222 replies to this topic

#126 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 08:32 PM

Open up the mixing board thing with all the volume knobs. Set the 'record' one to 'microphone,' and start talking while the SoundRecorder is recording. Watch the 'level meter' on the mixing board. You want the loudest parts to get to the yellow, and you never want to hit red. Try keeping the colors to the first bit of the yellow metering.
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#127 Checkmate1989

Checkmate1989

Whaddaya call a pigeon with four feet? A STOOLPIGEON!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Interests:Dragon Ball, Rurouni Kenshin, Kinnikuman, Metal Gear, Devil May Cry

Posted 03 June 2006 - 07:57 AM

Well, I think I might have a different version of Sound Recorder than you...

Edited by Checkmate1989, 03 June 2006 - 07:59 AM.

Posted Image
HEART OF THE SWORD

#128 Dorkolossus

Dorkolossus

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 11:34 AM

After reading through this thread it seems very interesting and I'd love to help in any way I could. I could do any female voices, and depending on the character I could do a male voice or two if needed. As long as the characters voices aren't too deep I could give it a shot.
The only recorder I have that works well is my mp3 player but if the quality isn't good enough I could download a different recording program somewhere.
Have any roles been set in stone for certain people? What ones aren't taken?
An example of the recording quality is on my myspace for those who haven't seen it.

Edited by Dorkolossus, 06 June 2006 - 11:35 AM.

I lose at everything but I win at life!
MP3 rotation of me at myspace.com/dorkolossus

#129 Sooperkreep

Sooperkreep

Burnning Collector!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 01:31 PM

Nothing is set in stone Dorkolossus. We are in the process of finishing the translation for the script as well as getting the timing down for the delivery of each line. I'll post some of the transaltions for the female and kid characters up here soon so u can give it a shot.

Actually, Meat is a child at the time of this movie so you may wanna try him out. I have a few lines of dialogue for him posted a page or 2 earlier on this thread.
Check out some of my Custom Action Figures.(Non-UM related.)
http://www.toymania....cc14/ffxi.shtml

http://sooperkreep.deviantart.com/

"I accept cash, credit, checks or your broken bones."
-Checkmate

#130 Checkmate1989

Checkmate1989

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 08:03 PM

I'd also like to fansub the Dragon Ball movies I have...

Edited by Checkmate1989, 08 June 2006 - 08:04 PM.

Posted Image
HEART OF THE SWORD

#131 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 01:30 AM

Checkmate, thanks for starting this thread. It will lead to good things, I believe.

Now piss off with your ideas on Dragon Balls. There's forums out there for Dragon Balls, in all probability.

Go post about Dragon Balls on another forum, and enjoy.

For Me, Make Mine M.U.S.C.L.E. B)
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

#132 Siya the Barracuda

Siya the Barracuda

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 02:46 AM

Checkmate,  thanks for starting this thread.  It will lead to good things, I believe.

Now piss off with your ideas on Dragon Balls.  There's forums out there for Dragon Balls, in all probability.

For Me, Make Mine M.U.S.C.L.E.  B)

;)

Yeah, the Dragonball stuff is kinda annoying, considering this is a Kinnikuman forum.

---

I'd just like to point something out...why are the females of the bored being given female/children roles? Many of the male characters from the 4kids dub have female voice actresses. B) Like Wally, Warsman, Turbinski.

I guess it doesn't matter what gender you are, it's if you can pull off a good accent and be right for the character.

Maybe there should be, I dunno...auditions or something to see who fits each character the best?

Actually...if I were to do a character, I'D LIKE TO DO RAMENMAN!! B) Or Brocken Jr, because I can do a really awesome German accent.

Edited by Siya the Barracuda, 09 June 2006 - 02:49 AM.

#133 Checkmate1989

Checkmate1989

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 05:54 AM

Checkmate, thanks for starting this thread. It will lead to good things, I believe.

Now piss off with your ideas on Dragon Balls. There's forums out there for Dragon Balls, in all probability.

For Me, Make Mine M.U.S.C.L.E. B)

That was very rude, Orgg. :-(
Posted Image
HEART OF THE SWORD

#134 Sooperkreep

Sooperkreep

Burnning Collector!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 07:06 AM

Siya the Barracuda Posted on Jun 9 2006, 02:46 AM
Maybe there should be, I dunno...auditions or something to see who fits each character the best?

There will be an OFFICIAL Auditions thread once the script is finished, Siya. As a matter of fact there are a few auditions posted in this very thread based on the ruff drafts of the translations I posted.

Edited by Sooperkreep, 09 June 2006 - 07:09 AM.

-Checkmate

#135 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Video Games, Drawing comics, Toy collecting, Cartoons, TV shows and movies that would make me laugh for sake of nostalgia, so on ....

