#26 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

Thanks for the kind words.

The magenta/purpleish color should be safely waiting in NY for the clutter show.

Attached File  kesheface2.jpg   184.16K   39 downloads

These are off to japan for the rampage toy store/art shop opening on the 25th.

Attached File  kesh1.jpg   126.55K   38 downloads

I want a general release noooooooow but they take awhile to make with two separate pieces and magnets and the packaging but the general release is coming soon.

Edited by PlasticSoul, 09 January 2013 - 06:46 PM.

#27 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:46 PM

saw the pic earlier on FB, love the packaging.

Thats what Jimmy and I have been talking about doing, but havent got around to it. hopefully in the coming months. :)

#28 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:40 PM

I wish i could show off the back of the packaging but TruTek hasn't sent me a pic yet.

His process is awesome but so time consuming. After all the design and photoshop stuff and me doing some art he gets the front and back printed somewhere then gets thick card stock then cuts everything to shape and glues it together piece by piece then glues on the bubble.

We are gonna try out a little indie type printing company next week i think. Getting it done professionally like that will be around a couple bucks per front/back but that is probably less then all the printing and glue cost already not to mention saving like 30-40 minutes per piece which is the real killer.

#29 krazedmadman

krazedmadman

Fist of the Death Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Interests:Finding lost toys destined to the heap and putting them in the hands of the deserving.

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:48 PM

So what did ya have to promise the devil for that sweet pair of talented hands?
Wastelander

#30 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4308 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

You must say that to all the guys....

#31 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:01 PM

It's funny, i actually used to be awful at sculpting but then i read this creepy book and now people like my stuff.

Attached Files

#32 TheWatcher

TheWatcher

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

Wow! I want one. Where do I sign up? What body part would you like me to send you? :teehee:

#33 krazedmadman

krazedmadman

Fist of the Death Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Interests:Finding lost toys destined to the heap and putting them in the hands of the deserving.

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

It's funny, i actually used to be awful at sculpting but then i read this creepy book and now people like my stuff.

Ahh that's where the Book of Pure Evil went. no wonder they cancelled it ya Jerk =)

Edited by krazedmadman, 09 January 2013 - 10:33 PM.

Wastelander

#34 sanjeev

sanjeev

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:00 AM

Hey, I wanna copy of that book, too! This is awesome stuff, guys.

...he gets the front and back printed somewhere then gets thick card stock then cuts everything to shape and glues it together piece by piece then glues on the bubble.

Say WHAAAAAA????

Man, you guys should cut that junk off--all that time could be spent sculpting more toys! ;)

Seriously, go indie. I use Catprint, and they're pretty great (and offer FREE proofs, which is clutch). Their "ultra card stock" should be good enough for a backing card. And just my two cents here, but if you went with any of those generic clamshells you can find on the web, you'd not only save time by not having to glue on a bubble, but us fans wouldn't be afraid of "ruining" the card. And it WON'T be more than $2 per figure for all that. Trust me--the time/effort savings will be worth it.

--
Sanjeev

instagram

blog

#35 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:24 PM

Thanks for the tips! I have been messing around the catprint site and it does seem cheaper. Have you ever tried the plastic cardstock option? I ordered the sample book just to get a feel for all the options.

#36 sanjeev

sanjeev

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:37 AM

Yeah, Catprint does very cheap low print runs (literally, as low as ONE print!). I would just make it a point to order early in your release time-line and ask for a proof. I've had a couple orders that have come printed slightly distorted because they misinterpreted what I wanted. They didn't charge me for the bad orders, but either way, proofs are critical in avoiding wasted time.

Anyway, I actually didn't know they offered plastic card stock! In fact, I just looked at their site and I couldn't seem to find it at all. I wouldn't be surprised though--they always seem to be adding new options. Like, I just saw that they recently started offering adhesive labels...pretty badass!

