Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Marvel: handful of heroes in the june preview!

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#76 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 25 August 2009 - 03:59 PM

they haven't popped up here either eric. the last time these jokers were getting fat off of good toys it took a couple of weeks for my area to catch up. patience my friend. all toys come to those who wait.

scum, urs: :KS:

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#77 Blacklaw

Blacklaw

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:Collections, Manga, Videogames, Comics, Toys, DVD, Cartoons, Cinema, Girls

Posted 27 August 2009 - 04:47 AM

There are 120 characters. Anyone has a checklist??? ;)

#78 Airot

Airot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Interests:In no particular order, these are the things I collect;
    Monster in my Pocket (Both original the modern)
    Gamoja
    Fistful of Power
    Monster Connectors
    Gormiti
    Boglins
    Plasma Creatures
    Dinosaurs
    Mighty Max
    HorrorClix

Posted 27 August 2009 - 06:21 AM

Yes, already been posted ;)

There aren't 120 characters, only 40. 40 characters with three colour variants.

Edited by Airot, 27 August 2009 - 06:27 AM.

I'll give you this strawberry if you keep it a secret.

#79 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 28 August 2009 - 08:39 PM

Well, I swung back at that wal-mart today, and bought the last 13 packs they had...and sadly had to leave the 14th, cause someone opened it and stole some figures out. :unsure:

I think I'm missing like 45 figures now, and have plenty extras for trade when you slackers finally get these things in your areas. :) Hopefully they are a big enough hit to warrant their own place on the boards. Someone else bought some of these things, cause about a third of them were gone. I think there are 4 sculpts I don't have any of yet, Hawkeye, Mandarin, Classic IronMan, and Crawling Spidey. Which isn't bad I guess for 16 packs. I had took some pics of the figures from my first 3 packs the other day for my own review, but now I'm tempted to just delete those and take some new ones.

I have all 3 colors of these figures right now.
Nick Fury, Beast, Green Goblin, Dr. Doom, Black Panther, Iron Man Mark I, Sabretooth
Classic Hulk, Abomination, World War Hulk, Dead Pool, Absorbing Man, Red Hulk, Juggernaut, Hulk Buster Iron Man

Really alot of those are my favorite figs too. I only have 1 or 2 colors for the remaining sculpts. So if you stumble upon a good case assortment, about $100 bucks purchase will net you 128 figures, and about 2/3rds of the set. And really taking into account the pretty solid $.50-$1.00 per muscle these days isn't a bad price for a new Little Rubber Guy collection. I only have 2 figures out of all of them so far that won't stand, and they both are NightCrawler. And I have like 5 Nightcrawlers now.

I think I somehow altered some kids future timeline by buying them all! :lol: Now some random child who would have had their daddy purchase them a pack of Handful of Heroes will have never known the joy of owning small mono-colored miniatures himself. :( Oh well! More for me! :woot:

But anywho, these guys are really cool, and interestingly enough the Spider-man sculpts are pretty rad! So far there are only 2 figures I really don't care much for, and those are Green Goblin and Armageddon.

And to confirm that the Hidden figure appears to be random, 6 of the hidden figures I got were also found unhidden in the bubble in other packs. Also one of my Absorbing Mans has part of the Runner still attached, the overflow point I believe.

Hope the second series is out sometime next year.

Edited by Universal Ruler Supreme, 28 August 2009 - 08:41 PM.

Posted Image

#80 DukeOfAwesome

DukeOfAwesome

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 07:23 AM

I don't know about you guys but I am really excited about these! They are just like old Muscles but they are made with Marvel Characters! When do they make a forum for them haha! :lol:

http://www.superhero...hive/004951.php

On an other note... Disney to buy Marvel Entertainment for $4 billion... what do you think about that too? ;)

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/42204

#81 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 31 August 2009 - 07:32 AM

Maybe......

