226 replies to this topic

#126 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 25 August 2007 - 01:56 PM

Biggest update in a long time, and perhaps the last big update.

Okay, I'll happily admit I was wrong about that! Here's an update to add SEVEN more figures to the MCIA!

All these figure images were contributed by Arforbes!

Part Eleven

Okay, we're continuing to chop away at the Red figures for Part Eleven. Remember that only a few months ago, there were no images of Red figures for Part Eleven, so we, I, wasn't sure they even existed! With the addition of the following 3 figures, we now have images of 4 of these 10 uber rare Red figures.

#104 Red
#135 Red
#140 Red

Part 14, Tree 1

Part 14, Tree 1 has two colors that are rare, Purple and Salmon, and is one of the more notable Trees because it has the Pyramid Sunshine sculpt. We are now 1 Salmon figure closer to completing this tree with the addition of:

#199 Salmon

Part 16, Tree 1

Green happens to be rare in the tree, and Arforbes provides us a pic of yet another figure in this color, one of my personal favorite sculpts:

#183 Green

Posted Image

Part 21, Tree 1

Ah, the mysterious Part 21, Tree 1 which is rare in the color Dark Blue. Arforbes gives us images of two of those figures -- the last two needed to complete the tree!

#011 Dark Blue
#223 Dark Blue

Thanks Arforbes!

Here's how many figures the Color Code predicts remain for each color (Needs Archive):

Salmon - 4 figures
Dark Blue - 2 figures
Red - 8 figures
Green - 2 figures
Purple - 3 figures
Light Blue - 1 figure
Magenta - 0 figures
Orange - 0 figures*

That means there are a total of 20 figures left to document, and then the archive will be complete! Once the archive is complete, I will create an archive similar to the Needs Archive that will show pictures of all the sculpts organized by the colors in which they were "Not Made." In this way, we can continue to look out for figures that, while not predicated to exist, may turn up some time in the future. (If you have no idea what I'm talking about, just wait and I'll explain in more detail when we cross this bridge.)

* There have been 3-4 collectors who have reported having Orange figures on the MDB. However, no pictures of any of these figures has even been documented. Therefore, the MUSCLE "Color Code" can't really predict that these and other Orange figures in their tree exist. However, it is unique that 3-4 collectors report having these Orange figures.

Edited by Soupie, 25 August 2007 - 02:23 PM.

Posted Image

#127 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 25 August 2007 - 02:30 PM

Awesome Soupie! It's hard to believe that this archive is nearly complete (as far as we know). It is practically the U.S. doppleganger of Naochin's site now. Great work. I really appreciate all the time you put into this. I'm sure you had to twist some arms to get some of those pictures. ;)

Posted Image

#128 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I'm all about mono mini sculpts! , I also like long walks on the beach and wearing G-Strings in the privacy of my home.

Posted 25 August 2007 - 04:44 PM

Great job keeping up with the archive,but deep down inside i hope there is more then just 20 more figures left. ;)
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#129 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 09:33 PM

Great job keeping up with the archive,but deep down inside i hope there is more then just 20 more figures left. ;)

So you're saying you're up for the 1,000+ figure challenge? :)

Thanks guys! We'll get this shizznit documented soon enough!

:D
Posted Image

#130 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 09:34 PM

I don't, well I am sure there is, Super Rares that is, but this shizznit is getting expensive! :D
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#131 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 25 August 2007 - 09:42 PM

I know I could imagine you would get depressed if a lot of 20 or so figures popped up that weren't originally calculated to have existed.

Posted Image

#132 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 09:47 PM

Its wierd, I would be super excited, and at the same time like "DAMMIT" cause I would need to get them to satisfy the color needs! Haha!
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#133 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 10:19 PM

Well, it wouldn't really be that bad would it? I mean there would only be like 500 more figures to find if they made every figure in every color right?

Posted Image

#134 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 11:52 PM

Well, it wouldn't really be that bad would it? I mean there would only be like 500 more figures to find if they made every figure in every color right?

