142 replies to this topic

#101 Corlan

Corlan

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 05:57 AM

Thought I'd give this a bit of a bump with some auctions I found. I still am debating on collecting these things but I can't make up my mind!

Anyway, hope these help one of you guys:

http://cgi.ebay.com/...3a#ht_500wt_928

http://cgi.ebay.com/...4#ht_1009wt_911

http://cgi.ebay.com/...fd#ht_500wt_928

Thanks for the info. I personally check ebay every day (usually many times) and I already know all these auctions. I'm following, and going to bid in the first. I contacted to the second seller to try an international shipmet to my country and didn't get an anwser... I'll try again. And I already own the therd one.

Anyway, this kind of info is allways very apreciated.

#102 Biffard

Biffard

Team Truffle Shuffle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1008 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 06:08 AM

Good luck with those auctions and by the way the pics of your collection are awesome!!!

#103 Corlan

Corlan

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 11:01 AM

Ouch.

Our friend KungFuMan won the first auction in the last 3 seconds, as well as the therd one... I didn't know he was interested in sealed Attack Packs. I will take it in account for the next time.

I'm glad you like my collection, Biffard. I will try to post updated pics soon. I got a few more after taking those pics.

#104 KungFuMan

KungFuMan

Master of the Palm and Foot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 01:35 AM

Ack, sorry about that haven't been tracking this topic until recently...I'd actually picked up both figuring you had them (I'd been lacking a completed tank since all the usual auctions lack missiles, and Taran-Chewa was because the box type was unique from what I have thus far...). I'd been following them since they appeared on eBay to be honest, with so few left hardly anything's showing up anymore :\

As for your question about Ruten...I can ask my go-between for buying from that site, but I don't know if she'll agree, or if she's still around.

#105 Corlan

Corlan

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 05:24 AM

Ack, sorry about that haven't been tracking this topic until recently...I'd actually picked up both figuring you had them (I'd been lacking a completed tank since all the usual auctions lack missiles, and Taran-Chewa was because the box type was unique from what I have thus far...). I'd been following them since they appeared on eBay to be honest, with so few left hardly anything's showing up anymore :\

As for your question about Ruten...I can ask my go-between for buying from that site, but I don't know if she'll agree, or if she's still around.

Oh, don't worry about the auctions. I placed a medium bid for the taran chewa because I wasn't expecting a serious collector (like you are) to bid in. My mistake :huh: . Next time I will try to prevent something like that with a serious bid.

And about ruten's auction, well, I have already contacted with an intermediary and I'm waiting for his reply. Anyway, any help will be welcome.

#106 Corlan

Corlan

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 10:07 PM

If someone is looking to start this collection, here is a link with a lot of them. The same seller has another two auctions, one with tanks, and another with battle birds.

Anyway, KungFuMan and me are both interested in the last auction, so it will probably go high.

#107 KungFuMan

KungFuMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 07:57 PM

Heh, was wondering if you saw those. Apparently they used to belong to her sister, which is rather interesting as its an extensive collection. No dice on her possibly having the final four though...starting to wonder if Mattel ever released those in the US at all.

As for the Battle Bird set...yeah that's a given. If I do win though I'll toss you the Nightwing you're missing if you're up to paying S&H on it. Shame we both need that Screwdiver. :)

By the way, don't you still need a Mane Mauler that has wheels?

Edited by KungFuMan, 11 October 2010 - 08:08 PM.

#108 Corlan

Corlan

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 12:26 AM

Heh, was wondering if you saw those. Apparently they used to belong to her sister, which is rather interesting as its an extensive collection. No dice on her possibly having the final four though...starting to wonder if Mattel ever released those in the US at all.

As for the Battle Bird set...yeah that's a given. If I do win though I'll toss you the Nightwing you're missing if you're up to paying S&H on it. Shame we both need that Screwdiver. :)

By the way, don't you still need a Mane Mauler that has wheels?

Yes, I already need a complete Mane Mauler, and if the bid don't get too high, I could try to get the other auction. But it's the first time since I started looking for these toys I found a Solar Shield. Also the Infra-Red (but casually there is another auction with another Infra-Red ending the day after). If I get these two I would have almost completed a loose collection (except for the wire controlled and the wriswatch). So well, probably I'll try to win the auction. If I win, I'll give you the Arctic Sky Vice (and maybe one more little surprise :D ). So good luck :)

#109 KungFuMan

KungFuMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 09:47 AM

and maybe one more little surprise

Blast it, now you've got my curiosity going. What did you manage to turn up? o.O

Also kinda surprised allinthestyle isn't posting...figured he'd be going after some of these himself.

#110 Corlan

Corlan

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 11:19 AM

Blast it, now you've got my curiosity going. What did you manage to turn up? o.O

Also kinda surprised allinthestyle isn't posting...figured he'd be going after some of these himself.

You will know it if I win the auction :rofl:

Edited by Corlan, 15 October 2010 - 12:38 PM.

#111 KungFuMan

KungFuMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 05:39 PM

Hrm, that's no fair you :D Ah well...I'm still going to try. Either way at least you still get the Nightwing you need. If I do win this too I can probably send allinthestyle the Splitfire he needs as well.

Well, either way we'll know at about 8:30 EST tomorrow.

#112 Corlan

Corlan

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 10:28 PM

Yes, I'm a bad guy :D

Well, not than bad. Here you got a pic of my collection. You will understand :yes:

#113 KungFuMan

KungFuMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 04:16 PM

Jesus Christ...I didn't expect it to go quite that high, though figured you'd aim for the stars as it were. I'm too close to finishing my collection as it were now though...I'm guessing it's a hell no in regards to getting that Wolveraider off of you though now, eh? :\

Edited by KungFuMan, 16 October 2010 - 04:19 PM.