Posted 09 June 2006 - 07:58 AM

I'd just like to point something out...why are the females of the bored being given female/children roles? Many of the male characters from the 4kids dub have female voice actresses. B) Like Wally, Warsman, Turbinski.

You refering to Maddie Blaunstein (who does Meowth, Wally and Yugi's grandfather)? According to her in the Serebii forums (a Pokemon forum) she's transgender or something like that.

Besides, it's usually easier for women to do female (doy?) and child voices (but then again, you Trey and Matt doing so in South Park), it all depends on how good you are. If you can do a very good Ramenman or Brocken Jr. to the point that it sounds like a man doing it (no offense) or is believable, then go for it!

#136 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 09:26 AM

Checkmate,  thanks for starting this thread.  It will lead to good things, I believe.

Now piss off with your ideas on Dragon Balls.  There's forums out there for Dragon Balls, in all probability.

For Me, Make Mine M.U.S.C.L.E.  B)

;)

Yeah, the Dragonball stuff is kinda annoying, considering this is a Kinnikuman forum.

---

I guess it doesn't matter what gender you are, it's if you can pull off a good accent and be right for the character.

Actually...if I were to do a character, I'D LIKE TO DO RAMENMAN!! B) Or Brocken Jr, because I can do a really awesome German accent.

Why are the females auditioning for Child/Female roles?

Well, I personally havn't heard any AUDITIONS from females. I've only heard a few of the males on the board audition, including myself.

(I believe I've got Rocky Slab cemented, though, myself. I may try out other characters later.)

((((((And not to get hopes up, but if I can get someone to snail mail me the audio-only from this DVD, and/or a quicktime movie, I MAY be able to do the audio placement for this thing.)))))

Also, Yes, Checkmate, I am occasionally too blunt. I've learned why, though. Search this board for "Autism Test" or "Alan Mask test" and you can, too!

#137 Sooperkreep

Sooperkreep

Burnning Collector!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 11:02 AM

(theorgg Posted on Jun 9 2006, 09:26 AM)
((((((And not to get hopes up, but if I can get someone to snail mail me the audio-only from this DVD, and/or a quicktime movie, I MAY be able to do the audio placement for this thing.)))))

A few questions on that, Theorgg.

Do we intend to keep the existing bgm while overlaying our dubs on it?

Or are we gonna reproduce the bgm to almost 100% accuracy(via whatver music mixer one would be good enuff at or from a Kinniku CD) instead of trying to salvage the original tracks?

Can we capture sfx straight from the original w/little fuss also and re-apply it all according to the animation as we would the voice overs?

-Checkmate

#138 Checkmate1989

Checkmate1989

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 01:37 PM

Okay, when I get home today, I'll audition. The thing is, it's probably gonna have all this static garbage in the BG. Just to let you know, I have the standard MS Sound Recorder, which came with the PC.
Posted Image
HEART OF THE SWORD

#139 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 09:02 PM

(theorgg Posted on Jun 9 2006, 09:26 AM)

A few questions on that, Theorgg.

Do we intend to keep the existing bgm while overlaying our dubs on it?

Or are we gonna reproduce the bgm to almost 100% accuracy(via whatver music mixer one would be good enuff at or from a Kinniku CD) instead of trying to salvage the original tracks?

Can we capture sfx straight from the original w/little fuss also and re-apply it all according to the animation as we would the voice overs?

Here's what I can do with each part, assuming I can get the system to cooperate:

Quicktime Movie file (500MB or less; could be each part of the movie if its not one big continuous file)
Place and Time Compression/Expansion dialog lines to match lip times. This shouldn't be that hard, but will take several hundred dollars of studio time. I may be able to make a deal with the owner of the studio to where he gets half of all profits (with documentation), and if no profits are made, I'm just paying for his electricity ($3/hr for the system).

Sound File (exactly from each section of the movie, or exactly as it needs to be re-put with the audio)

1. Cut all dialog/sfx from the mix, and have a bunch of musical snippits with holes.

2. Try to re-apply and fade each musical repitition to where the music track doesn't sound like it has any holes in it (possible, not probable)

3. If 2 fails, cover the holes the best as possible, then TC/E the 'missing' beats. "Bom Baa Beee(talking)eehaa beeeeeyouuuu" Becomes "Bom Baaaaaaaaaaaaa beeeeyouuuuu" (shouldn't sound THAT bad, honestly.

4. Remove the SFX that don't have vox or music over them, and possibly use them to replace the ones that do have music/vox over them.

This all assumes I can get someone who knows how to 1. Pull high-quality audio streams from the DVD, 2. Convert high-quality DVD movies into low-quality quicktime movies.

