pick one up for a few bucks i think i'd be interested in making the M.U.S.C.L.E. Hauler myself, but i'm always adverse to destroying a nice or in-demand toy in the process.
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#12 Skorpjone

Skorpjone

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:AS Roma football club, Muscle, Exogini, Videogames, Retroarcade (arcade Mame Cabinet owner), my girl, my dogs, my cats, my family and my Yamaha YZF R6...........

Posted 14 December 2007 - 12:57 AM

no, it is a North american van lines hiway hauler, just like the one of meatcutta78.....I've paid it a few dollars (4 or 5, I don't remember....) from USA and I've only disassemble it to paint it in a beter way.....I've deleted a grat part of the Northamerican van lines logo on the two sides with a fine sand paper......result seems to be good.....today in the afternoon, I'll take a first hand of flat gray primer........

#13 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 14 December 2007 - 09:49 AM

no, it is a North american van lines hiway hauler, just like the one of meatcutta78.....I've paid it a few dollars (4 or 5, I don't remember....) from USA and I've only disassemble it to paint it in a beter way.....I've deleted a grat part of the Northamerican van lines logo on the two sides with a fine sand paper......result seems to be good.....today in the afternoon, I'll take a first hand of flat gray primer........

Whew. :woot: Blurred out like that, the logo is like the exact same shape as the Masters of the Universe one.
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#14 Skorpjone

Skorpjone

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 12:02 AM

What do you think about my M.U.S.C.L.E. logo? It is better than Tortle's logo?

#15 Skorpjone

Skorpjone

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 10:01 AM

Posted Image

I've printed logo with my printer......It's nice but I don't be able to obtain the same level of light blue......what do you think about the light blue level obtained with my printer? It is much different from the real one?
I wait for your opinions and advices!!!

#16 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 11:47 AM

I think the differences are slight, but they are important. I think the "MUSCLE" text of yours is closer to the proportions of the real logo, while mine was a bit too vertically elongated. I also think you got a lot more of the angles of the explosions right.

On the other hand, I think you also missed a few other angles. The Millions of Unusual... text is too widely spaced, and the "MUSCLE" text, although closer than mine, still isn't quite right.

So, inspired by your improvements, I went back and tweaked mine a bit. Check it out below. I think the MUSCLE text is well-proportioned and the angles are better. Also, I noticed that the left-top part of the "M" is cut in a weird way on the Hauler, as is the right-top side of the "E", so I adjusted the logo to match.

By the way, the colors are so highly saturated because when you print it, it darkens the image a little bit. When it's printed, the colors should look authentic.

Attached Files

#17 Skorpjone

Skorpjone

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 02:04 AM

Thanks for your advices, Tortle!!! But I point out that the logo I've printed and posted on my last message is your logo! I've leave behind my logo because I think yours is better than mine......I've only copied your logo file on a Microsoft Word file and I've reduced its dimensions........on the other hand, the only changee that I've applied to your logo is an enlargement of all worlds "Millions Unusual Small Creatures Lurking Everywhere" in order to try to respect the beginning and the end of the phrase in comparison with the MUSCLE image angles.

#18 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 05:59 AM

But I point out that the logo I've printed and posted on my last message is your logo!

Oh! I knew that. :)

For the color, just play with the brightness/contrast or hue/saturation. Different printers print color differently, so of course, it might not have the same exact color on your printer. If you look on Veers' site, he got his custom Hauler to look pretty close. Maybe a bit more green in the blue is needed?

#19 Skorpjone

Skorpjone

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 09:49 AM

I've finished my hauler! I love it!!!!!! Maybe it is not perfect, but I love it!!!!

Posted Image

#20 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22187 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 10:36 AM

Excellent!

#21 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 10:41 AM

That looks great!

I'm still on the lookout for old Hiway Haulers at flea markets and such, i wanna make one of these. :sweat:
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#22 Skorpjone

Skorpjone

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 09:24 AM

What do you think about my new custom box????

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I've created it with some cd transparent plastic cases and an old black base found in my closet!!!!

P.S. I'm sorry for the poor quality of these images!

#23 mimoman

mimoman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 09:45 AM

That custom case is fantastic! How did you go about chopping up the CD cases and then sticking them together?

#24 Skorpjone

Skorpjone

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 11:03 AM

That custom case is fantastic! How did you go about chopping up the CD cases and then sticking them together?

Simply I've used a cutter, and then a few little pieces of a telephone card, which i've colored with a black pen.....I've attached these little pieces in order to block off the hauler on the centre of the base and to block off the trasparent plastic case!!!! As soon as possible I'll post a better quality photo!

#25 gilgar

gilgar

Supertzar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2706 posts
  • Interests:Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, NWOBHM, Punk, Hardcore, Thrash -->CDs, Albums, Videos, DVDs, MP3's, etc.

Toys, Toys, Toys especially vintage & old cars! HW (esp. redlines), Dealer Promos, SSPs, et. al., kinnikuman, SD kinkeshi, M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, & anything else that catches my eye

Posted 04 February 2008 - 04:56 PM

Very nice, the custom case & the Hauler--great job!
Posted Image
the slime of all my yesterdays
rots in the hollow of my skull

they will pick up snakes in their hands, and if they drink any deadly thing, it will not harm themPosted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com