#76 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 08:20 AM

hey, i picked up series 6 and 8 and got silvers in both packs. quite impressive

Do you have any pictures that you can post? I'd be interested in seeing those if you do. :lol:

e+
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#77 Somnus

Somnus

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 04:44 AM

i bought series 5 and 7 and uploaded pictures ( http://groups.msn.co...le/shoebox.msnw ) of them. we get another checkmate in horse form too, a neat one at that. i only got one silver variant out of the whole deal, oh well. and no, i havnt seen any of the new 6.5" ones, my store doesnt carry them, i will try to check target or k-mart later on this week and see if i can find any. i just hope they colored the joints this time...

#78 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22194 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 08:07 AM

That neptune man is kewl.

#79 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 08:13 AM

well the Meijers here (indiana) has the new 5-8 figures. I was only able to get 3 packs, but i plan on getting the last one tonight.

My sister ended up getting 2 silvers (Mars/escara, some guy with a wierd hat). I was only able to get one, some guy that wore a skull mask or something (hes one of the painted guys).

Posted Image

#80 max powerz

max powerz

*squish squish* ^_^

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 08:39 AM

I am going to go see if they have it in rochester. I hope they do but now i have to debate what to get. The painted Kevin mask pack(assuming they have the toys) and another or one or two of the 6.5ers. If i do get i will put up pics. If they dont have any ill be sad and have to be sad by myself because my girlfriend has work on the weekend so i cant recieve the comfort of not having the opurtunity to beat up some new intergalactic buttocks.
I Sell some ultimate muscle and m.u.sc.l.e stuff, email/pm me for details
#012 king muscle (green foil lettering)
#013 terryman (green foil letterings)
#020 ramenman (blue foil letterings)
#045 kinikudriver (red and green foil letterings)
Series 2 CCG cards All and All Series 2 figures
Starcom Needs: ALL. Doubles, tripples, etc... Any condition welcome.

#81 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 08:42 AM

Hm... I guess this means that no CCG sculpt is exclusive to the CCG packs. :woot:

I'm really looking forward to getting that flesh colored Curry Cook. Cool stuff!

Why wasn't Sunshine molded in yellow plastic, though? That doesn't make much sense... :p

-Nathan

#82 Mystery Mask

Mystery Mask

Captain Americat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 11:29 AM

I can't wait to get DMP Kevin Mask and the colored Eskara. The idea of not getting all those CCG's to get Brocken Jr. also makes me happy but it's cheap to use the same sculpts as rare assorted figures. But I still need most of series one and I have no money so I'm glad they're not out in Florida yet. OUT OF MONEY!!!!! :D
Posted Image
Just when you think it's safe to go back on the internet...

!!!DRAGON BALL CENTRAL!!!

Now with UM Series 1-5, 8 of 10 CCG Sculpts, and 6.5" Figures!

#83 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10729 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 12:06 PM

yeah... i was super happy/super pissed to see the fleshie brocken jr...
i was happy for the obvious reason... but mad, 'cause i blew through all of those card packs. :D

the hanzo figures look sweet. i am eagerly anticipating his arrival in the cartoon...
series 9-12 should be good too... hopefully there won't be too much more of mantaro to put out there.

as for the kinkishi re-release figures...
i stand my ground...
i don't think they'd spend the time putting them in the commercial, setting them up, and such, if they didn't plan on releasing them somehow...
maybe as a gamecube game promotion... i don't know. but i expect them.
;)
www.deadbirdtoys.com
Any social media: @bad_luck_jimmy

#84 Kinnikux

Kinnikux

Devil Ashuraman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 12:16 PM

Hey I was looking at all the figs in the new series (there are some awesome sculpts!!!) and didn't see a dead signal. I figured he would be in this set because he was in 2 whole episodes unlike some of the other figures (the adams) who all only have about 5 sec clips at a time. Other then all the montaro figs im glad to get a bunch of the ccgs as fleshies. Im pretty happy with this new set though, well very happy! I wonder why they only make 2 blue figs in each set. Last time it was tel tel boy and max man, and this time all I have seen is bonecold.

#85 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10729 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 12:23 PM

dead signal is in therein one of the packs... i can't remember which one, but he's a little yellow dude.
i like them in blue, better than i like them in yellow. blue makes the detailing stand out more... the yellow ones, in bright light, hurt to look at.
www.deadbirdtoys.com

#86 max powerz

max powerz

*squish squish* ^_^

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 01:06 PM

As soon as i posted i went to the food place where my girlfriend works and i was talking to her while she was making me a sandwich. I brought the food back here and after i ate it i passes out because i didnt sleeep that much. I just woke up. I dont know if i can go today. :( I am going to try though but i got a ton of work due this week and i go back home this friday.
I Sell some ultimate muscle and m.u.sc.l.e stuff, email/pm me for details
#012 king muscle (green foil lettering)
#013 terryman (green foil letterings)
#020 ramenman (blue foil letterings)
#045 kinikudriver (red and green foil letterings)
Series 2 CCG cards All and All Series 2 figures
Starcom Needs: ALL. Doubles, tripples, etc... Any condition welcome.

#87 ApplianceMan

ApplianceMan

Always on Liquify

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 02:45 PM

as for the kinkishi re-release figures... i don't think they'd spend the time putting them in the commercial, setting them up, and such, if they didn't plan on releasing them somehow...

