Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

LEE'S TOY REVIEW TO DO COMPLETE BB/LB GUIDE!!!

• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#101 lazzy lizard

lazzy lizard

fiznucking chillin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts
  • Interests:love to collect all sorts of stuff mainly star wars(new & old), motu (new & old), glyos, beastformers, godzilla, and some 80's cartoons and tv show characters. love making customs too!

Posted 07 February 2006 - 07:25 PM

yeah those prices are pretty accurate some of the ones in the guide are a bit off like the monkey fighter for $200 and sky bat for $30. i'm still amazed that there is actually a guide out for battle beasts now all thanx to R.A.D.!!!

=)
AIN'T NO PARTY LIKE A BATTLE BEASTS PARTY CAUSE A BATTLE BEAST PARTY DON'T STOP!!!

VISIT MY CUSTOMS GALLERY>> http://www.littlerub...showtopic=17082

#102 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22187 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 12:23 PM

Got mine today. Looks better than I exected. Great job Lee's!

#103 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 12:54 PM

I boght the 2 issues for our friends in the Netherlands!!! Now we just need EVERYONE and their dog to email Lee's requesting the LB issue!!!

DO IT!!!

TGB

#104 dabbuu

dabbuu

Serious Collector

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 573 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 01:46 PM

great mag and pretty accurate how do I get in contact with the people at lee's? I can show them stuff no one even knows about.

dabbuu
Posted Image

#105 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 08 February 2006 - 02:33 PM

I got the magazine today. It looks great. I definately agree though, they need to do the Laser Beast issue, definatey. I am sure they'd easily be able to put together the guide with the help of just a couple of people from the boards here. The pics though look great.

dabbuu, if you want to get a hold of them concerning Laser Beasts for the guide, they listed the following e-mail to contact:

afn@earth-link.net

Hopefully they can put something together.

Eric

#106 dabbuu

dabbuu

Serious Collector

• 573 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 02:48 PM

Well according t the first page in the mag they seem to be located in Monroe Ct which is like and hour drive from me so it shouldn't be so bad.

dabbuu
Posted Image

#107 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 07:58 PM

Well according t the first page in the mag they seem to be located in Monroe Ct which is like and hour drive from me so it shouldn't be so bad.

dabbuu

I would say, get Ben to contact them, then have them contact you. If you are willing to drive your stuff there for the photo shoot, that would ROCK!!! Dabbuu, I am SURE your collection would be one of the best (in the USA for sure) for them to shoot anyway!!!

"I can show them stuff no one even knows about." So what JUICEY STUFF are you hidin'??? :lol: :lol:

I HOPE you can get them to shoot YOUR collection!!! That would make for a SHWEET LB guide!!!

Good Luck!!!

Ben...you reading this?

TGB

#108 dabbuu

dabbuu

Serious Collector

• 573 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 04:23 AM

Sounds good to me. I just need to get in contact with them then. I sent them an email but I haven't heard back.

dabbuu

Edited by dabbuu, 10 February 2006 - 04:24 AM.

Posted Image

#109 Darth Monkey

Darth Monkey

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 07:49 PM

I will be seeing them at Toy Fair this weekend (yes, I get to cover it). I have been reporting for Lee's since 1997 but this is the first time I will meet the staffers, which is really exciting. Yes, I am reading this very carefully. Believe me, they want to do the LB guide, and if the excitement from this site finds its way to them, it will happen, I have no doubt about it.

#110 Personality #9

Personality #9

Suedehead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1663 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts (I migrated over from the Beastformers boards), the sciences, Baseball (Huge St. Louis Cardinals fan) and of course, women.

Posted 10 February 2006 - 07:52 PM

...Believe me, they want to do the LB guide, and if the excitement from this site finds its way to them, it will happen, I have no doubt about it.

I will be sure to send them an email and/or letter as soon as I can find a copy of the mag.