#114 Corlan

Corlan

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 09:12 PM

Jesus Christ...I didn't expect it to go quite that high, though figured you'd aim for the stars as it were. I'm too close to finishing my collection as it were now though...I'm guessing it's a hell no in regards to getting that Wolveraider off of you though now, eh? :\

You have a PM. Please, check it

#115 Biffard

Biffard

Team Truffle Shuffle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1008 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 12:55 PM

So who won the airplane auction? Was it kungfuman? Did Corlan and Kungfuman bid against each other and that is why the auction reached as high as it did? I only ask because I wasn't aware of these going for so much!

#116 Corlan

Corlan

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 01:03 PM

Well, KungFuMan won the auction. And yes, it went so high beacuse we bid each against the other... there are a few missing vehicles for both of us and that auction had a couple of them for each of us.

#117 Biffard

Biffard

Team Truffle Shuffle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1008 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 05:26 PM

So did anyone here win the auction with all the trucks? I thought about bidding but I didn't want to start something new right now. It was a pretty impressive lot though!

#118 Corlan

Corlan

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:43 AM

So did anyone here win the auction with all the trucks? I thought about bidding but I didn't want to start something new right now. It was a pretty impressive lot though!

I placed a bid for it. There was one vehicle there that I was interested in, because mine is broken, but I was not willing to pay so much for this specifically one

#119 KungFuMan

KungFuMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 09:31 PM

Corlan, a few new boxed ones coming up that you need boxes for:
"Lunar Eclipse" Splitfire
"Solar Shield" Screwdiver
"Infra-Red" Nightslayer

Also, there's apparently a *second* wired controlled Attack Pack too. It's a black/orange repaint of the green one...the box seems different too, with actual instructions on the back.

#120 Corlan

Corlan

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 02:18 AM

Already picked up the Solar Shield and Lunar Eclipse (finally we know the name of that last one).

And added to my wanted list that second wire controlled...

#121 Biffard

Biffard

Team Truffle Shuffle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1008 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 05:43 AM

Hey guys,

Have either one of you completed a set of loose vehicles?(if so, do you have any pics of your collection) I'm still debating on starting on these as my muscle collection is nearing the end. However, I was curious how long it has taken you and how difficult it was to get where you are today? (I know one or both of you guys bought some foreign ones to complete your sets. I probably will try not to do that)

On a side note, I just found my purple splitfire I had as a kid over christmas! It is in perfect condition! Just seeing it got me a little more excited about getting into these.

#122 KungFuMan

KungFuMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 09:16 AM

Really only two were foreign exclusive: the alt-color Stego-Striker and Tankasaurus Rex. The rest seemingly were available worldwide, though I've found the final four tend to be easier to find in international venues. I'm down to just one missing (alt T-Rex)...IIRC, Corlan's just short the two Wire Controlled ones between his boxed/loose ones.

#123 Corlan

Corlan

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 12:33 AM

As KungFuMan sais, I'm only missing the wire controlled (thanks to him only the black one) and the wriswatch (and if I see them again with an affordable shipping costs, I'll try to get the breakfast bowls too).

I had to buy most of them foreing, but remember I live in Spain... a lot of them came from the USA. If we talk about difficult to find... appart from the wire controlled, it seems that the last series of four is hard, but I managed to complete two series of loose ones (I think every one came from Germany eBay), and I have only seen one Skeletalker in eBay (the boxed one that owns KungFuMan).

#124 KungFuMan

KungFuMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 06:55 AM

Yeah, the final four + Skeletalker were the hardes to find:
-Riptile came from a german seller after some coaxing
-Toothslayer from a person on Ruten.com.tw via a go-between (which was hard to set up as well)
-King Hiss from a fellow on deviantart in Canada, though I've seen this on ruten as well. In addition a friend of mine in New Zealand swears this was the *only* one of the final four they got.
-And Wolveraider from Corlan, though the guy on deviantart did have an (albeit damaged) one.
I've yet to see any of these from a US seller...by contrast, Skeletalker has appeared very rarely but roughly about once a year on US eBay, which is how I netted first my damaged one and then the boxed one.

For anyone interested in buying these, things to look for as far as common damage:
-Sky Vice (both versions) tends to break if mishandled, as a lot of these were. As a result you'll see a lot with only one wing working.
-Slaughter-skito tends to have the helicopter blade detached. This is because it's easy to pull off, but doesn't go back on afterwards.
-Loose tanks tend to not show up with their missiles: Stego-striker has 3, Tankasaurus Rex has 2.
-The original 4, and by extension the final 4, might show up without their back hooks. This affects the Darkclaw watch too, especially since it's a metal piece that extends from the back.
-Kinda related, but Blowtorch's missile doesn't fit in its mouth right due to a manufacturer's oversight, causing it to hang open a little when inside and idle.

Edited by KungFuMan, 29 December 2010 - 06:57 AM.

#125 KungFuMan

KungFuMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 07:51 AM

Got the black Wire Controlled Attack Pack and another of its original green counterpart too. A few oddities about it: the box for the original Mattel release says "Remote Controlled" and mentions nothing about being made exclusively for Radio Shack, unlike the first one I had, but instead states it was made by "Arcotoys, Inc" and released in 1993. Also the black variant has the same packaging (down to the UPC) as the green one. Go figure.

Attached File  blackattackpack.png   705.19K   11 downloads

Edited by KungFuMan, 01 January 2011 - 07:52 AM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com