#82 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 07:37 AM

I think The Punisher will soon end, as well as many of Marvel's made-for-adults titles in the Max (or whatever the current equivilent is) line.
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#83 jharrop123

jharrop123

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:m.u.s.c.le,mimp,kenshi,handful of heros, etc

Posted 31 August 2009 - 12:01 PM

these guys rock i only need 4 and i have the whole 1st series. i found mine at walmart they had a bunch toys r us didnt have any

#84 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 31 August 2009 - 04:42 PM

these guys rock i only need 4 and i have the whole 1st series. i found mine at walmart they had a bunch toys r us didnt have any

Only 4 to complete your 40 character set? Or 4 out of all 120 possible colors? :spiteful:

Posted Image

#85 jharrop123

jharrop123

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:m.u.s.c.le,mimp,kenshi,handful of heros, etc

Posted 08 September 2009 - 10:57 AM

Only 4 to complete your 40 character set? Or 4 out of all 120 possible colors? :rolleyes:

only 3 now to have the 40 character set. im looking for these three figures dont care about the color classic hulk, spider man (standing up with out webing), and classic wolverine

#86 graybeard

graybeard

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 07:03 PM

Hey folks....new to the site. Found these little guys and got addicted quick. Fortunately my wife hasn't killed me yet. She even brought me back a few packs from her last business trip. Hoping to do a little trading to get wave one done before wave two can hit.
Gonna use this as a key: Solid=s Translucent=c Glitter-filled=g

My extras:
Deadpool s x 3 c x 2
Colossus s x 1 c x 1
Absorbing Man s x 1
Hawkeye s x 1 g x 2
Thing c x 3
Doc Ock s x 1 c x 1
Gladiator Hulk s x 2
Iron Clad c x 1 g x 3
Abomination g x 2
Nick Fury s x 1
Classic Hulk c x 1 g x 1
Rhino g x 3
Dr. Doom s x 1 g x 2
Hulkbuster Iron Man c x 1 g x 1
Juggernaut s x 1
Sabretooth s x 1 c x 1
Green Goblin c x 1
Red Hulk g x 2
War Machine c x 2
Nightcrawler c x 2
Venom g x 2
Spider-Man (climbing pose) s x 1
Spider-Man (no web armpits) c x 1
Black Panther c x 1
Classic Wolverine c x 1
Astonishing Wolverine c x 3

That's all my extras for now.

Needs are:
Cyclops g
Nick Fury c g
Beast s c
Green Goblin g
Mandarin c
Black Panther s
War Machine s g
Venom c
Nightcrawler s
Iron Man Mark 1 s c
Wolverine c
Classic Hulk s
Abomination c
World War Hulk s c
Colossus c
Angel s g c
Iron Man g
Spider-Man (climbing) c g
Classic Iron Man s c g
Spider-Man (no web armpits) s g
Captain America g
Spider-Man (webpits) s g
Astonishing Wolverine s g
Classic Wolverine s g
Rhino s
Armageddon s c g
Ufoes X-ray s g

Thanks for the look and any help. Any questions about reliability check graybeard1959 on ebay.....only about 250 transactions, but over a long period of time.

#87 graybeard

graybeard

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 07:07 PM

Clever me.........contact at graybeard1259@yahoo.com
I see my spacing went to something unmentionable at post time......sorry

#88 bronchuseven

bronchuseven

pentagonal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:37 AM

hey graybeard, welcome to the board!
There's a trade thread I started in the "got toys" forum; you might consider posting your doubles in that thread too, as I believe they'll be seen by many more eyes in that thread. http://www.littlerub...showtopic=28290 <- click me
There are two of us who have a clear glitter Cyclops waiting for you.. come trade w/ us!

#89 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 08 October 2009 - 05:16 PM

handfuls have popped up on toysrus.com.

#90 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 17 October 2009 - 06:35 PM

after having a few days to play around with these little guys i have some cheers and jeers. first of all, for the most part, the detail is great. and i've already got a small platoon of faves:
greengoblin
dead pool
doctor octopus
classic iron man
hulk buster iron man
juggernaut
rhino
beast
angel
and two that really surprised me when i realized how much i liked them, iron man mark 1 and hawkeye. just something about those two really catches my eye.

