ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:02 PM

I saw that this went on eBay recently, and was wondering if it was purchased by a member here? I assume that most of us here have never heard it and I know I'm curious to hear what's on this thing.

An mp3 rip of the audio would be an excellent idea for archival purposes (cassette tapes don't last forever). Plus, I'm sure the file would be very warmly welcomed by the Beastformers community here. :teehee:

#2 yaggi482

yaggi482

Serious Collector

• 460 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:05 PM

I'd also love to hear what is on the tape. It's a pretty rare piece and I'm surprised it only went for $30; forgot to bid on it myself. I've only seen 3-4 ever surface for sale.

#3 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:40 PM

I wanted to bid on it, but I couldn't this paycheck. If anyone on the board bought this tape, or if anyone else already owns this tape, I could help with archiving this tape. I work and teach at Columbia College in Chicago in the film department. I already asked the folks over in the audio department, and they are willing to let me borrow some of their equipment that would allow me to make professional grade audio files of this cassette tape. If anyone is interested, pm me!

#4 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

FANtom-2-da-Core/Conceptor/Scanner/Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:07 PM

I wanted to bid on it, but I couldn't this paycheck. If anyone on the board bought this tape, or if anyone else already owns this tape, I could help with archiving this tape. I work and teach at Columbia College in Chicago in the film department. I already asked the folks over in the audio department, and they are willing to let me borrow some of their equipment that would allow me to make professional grade audio files of this cassette tape. If anyone is interested, pm me!

If I'd known that I would of been more inclined to bid on it myself. It's a shame many collector's have rare BB pieces, yet don't really want to share them with the community by providing digital versions of them. I guess that would be viewed in the eye of the collector as devaluing there rare items, but I don't really think that it does.
What I like to collect (click below)
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

All toys came from the original One Toy :p

#5 Skullcruncher

Skullcruncher

Transformer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:55 PM

What did the tape originally come with? Was it sealed on a card?

If I'd known that I would of been more inclined to bid on it myself. It's a shame many collector's have rare BB pieces, yet don't really want to share them with the community by providing digital versions of them. I guess that would be viewed in the eye of the collector as devaluing there rare items, but I don't really think that it does.

Yeah it seems to happen in many collecting communities, collectors pay good $ for an item then pack them away never to be seem again. Its their choice but they can always watermark the photos so everyone knows where it has come from. It benefits the community(which they are a part of) and the could even increase the price for items as more collectors would learn about it and be keen to purchase the same item in the future.

#6 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:16 AM

Honnestly when you see the feedback you get for sharing informations, pics or digital version of rare items you are not really inclined to continue. I don't mean money reward but just a little bit of gratitude.

#7 Skullcruncher

Skullcruncher

Transformer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:12 AM

Honnestly when you see the feedback you get for sharing informations, pics or digital version of rare items you are not really inclined to continue. I don't mean money reward but just a little bit of gratitude.

Understand this - As a transformer collector I only post photos of them where they will get some appreciation! Some boards/groups just dont give a crap. With the BB community being quite small you would hope everyone is reasonably civil to each other and encouraging others to share. In saying that I've unwittingly annoyed a couple of members here who have been BB collectors alot longer with my newbie questions and observations, but it just reflects their narrow minds really.

Edited by Skullcruncher, 11 February 2013 - 02:13 AM.

#8 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:43 AM

Understand this - As a transformer collector I only post photos of them where they will get some appreciation! Some boards/groups just dont give a crap. With the BB community being quite small you would hope everyone is reasonably civil to each other and encouraging others to share. In saying that I've unwittingly annoyed a couple of members here who have been BB collectors alot longer with my newbie questions and observations, but it just reflects their narrow minds really.

I love to share stuff. It is what makes this Toy so awesome. I am just not on a lot anymore, due to my job. Or I forget I have something that is really cool, that a lot of the new members have not seen.

Oh, I am sending you a PM Skullcruncher.

WhiteLeo

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#9 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:47 AM

What do you mean lord? Do you mean that in your experience members don't give enough thanks or appreciation to people who share these things, or have you received negative comments from collectors who feel they shouldn't be shared?

I share as much as possible especially when it comes to simple things that can be shared digitally because as mentioned, this is a relatively small collecting community compared to some other series and it needs it in my opinion. From my experience I've always gotten at least a few people who thank me for my contributions (though I've only been here for a few months, so they aren't that numerous yet; I have a few things in the works to share in the upcoming weeks though). If it's the latter and people have complained to you for sharing images or other content from rare items, then I don't really understand that perspective at all. That's just a selfish mindset.

I guess we can assume that whoever bought it either isn't an active member (or a member at all), or isn't inclined to share the content. Ahh well, it's just sad to know that it was sold on eBay by a member of the community without first being documented. :(

Edited by bachamn, 11 February 2013 - 09:54 AM.

