150 replies to this topic

#76 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

Former Resident Song Translator & Self-Proclaimed Freelancer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 12:39 PM

Well, miraculously, I've finished "Japanese Magic", or at least the song part of it and the "serif" or words that The Ninja says and that are in the lyrics. Now I need to have a go at the other "serif" parts of the song. But that can wait. For now, I hear my bed calling me, for a debatably deserved rest.
Former resident song translator, and as a result, probably the distant, insignificant relative of the translation family on this board.

Update (7/1/2012 [7th Jan]) - Years away can calm a mind down quite well. I don't think of myself as some maligned martyr of the site. Rather it's just that I was unfortunately caught by the mudslinging of a rather unpleasant (and unprofessional) translator, who didn't like people taking the spotlight away from him, particularly if they happened to actually be able to properly translate work, as opposed to him. Nevertheless, despite the fact that all my work was my own, I got constantly accused of plagiarism, thanks to this unpleasant individual constantly saying how I stole his work. (When rather, it was going to end up being the other way round.)

I'm a lot more forgiving about the whole ideal, with how I ended up getting treated on this forum, as a result of this incident, but at the same time, I am still not in any mind to come back and join in again, nor will I uplaod any more of my translation work on here. This includes any of my old work, or my newer and much more accurate work. Some may see this as being petty, spiteful or based off an old grudge, and you may be right. However, I thought I'd explain things a little.

#77 Molanphy

Molanphy

Brazilian Choujin nº 2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:Anything that remembers Kinnikuman, and Bo-bobo

Posted 18 July 2009 - 12:44 PM

Well, miraculously, I've finished "Japanese Magic", or at least the song part of it and the "serif" or words that The Ninja says and that are in the lyrics. Now I need to have a go at the other "serif" parts of the song. But that can wait. For now, I hear my bed calling me, for a debatably deserved rest.

Can someone send me the link, on youtube or to download the japonese magic? Thank you for your attetion ^^

#78 Meat's fan

Meat's fan

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • Interests:anime

writing stories

Posted 18 July 2009 - 02:02 PM

Can someone send me the link, on youtube or to download the japonese magic? Thank you for your attetion ^^

Look in here

http://www.littlerub...?showtopic=9307

or here:

http://www.littlerub...d...c=19574&hl=

"Anger and Hatred, they cause lots of problems, yet it's hard to avoid."

#79 Stecase King

Stecase King

Better than the otter

• Legends
  • 778 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 04:27 PM

Sorry for the double post, but I thought I'd better explain myself on something. I'm polishing up some of the Nisei songs (first opening and ending, specifically, to then move onto "Trust Yourself") and am doing "Japanese Magic", as I'm sure someone requested this a while back.

Japanese Magic? Oh. My. God. This one is the worst one to translate. It's full of compound words and phrases, and I need to not only translate them, I've got to do it so it makes sense, and also fits in with the song, as well as explain it in the translator notes. Naturally, this will take a while. The first line of the actual song is the first translation note. That's how bad it is.

I know. Back when we were doing his fight in the manga, Ataru translated the first part of his attack as "Right and Wrong". It didn't really sit right with me, so I made the mistake of trying to look up exactly what the word meant so I could try a name that fit the intent a bit better. My god, that was a nightmare. (After a few hours, I finally figured out that it was adapted from a Chinese word that meant "right and wrong", but the Japanese used it specifically to refer to government loyalty in feudal times. Hence, "Loyalty and Betrayal", although "treason" might have been a bit more accurate...)

If those problematic lines in the song were anywhere near as problematic as that word was, then you have my pity.
Posted Image

#80 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 08:59 PM

If you are looking for Kawaii Kenni's Kinnikuman song translations, they are no longer on LittleRubberGuys forums. Due to what people will doubtless call "drama", or "politics", I have decided I have had enough of being called a thief, and I am sick of it happening every so often when people seem bored. My work is mine, and since people have a hard time understanding that I don't steal the work that I have spent hours on here, I don't think it should be up here any more.

