- - - - -

Star Wars - E1-E6

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#51 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2002 - 10:26 AM

Yes, Plo Koon and Ki-Adi Mundi should have been included.

#52 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 14 November 2002 - 04:10 PM

what i dont get is how they are gouing to cram anakin turning to the darkside and becoming vader in one movie. i mean the film wont start with him bad, but it will have to turn at some point and then fight with obi wan and then become vader. hows it possible. please help im worried.
"FRUIT OOZE IS WETLY LEWD SO
STAY DRY IN RUBBER BOOTS AND.."

#53 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 14 November 2002 - 06:41 PM

Well, in Episode II there were plenty of signs that he was already turning bad:

1) The most obvious thing is that Anakin is vengeful that his mother died.
2) He's reckless (in the fight vs. Dooku and in other scenes).
3) Anakin thinks he's more powerful than all the Jedi, including Obi-Wan and Yoda.
4) He's passionate about Padme.
5) Palpatine already has his meat-hooks in Anakin ("You don't need guidance, Anakin. I foresee you becoming the greatest of all the Jedi.").
6) Anakin is tired of the impotent democracy (as said in the field scene with Padme).

So I think it's very possible that it will work out well. Whether or not George actually pulls it off effectively is a completely separate question.

-Nathan

#54 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 15 November 2002 - 07:47 AM

do you think that anakin gets his head cut off and transplanted onto a cyborg body that he controls with the force? i think it would be kewl but then the kids might freak.
"FRUIT OOZE IS WETLY LEWD SO
STAY DRY IN RUBBER BOOTS AND.."

#55 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 15 November 2002 - 08:13 AM

According to the Return of the Jedi novellization, Obi-Wan in his ghost form on Dagobah explains to Luke what happened to Anakin. He says that he and Anakin fought over a lava field, and Anakin fell into the lava. Anakin was presumed dead, but actually survived the tragedy. He was horribly scarred, however, and required a mechanical suit (as well as the Dark Side) to support his life.

Generally, the novellizations are considered pretty good canon in the Star Wars universe, but even they can be changed on a whim by George. George always said that the only real canon is the movies.

-Nathan

#56 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2002 - 09:51 AM

Tortle you keep stealing all of my answers! :D

#57 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22221 posts

Posted 15 November 2002 - 09:54 AM

Tortle you keep stealing all of my answers! :D

He's got those special "Teenage Mutant Ninja Tortle" mind reading capabilities!

#58 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2002 - 09:56 AM

He knew you'd say that.

#59 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
  • Interests:Sega Master System and Segas other Consoles and games., Legos
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 15 November 2002 - 10:31 AM

how about the foreshadowing of obi-won when he tells anikan your going to be the death of me.
"I've always believed that a lot of the trouble in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other." Ronald Regan - April 11, 1984

#60 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22221 posts

Posted 15 November 2002 - 11:07 AM

Good point, but Obi wan didn't actually die. He became "one" with the force and dissapeared.

#61 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 15 November 2002 - 11:38 AM

Tortle you keep stealing all of my answers! B)

Ha, ha! Ya gotta be quick on the draw with the Star Wars trivia around me, man!

By the way, have you played Star Wars Trivial Pursuit? One time I played, I got through the entire game on one turn, got all the little wedges... but missed the very last question in the middle. The question was, "Who played the Chief Jawa?" How the hell can I know that?! It's "Jack Purvis", by the way. I'll never forget that name after that game...

Going through Star Wars Trivial Pursuit on one turn isn't exactly something to be proud of, though... :D

-Nathan

#62 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2002 - 12:42 PM

First, good point jkaris! But the line is a wink at the future.

Tortle, I have played the game but we did it a little differently. My buddy in college was a Star Wars nut too. So this one time we are sitting around waiting for this party to start and someone spills the game cards. Well as we are picking them up he and I are like, “Dude I knew this whole card.” Finally we realized it was better to mention when we didn’t know an answer. Anyway we sat there for quite awhile trying to stump each other. When we finally finished showing off our “skills” we had gather 5 or 6 people who were amazed. Actually I think it was a mix of sadness and amazement.

And the Obi/Ani fight will be around lava. In fact a crew was sent to film that most recent volcano activity (I can’t remember where it was or what it was called). People think it was either for modeling for the CGI or actually background type footage. Obviously no actors were there.

#63 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2002 - 08:43 AM

Ok everybody, my dorkness has hit a new level.

Remember that picture I posted here. Well I sent the same concept drawing to theforce.net (a Star Wars website), and they put it up. It is a picture of Obi-Wan and Anakin’s lightsaber dual. I know there are some pretty crappy drawings up there too, but I’m just happy to have something of mine on a Star Wars website.

Here is the link to the gallery (top right picture)…
http://cgi.theforce....quels/Episode_3

Here is the direct link to the picture…
http://cgi.theforce....02.jpg&img=&tt=

#64 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22221 posts

Posted 21 November 2002 - 08:50 AM

Sweet! Congratulations!!!

#65 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2002 - 08:57 AM

Thanks. I shouldn’t be this excited but I am. :angry:

#66 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2002 - 02:02 PM

Just a little Star Wars update.

Hayden Christanson (sp?) has been working out a ton, supposedly. The rumor is that he needs to be big enough for “the suit” and his character is supposed to be more imposing.

I wonder what will happen with his character?
:o

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com