87 replies to this topic

#26 Red Marauder

Red Marauder

Mild, Medium, or Extra Nerdy?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:50 AM

Then forget the US Postal. I hope I'm not the only one who would contribute several dollars to see it handled by the capable people at UPS, which, as everyone knows, is more expensive but more reliable.
Preaching the depraved sermons given to us from the heavy metal gods!!!

#27 retroactive80z

retroactive80z

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1237 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, Fake Battle Beasts, Custom Battle beasts.
    BATTLE BEASTS ROCK AND SO DO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:26 PM

Hey guys we've been having a good chat and ill be sending him some stuff anyway in the next week or so. The tape will go in the box also so we can have a right giggle about it together. It may take a little time but it will be well worth it.
Thanks for the offer on the $ but you lads keep it.
I've sold so many BB and LB and bought lots to that this will be my way of giving something back to you all.

The buyer has still not paid for the tape so it looks like at the mo I may still have one for sale. I'm just afraid after we actually here what is on the tape nobody will want it as I'm positive it's going to be really bad lol.

#28 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:33 PM

The buyer has still not paid for the tape so it looks like at the mo I may still have one for sale. I'm just afraid after we actually here what is on the tape nobody will want it as I'm positive it's going to be really bad lol.

It all depends what you're asking for it, buddy!
<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#29 Coelocanth

Coelocanth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Interests:...

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:44 PM

Yeah, I'm curious why everyone is so curious what's on it. ;)

#30 mca19

mca19

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Interests:Mainly Battle Beasts/Laser Beasts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:02 AM

Coelocanth -
I am always curious about things I didn't know existed. For instance the extra large coloring books. No clue that they were available, but they look awesome. And the pee soaked sleeping bag....wait, no that one I am not in the least bit curious about. But I think it will be a good addition to this site to have the Comics, Annual, and now the tape all on here. I wish someone could get the UK comics scanned, I'd love to see them too.

Jay-
I agree it will be horrible. But hopefully your buyer pays up or someone offers you more that $30 for it. I can't imagine there's a huge demand, but with the money people throw at Battle Beasts on ebay, I am surprised it went so low. And I know I and others that have shared on here don't always get their appreciation, so I want to say thanks for doing this. I personally don't have a desire to own the original tape, but I'm very curious as to what it is and what it says. If it's in Japanese, German, Hebrew, who knows. But I appreciate you sharing it.

#31 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:39 AM

so I want to say thanks for doing this. I personally don't have a desire to own the original tape, but I'm very curious as to what it is and what it says. If it's in Japanese, German, Hebrew, who knows. But I appreciate you sharing it.

This.
<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#32 retroactive80z

retroactive80z

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1237 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, Fake Battle Beasts, Custom Battle beasts.

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:41 PM

Its in English we know that for sure. I will keep you lads posted on it thanks. Jay

#33 Zion808

Zion808

Wrath of God

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:04 PM

So apparently I was the one who won this auction. I had no idea that I won until I was notified by ebay today- in which I immediately sent payment.
The weird thing is that I put in a bid, and as I watched the final seconds of the auction, I noticed there were some bids that went in. But after the
auction ended, I wasnt alerted with "congratulations" or the "payment" option that usually happens after you win. Which is strange. Did anyone else
on the board experience any thing similar to this in the past? I also had an instance where I "won" an auction, yet when I went to send payment, I was alerted
that I recieved this in error, and could not send payment due to another person winning the item with a higher bid. Anyway had I known that I had won
it, I would have more than happy to send the tape to get digitalized and put here on the board, as I too have always wanted to solve this cassette mystery.
If for whatever reason we are unable to get a good recording from the tape that Jay sends, I am more than willing to send mines as long as I get it back.

-Zion

#34 retroactive80z

retroactive80z

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1237 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:25 PM

It's ok mate you sent payment in the end that's all that matters. J

#35 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

FANtom-2-da-Core/Conceptor/Scanner/Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:23 PM

So did this ever get done? I would thought an mp3 would be made available by now.
What I like to collect (click below)
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

All toys came from the original One Toy :p

#36 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1852 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:45 PM

B U M P

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#37 mca19

mca19

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:54 AM

Did this ever get done?

