952 replies to this topic

#876 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 08:12 AM

Must be starting the Christmas push because my Target had the new 2 packs IF/PM and SM/CB and the latest wave in stock today. I picked up everything but that Tony Stark head Iron Man, if he had hair I might have picked him up too. Thoughts in the next couple of days as I have time to open and play with them.

#877 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 18 October 2011 - 10:26 AM

I didn't see the new 2packs, but I did find the new wave thanks to a tip from ericso. All but Iceman. So 4 out of 5 ain't bad. :p Also I think I got my Guardians in the mail today, but havn't actually opened the box to find out. :D

I was actually hopeing for the stone Absorbing Man first. MU was on sale at my Target for $6.99 each.

Posted Image

#878 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 22 October 2011 - 06:51 PM

So what were your thoughts Jay?

My Guardians pack was fun. Starlord is a great figure, and all though I'm not all too thrilled with Rocket Raccoon, I'm happy to have a figure of the guy. He has a ball neck and tail, so not all is lost. I'd have been pleased to see a rocket pack on him, or arm articulation. Drax is an okay figure. I'm not a fan of his modern look, and would really prefer a classic Bulkier look for him. But a new character is a new character and a welcome addition.

Wave 5 for me is meh. I like Wolverine, and he is now in my prime spot in my 616 set. I really do like the new flesh absorbing man, and can't wait for the stone version for sure. Mags is alright, but I'm not a fan of the Ultimate series.

My Tony Stark IM broke. I don't know what the deal is with this figure yet. But all the other reuses of this Iron Man buck have swivel thighs. I thought it was odd that the thighs were stuck on this one. So I broke one loose, and got it to swivel, then I broke the other one loose and the thigh seperated and looked broken at the peg. However there were cracking noises as I was adding pressure to both joints, and it turned out to be glue. So either I got the one poorly molded figure that somebody just glued back together at the factory. Or there is a running mold issue with this buck, and they are now gluing the thighs in place. I'll have to wait to find a replacement in order to figure it out.

Hopefully Wal-Mart starts getting these in shortly and maybe they will have Iceman and the Stone Ab-man while they are at it. So far only seen them at one Target store.

Edited by Universal Ruler Supreme, 22 October 2011 - 06:52 PM.

Posted Image

#879 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 07:56 AM

Well I didn't buy Iron Man due to the cap thing he was wearing, would have been all over a Stark head with hair.
Absorbing Man still hasn't been opened but looks improved over the version we have, don't know about the darker wash I have on both him and Wolverine.

Speaking of Wolverine a long overdue figure, wish I could have found the origins two pack so I could have been messing with this guy for years now. Is awesome that the Wolverine that is in just about every trade Marvel put out in the last five years is finally able to go on my shelf. Iceman I think is a sweet figure the top of an honestly not very good pile of the other two Bobby Drake figures. Your mileage may vary I'm a sucker for translucent plastic.

Magneto, the A.I.M. belt just looks weird and I'd love to know what the strategy behind the Ultimates subsection of Marvel Universe. I don't mind them getting figures now and again it's just the list we have is strange. Is anybody else a little taken aback we don't have Ultimate Wolverine yet? Also all the Magneto had terrible face paint apps.

Overall I don't have a lot to say about this wave that hasn't been complained about already, with number one being the lack of new characters. Even with the two packs that just came out our Universe is expanded by zero characters. The plus side is I really do Wolverine and translucent plastic and I didn't have to waste a lot of money, gas, and time trying to hunt it down.

#880 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 12:55 PM

I didn't care much for the Origins 2 pack wolverine. He tends to look down all the time. But I have grown quite pleased with alot of the most modern costumes out there.

It's strange. Back in the Toybiz days, I had 1 Wolverine and that was enough. Other than the Standard Yellow/Blue suit of the time with spring loaded claws I didn't care for any of the other releases. But with MU I've noticed that despite having a ton of Wolverines between MU and the origins line, I really like most of em. I havn't gotten sick of wolvy as much as I have of IM, SM, Cap, or even Thor. I've even been tempted to seperate all my wolvies into their own little shelf section. :)

Also it's been only 3 years worth of figs, and I'm already out of shelf space. I'm going to have to completely reorganize my Marvel cabinet soon.

