36 replies to this topic

#26 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 16 January 2006 - 06:15 AM

A very neat little toy line! Nice job with the Web page, as well!
Posted Image

#27 hushicho

hushicho

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:art, music, tarot, manga, culture, languages, cooking, supernatural

Posted 16 January 2006 - 03:57 PM

Yes, very well done indeed! I remember those too, just vaguely. They were adorable. :)

I'm glad to have finally found the topic again!
~ but that dream is your enemy ~ Kate Bush, 'Experiment IV'

#28 EVOM

EVOM

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 05:39 PM

Underated toys, mmmm where to start? There are so many 80s toy lines that could be mentioned like robo force,(ideal) crystar,(remco) wheeled warriors and so on but my favorite that I always thought were underated was the starcom line. The figures could have been bigger but the magnets on their feet were a cool touch. The vehicles were not so bad either.

Edited by evom777, 18 January 2006 - 05:40 PM.

#29 Mr. T

Mr. T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 07:50 PM

Man, I loved wheeled warriors! I liked how you could "customize" the vehicles with different weapons. The evil green brain aliens were my favorite thing about the toy line, that and their organic/mechanical vehicles.

I don't know how underrated these were but I also loved Starriors and Robotics!

Posted Image

#30 hushicho

hushicho

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:art, music, tarot, manga, culture, languages, cooking, supernatural

Posted 18 January 2006 - 10:07 PM

Wheeled Warriors were great, I never got to have many of the toys but a friend of mine is a huge fan of the series. He was always sad about not having been able to get too many of the toys when he was younger, and he only has a few tapes of some random episodes; it's one of his favorite series and, after seeing his episodes, it's grown in my esteem too. It's actually quite a good series, very engaging, with interesting and innovative designs and such. It's a pity that you don't really hear about Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors too much these days, and apparently it hasn't even been put out on DVD yet! That's a shame, and a danger because some of these shows are in terrible danger of being lost or the source material deteriorating beyond retrieval.

Robotix was another really quite good series (of toys and animation) that I think is actually still in existence, in toy form at least. But I'm not sure, the last time I saw one was a couple of years ago at an educational toys store. I wonder if they'll release the Robotix animated series sometime, it wasn't very long...
~ but that dream is your enemy ~ Kate Bush, 'Experiment IV'

#31 Kenshiro28

Kenshiro28

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Location:On the recieving end of Cactus Jack's flying elbow drop

Posted 03 February 2006 - 12:11 PM

Hmm.....what about D.I.C.E. ? I never really collected any of them and I heard the show wasn't great, but the idea of robot dinosaurs turning into motorcycles and stuff is an awesome concept....hell, just the robot dinosaur part is enough :stupid:
Posted Image

#32 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 01:30 PM

For me I would have to say it would be Mez-itz. Some of my favorite little guys, I think I have almost all of them except for the Austin Powers, Stealth Predators, and the RUn DMC's. Not sure if there are any others taht I am missing.

Posted Image

#33 Siccx Degree

Siccx Degree

Home of The Whopper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1139 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 01:55 PM

Mez-Itz are great, I got the Defenders of The Dragon Ninja set, the Stealth Ninja is a great lil' figure, and they have magnets on their feet too! But my favorite underrated toylines would have to be Air Raiders and Z-Knights...

260199921_b3fdfe42ca.jpg

#34 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 05:00 PM

Mez-Itz are great, I got the Defenders of The Dragon Ninja set, the Stealth Ninja is a great lil' figure, and they have magnets on their feet too! But my favorite underrated toylines would have to be Air Raiders and Z-Knights...

Magnets? You sure your talking about Mez-its and not those micronauts (or something like that)? Otherwise the stores over here havnt gotten those ones in yet.

Posted Image

#35 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 03 February 2006 - 06:12 PM

Z-Knights...

All I can say is thanks for mentioning this line. I must have totally missed it back in the day, but I looked them up, and I will surely be getting some of them! My Gundams are getting lonely. :stupid:

Posted Image

#36 Drtooth

Drtooth

germaphobe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 12:16 PM

A toy line from my childhood which I have spent the last year hunting feverishly are Nerfuls. I know they're really kidsy and are without any film or television tie-ins to speak of, but I love the designs, and they have a very universal appeal to me. I've managed to find all the generally avaliable figures and playsets, All the mail-away exclusives (including the original magazine coupon page for one of them), all the Happymeal figures and a happymeal box, and four figures that were produced in limited quantities but never commercially released due to the cancellation of the line. I really was able to do all that with about $250 as well, which in the world of collecting is a spit in a bucket too. Plus there are rare argentinian variants and 4 additional produced-but-unreleased figures to hunt still, so the fun continues for me.

HEY!!! That's what they were called. I rememberd having a bunch of them little guys!

BTW, did you know they WERE going to make a live action Toxic Crusaders movie (for kids), but they never did?
Posted Image

#37 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 06:29 AM

Rom the Space Knight. Am I the only one who thought he was a kick arse toy? I absolutely loved that toyline. He looked pretty cool and had plenty of accessories. Rom was so underrated.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com