arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 15 February 2003 - 08:12 PM

Hi
I'm new, just signed up today, I also signed your petition :D
anywho I just saw the ultimate muscle show for the first time today because I was waiting for the new tmnt toon.

I would like to see more episodes, does anyone know where I could get them...?

Great to have you here! Welcome to the board. There are a lot of cool people here that know a lot of good info and are always willing to help one another out. :D

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#27 MuscleMan2003

MuscleMan2003

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 March 2003 - 12:50 PM

Hmmmmm.... This is a hard one. Japanese subtitled version or 4Kids doing the voices. I don't know what to think. Oh well the subtitled DVDs are probaly pretty expensive. Better sign the petition!
;)

#28 mimoman

mimoman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 09 March 2003 - 01:59 PM

I signed and you guys are at 210. Good luck!

-mimoman :(

#29 Mayumi

Mayumi

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 01:36 PM

Happy to have signed and I hope it might have some influence

#30 Mystery Mask

Mystery Mask

Captain Americat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 07:53 PM

I definitally think they should release G1. I've read all the mangas on Toriyama's World but I really want to see what the show was like. Plus maybe that will make Bandai release more Legends. Yahhh! ^_^
Posted Image
Just when you think it's safe to go back on the internet...

!!!DRAGON BALL CENTRAL!!!

Now with UM Series 1-5, 8 of 10 CCG Sculpts, and 6.5" Figures!

#31 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 09:20 PM

already signed it, wouldnt mind seeing the old shows over here.

Posted Image

#32 Knuxman

Knuxman

Reject False Icons

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1293 posts

Posted 17 March 2003 - 09:36 AM

signed about 3 weeks ago and forgot to post. :wacko:
"So it goes."
~Vonnegut

#33 AmoiMan

AmoiMan

Garlic Energized

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1614 posts

Posted 26 March 2003 - 10:56 AM

word...i signed at 119.....we've doubled since then....now at 240
Posted Image

#34 Drtooth

Drtooth

germaphobe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 26 March 2003 - 11:26 AM

You know, I have signed so many "get this on DVD" petitions (this, Fraggle Rock, something else, the TMNT one Leonardo started, etc)... I just hope companies wise up and actually make these things...
Posted Image

#35 phillymadison

phillymadison

phillymadison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1044 posts

Posted 05 April 2003 - 09:00 PM

Just signed this now

I put this off for to long
The Only True Measure Of Success Of Any Hobby Is How Much You Enjoy Participating in it.
--------------------------------

View What M.U.S.C.L.E.'s I Have For Trade And Sale On muscledb.com CLICK HERE

#36 mimoman

mimoman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 13 April 2003 - 07:58 AM

So how long do these things usually take?

-mimoman ^_^

#37 Raven Man

Raven Man

Backround-Filler Chojin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 21 April 2003 - 08:58 PM

There was a petition on starmen.net to get Mother 3 for N64 finished and released... they didn't reach their goal of about a thousand signatures for three years, but by then, the N64 was long dead. Anywho, I just realized I haven't signed this yet and I'm on my way to do so.

#38 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22187 posts

Posted 24 May 2003 - 01:41 PM

Un pinned.

#39 WarOmnimon

WarOmnimon

King Exkaiser Haro!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 11:16 PM

I'm signature #87. Signed about god knows how long ago and didn't post here.
Current Avatar Harobot King Exkaiser
AKA The Daikaiju Battle Guy

#40 Wraith

Wraith

alive and kickin'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 10:14 AM

johnny can you please pin it again or tell me why its unpinned? we are very close to our 300th signature!
......Posted Image....................................................
Petition to Get Generation 1 to USA
What I'm selling on Ebay

#41 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22187 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 10:16 AM

Because it got stagnant.

#42 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 04:51 PM

Just found this old thread and signed the petition. 1246 signatures now. Maybe a good place to send this would be ADV. They are currently doing a great job on uncut new english dubs of the Gatchaman series from 1972.