I don't know. I taped all four hours of the FoxBox and they didn't show it. So like most people, I still haven't seen it. Since almost all the other commercials were for FoxBox toys, you'd think they'd show the Ultimate Muscle commercial... if they wanted anyone to see it. My guess is that it's a test commercial for certain areas to see if it increases sales of wave one. I think eventually they'll make a proper commercial for wide release that has figures from the next wave, but it won't be aired till the wave's out. Since we've heard about the next two waves, the poster, the ring and the 40 pack, why would they feature something in the commercial that wasn't announced, which implies it would come out after the Fall products? Then people would be even more confused, not being able to find the advertised figures until next year. It doesn't add up. That's why I think it's a temporary low-budget test ad. Whatever that means.

i like them in blue, better than i like them in yellow. blue makes the detailing stand out more... the yellow ones, in bright light, hurt to look at.

I think the blue and yellow are on opposite ends of the detail spectrum. On the one hand the yellow is too bright, and on the other the blue is too dark. Silver is best for details because of the reflections and shadows it creates, gold being second best and flesh being third because it's neutral. Red isn't very good either, and it makes people angry. I think yellow has the coolest characters, red coming in second place. But all that said, I wouldn't want them to all be silver (maybe all flesh). Various colors is good, especially since flesh, yellow and red (non-posed) are all packed ten per wave. I still don't know what to make of the 40 pack yet. I hope at least the colors in it are in even numbers. It looks like they'll have red, blue, yellow, green, orange, clear, gold and full color. So maybe 5 of each?

#88 QWAAH

QWAAH

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 09:03 PM

Any sightings of 5-8 on the West Coast(Northern California) yet?

I am starting to lose my mind waiting for these to pop up in my town! ^_^
Click!

#89 MIWP

MIWP

Kinnikuman Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 18 March 2003 - 01:45 PM

Im so happy....
I hope the Target in Dearborn MI has them..
I just got back from Utah and am thrilled by this news!

#90 chet zesty

chet zesty

lurking, always lurking...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 18 March 2003 - 05:32 PM

I picked up series 5-8 at the Meijers in Naperville, IL today. If you're in the area, you can find them there. I got two silvers (Jaeger and the samurai guy with the horned mask) in my 4 packs.

#91 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 18 March 2003 - 07:24 PM

I just regot 2 of the second wave packs. So now i got 3 silvers: Samurai guy with the horned mask, Jeager, Eskara.

Posted Image

#92 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10729 posts

Posted 19 March 2003 - 01:30 PM

i like the red figures... although i do agree... the best two colors for showing off detail are silver and flesh. i believe blue is good for some of the figures. i think the checkmate horse should have been blue. the checkmate grand slam in red is awesome.
so far, the only silver guys i got out of the new packs were mars, and hanzo.
but, i'll probably buy a pack a week untill 9-12 come out, so i'm not too worried.
now, i'm just curious as to when the next card wave comes out... :)
www.deadbirdtoys.com

#93 Drtooth

Drtooth

germaphobe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 19 March 2003 - 02:12 PM

Frik..... I haven't seen them yet! I went to Target but this Monday, to no avail... however, I did get a couple o' card packs, I got two guys whom I'll have to look up the names of (what do you WANT from me? I just started lovin' them this year!)

Namul and Apollo.

I have those two, plus Curry Cook (form an eailier purchase) all red.
Posted Image

#94 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 19 March 2003 - 02:22 PM

I got some of the CCG packs last night, here are the characters that i got.

RED
-----------
Kid Muscle
Wally

BLUE
-----------
Some guy with a frilly cape

Posted Image

#95 Drtooth

Drtooth

germaphobe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 07:50 AM

I got some of the CCG packs last night, here are the characters that i got.

RED
-----------
Kid Muscle
Wally

BLUE
-----------
Some guy with a frilly cape

Frilly capre? Does this guy have the Confederate flag on his mask? I think it's Gorgeous Man or something like that....
Posted Image

#96 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 08:41 AM

Frilly capre? Does this guy have the Confederate flag on his mask? I think it's Gorgeous Man or something like that....

Yep...alrigt thanks. I have no idea the names for alot of the characters. I just started watching this show about when the new Turtles came out.

And I can add to the list

RED
---------
Kid Muscle Boxing
Kid Muscle Arms Stretched

Posted Image

#97 Drtooth

Drtooth

germaphobe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 09:34 AM

Yep...alrigt thanks. I have no idea the names for alot of the characters. I just started watching this show about when the new Turtles came out.

Actually, I didn't know the names either... I looked them up on this very site. I didn't get into the show much until this year, when I read the original comic book.....
Posted Image

#98 MIWP

MIWP

Kinnikuman Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 21 March 2003 - 12:10 PM

No luck finding the new Ultimate Muscle toys series 5-8 at the Target in
Dearborn MI. I did buy a 6.5 Kevin Mask from series one for the hell of it.
Ill wait a couple weeks before I go on another search....

#99 ApplianceMan

ApplianceMan

Always on Liquify

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 21 March 2003 - 01:46 PM

I couldn't even find wave 1 in Palm Beach. I don't think they're even out there yet. Which means wave 2 won't be out for another couple of months.

One weird thing I did find was a whole rack of Terry CCG packs at TRU. But at Target, they only had Kid Muscle packs. They were both series 1. What does this mean? (Apart from foil colors.)

#100 QWAAH

QWAAH

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 21 March 2003 - 06:18 PM

I've been to my Local Target every day this week..............still a no show. e+
Click!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com