Haha, yes...and I would be on the streets shortly after, but with my musle collection in hand. :D
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#135 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 05:52 PM

:yes:

Okay, five more figures have been added to the archive. Thanks Arforbes! All these figures are "rare" and I believe he got them all from Canada.

Part 2, Tree 2

#049 - Red
#053 - Red

With the addition of these 2 rare Red figures, Part 2 is completely documented! :D

Part 3, Tree 3

#161 - Magenta

Posted Image

With the addition of this figure, Part 3 is fully documented... again! :lol: Yes, it's true, at first URS and I weren't sure if #161 came in Magenta, but a few months ago, using data from the "MUSCLE color code" we were able to predict that #161 should exist in Magenta! You can read about that --> here.

Part 5, Tree 3

#072 - Salmon
#090 - Salmon

With the addition of these figures, Tree 3 of Part 5 is now complete!

Here's is the current number of figures left to be documented:

Salmon - 2
Purple - 3
Dark Blue - 2
Light Blue - 1
Red - 6
Magenta - 0
Orange - 0*
Green - 2

Total - 16 figures left to document!

*There are a few infamous Orange figures that some people on the MDB report having. I'm going to give collectors exactly 1 year from this day to find one of these Orange figures. If at least one of these figures is NOT found in a year's time, I'm going to assume they do not exist and the people reporting that they have them made a mistake.
Posted Image

#136 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 07:06 PM

Awesome! That's by far my favorite colored fig now! He ties up so many strange loose ends! :D Thanks Alex! Also the one year plan is a good idea! We can change it if like a year and 1 day later one is found anyways. :D

Did I mention that I love this hobby? :yes:

Alot of pressure is on you now Alex, we need you to find the rest of these for us. :lol:

Posted Image

#137 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 01:11 AM

Awesome! That's by far my favorite colored fig now! He ties up so many strange loose ends! :D Thanks Alex! Also the one year plan is a good idea! We can change it if like a year and 1 day later one is found anyways. :D

Did I mention that I love this hobby? :yes:

Alot of pressure is on you now Alex, we need you to find the rest of these for us. :D

DONE! :lol:

Just kidding! But yeah we certainly do need to find the rest. We will I'm sure, time will allow the rest of them to surface. And I agree on the 1 year plan, if those damn orange figures, or at least one of them doesn't show up by then I am considering them non existant and just mistakes on the MuscleDB. Then I can delete them from my Needed Colors Picture, finally!
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#138 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 02:03 AM

Does the color code theory thing predict that those orange ones should or shouldn't exist?

Edited by kevinmayle, 21 September 2007 - 02:04 AM.

#139 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 04:36 AM

Does the color code theory thing predict that those orange ones should or shouldn't exist?

By my standards, no.

The MUSCLE Color Code "formula" is based on two things: (1) Which Kinnikuman part/tree each sculpt belongs to, (2) documentation of colored MUSCLE figures that collectors have. Figures are documented in two ways: [a] by recording a figure (sculpt/color combination) on the MUSCLE Database, and [b] by sharing a picture of the figure.

Obviously, showing a picture of the figure is the most reliable method of documenting a figure, which is why I wanted to create the archive. However, if collectors document their figures CORRECTLY on the MDB, that info will produce accurate predictions...

In the case of the "missing" Orange figures, they are only documented in one way, that is, on the MDB. And, there are currently NO images of any of these "missing" Orange figures.

Because MUSCLES were molded in groups we just need to document one figure in the group (tree) to know that the other MUSCLEs in the group exist.

Since so much time has passed and we (read: arforbes) still do not have pictures of ANY of these Orange figures, there's a very good chance that whoever recorded having them on the MDB simply made a mistake -- they probably do NOT really have these figures in Orange.

Thus, the reason I say by my standards, no, the MCC does not predict them to exists is because I like to have at least one picture of a figure in a group (tree) before I say the MCC "predicts" the other figures in the group to exist. Since we don't have any pictures of these figures -- just reports on the MDB -- I have labeled them "uncertain."