Apologies to those who actually liked or appreciated my translations and didn't take them for granted, but I am sick of being the one to do work, and then get asked things like "Hey, you're a thief, right?" or "I hear you stole Kinnikuman_Muscle's work".

You may find my work still up on YouTube, but I shall not make things easier to access. Not on here.

Edited by Kawaii Kenni, 01 January 2010 - 07:06 AM.

Former resident song translator, and as a result, probably the distant, insignificant relative of the translation family on this board.

Update (7/1/2012 [7th Jan]) - Years away can calm a mind down quite well. I don't think of myself as some maligned martyr of the site. Rather it's just that I was unfortunately caught by the mudslinging of a rather unpleasant (and unprofessional) translator, who didn't like people taking the spotlight away from him, particularly if they happened to actually be able to properly translate work, as opposed to him. Nevertheless, despite the fact that all my work was my own, I got constantly accused of plagiarism, thanks to this unpleasant individual constantly saying how I stole his work. (When rather, it was going to end up being the other way round.)

I'm a lot more forgiving about the whole ideal, with how I ended up getting treated on this forum, as a result of this incident, but at the same time, I am still not in any mind to come back and join in again, nor will I uplaod any more of my translation work on here. This includes any of my old work, or my newer and much more accurate work. Some may see this as being petty, spiteful or based off an old grudge, and you may be right. However, I thought I'd explain things a little.

#81 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 10:34 PM

If you are looking for Kawaii Kenni's Kinnikuman song translations, they are no longer on LittleRubberGuys forums. Due to what people will doubtless call "drama", or "politics", I have decided I have had enough of being called a thief, and I am sick of it happening every so often when people seem bored. My work is mine, and since people have a hard time understanding that I don't steal the work that I have spent hours on here, I don't think it should be up here any more.

Apologies to those who actually liked or appreciated my translations and didn't take them for granted, but I am sick of being the one to do work, and then get asked things like "Hey, you're a thief, right?" or "I hear you stole Kinnikuman_Muscle's work".

You may find my work still up on YouTube, but I shall not make things easier to access. Not on here.

Edited by Kawaii Kenni, 01 January 2010 - 07:07 AM.

#82 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 11:36 PM

Edited by Kawaii Kenni, 01 January 2010 - 07:08 AM.

#83 Meat's fan

Meat's fan

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • Interests:anime

writing stories

Posted 26 July 2009 - 11:34 AM

Thanks a lot for translating Japanese Magic! :D
Thank you!, Thank you! :D :) :lol:

"Anger and Hatred, they cause lots of problems, yet it's hard to avoid."

#84 Molanphy

Molanphy

Brazilian Choujin nº 2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 04:14 PM

I really liked the tranlations for the Nisei Musics

They are really good, as always

#85 berzerker2k5

berzerker2k5

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 06:40 AM

Great translations!! :o

Can you do "Dirty Time"?

#86 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 10:14 PM

Yep. I'm having a look at it now. Thing is, I'm also looking into some Dragonball Z songs, as I just recently got the Chouzenshuu CD set, and really like a few of these songs and so am translating them myself - Again, some of the Anime Lyrics translations are... Not the best, to not be offensive.

However, to make up for a little lag in translations, while I juggle a few things like DBZ translations and YYH translations, and a special super secret project for someone else that they requested from me, as well as other commitments, I will post up some of my unrequested translations that I did in spare time.

#87 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 10:39 PM

Edited by Kawaii Kenni, 01 January 2010 - 07:09 AM.

#88 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 11:14 PM

Edited by Kawaii Kenni, 01 January 2010 - 07:10 AM.

#89 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 07:33 AM

#90 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 09:51 AM

#91 Tubba

Tubba

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 04:31 AM

If you're taking requests, I'd love to see translations of Robin Mask's Rainbow-Colored Knight and Kamehame's Iron Man, as well as Mayumi's Glorious King, or however it translates.

Love your work, by the way.

Edited by Tubba, 23 August 2009 - 04:31 AM.