I wanna see it sooooo bad but none of the store in my area have the current issue yet. :lol:
Formally known as Artimus Prime

#111 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 10 February 2006 - 07:58 PM

...Believe me, they want to do the LB guide, and if the excitement from this site finds its way to them, it will happen, I have no doubt about it.

I will be sure to send them an email and/or letter as soon as I can find a copy of the mag.

I wanna see it sooooo bad but none of the store in my area have the current issue yet. :lol:

Hey, Arthur I am going to Borders tomorrow maybe, I will check and see if they have it yet. If they do I can pick u up one.

LMK buddy,
WhiteLeo

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#112 Personality #9

Personality #9

Suedehead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1663 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts (I migrated over from the Beastformers boards), the sciences, Baseball (Huge St. Louis Cardinals fan) and of course, women.

Posted 10 February 2006 - 08:03 PM

Hey, Arthur I am going to Borders tomorrow maybe, I will check and see if they have it yet. If they do I can pick u up one.

LMK buddy,
WhiteLeo

Cool, if there's an extra copy pick one up for me and I'll pay you for the cost + shipping.

Thanks Steve.

#113 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22187 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 09:02 PM

I will be seeing them at Toy Fair this weekend (yes, I get to cover it).

Kewl, maybe we'll bump into each other.

#114 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 10 February 2006 - 09:17 PM

Hey RAD, whom do I e-mail to let them know that I want to see the Laser Beast guide? I saw the e-mail in the back of the section for e-mailing them with info about Laser Beasts. Should I write to that e-mail? Because I would love to see the LB guide. Unfortunately I really don't have anything to contribute, except a scan of a Puzzlecolor card if they need it.

Eric

#115 trumanshower

trumanshower

Eternal Truman of the spotless mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • Interests:dragonautes, monster in my pocket, fistful of power, motu, cosmix, luxioles etc etc...

Posted 11 February 2006 - 08:03 AM

i've got mine, it's very cooooooooool!!! good job ben, i just notice a mistake, when you say that common shield battlers (green cat...) were only sold in japan, it's wrong, they also were sold in single pack in france!!

French collector of Battle Beasts, Monster in my pocket and a bunch of other toys !!
FoP facebook page : https://www.facebook.../fistfulofpower

Boogaz facebook group : https://www.facebook...810983082984202

#116 transformersontheshelf

transformersontheshelf

The Toy Store Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Interests:Toys and Games of all sorts!

Posted 11 February 2006 - 03:06 PM

so after a few store in my local town i managed to find 3 coppies and bought the bad guy cover one. Anyways, HOLY CRAP! 100 times better than i thought it could be, very clear set up, pictures (the side pics were a nice touch). I'll be writing them telling to get on that LB part of the guide.

Only thing i've never liked about toy guides are the price guides in the back, lol. Their TF prices fluctuated too far either way over 60% of the time ><.

ok, back on topic, great job man!

#117 trumanshower

trumanshower

Eternal Truman of the spotless mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • Interests:dragonautes, monster in my pocket, fistful of power, motu, cosmix, luxioles etc etc...

Posted 12 February 2006 - 01:13 PM

i've personnaly emailed them :angry:

French collector of Battle Beasts, Monster in my pocket and a bunch of other toys !!
FoP facebook page : https://www.facebook.../fistfulofpower

Boogaz facebook group : https://www.facebook...810983082984202

#118 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 05:12 PM

i've got mine, it's very cooooooooool!!! good job ben, i just notice a mistake, when you say that common shield battlers (green cat...) were only sold in japan, it's wrong, they also were sold in single pack in france!!

I have spoke w/ Ben regarding a few price updates concerning the SBs...

Here is the info I sent him:

All 12 Shield Battlers were released in France & Japan.

#89, #92, #95, #97, #98, & #100 all MIB w/o shields in Japan.
#89, #92, #95, #97, #98, & #100 all MOC w/ shields & sleds in France.

#90, #91, #93, #94, #96, & #99 all MIB in the Japanese Shield Battler boxed giftset.
#90, #91, #93, #94, #96, & #99 all MOC w/ shields & sleds in France.