#43 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 07:41 PM

As much as I'd love to see it happen, I don't think it ever will. The G1 Kinnikuman anime suffers from the typical average art that many anime from the late 70's and early 80's suffered from. However, Gatchaman was at least broadcast over here so there is a nostaglic demand for those episodes on DVD and a large amount of fans in this country. Kinnikuman doesn't have as many American fans nor does it have the nostalgic factor to help it. Instead, it is an unkown old anime with very average animation. I just don't see it happening.

#44 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 08:01 PM

Yeah I know. Too bad though. Actually I'd rather just get the 1991-1992 series. I had them all on tape about seven years ago and thought they were excellent. I just couldn't understand what they were saying.

#45 YourMomGotaKinnikuBuster

YourMomGotaKinnikuBuster

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 08:24 PM

As much as I'd love to see it happen, I don't think it ever will.  The G1 Kinnikuman anime suffers from the typical average art that many anime from the late 70's and early 80's suffered from.  However, Gatchaman was at least broadcast over here so there is a nostaglic demand for those episodes on DVD and a large amount of fans in this country.  Kinnikuman doesn't have as many American fans nor does it have the nostalgic factor to help it.  Instead, it is an unkown old anime with very average animation.  I just don't see it happening.

I'd have to disagree with that. Alot of us grew up playing with them, albeit them being called M.U.S.C.L.E there is still the nostalgia factor. When you look at it, the re-releasing of Gundam, Captain Harlock and the constant playing of old Dragon Ball episodes shows how well an older show can do. Im sure that it would do pretty well if it were brought over here, if not syndicated at least brought over here on DVD.

Edited by YourMomGotaKinnikuBuster, 12 December 2005 - 08:25 PM.

#46 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 08:54 AM

I'd have to disagree with that. Alot of us grew up playing with them, albeit them being called M.U.S.C.L.E there is still the nostalgia factor. When you look at it, the re-releasing of Gundam, Captain Harlock and the constant playing of old Dragon Ball episodes shows how well an older show can do. Im sure that it would do pretty well if it were brought over here, if not syndicated at least brought over here on DVD.

I totally disagree. Nobody in America grew up with the Kinnikuman anime or manga. Instead, all we got was a short run of MUSCLEs with no storyline at all. MUSCLEs is very minor toyline with a small fanbase. So while there may be some nostalgia factor for small pink rubber figures, there would be little to no nostalgia for the Kinnikuman anime. Even a large portion of MUSCLE collectors on this board have no connection or any interest in the Kinnikuman anime, manga and characters. Dragon Ball and Gundam are both huge franchises with a much larger fanbase across the world.

#47 YourMomGotaKinnikuBuster

YourMomGotaKinnikuBuster

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 06:52 PM

Yeah, I can see what your saying. I guess the demographic for alot of kinnikuman related products is a pretty small over here.

#48 Drtooth

Drtooth

germaphobe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 12:09 PM

But then again, there are a lot of forgettable, generic looking crap in the anime sections, and they all look the bloody same. Kinnikuman would at least stick out.

it's such a shame, all these current popular manga artists have all these Kinnikuman refferences in their books. they all grew up on it, and we never saw any of it because of a-holes at ACT and stuff whining about it being too violent. I don't think it will be a raging success over here, but I mean, I can't even name the stuff I've never heard of.
Posted Image

#49 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Video Games, Drawing comics, Toy collecting, Cartoons, TV shows and movies that would make me laugh for sake of nostalgia, so on ....

Posted 14 December 2005 - 02:43 PM

I've also read somewhere that Kinnikuman is the 4th best selling Jump manga in Japan (One Piece is the top, and I think Dragonball and Naruto are in between) but that could've been a year or so and should say something. Even the fact that there are toys of the series being made today when its finished in 86.
But then again, people in the US will either like it or not, depending on how its handled by whoevers licensed it.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com