#92 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 11:37 AM

Things have been a little hectic, here and there, with university preparations and such, and me simply wanting a rest. I've done very basic translations of "Rainbow-Coloured Knight", and "Glorious Great King" had been somewhat done already, a long time ago, out of boredom. It may need some polish though. I'll look into Tetsujin Kamehame soon.

I apologise as well for the "Dirty Time" request. If I can, I'll save that for later, as it has no "serif" to worry about, so save the easy stuff for last.

EDIT: Things are also a little busy, as I've got people also giving me requests up the unmentionable parts on YouTube too. I've become absurdly and wrongly popular, it seems, for requests. And again, quite a few people requesting as soon as I've done one song. So, things are a little busy at the moment. My apologies.

Edited by Kawaii Kenni, 29 August 2009 - 11:39 AM.

#93 Molanphy

Molanphy

Brazilian Choujin nº 2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 05:20 PM

EDIT: Things are also a little busy, as I've got people also giving me requests up the unmentionable parts on YouTube too. I've become absurdly and wrongly popular, it seems, for requests. And again, quite a few people requesting as soon as I've done one song. So, things are a little busy at the moment. My apologies.

Well I can help you posting your videos( translation) in youtube, with that you can do your dedicate your time on the trasnlation and you still have the requests from youtube because I can send you a PM with the request (the number of the people who wants that song EX: Dirty Time : 15 people - Colored Raibonw Chopujin : 16 people) , and of course I will tell them, and i will still put your name in the in the cretid^^

But if you want to keep doing the videos I understand and won't do them ^^

#94 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 09:33 PM

It seems a shame to not do the videos after already doing a couple of them, so I'll continue them. I'll just have to take a while, on here, probably, since the translations themselves are obviously the harder part, and thankfully, everyone on here is slightly more patient when it comes to how long I can take.

#95 shino619

shino619

SteCase King fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 12:51 PM

i wonder if you could translate Mukan no Teiou :)
Posted Image

Love Bomber HARMONY HARMONY oh love

#96 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 10:49 PM

Edited by Kawaii Kenni, 01 January 2010 - 07:11 AM.

#97 Tubba

Tubba

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 08:56 AM

You're not the one to thank us, dude. We're the ones to thank you.

#98 shino619

shino619

SteCase King fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 05:11 PM

... You're very lucky that I had to complete Mukan no Teiou for YouTube, otherwise I would have felt compelled to be very scathing towards you. Please try reading the first few posts above what your request was, instead of just looking at the topic, and jumping straight in with a post, ignoring all the ones before you.

There's your link.

For the rest of you, who have been patiently waiting for your requests, I thank you, as it does take time, with both ways I provide them, be it YouTube or on here. There is the translation process itself, which can take up to a day or two, if I work solidly without break or any indulgence in things I want to do, what with all the research. The text formatting can be quite morale-crushing, having to mark every bold bit font or such, and that can take hours itself, so that's why I'm often late with it (I often just don't want to go through that process). And the YouTube video is admittedly the shortest of three, as I don't need to use the formatting (or rather, I can't), but that can still take hours.

So, I have to implore everyone, at the moment, not to give me any more requests. I shall get them done, and I will have even Mukan no Teiou, the most recent on the boards, uploaded eventually, with all its bells and whistles, like my translator notes. But please note that not only have I got to do things that are petty like "real life" things, such as university preparation and such, but I am also having to juggle about 10 requests already.

Please do not give me any more, until the rest are done. I will tell you when I am ready for more.

For everyone else, patiently waiting for their requested translations to turn up, again, thank-you.

i wasn't asking it NOW, i could have waited for my turn. please don't hurt me ):

thanks for the vid!! i love it :*
Posted Image

Love Bomber HARMONY HARMONY oh love

#99 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 10:12 PM

Edited by Kawaii Kenni, 01 January 2010 - 07:12 AM.

#100 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 11:13 PM

Edited by Kawaii Kenni, 01 January 2010 - 07:13 AM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com