--
Sanjeev

instagram

blog

#37 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:47 AM

Under paper type -

12mil White Polyster Matte

CatPrint Plastic Card Stock is similar in weight and finish to matte light card stock, yet it is stiffer than our ultra card stock, and more durable than any organic stock. Plastic stock is water proof, and will not tear, crumple, fray or stain. Great for business cards, signs, menus, or any outdoor or frequently handled items. Recommended for wire & spiral binding. Not for use on folded jobs.

I want to try that for sure!

#38 sanjeev

sanjeev

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

Ah! Haha...that might be a bit overkill, but do you, man!

--
Sanjeev

instagram

blog

#39 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:11 AM

Thanks for the kind words.

The magenta/purpleish color should be safely waiting in NY for the clutter show.

Attached File  kesheface2.jpg   184.16K   39 downloads

How did that show go? Haven't seen much discussion about it, but it was loaded with figures I'd love to get.

#40 Leviathan

Leviathan

"Keep your Eyes peeled"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Interests:Monster in my Pocket, Kaiju, Vinyl & Customs

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:18 AM

Yeah! Same here! How did that show go?

As soon as I got clutter`s notification everything I wanted was already sold out. Really looking forward to getting some of these!

#41 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:35 PM

I heard overall it was really neat. Saw lots of cool pictures at a few sites.

Sadly the kesh-e-face figures arrived in NY on the 6th but were held in customs until the 11th then on the day of the show when the PO tried to deliver them it was too early in the morning and the gallery was closed. So they weren't even there for the opening night. Kind of sucks but the next day when everything from the show was available online they did sell out very very quickly.

#42 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

That's cool. I didn't even know buying the items online would be an option. I think I will go for a color other than the purple that was at the show anyway. Really looking forward to getting a Kesh-E-Face and everything else you have coming out soon.

#43 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

yeah i almost bought one online, but the $35 fee was a bit much to fork over for him. Very awesome though.

http://www.clutterma...exclusive-grape

#44 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:58 PM

Will there be a way to get one later ?

#45 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

Yeah the general release should be soon so everyone can grab one. Just takes a lot of time to get them made and the show was the first priority and the rampage studio was next. I still don't have one myself just cause there weren't ANY made yet besides those 10.

I would have liked them cheaper as well but at 3 inches tall with two separate molds and drilling then attaching the two magnets and all the handmade packaging they got kind of labor intensive and expensive. Maybe outsourcing the packaging will cut down on the time and cost though.

Don't worry though any regular mini-figures i make will stay around the price they always have been.

#46 Patraw

Patraw

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:03 AM

Cool concept/sculpt and making the head detachable leaves the door open for all sorts of future variations/customizations. I don't think I've ever seen a mini figure with rotating faces before either, which makes it unique.

#47 Fraganaut

Fraganaut

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

Really nice *thumbs up*

#48 munny

munny

All seeing eye

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:COLLECTING AND MORE COLLECTING ANYTHING ELSE? OH YEA COLLECTING!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:27 PM

@plasticsoul, whatever happened to beargod?
"The surprise is, one day you will have it"

#49 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:45 PM

Thanks guys. Really appreciate the kind words.

@plasticsoul, whatever happened to beargod?

Gah! Well basically without attacking anyone i'll just say it was part of a 3 pack release that went horribly wrong. When i finally got the original back after months of being... i'll just say misinformed... it was about half ruined. Had to chop off and throw away the entire head and make it again along with a few other parts.

Good news is that it will be released once i am done with a couple other things.

#50 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10735 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:32 PM

Thanks guys. Really appreciate the kind words.

Gah! Well basically without attacking anyone i'll just say it was part of a 3 pack release that went horribly wrong. When i finally got the original back after months of being... i'll just say misinformed... it was about half ruined. Had to chop off and throw away the entire head and make it again along with a few other parts.

Good news is that it will be released once i am done with a couple other things.

Yeah. Good. I'm glad you stuck with it.

I had to remake the Archaeopteryx too, so don't feel alone in that.
www.deadbirdtoys.com
Any social media: @bad_luck_jimmy

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com