the rest are all great too, but those are my faves. as for stinkers:
magneto
venom
nightcrawler
abomination
these are all stinkers for various reasons. abomination mostly because of his stupid galactic heroes pose. stupid hasbro. venom would be fine if they'd tone down my crazy jaw line. i'll never forgive erik larsen for that. damn his eyes. magneto is one of the most uninspired figures i've ever seen. and as the leader of the brotherhood, he deserves a much more powerful representation than that. i feel like i'm going to break the damn thing just looking at it from across the room. holding it i can tell it's sturdy, it doesn't give much when i flex it, but it sure as hell looks like it's weak. i only have him in clear though (twice!) so maybe the solid figure looks better. as for my gripes with night crawler, they begin and end with his tail. i'm sure they did prototype tests with his tail free of his left leg that didn't turn out right, but he still seems odd with his boner foot. i think i would have rather they had it lying flat than "erect" as it is. maybe even missing would be an improvement. then you'd get the whiny fanboys crying like little bee-eye-itches because he didn't have a tail. shut up bee-eye-itches. no one wants to hear you speak. the little bastard doesn't even stand well. stupid tipsy figure.

what's funny is that all of my doubles, except for iron man mark 1, are of the figures i don't like. nightcrawler excluded because i only have one of him.

#91 Reccoom Kaboom

Reccoom Kaboom

I'm back! And I brought my back with me!

• Legends
  • 917 posts
  • Interests:Taking old toys and making them new again.
    Staying motivated artisticly, creatively.
    Keeping my XboX360 addiction under controll.
    Putting my surplus M.U.S.C.L.E.s in trades of other toylines.
    Talking like Tom Waits more often.
    Getting that Y/S N*T tattooed big n' bold accross my back.
    Having my dentist build me some new permanent fangs.

Posted 15 November 2009 - 06:05 AM

We've found HoH at toys r' us in dallas for 6.99. 6 pegs dedicated.
Posted Image

#92 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 16 November 2009 - 08:55 PM

hey, here's a fun fact. well, fun for you, excruciating for me. these work as excellent caltrops. my nephew was playing with these in our tv room. little did i know that sabretooth was waiting for me quietly in the middle of the rug. the rug which is the perfect color allowing him to blend in seamlessly. thus, i slammed my foot down hard on him after tripping over my squirrely nephew. it was almost like my wife had stabbed me in the bottom of the foot with a butcher knife. it was not good. on the bright side, i gave sabretooth the 215 lb press test and he came through unscathed. which is more than i can say for my foot.

#93 SpectreSuperSix5

SpectreSuperSix5

I am not a number. I'm a free man

• Old Guard
  • 2598 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, M.U.S.C.L.E., Xbox 360, firearms, grilling, muscle cars, zombies, and Cartoon Network.

Posted 16 November 2009 - 10:45 PM

I may pick up some of these if I happen upon them in the store, if only to covertly place them on dan's rugs. :p
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast

#94 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 17 November 2009 - 05:14 AM

well, if your ultimate goal is to hobble me, just stick to buying the glitter sabretooths. he's the one best suited for your plan of attack. :p

#95 Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

The Crawling Chaos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 10:09 AM

it was almost like my wife had stabbed me in the bottom of the foot with a butcher knife.

Ouch. I find it interesting that it's specifically like your wife stabbing you. I hope you don't have first hand experience of this :)

#96 phantomeye

phantomeye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 02:39 PM

Hypothetically, I think Rhino would be the worst to slam footie on. With his head jutting forward and horn extruding outward. Aw damn!! That just hurt thinking about it. :wacko:

#97 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 17 November 2009 - 06:33 PM

yeah, rhino would not be pleasant.

i came home from work today to find my rug littered with caltrops again. that little stinker is going to be the death of me.

#98 phantomeye

phantomeye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 03:24 PM

You used the word "caltrop" well.

#99 Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

The Crawling Chaos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 05:54 PM

You're probably fortunate that they never made figures for the Vile Brotherhood. :D
Attached File  Flaming_Carrot__17___Page_4_sm.jpg   572.56K   9 downloads

#100 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 18 November 2009 - 05:59 PM

it was almost like my wife had stabbed me in the bottom of the foot with a butcher knife.

Ouch. I find it interesting that it's specifically like your wife stabbing you. I hope you don't have first hand experience of this :D

why else would i call her knifey wifey. :D

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com