#140 Checkmate1989

Checkmate1989

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 06:54 AM

Wait, don't we also have the technology to isolate sounds? Maybe, if you record the entire movie's audio, then separate the music...
Posted Image
HEART OF THE SWORD

#141 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 10:37 PM

The "technology to isolate sounds" isn't avaible to anyone I know of-- not the FBI, CIA, or RCAA; once several tracks (sfx, vox[spoken portions], music, and blending sounds) are mixed down into two (or less) tracks, they cannot be reseparated, as they're one stream of data represented, not a dozen.

You may be thinking of the technique of putting one half of a stereo track which includes a LOT of panning through a phase adjuster, throwing it out of phase, and 'removing' the vocals from a song; this will not work with a movie soundtrack because many more things than lead vocals are panned to the center of the track; the music and sound effects are probably also panned dead center. Most of the time, panning is only used quickly and for a special effect in a movie-- most movie soundtracks are mixed in mono.

Waveform Sound Files (digital audio files) are based on a graph that uses points that the speakers then 'trace' to find the audio wave that it represents. If you have two things 'bounced' into one file, then each of those waveforms has combined to form a single waveform. Thus, separating a sound is not possible (or at least not possible without VERY high-tech equipment that isn't known to actually EXIST.)

#142 MissMothra

MissMothra

[Moth] the [Machine]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts
  • Interests:I like: Gazelleman, Buffaloman, Transformers, harlequins, Marvel comics, Joker, Watchmen, guro, music, drawing, hacky-sack, Nidoking, mechs in general, warm blankets, Coca Cola, AVP, Godzilla movies, Gamera movies, rendering artwork, cosplaying<br /><br />I hate: yaoi, Naruto, Kingdom Hearts, rap/hip-hop, Future Trunks, baked beans, Mudkips, Hanna Montana, Twilight, lots of other things..<br /><br />Got a problem? Too bad. Run along now.

Posted 12 July 2006 - 04:34 AM

Eh... I was gonna audition for Natsuko, but I think my voice doesn't sound.... oh... what's the word.... "girly" enough. ^^; I sound like a pinhead. XD
Posted Image

AND THE MAN IN THE BACK SAID EVERYONE ATTACK AND IT TURNED INTO A BALLROOM BLITZ!

#143 Checkmate1989

Checkmate1989

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 06:38 AM

Just lighten your voice.
Posted Image
HEART OF THE SWORD

#144 MissMothra

MissMothra

[Moth] the [Machine]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts
  • Interests:I like: Gazelleman, Buffaloman, Transformers, harlequins, Marvel comics, Joker, Watchmen, guro, music, drawing, hacky-sack, Nidoking, mechs in general, warm blankets, Coca Cola, AVP, Godzilla movies, Gamera movies, rendering artwork, cosplaying<br /><br />I hate: yaoi, Naruto, Kingdom Hearts, rap/hip-hop, Future Trunks, baked beans, Mudkips, Hanna Montana, Twilight, lots of other things..<br /><br />Got a problem? Too bad. Run along now.

Posted 12 July 2006 - 09:35 AM

If I did, I'd sound like a gay guy. XD Perhaps I could play Nachugaron.... or however you spell that kid's name? XD *remembers seeing a topic about him/her/it*
Posted Image

AND THE MAN IN THE BACK SAID EVERYONE ATTACK AND IT TURNED INTO A BALLROOM BLITZ!

#145 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 11:19 AM

Nachi, Skullduggery, or one of Doc and Mac's San Franciscan cousins could use a queer-sounding voice. The last two are quite flaming.

#146 Checkmate1989

Checkmate1989

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 11:25 AM

I know of a website with Toei sound effects.

Here.

Punches 1-4 are just generic punches. Punches 5 and 6 are for the HARD blows. For moves like the Kinniku Buster, though, I dunno what sound to use. The "hit ground," maybe? :D

Edited by Checkmate1989, 12 July 2006 - 11:28 AM.

Posted Image
HEART OF THE SWORD

#147 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 10:25 AM

First off, legally we cannot use those without permission, and no release is included on the website; if you can contact the person with the website and get their free release, then there's a few that can be used. They don't sound that great, but the punch 1-4 are modifiable. The rest just arn't the style that Kinnikuman goes for or have too high of a distortion ratio.

#148 Checkmate1989

Checkmate1989

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 02:45 PM

I could've sworn I heard one of them in the 2nd Kinnikuman intro...
Posted Image
HEART OF THE SWORD

#149 Checkmate1989

Checkmate1989

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 10:38 AM

Oh, I think that Akuma Shogun should sound something like Black Doom from Shadow the Hedgehog (I'll try to get a digital mike today, too.)
Posted Image
HEART OF THE SWORD

#150 Siya the Barracuda

Siya the Barracuda

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 11:51 AM

I think Akuma Shogun should sound like General Grievous.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com