• Please log in to reply
259 replies to this topic

#151 ScreaminDemon

ScreaminDemon

Cyber Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts , Laser Beasts , Beastformers , Shadow Warriors , War Monsters and any other variations of Battle Beasts including Beast Saga. Transformer decoys.

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:22 PM

Dude all of your customs kick ass!!!
Demon

#152 b00sted

b00sted

The b00sted One!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Interests:Mega Bloks
    Battle Beasts
    Battlefield Heroes
    Android Modding

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:26 PM

I cant wait to see what you come up with on mine :D
Posted Image

#153 Clawfreak

Clawfreak

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1993 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:56 PM

Damn Rick!! glad to see you are still at it bro, I will holla soon. I need to get you those other Glyos for you to do man.

#154 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:06 AM

That Zulli turtle is amazing~! so awesome.

#155 Rjdragon

Rjdragon

Kaiju King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:40 PM

here's a couple of mini's i customized and are available FOR SALE here
http://www.littlerubberguys.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=125314

Toy Story...the afterlife
Posted Image
Posted Image

Me want :D

#156 PlasticPlayhouse

PlasticPlayhouse

Mr. SparkleTits

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • Interests:TMNT, m.u.s.c.l.e., GPK's, Classic NES, Transformers...pretty much anything pop-culture related from the 80's & 90's

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:25 AM

here's some new customs...

painted the ram to resemble the classic BB figure.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
with custom paintd weapons on the side
Posted Image

did some retouches to the paint
Posted Image
Posted Image
Want to commission me to customize your m.u.s.c.l.e. or any other figure??? then click the link below for further info and message (PM) me if interested :)

http://www.littlerubberguys.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=69686&pid=351254&st=0&#entry351254

#157 Jackson

Jackson

Mondo Brawndo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1073 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:06 AM

Man those look sweet!

#158 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1855 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:08 AM

Looks like one of my 2012 Projects it close to completion.
Awesome job again Rick, and the update on the Chameleon turned out perfectly, unrealistic real like a true chameleon!

This is the work of a true master painter, thanks a lot.

And again you managed to even make the DST figs looking worth while guess you'll make someone very happy with that Ram as well :)
But seriously does he wear high heels!?
LOL

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#159 b00sted

b00sted

The b00sted One!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Interests:Mega Bloks
    Battle Beasts
    Battlefield Heroes
    Android Modding

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:35 AM

One by one my thowback DST BB set will be completed haha
Posted Image

#160 PlasticPlayhouse

PlasticPlayhouse

Mr. SparkleTits

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • Interests:TMNT, m.u.s.c.l.e., GPK's, Classic NES, Transformers...pretty much anything pop-culture related from the 80's & 90's

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:27 PM

here's some more tmnt goodness.
ever since i first saw the designes for the new TMNT toon (especially the toys) i had a gut feeling that the designer was heavily influenced by Ross Campbell's art. Ross has been drawing his turtles in a similar maner since at least 2007 when he did the incredible covers for "Raphael: Bad Moon Rising" for Mirage. withouth doing a complete overhaul (like i did with my last Campbell custom), i wanted to mod a few things to highlight the likeness. i based the colors and style off Ross' most recent works in which he has been doing a lot of colored masks and pupils. this is only my second ever group customization of the turtles. my firs and most likely only of a particular artist's rendition group shot. hope you guys enjoy :)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Stay down, punk!
Posted Image
Want to commission me to customize your m.u.s.c.l.e. or any other figure??? then click the link below for further info and message (PM) me if interested :)

http://www.littlerubberguys.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=69686&pid=351254&st=0&#entry351254

#161 luke314pi

luke314pi

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:36 AM

Very nice paint work!

#162 PlasticPlayhouse

PlasticPlayhouse

Mr. SparkleTits

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:38 PM

here's a few more mini's that i painted up. a he-man and skeletor set (no i'm not making all the others again. just these two :D )
Posted Image
Posted Image

and these custom painted Gogos. they stand between 1 and 1-1/4 inches tall. i call them the HazBros.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

the Gogos (HazBros) set is for sale if anyone is interested. the set of three is $23 shipped. PM me if you're interested :)

Edited by PlasticPlayhouse, 10 September 2012 - 04:38 AM.

#163 KingJefferson

KingJefferson

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:19 AM

here's a few more mini's that i painted up. a he-man and skeletor set (no i'm not making all the others again. just these two :D )
Posted Image
Posted Image

and these custom painted Gogos. they stand between 1 and 1-1/4 inches tall. i call them the HazBros.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

the Gogos (HazBros) set is for sale if anyone is interested. the set of three is $32 shipped. PM me if you're interested :)

Just a quick question what paint are u using to paint the muscles?

cool-monkey-drummer.gif

#164 PlasticPlayhouse

PlasticPlayhouse

Mr. SparkleTits

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:47 AM

i use testors and citadel acrylic paints.