#89, #92, #95, #97, #98, #100 should list the shields ALONE as $300 each. (French Exclusives) W/O figures, W/O sleds, and W/O guns!!!

Shield Battler Sleds alone:
Maroon w/ black wheels $40 Japanese giftset & French MOC
Gray w/ orange wheels $40 Japanese giftset & French MOC
Purple w/ yellow-orange wheels $75 ONLY MOC in France

This is all I noticed. :)

Overall, Ben AND Lee's did an OUTSTANDING job in my book!!! I HOPE Lee's keeps the ball rolling w/ a LB guide equally as GREAT as this BB Guide!!! ;)

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE...EVERYONE email Lee's!!! We HAVE to get the LB guide printed!!!

Dabbuu, if you are willing to contact Lee's and go there to have them shoot photos of your MASSIVE collection...PLEASE do so SOON!!! ;) We DON'T want too much time to pass...we don't want them to loose interest!!! :angry:

TGB

#119 dabbuu

dabbuu

Serious Collector

• 573 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 05:42 PM

I contacted them thay are all at a toyfair now they will call me back on Wednesday
Posted Image

#120 Personality #9

Personality #9

Suedehead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1663 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 05:47 PM

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE...EVERYONE email Lee's!!! We HAVE to get the LB guide printed!!!

TGB

I'll email them as soon as I can locate a copy of the magazine.

I'm having a bee-eye-itch of a time finding one, like I posted earlier, Borders seems to be the only store where I live that even carries Lee's and they still have issue #159 on the stands. I'll check again tomorrow though.

I would just email 'em, but I'd like the chance to check over the guide and critique it myself before writing to them. :angry:

#121 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 08:26 PM

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE...EVERYONE email Lee's!!!  We HAVE to get the LB guide printed!!! 

TGB

I'll email them as soon as I can locate a copy of the magazine.

I'm having a bee-eye-itch of a time finding one, like I posted earlier, Borders seems to be the only store where I live that even carries Lee's and they still have issue #159 on the stands. I'll check again tomorrow though.

I would just email 'em, but I'd like the chance to check over the guide and critique it myself before writing to them. :angry:

I just scored 2 issues for Lord at Borders...last 2 issues. Now I need to score another issue for ChokinJawa!

Barnes Noble still didn't have them...they did have the issue #3 of Lee's big guide though.

TGB

#122 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 08:27 PM

I contacted them thay are all at a toyfair now they will call me back on Wednesday

Kewl!

I hope it works out!!!

TGB

#123 Personality #9

Personality #9

Suedehead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1663 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 09:25 PM

Barnes Noble still didn't have them...they did have the issue #3 of Lee's big guide though.

TGB

Okay, I finally got an issue today. I had to go the the Borders downtown from where I live and they had a ton of the copies of #160.

The guide is in-effin'-credible!!!! :angry: :) ;)

Great photos, great intro and get layout.

Just one question, who exactly do I email to request a Laser Beast guide? Is it the email address on page 9 of the BB guide... afn@earthlink.net? Or is there another address to write to?

#124 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 10:27 PM

TGB

Okay, I finally got an issue today. I had to go the the Borders downtown from where I live and they had a ton of the copies of #160.

The guide is in-effin'-credible!!!! :angry: :) ;)

Great photos, great intro and get layout.

Just one question, who exactly do I email to request a Laser Beast guide? Is it the email address on page 9 of the BB guide... afn@earthlink.net? Or is there another address to write to?

GREAT!!!

I am glad you FINALLY scored one!!!

Here is the link to CONTACT Lee's asking for a LB guide:

CLICK HERE

TGB

Edited by THEGODBEAST, 13 February 2006 - 10:27 PM.

#125 Personality #9

Personality #9

Suedehead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1663 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 11:10 PM

Great, I just emailed them telling them how much I wanna see a Laser Beasts guide. How many other guys here have done the same (other than TGB, Trumanshower, myself and Koppenschvelle)?

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com