#10 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:51 AM

What did the tape originally come with? Was it sealed on a card?

From what I've heard elsewhere, the tape might have been packaged with some sort of storybook and is likely an audio companion to the story. I remember there being quite a few of these book/cassette combos back in the day for He-Man and other lines, so it's likely, but I've not seen any confirmation of this anywhere.

#11 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:18 PM

I share as much as possible

This couldn't be more true about this man. Hardly know'em but I know that he is definitely good on his word in this respect, just look at those BS decals!
<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#12 Skullcruncher

Skullcruncher

Transformer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:33 PM

From what I've heard elsewhere, the tape might have been packaged with some sort of storybook and is likely an audio companion to the story. I remember there being quite a few of these book/cassette combos back in the day for He-Man and other lines, so it's likely, but I've not seen any confirmation of this anywhere.

That makes sense, I too have seem plently of MOTU and Transformer audio cassettes/books from the mid/late 80's - hopefully one day we can find a image of it in its original packaging - it might have some cool artwork or include some more info about the BB story!

Anyone ever thought of a BB Wiki? There is some info over on http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Beastformers but they might not like it if seperate BB articles start showing up! http://www.littlerub...easts/index.cfm is great start but its more of a image base rather than detailing the story.

#13 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:42 PM

What do you mean lord? Do you mean that in your experience members don't give enough thanks or appreciation to people who share these things, or have you received negative comments from collectors who feel they shouldn't be shared?

I share as much as possible especially when it comes to simple things that can be shared digitally because as mentioned, this is a relatively small collecting community compared to some other series and it needs it in my opinion. From my experience I've always gotten at least a few people who thank me for my contributions (though I've only been here for a few months, so they aren't that numerous yet; I have a few things in the works to share in the upcoming weeks though). If it's the latter and people have complained to you for sharing images or other content from rare items, then I don't really understand that perspective at all. That's just a selfish mindset.

I guess we can assume that whoever bought it either isn't an active member (or a member at all), or isn't inclined to share the content. Ahh well, it's just sad to know that it was sold on eBay by a member of the community without first being documented. :(

I used to share everything with the BB community (Greek beast discovery, pics of the "god beasts", pics of rare catalogs like the pre toy fair 1988, etc). For exemple years ago I sent my complete european shields set to Marty so he could make duplicates of them in order to make them available easily. I just asked him to not make them in the exact same color than the original because I didn't want this customs to be sold as original to new collectors. In the same time Lee's was collecting information for their guides so Marty sent them clear pics of the shields. He asked them to just add my name as a contributor. You can read the guide and read it again my name is not included. Recently I have shared pics of the first Beast Saga prototypes. Those pics have been used in many blog or toys related site but no words about their origin. I took time to take the pics, to make them clear enough, to uppload them so I think that people who used them could take some time to just add a small thanks.

Now I still share every news and information I found about the BB or BS lines as long as I found them as a digital version. I may have to keep some information for myself when they are confidential but you can be sure that I will post them here as soon as possible.

I hope that you will understand my feeling about all of this even with my bad english.

#14 mca19

mca19

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Interests:Mainly Battle Beasts/Laser Beasts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:55 AM

I used to share everything with the BB community (Greek beast discovery, pics of the "god beasts", pics of rare catalogs like the pre toy fair 1988, etc). For exemple years ago I sent my complete european shields set to Marty so he could make duplicates of them in order to make them available easily. I just asked him to not make them in the exact same color than the original because I didn't want this customs to be sold as original to new collectors. In the same time Lee's was collecting information for their guides so Marty sent them clear pics of the shields. He asked them to just add my name as a contributor. You can read the guide and read it again my name is not included. Recently I have shared pics of the first Beast Saga prototypes. Those pics have been used in many blog or toys related site but no words about their origin. I took time to take the pics, to make them clear enough, to uppload them so I think that people who used them could take some time to just add a small thanks.

Now I still share every news and information I found about the BB or BS lines as long as I found them as a digital version. I may have to keep some information for myself when they are confidential but you can be sure that I will post them here as soon as possible.

I hope that you will understand my feeling about all of this even with my bad english.

I understand perfectly and appreciate anyone and everyone that contributes here. I know I've shared the annual with the help of White Leo and the 4 comics were already shared or else I would've scanned those as well. I think an audio mp3 or whatever of the cassette would be nice. I'm wondering if the spelling threw off the price "casette" or if it was just not a lot of interest in it. So nobody has heard the cassette or knows what it says? If someone makes an audio file, I bet enough people would contribute a buck or two to make it worth their time.

Don't know if Jay or someone has one they'd let someone use, but it would be cool if that happened.

#15 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:08 AM

For exemple years ago I sent my complete european shields set to Marty so he could make duplicates of them in order to make them available easily. I just asked him to not make them in the exact same color than the original because I didn't want this customs to be sold as original to new collectors. In the same time Lee's was collecting information for their guides so Marty sent them clear pics of the shields. He asked them to just add my name as a contributor. You can read the guide and read it again my name is not included.