#165 PlasticPlayhouse

PlasticPlayhouse

Mr. SparkleTits

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:06 PM

as many of you can tell from looking at my thread, i love TMNT...so here's more :D

i've always been a huge fan of Campbell's Mirage turtles. this custom is based off of Ross' Raphael: Bad Moon Rising cover (some of my all time fav cover art!) i originally wanted to have raph crouched on a tree limb, but the articulation in the nick figures cant come any were close to that and i didnt want to make the figure from scratch, soooo this is what i came up with :)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

ref art
Posted Image
Posted Image

here are a couple of commissions i've completed lately

Critter-paint and customized egg. the egg doesnt open, but it looks good displayed next to the lil' guy. the egg wasnt part of the commission, i just made it because i wanted to. *it has been SOLD*. pm me if interested.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Monzira (ManZilla) is coming!!!
i wanted to homage godzilla with his colors. his back spines are lite up as he charges up for his atomic breath attack.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by PlasticPlayhouse, 01 September 2012 - 05:14 PM.

#166 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

FKA: uoozuman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts
  • Interests:http://nama-niku.blogspot.com/

Posted 01 September 2012 - 05:20 PM

Nama approved :thumbsup:
Posted Image

#167 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22194 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:01 AM

Plastic, your Punch Out customs are featured int he new Tyson's Punch Out book on Kickstarter:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1607016995/pixel-perfect-mike-tysons-punch-out

Posted Image

I wonder if the creator is the guy who commissioned them from you?

#168 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I'm all about mono mini sculpts! , I also like long walks on the beach and wearing G-Strings in the privacy of my home.

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:23 PM

you my friend are th real deal, Your stuff is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shok:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#169 PlasticPlayhouse

PlasticPlayhouse

Mr. SparkleTits

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:32 AM

Plastic, your Punch Out customs are featured int he new Tyson's Punch Out book on Kickstarter:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1607016995/pixel-perfect-mike-tysons-punch-out

Posted Image

I wonder if the creator is the guy who commissioned them from you?

whaaaa?!?! no one commissioned them. when i originally made them, i made them out of love for the game. i did sell them later to a client i have been dealing with for a few years. its kinda hard to tell, but those pics look like the pics i took. Other than Nintendo Power magazine, no one has asked me to publish my pics. not that i really care, but it would have been nice. now i'm curious. i'll have to look into this.

#170 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:57 PM

They don't really have permission for anything in that book. Their plan was to get the kickstarter funded THEN go and get the rights from nintendo to actually make it. I guess it makes sense not to pay a grip of money for the rights only to have the kickstarter fail afterwards.

Either way you should go yell at them ^_^

#171 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10729 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:29 PM

They don't really have permission for anything in that book. Their plan was to get the kickstarter funded THEN go and get the rights from nintendo to actually make it. I guess it makes sense not to pay a grip of money for the rights only to have the kickstarter fail afterwards.

Either way you should go yell at them ^_^

I vote "Blanket Party".
www.deadbirdtoys.com
Any social media: @bad_luck_jimmy

#172 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

FANtom-2-da-Core/Conceptor/Scanner/Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:39 PM

whaaaa?!?! no one commissioned them. when i originally made them, i made them out of love for the game. i did sell them later to a client i have been dealing with for a few years. its kinda hard to tell, but those pics look like the pics i took. Other than Nintendo Power magazine, no one has asked me to publish my pics. not that i really care, but it would have been nice. now i'm curious. i'll have to look into this.

Why would you ever sell those fantastic works? You should of went to Nintendo and offered to break each figure down for molding and have them mass produced and get a cut. If not, you should of got there permission to do it yourself. Those figures are really sellable to Nintendo fans, boxing fans, and kids in general. I really think they are some of the most impressive custom action figures based on a video game I ever seen. Sorry to hear your getting shafted due credit.
What I like to collect (click below)
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

All toys came from the original One Toy :p

#173 PlasticPlayhouse

PlasticPlayhouse

Mr. SparkleTits

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:16 PM

I emailed the guy and he's pretty cool. He made this whole book out of love for the game. He did his best to credit people but sourcing fan works is not always the easiest thing. He did credit me in a way...he credited my old handle (Fugazi) but he did ask if I'd rather him use my real name and I said yeah. The book looks awesome and I'd love to own a copu, but at $125 that's a little steep for a $20 book. But since there's only 200, it is what it is.

#174 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:18 PM

Demand a free copy!

Or a free e-book version.

#175 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:45 PM

Cuz you can stop the printing of the book or have the kickstarter stopped...

maybe i don't know but yeah a free copy might ease the pain.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com