• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#26 jorudenu

jorudenu

Master of Oversoul

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Interests:Kinnikuman, skiing, Shaman King, Anime in general(im a junky), hockey, girls,Smackdown(i think the best are ultimo dragon, John Cena, and Rae mysterio[i think i spelled it wrong]), Raw, Velocity, TV, Movies, Games, MXC, MANGA^_-,music, lego(i like bionicle [i knw its childish, but i cant help it]), and snowboarding.

Posted 15 May 2004 - 06:25 AM

Come on:

-Power levels
-Sagas layout.
-"I am a prince from a planet whose warriors are the strongest in the universe"
-Enhanced "states". Come on, Kaio-ken is the same thing than the Fire Spirit.

...DBZ has never copied anything....

If anything Kinnikuman copied DBZ! Even though they're both almost completely irrelevant in almost every way... Besides.. I don't believe there was any Maelstrom in Kinnikuman(1st). The power level system is very commonly used. And what are you smokin?! "Warriors"... Since when did suguru or mantaro have they're own "warriors". And you must be some effed up if you think kaio-ken has anything to do with "ultimate muscle".

#27 Protoman

Protoman

Transformers Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Interests:Transformers, Kinnikuman, 80s/90s toys, video games

Posted 15 May 2004 - 08:16 AM

Even thought the Maelstrom Power looks cool it sadly will not have any use to help Kevin Mask win (sadly)

On the topic of DBZ (well Dragon Ball actually). Dragonball (like most mangas during the 80s) either took stuff or make parody of other comics (Japanese or North America). Akira Toriyama himself in the "Big Book of Dragonball Art book" said in a interview that the concept of the saiyens came from a variation of the Superman story (Child leaves dying planet, you know the story), and also like Kinnikuman, it also shared it's handful of cameos by characters fiction or real. The power level issue is something that a lot of mangas and anime have, but to be fair Kinnikuman was using the power level concept before Dragonball Z used it in 1989.

#28 Kin

Kin

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 01:40 PM

If anything Kinnikuman copied DBZ! Even though they're both almost completely irrelevant in almost every way... Besides.. I don't believe there was any Maelstrom in Kinnikuman(1st). The power level system is very commonly used. And what are you smokin?! "Warriors"... Since when did suguru or mantaro have they're own "warriors". And you must be some effed up if you think kaio-ken has anything to do with "ultimate muscle".

Well, if anything, you should visit http://www.kinnikuman.jp. Yes, you are reading it right, it says 25th ANNIVERSARY.

Then, you should take a look at this:

Posted Image

Who is that guy in the left? :woot: Probably you are asking yourself: What is he doing in Toriyama´s first big shot manga? (Dr. Slump). Toriyama is/was a fan of Kinnikuman? How big was the manga back then? (1979-1980).

I know there are older fighting shonens, like Kurenai Sanshiro, Tiger Mask (one of the main inspirations), the Ultra Family (the other inspiration), A s h i t a No Joe and Kick no Oni, but none of them had a galactic/chojin/superhero/wrestling/tournament/good vs evil (seigi vs akuma) setting.

Of course Suguru and Mantaro are warriors, literally. Blame the UM dub if you never heard that. And about the Kaio-Ken example, i cited it because it works in the very same way that Suguru´s Fire Spirit.

Even when I havent watched Kinnikuman Nisei that far (you know, the japanese version is behind the american), storywise, nothing can defeat the Kinniku family Fire Spirit in a power match, but there are abilities that can nullify the effect...

You guys should have this series in higher shrine. After all, this is a Kinnikuman forum, right?

#29 jorudenu

jorudenu

Master of Oversoul

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Interests:Kinnikuman, skiing, Shaman King, Anime in general(im a junky), hockey, girls,Smackdown(i think the best are ultimo dragon, John Cena, and Rae mysterio[i think i spelled it wrong]), Raw, Velocity, TV, Movies, Games, MXC, MANGA^_-,music, lego(i like bionicle [i knw its childish, but i cant help it]), and snowboarding.

Posted 16 May 2004 - 07:08 AM

Well... I will always prefer kinnikuman over DBZ anyway...

(you know too much...)

#30 LEE2K4

LEE2K4

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 06:31 AM

(you know too much...)

:notme: my thoughts exactly theyre both good shows but ide never have even thought of comparin the two untill now

#31 Kevin Mask555

Kevin Mask555

Teh #1 Kevin Mask Fan!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:Kevin Mask<br>Video Games<br>Anime<br>Manga<br>Soda<br>Comics<br>Stuff

Posted 17 May 2004 - 10:53 AM

Maelstrom power! It puts ultimate muscle to shame. :notme:
Posted Image
I AM THE ULTIMATE KEVIN MASK FAN!

#32 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Video Games, Drawing comics, Toy collecting, Cartoons, TV shows and movies that would make me laugh for sake of nostalgia, so on ....

Posted 19 May 2004 - 09:39 AM

If maelstrom power is a loner's powers, then count me in!!!!

#33 LEE2K4

LEE2K4

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 02:33 PM

same here :p

#34 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Video Games, Drawing comics, Toy collecting, Cartoons, TV shows and movies that would make me laugh for sake of nostalgia, so on ....