#38 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:55 AM

So did this ever get done? I would thought an mp3 would be made available by now.

B U M P

Did this ever get done?

Posted Image

:confused:

Edited by bachamn, 25 April 2013 - 08:58 AM.

#39 Onyxiaphil

Onyxiaphil

Starcaller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • Interests:Transformers
    Battle Beasts
    Armorvors
    Nintendo
    Everything custom
    Poutine & Bacon

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:26 AM

Here it is

Battle Beasts Cassette.wav

#40 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:07 PM

Here it is

Battle Beasts Cassette.wav

YESSSSSSSS.

Too tired to listen to it now. But TOMORROW.
<p> </p>
<p>

#41 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:49 PM

YESSSSSSSS.

Too tired to listen to it now. But TOMORROW.

xD, tricked ya.
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

#42 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:21 AM

xD, tricked ya.

That's a cruel joke to play on a man after a 12 hour shift.
<p> </p>
<p>

#43 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:41 AM

There's only one solution...

Posted Image
Stecasse King by ridureyu1, on Flickr

Edited by Ridureyu, 26 April 2013 - 08:43 AM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#44 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:10 PM

There's only one solution...

Posted Image
Stecasse King by ridureyu1, on Flickr

Outdated technology solves nothing!
<p> </p>
<p>

#45 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:46 PM

so ever going to happen? probably not.

Spoiler
-Walter Benjamin

#46 retroactive80z

retroactive80z

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1237 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:19 PM

Sorry guys I've had way more important things going on like having my first baby girl.
Sorry if a tape recording of a battle beast story is so important to you Bachamn but to me family is more important.

Let me know who you guys want it sent to and as long as they are a respected member I'll get it sent out.
Then everybody can have a copy apart from Bachamn.

#47 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:30 PM

To be far to Jay, we had already been talking a while ago (probably last Dec maybe) about having him send out the cassette tape to me to be digitized. I have an entire audio department at my disposal that is willing to help me get the cleanest quality transfer while also taking the utmost care while handling the tape. (A cassette tape that hasn't been opened or run in 25+ years is going to be pretty brittle for most cassette players). I had done several customs for Jay last winter, and he was planning on having me make some more customs for him. He was just going to send out the tape to me along with the figures/materials for the customs to save on shipping. However, I had several other projects (other customs along with professional film projects) that I had to finish first before I started working on more customs for him.

So even though it seems like things have been forgotten about, they haven't. Jay was very upfront and willing to send me the tape along with the figures needed for the new customs. Just things have been a little bit slow about getting those customs going.

I still plan on doing more customs for Jay if he's still looking for customs to be made, so either we can wait until then, or if people would rather have it done sooner, Jay seems willing to send it to someone immediately to have a transfer made. Either way, it will happen. I just wanted to make sure everyone knew that there were indeed plans for the tape, and that Jay wasn't using it for any other purpose other than getting a digital version out to the community. It just has taken a little bit longer than initially expected.

#48 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:48 PM

Burn. And did not mean to downvote you, Koppen. (Man I hate that you can't take back downvotes.)

What is a downvote?

#49 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:02 PM

He's referring to the little +rep button in the corner. It's easy to accidentally click vote down instead of vote up, and not possible to undo. And since I was too preoccupied to remember to mention it in the last post, thank you for offering your time and facilities to take on this endeavor.

#50 mca19

mca19

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:22 AM

This is what makes guys like Koppenschevelle needed on these forums.  If I owned the tape I would've thrown it in a 1990's cassette player and tried to record it with a microphone off the speakers of my computer.  Then I'd hit my computer like Zoolander and try to get the files out of the computer.  To have people that are not only willing to help, but actually know what they are doing is a great thing. 

If this ever gets done, I think it will be a great addition to the forums.  I would also love to see the addition of the two UK specials comics and things of that nature that aren't easily accessible on the market. 

Please keep moving forward on this project, I and obviously several others would greatly appreciate it. 

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com