36 replies to this topic

#26 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 07:22 PM

Keep in mind this thing has 16 separate pieces to be removed and used with the Glyos system of toys. It is also Glyos sized which is a bit bigger than a beast. There is also an $80 alternative that has less articulation, but certainly enough. The $160 figure also has the best quality plastic used. Worth it in my mind. Plus if he does other heads down the line you can pop them on and off this body.

#27 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 07:36 PM

Since the figure is going to be hard plastic, I wonder how hard it will be to pop the pieces off and on. Glyos are softer and easier to swap parts because of it.

#28 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5102 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 19 October 2011 - 01:34 PM

Marty got interviewed by my internet bud Vangelus during NYCC, and you get a decent look at those not-Beasts during the vid.

They really have a bulkier presence that still photos don't show off quite as well.

#29 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 01:49 PM

My 2 cents. I have bought many toys from TGB in the last years and every time I have been more than pleased with them. In fact they are always a lot better in hands than what you could imagine when you look at pics on your computer. I'm sure that Marty is not a thief and if he could sell the Wolf for less he would have do. Of course I would like this figure to be only $20 so I could get a lot of them but I will be more than happy to get at least one.

#30 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:00 PM

Plus this is a multi-collaboration and he's splitting the proceeds with others. I think it will be easy to pop on and off, and if it is a little snug 5 seconds under the hairdryer works like a charm.

#31 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:30 PM

I'm sure that Marty is not a thief and if he could sell the Wolf for less he would have do.

I didn't see where anyone said that he was.

#32 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:50 PM

I didn't see where anyone said that he was.

Nobody said it. I'm sorry if someone here thought that this sentence was for him. English is not my native tongue so sometimes I don't have the exact words to say what I wanted to. The word "thief" here was just used to explain that the $150 price is the normal price for such an item.

Edited by lord, 19 October 2011 - 02:51 PM.

#33 McCTXToys

McCTXToys

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 09:49 AM

Have you an idea of what is shown in the panel just above the Jem one ? And on the panel above again ? The first one looks like a samourai warrior with a tiger. And the second may be some kind of a beast in armor (Battle Beasts like ?).

That's be the Forgotten Realms (D&D) character Drizzt Do'Urden and Guenhwyvar.

#34 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 05:16 PM

Some days later we know more and could guess even more.

First there are some old brands directly named in the comic. They are : Candy Land, Micronauts, M.A.S.K., Jem, Action Man and Stretch Armstrong.
Added to that are appearance of GI Joe, Transformers, D&D and maybe more but I don't have the comic in hand yet.

Then new brands are named. Battleship Galaxies seems to be a return of the old game Battleship. UNIT.E really looks like to be a return of Centurions (Sky Vault reference). Primordia seems to be a return of Inhumanoids.

So everything that is in this book is from a vintage line.

Now please have a look at this pic

Posted Image

Have you an idea of what is shown in the panel just above the Jem one ? And on the panel above again ? The first one looks like a samourai warrior with a tiger. And the second may be some kind of a beast in armor (Battle Beasts like ?).

I'm sure there is a lot more hidden in this comic book. I hope to get one copy soon to check for more hint.

I just saw this thread but in case you were still wondering the guy with two swords and panther above Jem strongly remind me of Drizzt Do'Urden from the Forgotten Realms series.

#35 McCTXToys

McCTXToys

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 06:13 PM

I just saw this thread but in case you were still wondering the guy with two swords and panther above Jem strongly remind me of Drizzt Do'Urden from the Forgotten Realms series.

Look 1 post up bro.

;)

#36 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:23 PM

I didn't even see the whole of page 2 whoops :blush:

#37 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10725 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:04 AM

I just hope that we get a LRG line out of all of this, that isn't shitty. I'd like to see a resurgence of meaningful minis.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com