Posted 20 May 2004 - 01:16 PM

same here :lol:

Right on! Not everybody is a peoples person (or something) like Kevin or all loners! :cry:

#35 jorudenu

jorudenu

Master of Oversoul

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 05:01 PM

HA!

Now even Kevin is disbaning the loners! He has feelings for others! Soon he will be one of us... The people with friends! What will you do when you've lost your precious Kevin Mask! Who I ask, WHO?! B)

#36 LEE2K4

LEE2K4

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 07:51 PM

HA!

Now even Kevin is disbaning the loners! He has feelings for others! Soon he will be one of us... The people with friends! What will you do when you've lost your precious Kevin Mask! Who I ask, WHO?! B)

lol just coz he's getting friends doesnt mean he cant have that cool dark mysterious side i still say he's the best character an has the best power :o

#37 jorudenu

jorudenu

Master of Oversoul

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 22 May 2004 - 05:48 AM

<
<
<
<
<
<

That is the best char ever to grace UM! HORO HORO!

#38 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 22 May 2004 - 12:27 PM

Not sure if same applys to manga (he won and didn't see the light on friendship)

#39 jorudenu

jorudenu

Master of Oversoul

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 22 May 2004 - 01:17 PM

... How'd he win in the manga?! Was there no MG move... and it ended with the BBB!

#40 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 22 May 2004 - 03:45 PM

... How'd he win in the manga?! Was there no MG move... and it ended with the BBB!

I think it's the move both Robin and Warsman needed to master to beat Kinnikuman ... OLAP!!! Plus he desrevered to restore the mask name, and Mantaro needed to lose at least once! Also Kevin Mask become no.1 in my cools list during his fight against Mantaro.

#41 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 22 May 2004 - 03:50 PM

Also Kevin Mask become no.1 in my cools list during his fight against Mantaro.

Actually that's for Kin Nisei. The coolest in my list would be KINNIKUMAN!!!! :unsure: :D :D

The only true friendship Kevin had, which is pointed out in Demon Seed saga, is with Scar Face/Mallice(Mars or whatever. I'll just call him Scar), mind you.

Attached Files

Edited by Frobman, 22 May 2004 - 04:08 PM.

#42 LEE2K4

LEE2K4

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 09:22 AM

kevin should have got him in the BBB right after he dislocated kids arms with OLAP.

#43 jorudenu

jorudenu

Master of Oversoul

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 05:28 PM

Yeah!... but that's one charismatic charicteristic loners never learn... spontaneunuity, and oppurtunnitism!

(did i sound like mac metaphor?)

#44 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 10:12 PM

Yeah!... but that's one charismatic charicteristic loners never learn... spontaneunuity, and oppurtunnitism!

I duuno!

#45 LEE2K4

LEE2K4

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 12:43 PM

why would u sound like him? ^_^

#46 nemo 80

nemo 80

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests: Books, science, scifi, anime, manga, poltics

Posted 28 May 2004 - 05:47 PM

I like that UM is explained where Maelstorm or however you spell it is not.

Kid's power is genetic. unlike humans who can become chojins only throught riggorous training(jager), magical endowment(Dazeling), or cyber enhancement (Turbinski), the people of muscle planet are all chojin, and the kinniku family are royals probly the resualt of many generations of arranged marriges between the strongest men and women the planet had to offer. Whenever he needs extra power as long as he doesn't panic or lose confidence he can draw power from with in. the power of Ultimate Muscle dosn't come from friendship it is rooted in the fleash and blood of the kinniku family. Rather is the courage needed to draw it out that comes from his friends without their support he would still have all the power but would be to scared to use it.
Kevin's maeltrom power came out of nowhere most likely the writers needed some why to explain how kevin whose chojin power is around 990 could hope to beat kid.
don't forget kevin suggled againest jagg-ed while kid beat the baron who was probly stronger then all his minions combine.

Important note as one use it one becomes able to draw out ever increasing amounts of power. My theory on the kids glow is that his desperation allowed him to draw on more power then his body could support so instead of bulking up his body glowed and probly leaked out energy which is why he could only sustain it for brief period latter on he will be able to reach the same level without glowing.

another note in the last match of orginal seires kin faced Kinniku super phenoix who had 10,000,000 chojin power unit, the average is about 900, even with his UM power and his fallen comrades channeling their own chojin energy and support to him, most were dead and had actually tranfered their power to his body, Kin's power maxed out at bout 7,500,000 units so even ultimate muscle has its limits. B)

#47 Ms. KinnikuFan

Ms. KinnikuFan

Oh, who the hell cares?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 06:05 PM

I like that UM is explained where Maelstorm or however you spell it is not.

Kid's power is genetic. unlike humans who can become chojins only throught riggorous training(jager), magical endowment(Dazeling), or cyber enhancement (Turbinski), the people of muscle planet are all chojin, and the kinniku family are royals probly the resualt of many generations of arranged marriges between the strongest men and women the planet had to offer. 7,500,000 units so even ultimate muscle has its limits. :huh:

I think there was a little inbreeding going on in the royal family. In would greatly explain Suguru's and Mantaro's i.q. B)
Aw hell, I can't think of a good signature!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com