As for lack of new characters. I wish instead of a couple lame exclusive repaints of old characters that Hasbro would do a 10 figure boxset every year of low tier characters. Simple repaints and very little tooling involved for tons of classic skin tight suited characters.

Posted Image

#881 cassel87

cassel87

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 03:47 PM

geeze... u guys are lucky. i check walmart about 4 days a week on my lunch break and they still have the same three figures hanging there for the past month. lame. how do u guys keep finding the new waves so quick?
if my turtles ate my toys, id have to eat my turtles

#882 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1464 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 06:19 PM

geeze... u guys are lucky. i check walmart about 4 days a week on my lunch break and they still have the same three figures hanging there for the past month. lame. how do u guys keep finding the new waves so quick?

It depends a lot on where you are in the country. I'm in Western NY and we are always a wave behind. 2 waves have skipped us entirely which is strange considering I would think all the major retailers (Target, TRU, Walmart, KMart, etc) wouls all order independently but they all get the waves at the same time here. Still no sign of the newest wave here.
-Barry

#883 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 07:51 AM

Well, I pay attention to other forum sightings. There seems to be a set pattern for release at some stores, then other stores will stock them at the same time. Like Target, usually when one person finds them at Target, 9 times out of 10 most other Target stores have just stocked them as well.

Wal-Mart has some kind of stock em as they come rule I think, cause they tend to start in CA or Texas, then they will start flowing into other states. When the first major wal-mart sightings start I tend to wait a week or two, then start checking my stores a few times a week, and usually I find them. I don't even go to K-Mart anymore. And Toy'R'Us just sucks at stocking new stuff at my store.

But I have a set route I check that entails up to 4 Wal-Marts, 2 Targets, and a TRU store. So it's not like I just check the same 1 or 2 stores over and over again.

Posted Image

#884 cassel87

cassel87

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 02:45 PM

i think nj must be last in line when the action figures are passed out. with the vintage star wars line also. i doubt i'll see the new marvel line for a while. i havent even seen the wave before that yet. still searching through sons of hulks and scarlet spider mans. i did find a captain britain 2 pack and a guardians of the galaxy 3 pack which is awesome. i have an extra nycc hulk also.
if my turtles ate my toys, id have to eat my turtles

#885 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:21 PM

I'm pretty sure I'm just lucky to live in Boise, I have the advantage of enough of a number of major retailers and few other collectors to compete with. Also fewer collectors equal few scalpers which probably really helps. Also if your checking the one Wal Mart it could just suck. The WM closest to my work is terrible and if I had to depend on that one I'd be ordering all my MU online. Like URS I have a core route of a Wal Mart, Target, and Toys R Us and if those don't pan out a secondary route of another Target and a handful of Wal Marts along with some small big box retailers that sometimes have good stuff.

cassel87 I'm always down to trade/help a LRG homie out if there is somebody you really want.

#886 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 05:26 PM

I have a ton of competition in my area. Scalpers seem to have slowed down. Hasbro's repack method with the line seems to keep collectors a little more patient these days. Aside from some minor variants, I've had little difficulty finding everything when they hit shelves, but they still don't last long.

Posted Image

#887 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 12:32 PM

I forgots to mention I got my Compound Hulk in the other day. Nothing too special, but I really like him. I do wish they had opted to use the newer Hulk body planned for next year, but I'm fine with them pulling a little more mileage out of this old buck.

Posted Image

#888 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 02:25 PM

Compound Hulk is the best type of exclusive, he won't leave a big hole in the collection of people who don't/can't get him but looks cool enough for those lucky enough to have one.

I picked up a spare wave 16 Iceman if anybody needs one. Hit me up on pm.

#889 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:54 PM

I found Icey and a new Stark the other day. :( I was right about my last one. It was glued because of some defect on my particular figure. My second ones thighs moved just fine. Weird how I keep getting defects. Fortunately I only seem to get like 1 a year or so, and out of like 150 figures 4 or 5 damaged figs ain't bad.

