• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#26 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22187 posts

Posted 25 April 2004 - 10:36 AM

all this talk about punctuation makes me think am still in school its no big deal

Actually, it does. If you fail to use proper punctuation, you come across as a 10 year old, and people don't take you serious, and will generally ignore or flame you for your bad grammar.

Also take into account that the average age on this board is mid twenties.

nothing should have changed from the manga

I agree.

#27 Liokaiserbf

Liokaiserbf

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 25 April 2004 - 10:44 AM

I have to agree completely with the series should've ended the way of the Manga. I have yet to see it and I really do wonder what the reaction will be if they keep it the same in the translated manga. If so I know the kids out there will be wonder WTF happened.

#28 Lord Croe Flash

Lord Croe Flash

Warsman in disguise

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 April 2004 - 11:17 AM

Also take into account that the average age on this board is mid twenties.

You're joking, right? I don't mean that as everyone seems dumb, it's just that every board I join people are mostly adults... that's not fair... lol.

I think it should've ended the same way as the Manga too, more people would have liked it, and it would be great to see Kevin win the crown.
Reality says:

When instructions are ignored: There is a consequence
When rules are broken: There is a consequence
When laws are defied: There is a consequence

Reality has no say in your imagination.

#29 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 25 April 2004 - 11:59 AM

The real problem with forgetting punctuation is that it can mess with the meaning of your statements, or just make each sentence impossible to understand.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#30 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22187 posts

Posted 25 April 2004 - 12:00 PM

You're joking, right? I don't mean that as everyone seems dumb, it's just that every board I join people are mostly adults... that's not fair... lol.

No, I'm serious. The fan base of UM is mainly people who grew up with Kinnikuman in Japan or M.U.S.C.L.E. in the USA. Considering that both those series were out in the mid 1980's, you have a pre-disposition for the fans to be 20 something.

#31 Black Oracle

Black Oracle

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 25 April 2004 - 12:19 PM

Well, i'm 19 but i never actually heard of M.U.S.C.L.E in the 1980s, i only got into kinnikuman when UM started showing, so i'm a newbie to the fan base too.

On topic, i wonder what the Japanese fans' reaction will be to the change in the ending of the Chojin Crown? Will they mind as much?

#32 LEE2K4

LEE2K4

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 April 2004 - 03:53 PM

No, I'm serious. The fan base of UM is mainly people who grew up with Kinnikuman in Japan or M.U.S.C.L.E. in the USA. Considering that both those series were out in the mid 1980's, you have a pre-disposition for the fans to be 20 something.

im only 18 i was thinkin ide actually be to old 4 this forum lol but am like the youngest :huh:

but on this topic i think the japanese fans may be a lil offended, thinkin were too good for their story lines :lol:

Edited by LEE2K4, 25 April 2004 - 03:59 PM.

#33 SlickNichXenon

SlickNichXenon

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 25 April 2004 - 08:24 PM

Well if the Japanese don't like the ending they shouldn't have cancelled Ultimate Muscle the first time. It's great how nobody likes Ultimate Muscle. Every Saturday I get shocked to see it still on the air. :huh:

#34 STG

STG

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 09:15 AM

I'm more curious to know now though whether eps in future will be altered much from the manga storyline? We've heard that in DS, Kid Muscle and Kevin Mask are quite hostile toward each other and don't get on too well, anyone think that upcoming eps might even take on a completely different story to that of the DS?

Actually, Kid Muscle is hostile toward Kevin while Keving reacting to Kid with "Fine, if you want to be like that, have it on your own way." attitude. Kid knows he is being very sour loser but cannot help himself since everyone want to see Kevin, the Chojin Crown Champion, fight and rescue Meat even if Kid wants to rescue Meat himself.

If DS gets animated, most of the Kid's attitude during the series must be totally rewritten.

On topic, i wonder what the Japanese fans' reaction will be to the change in the ending of the Chojin Crown? Will they mind as much?

Well, not many don't know about it yet. I've seen several Japanese UM fans off-line, but none of them haven't heard about it yet. Still, most of them are afraid of Happy-ending loving Americans would change the outcome. (Of course, I kept my mouth shut.)

On the other hand, on a Japanese forum where a couple of guys are checking of THIS forum and reporting what is happening with UM's newest episodes, this news had some impact. Quite number of them are disapointed with the change. Those who don't like the change want to see the outcome faithful to the manga made for Japanese airing.