Sorry if my answer was over-kill, but I'm excited for others to understand what's going on!

Edited by Soupie, 21 September 2007 - 04:52 AM.

Posted Image

#140 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2007 - 04:45 AM

And I agree on the 1 year plan, if those damn orange figures, or at least one of them doesn't show up by then I am considering them non existant and just mistakes on the MuscleDB. Then I can delete them from my Needed Colors Picture, finally!

I agree. I have them on my checklist and would love to drop them. In fact I was going to email Soupie about this topic today. Nevermind now!

#141 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 04:53 AM

So we've all subscribed to the one-year plan. Great! We'll have to remind each other when the subscription runs out -- 09/21/08.

Posted Image

#142 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 06:49 AM

Sorry if my answer was over-kill, but I'm excited for others to understand what's going on!

Thanks Soups! Definately not overkill.

#143 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 08:43 AM

Albeit unlikely it is still possible that some other parts exist in colors that havn't been found yet. It wasn't till recently that we found that one Part 11 tree in red. But I kind of hope theres an end to all this madness soon. :lol:

Posted Image

#144 Reccoom Kaboom

Reccoom Kaboom

I'm back! And I brought my back with me!

• Legends
  • 917 posts
  • Interests:Taking old toys and making them new again.
    Staying motivated artisticly, creatively.
    Keeping my XboX360 addiction under controll.
    Putting my surplus M.U.S.C.L.E.s in trades of other toylines.
    Talking like Tom Waits more often.
    Getting that Y/S N*T tattooed big n' bold accross my back.
    Having my dentist build me some new permanent fangs.

Posted 22 September 2007 - 03:25 PM

I concur. the sooner we know which don't exist, the sooner we can get Godbeast started on casting the collection-fill. heh

On the orange figure debate, have the parties in question been pm'd/e-mailed?
Posted Image

#145 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 03:52 PM

Probably just a million bajillion times. :) Actually Soupie is the only one I think that's been trying.

Posted Image

#146 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 05:59 PM

Probably just a million bajillion times. <_< Actually Soupie is the only one I think that's been trying.

I've tried to contact as well, with no luck. I wish the people who claim to have them would just check their collections at least. But I am almost certain that they are data entry mistakes...probably mistaken for Salmon figures. According to the Muscle DB there is a Green #2 ??? What the hell? It is in the collection of someone named Robomonkey check it out...

http://muscledb.com/...list.cgi?mid=95

:)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#147 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 07:09 PM

That's just insane!!! Wouldn't it suck if that guy actually had a green #2, and just wasn't an active collector anymore, or doesn't care to tell anyone, or just doesn't know the impact the knowledge of it's existance could have?!!! ........I want a green #2. :)

Posted Image

#148 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 08:22 PM

That's just insane!!! Wouldn't it suck if that guy actually had a green #2, and just wasn't an active collector anymore, or doesn't care to tell anyone, or just doesn't know the impact the knowledge of it's existance could have?!!! ........I want a green #2. :)

Me too! Like the one on the Mega-Match Game Box front...

Posted Image
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#149 Reccoom Kaboom

Reccoom Kaboom

I'm back! And I brought my back with me!

• Legends
  • 917 posts
  • Interests:Taking old toys and making them new again.
    Staying motivated artisticly, creatively.
    Keeping my XboX360 addiction under controll.
    Putting my surplus M.U.S.C.L.E.s in trades of other toylines.
    Talking like Tom Waits more often.
    Getting that Y/S N*T tattooed big n' bold accross my back.
    Having my dentist build me some new permanent fangs.

Posted 17 October 2007 - 01:16 PM

Well today I printed up the whole archive, and went figure by figure on my master collection in the hanging bionicle packs. I seem to have found 2 orange figures that I hadn't realized weren't documented yet: #61 and #82!

will be sending soupie the pics very soon, but here's the first shots:

Attached Files

Posted Image

#150 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 01:30 PM

You might want to recheck that! You had me going for a second there! ;)

Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com