Marty contacted me after I posted in someone else's thread asking about repro Shield Battler stickers and told me part of that collaboration story, I think because he thought I might be trying to steal his idea to reproduce and sell them, but I didn't know that they were also submitted to Lee's Review! :mellow: Even though I've not been here as long as a lot of you, I've been collecting Beastformers for as long as any of us, and I can tell without a doubt that you are one of the leading sources of information for the community. I was following your dragonautes2010 blog months before I even visited LRG..

I think it sucks that Lee's didn't give you credit when they repeatedly credited the image of Skull Grotess (did anyone else notice that the editor was kind of popping a tent for Skull Grotess in this guide? ;) ), and honestly I know how this feels as I currently work for a public university and have contributed hundreds of photos to publications and never been credited for any of my work that has been published. This is of course due to the university's claim employee-generated media, but the feeling of seeing your contributions being appreciated and capitalized upon yet not even receiving recognition is a crappy thing.

For what it's worth though man, I have a lot of respect for you and appreciation for the contributions you have given to this community of collectors. I'm sure many others on here who either simply aren't aware of the role you've played, or just aren't reading this thread because they aren't interested in a discussion about the BB cassette tape who would say the same. If you feel discouraged or inclined not to do it anymore, that's understandable, but just remember that there are lots of guys out there like those of us posting here that thank you for all of your efforts and would know significantly less about the line without you. :)

Edited by bachamn, 12 February 2013 - 10:12 AM.

#16 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:14 AM

Don't know if Jay or someone has one they'd let someone use...

:lol:

#17 retroactive80z

retroactive80z

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1237 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, Fake Battle Beasts, Custom Battle beasts.
    BATTLE BEASTS ROCK AND SO DO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:23 AM

Hey guys I'm the one who sold it and I was very supprised how little it had gone for.
I have sent it to Hawie but I have some good news I have a second one lol. So give me your adress and ill let you borrow it and make a Mp3 of it for all to here. It's about time I give a little something back to you guys if enough of you want to here it. Let me know thanks. J

#18 retroactive80z

retroactive80z

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1237 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, Fake Battle Beasts, Custom Battle beasts.

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:25 AM

Not sure what Bachamn means by that video.

#19 Onyxiaphil

Onyxiaphil

Starcaller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • Interests:Transformers
    Battle Beasts
    Armorvors
    Nintendo
    Everything custom
    Poutine & Bacon

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:25 AM

Hey guys I'm the one who sold it and I was very supprised how little it had gone for.
I have sent it to Hawie but I have some good news I have a second one lol. So give me your adress and ill let you borrow it and make a Mp3 of it for all to here. It's about time I give a little something back to you guys if enough of you want to here it. Let me know thanks. J

:woot: :yahoo: :banana: :yahoo: :bunny: :yahoo:

#20 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:52 AM

Not sure what Bachamn means by that video.

Well see, what Bart is trying to say is that the 'irony is delicious'. Lisa corrects him, yet he doesn't understand that the malapropism he has committed is in itself, a little bit ironic. ;)

Really though man, it was just ironic to me that mca19 was asking if you particularly had a copy you could share, since at the time I didn't realize you had another one in addition to the one that you had just sold. The fact that you're willing to send it to someone else to record and share with the community is a very respectable thing to do though, so thanks for that! :)

#21 retroactive80z

retroactive80z

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1237 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:14 PM

Yea I'm working on sending it out to my mate. As long as I get it back I don't mind paying for the postage for everybody to have a giggle.

#22 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:14 PM

What's it going to cost to ship? If everybody chipped in a buck that would likely cover the cost of getting it there and back. I'm interested in hearing what's on the tape, and also for the sake of making sure it lasts forever. I would greatly appreciate the effort to digitize this.
<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#23 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

FANtom-2-da-Core/Conceptor/Scanner/Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:32 PM

koppenschevelle would be the one to mail the tape too, since he can get the proper equipement to make a high-grade MP3 out of it. I hope your around koppenschevelle, you should contact retroactive80z immediately.

I hope this get's done. Because, that tape is exclusive US/UK story content. None of it comes from Japan just like the comics, annuals and coloring books are all exclusive English products within Battle Beasts not Beastformers.
What I like to collect (click below)
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

All toys came from the original One Toy :p

#24 Skullcruncher

Skullcruncher

Transformer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:00 PM

Wow thats awesome, thanks! Looking forward to this.

#25 mca19

mca19

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Interests:Mainly Battle Beasts/Laser Beasts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:59 AM

Yeah, I figured Jay wouldn't sell his only copy, especially for $30. But I understand if people don't want to send their stuff away without 100% guarantee that they'll get it back - here's looking at you postal service.

Jay, that's an awesome gesture, that's what I love about these boards.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com