Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek, Stargate, Firefly, Doctor Who
    MUSCLE, Care Bears, Snorks, Boglins,
    Texas Rangers Baseball!!

Posted 08 October 2007 - 09:01 PM

Hey guys!! Jeff (Reccoom) wanted me to let you know that he finished the pic but didn't have time to get over to Kinkos to get it scanned.

The Cowboy game ran long and he had to get bed to get up early in the morning but he promises to have it posted by Tuesday night :shock:

Edited by Liz Sherman, 08 October 2007 - 09:01 PM.

Boglins I Need - any color
The Medievals: Scout Mors
The Prehistorics: Spy Dork
The Samurai: Scout Yell, Spy Yak, Spy Yum, Yen, Yule, Yarn, Yelp
Slimes: Splutter, Splurge

#102 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 11:18 PM

No problem, the deadline isn't till Wednesday. Can't wait to see the finished pic!

#103 Liz Sherman

Liz Sherman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek, Stargate, Firefly, Doctor Who
    MUSCLE, Care Bears, Snorks, Boglins,
    Texas Rangers Baseball!!

Posted 09 October 2007 - 04:32 PM

once again, Kinko's boned me on the file size, and I was forced to do some color unifying (hitting color fields with the paint can tool in photo), and its still an oversized file at 0 quality setting. I guess I won't be posting any more large dimension pics till I get a bigger scanner. between the last contest and this one, I ve already wasted 40 bucks there.

For the contest, will pencil and finished of the same pic have a combined score, or will only the last version be entered?

Attached Files

Boglins I Need - any color
The Medievals: Scout Mors
The Prehistorics: Spy Dork
The Samurai: Scout Yell, Spy Yak, Spy Yum, Yen, Yule, Yarn, Yelp
Slimes: Splutter, Splurge

#104 Reccoom Kaboom

Reccoom Kaboom

I'm back! And I brought my back with me!

• Legends
  • 917 posts
  • Interests:Taking old toys and making them new again.
    Staying motivated artisticly, creatively.
    Keeping my XboX360 addiction under controll.
    Putting my surplus M.U.S.C.L.E.s in trades of other toylines.
    Talking like Tom Waits more often.
    Getting that Y/S N*T tattooed big n' bold accross my back.
    Having my dentist build me some new permanent fangs.

Posted 09 October 2007 - 04:42 PM

Dangit! she logged in and didn't log out! I accidently posted under Liz's sign-in! Now she's gonna get all my votes! :lol:

Here's a lower- resolution scan from kinko's, un-edited

Attached Files

Posted Image

#105 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 09 October 2007 - 05:26 PM

Pretty Awesome Reccoom! Love the colors and everything! What did you have to hit with the Paint can?

Have any of you guys seen my Jaw? :lol:

Posted Image

#106 Reccoom Kaboom

Reccoom Kaboom

I'm back! And I brought my back with me!

• Legends
  • 917 posts
  • Interests:Taking old toys and making them new again.
    Staying motivated artisticly, creatively.
    Keeping my XboX360 addiction under controll.
    Putting my surplus M.U.S.C.L.E.s in trades of other toylines.
    Talking like Tom Waits more often.
    Getting that Y/S N*T tattooed big n' bold accross my back.
    Having my dentist build me some new permanent fangs.

Posted 10 October 2007 - 05:17 AM

In the first pic, all the solid color areas got either paint fill or color erase. the second, lower resolution pic, nothing was filled or color erased
Posted Image

#107 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 05:42 AM

Well, today's the day. Great turnout for month number two by six artists!
Ghost Lion: Odd that you saved it as a pdf, but the Godbeast looks pretty good.
Czarcher: 1st pic- Not quite a "Battle Royale" but it is big and nicely painted.
--------------2nd pic- Nice cartoony style.
URS: Crisp and clean design, nice colors on the characters, like the camouflage.
Tortle: Tremendously aweome and loved by all!
Reccoom: Stunning mastery of perspective! 7 characters, a background and a unique theme, very impressive!

#108 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 05:55 AM

Great job, Reccoom! I'm glad you posted the unaltered pic. I think it looks better, actually.

For the contest, will pencil and finished of the same pic have a combined score, or will only the last version be entered?

Just to be clear, I only included the pencil version of my painting so that people could see a progression... I didn't intend for it to be entered into the contest.

#109 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 06:01 AM

Yeah, and I only want my full color pic entered.

#110 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22194 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 07:28 AM

Just so you know I didn't flake. I am still working on mine, but it's going slow, hahaha.

Good luck to you guys on the voting. All your pieces are great!

#111 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 10 October 2007 - 07:56 PM

Man Kevin! You got a pretty solid lead so far! But Nate may just catch up! This will obviously be an awesome showdown! ;) I hope the voting turnout will exceed the last couple contests we have had.