Posted Image

#890 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 10:12 PM

Found Future Foundation set at Wally World Saturday! Looks pretty snazzy Me Thinks! :p Can't wait for the FF Spidey next year. Hopefully they will get us all the kids and a DragonMan pretty soon.

And have any of you seen who the new Venom is! He looks hella awesome, and I want a figure of him now! Havn't read any of his stories yet though. But in the looks department he is topps....Now that I think of it he looks like a Grendel ripoff.

Posted Image

#891 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 04:31 PM

Dragon Man +1

How many kids are in the Future Foundation, is there enough to justify making sculpts. I would love a Power Pack boxed set, Archie, Leech, and Franklin.

#892 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 05:41 PM

Well, there are enough to make another boxset out of the just the kids if they wanted. :)

Justifiable sculpts maybe half of em. I can see them making the richards kids, but I'm not sure they would get to the moloid kids.

http://marvel.wikia....ture_Foundation

Posted Image

#893 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 05:53 PM

Well, there are enough to make another boxset out of the just the kids if they wanted. :)

Justifiable sculpts maybe half of em. I can see them making the richards kids, but I'm not sure they would get to the moloid kids.

http://marvel.wikia.com/Future_Foundation

In order to justify making Franklin and Valerie though they'd want to get more out of those sculpts, or at least I would.
The more I think of it I really want a Leech.

#894 pallidmask

pallidmask

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:55 PM

I recently took advantage of $25% off/free shipping sale at HTS and grabbed the Guardians of the Galaxy set for cheap. I'm holding off on opening it up until I hang a few new shelves and reorganize my superhero collection, but in hand they look pretty good. I love Starlord, Rocket is cool (despite the limited articulation) and I love the little Groot, but Drax is maybe the only shortcoming for me. He looks okay, just a little skinny. I think he deserves a more buff body than the one he got.

I also grabbed probably my most anticipated MU figure the other day, Darkhawk. (Don't laugh. I was a product of the 90's; I'll always have a soft spot for Darkhawk, Sleepwalker and the New Warriors.) Once I got him in hand, I was a bit disappointed. He looks cool, but the quality kills it for me. Paint apps were fine, but his leg fell off right off the bat(same as my first-ever MU figure, Iron Fist...sigh). I don't think I like the wings, either...it's an interesting idea, but unless you're displaying him with his arms spread out, they kind of get in the way. I also can't keep the stupid things plugged into his arms. I don't want to glue them because of the aforementioned reasons, but it's driving me nuts that I can't even pick him up without parts falling off. My plan for using him in a c-list superhero team dio-story with Booster Gold and Blue Beetle seem unlikely now.

#895 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10729 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:42 AM

Hey! Sleepwalker was sweet! If they make a MU figure of him, it'll be on my shelf!
www.deadbirdtoys.com
Any social media: @bad_luck_jimmy

#896 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:11 AM

Yeah, I'd love a sleepwalker myself. Sometimes it doesn't make much sense why characters get shelved for so long. I think it's long over due for some Sleepwalker revival of some sort.

Posted Image

#897 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10729 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:19 AM

Robert Kirkman pitched a Sleepwalker series to Marvel, and they nixed it. I still have some of my old Sleepwalker comics, and they hold up!
www.deadbirdtoys.com
Any social media: @bad_luck_jimmy

#898 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:55 AM

They must not have been a big a fan of the "League of Losers" Marvel Team-Up storyline. I loved it.

#899 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:25 PM

The DD/Bullseye and Quick/Wonder comic packs were up on HTS and as soon as I placed my order, the Q/W pack went out of stock! :lol: That was pretty close. Only ordered em cause of the coupon code "fsfam11" Free shipping and 25% off! :woot: Got both packs for like 22 bucks and some change shipped! ;)

http://www.hasbrotoy...=726&ST=SO&PG=1

Posted Image

#900 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22194 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 05:56 PM

Got me the new Captain America (S.H.I.E.L.D.) costume last night at Wal-Mart. Pretty awesome. First time I had seen it.

He is in this assortment:

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com