BTW, UM may only get aired up to episode 64 in Japan. No one knows what will happen to the remaining episodes.

#35 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22187 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 09:27 AM

If I recall, the original Kinnikuman cartoon took off on it's own tangents too, away from the manga storyline.

#36 Drtooth

Drtooth

germaphobe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 10:18 AM

If I recall, The opening in the manga (from that tease of a preview in SJ) the entire first chapter is completely different than the first episode.

Plus, I'm going out on a limb, here... but I don't think that they actually animated (or are planning to dub) the Demon Seed saga for the US.... so we need an ending somewhere....
Posted Image

#37 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22187 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 01:59 PM

Plus, I'm going out on a limb, here... but I don't think that they actually animated (or are planning to dub) the Demon Seed saga for the US.... so we need an ending somewhere....

As far as I know, they haven't animated anything past episode 77.

#38 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22187 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 09:36 AM

At the end of the past episode it showed Kevin mask getting kid into a move called "Olap"(or something like that) When the episode starts you see Kid muscle screaming in pain from the attack, the three judges (Rammenman, Buffalo man and someone else who I can't remember) all point at Kevin and Kid. Terry(I think) explains that the judges will do that only when they think a move is perfect and cannot be broken out of. Kevin continues to pull kids arms until they break, his eyes go blank just like when he was fighting Mars. But Lord Flash tells Kevin to keep fighting kid muscle because he still has the sign on his forehead(Robin mask did the same with king muscle) Kevin agrees but he just stands there while kid muscle gets up, then Meat, Check and Dik dik arrive. Kid muscle trys to get up but he can't, then he hears meats voice and he manages to get up. Kevin makes fun of him because his arms are broken but Meat tells him to tense his muscles as hard as he can. He does so and his arms heal. Everyone is amazed at this, Kevin still ignores kid muscle while kid goes and lays down to talk to meat. Meat starts to talk to kid a bit like Minch would have. He gets back up the fight resumes. A few things go on but I can't really remember. In the end kid and Kevin both are glowing, Kid is blue and Kevin is gold. But Kevin makes kids light go out and he trys to break his arm with a different move, but this is the thing he does before his finishing move, the "big ben crash" he then tosses kid into the air and and gets him into the hold, everyone thinks that it is over. But as they are going down kid breaks out of it and gets Kevin into the butt buster. But Kevin remainds kid that he can get out of it easily. Kid realises that Kevin is right and gets Kevin into a completely new move called the "Kinniku gravity" (or something like that) he lands it and Kevin falls to the ground. The judges make the sign and Kid wins the match. Kevin mask gets up and explains to kid that he has seen the error of his ways and he then collapses out of the ring. Lord Flash runs gets out his claws and skids across the floor to save Kevin mask, he catches him but his armour cracks and he is revealed to be Wars man. Wars man explains that Kevin would have not understood if he didn't disguise his true form. He walks off with Kevin shouting after him. Then other things happen which I can't be bothered to explain, its nothing to do with the plot really.

Bump!

#39 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Video Games, Drawing comics, Toy collecting, Cartoons, TV shows and movies that would make me laugh for sake of nostalgia, so on ....

Posted 16 May 2004 - 12:53 PM

New guy!
I think they should keep the unexpected! Like in Dragon Ball, you'd expect Son Gokou to win the Tenakaichi Budokai, but loses in the 1st two, wins the next, and doesn't even complete the rest.

Check my site : http://uk.geocities....btinternet.com/ all parody stuff. Comic 24 is a Kinnikuman intro parody to newbes!

Edited by Frobman, 16 May 2004 - 12:55 PM.

#40 Kevin Mask555

Kevin Mask555

Teh #1 Kevin Mask Fan!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:Kevin Mask<br>Video Games<br>Anime<br>Manga<br>Soda<br>Comics<br>Stuff

Posted 17 May 2004 - 10:49 AM

Awww man i cant belive kevin loses to that punk kid muscle. :notme: Aww well at least i know who the real winner should have been. :woot:
Posted Image
I AM THE ULTIMATE KEVIN MASK FAN!

#41 STG

STG

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 30 May 2004 - 01:59 AM

If I recall, the original Kinnikuman cartoon took off on it's own tangents too, away from the manga storyline.

That's true. But they never changed the outcome of important match if they are using storyline based on the manga's. If the Chojin Crown had developed Anime only storyline, there won't be much fuss over the change.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com