Posted Image

#112 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 10 October 2007 - 07:58 PM

Just so you know I didn't flake. I am still working on mine, but it's going slow, hahaha.

Good luck to you guys on the voting. All your pieces are great!

Don't keep us in suspence any longer Johnny!!!! :(

Man Kevin! You got a pretty solid lead so far! But Nate may just catch up! This will obviously be an awesome showdown! ;) I hope the voting turnout will exceed the last couple contests we have had.

I hope so to URS, LETS SEE SOME VOTES!!!! :M:

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#113 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 11:05 PM

Man Kevin! You got a pretty solid lead so far! But Nate may just catch up! This will obviously be an awesome showdown! :D I hope the voting turnout will exceed the last couple contests we have had.

Wow, look at that. Go to sleep for a few hours and the poll goes up and a bunch of votes already. Good luck everybody! What day does the voting end?

#114 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 11 October 2007 - 04:12 AM

Hey, I thought you were entering all of your drawings KM... You didn't enter the one I had my sites on -- this one:

Posted Image

Was this a color only contest or one entry only? :D

(That's not to say I don't like the other one as well though!)
Posted Image

#115 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 11 October 2007 - 05:17 AM

Man Kevin! You got a pretty solid lead so far! But Nate may just catch up! This will obviously be an awesome showdown! :D I hope the voting turnout will exceed the last couple contests we have had.

Wow, look at that. Go to sleep for a few hours and the poll goes up and a bunch of votes already. Good luck everybody! What day does the voting end?

Next Wednesday, that should be plently of time. :D

Hey, I thought you were entering all of your drawings KM... You didn't enter the one I had my sites on -- this one:

Posted Image

Was this a color only contest or one entry only? :p

(That's not to say I don't like the other one as well though!)

You could have as many as you like, but I think I remember Kevin saying that he just wanted the finnished on. Correct me if I am wrong Kevin.
WhiteLeo

I will never quit.

#116 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 08:02 AM

Hey, thanks Soups! I'm glad you like that one, butI only wanted my color pic entered because after Nate posted his pic, I felt mine really didn't measure up. Though I'm more pleased with my color entry, I got scared when Reccoom posted his final. I feel his is a really strong effort. Mine seems to be doing pretty good so far, so that's good. I tried hard on that last one, and I want that Ramenman/Mongolman.

#117 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 08:20 AM

I think your right on being scared on that Reccoom entery I loved the concept, the drawing, and it reminded me of the comics of my youth.......

But your entry had an awesome Drunken Master, seriously that was the one piece that made me vote for kevinmayle.

#118 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 10:22 AM

I think Fan Art Challenge 3 should be something much more simple than FAC2. Maybe like one character. A Battle Beast or MUSCLE that never existed. It would be an original creation by the artist, but look like it could have belonged to the toyline.

#119 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 11:28 AM

I like that idea Kevin. But do we all still have the strength for another one? :lol:

Posted Image

#120 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 11:30 AM

I think Fan Art Challenge 3 should be something much more simple than FAC2. Maybe like one character. A Battle Beast or MUSCLE that never existed. It would be an original creation by the artist, but look like it could have belonged to the toyline.

I like that idea Kevin. But do we all still have the strength for another one? :lol:

Well if someone else what's to start the next go ahead. I might just have to enter if someone else puts it up. :yes:

WhiteLeo

I will never quit.

#121 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 11:43 AM

I like that idea Kevin. But do we all still have the strength for another one? :D

I was thinking if maybe it was just a single character, no background, and a month to do it, it might be simple enough to just whip something out. Like FAC1 where it ended up being quick and easy enough for some of us to do multiple entries.
White Leo, I think you SHOULD enter!

#122 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 01:24 PM

I like that idea Kevin. But do we all still have the strength for another one? :D

I was thinking if maybe it was just a single character, no background, and a month to do it, it might be simple enough to just whip something out. Like FAC1 where it ended up being quick and easy enough for some of us to do multiple entries.
White Leo, I think you SHOULD enter!

Someone else does the next contest, dosn't even have to have a prize I will enter. I haven't drawn in over 7 years! -_-

I will never quit.

#123 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 06:12 PM

I'm not promising anything, but I might host the next one unless someone else wants too. I may have something lying around here I could throw up as a prize. :D

Posted Image

#124 Czarcher

Czarcher

Ruling Lands Far And Wide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
  • Interests:Ultraman,
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 15 October 2007 - 02:47 AM

0 votes :unsure: I guess it's true, size does'nt matter.

#125 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 October 2007 - 04:20 AM

0 votes :( I guess it's true, size does'nt matter.

Were people supposed to vote based on size? :unsure:

I thought they were supposed to vote on the best drawing.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com