Whew! Thank you macod0shus!!

#52 deano9

deano9

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 04:40 PM

Can we get a full group shot of all of them in one big tribe!!!?

#53 Exactobeast

Exactobeast

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 10:17 AM

I'll definitely work on that soon. Still have roughly 50-60 unseen though.

#54 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 22 February 2016 - 02:45 AM

How in the heck do you have so many figures to paint!!?!

#55 Exactobeast

Exactobeast

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 04:48 AM

Say I need a shark or panther or whatever.  Usually, I find it's more cost effective to buy a random mixed lot of guys off ebay then search for them individually.  Why buy a shark for $8, when I can get him in a lot of 7 for $18.  Also, I very unexpectedly won an amazing auction last year of 77 beasts for $150 the very same day I won another more reasonable 17 for $45.  I really only wanted to win one of these, but customs really became the silver lining. 

#56 Exactobeast

Exactobeast

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 07:49 AM

Macod0shus Vol II

Attached File  image1.JPG   64.05K   6 downloads

Gecko

Attached File  Gecko.png   299.57K   15 downloadsAttached File  image2.JPG   46.57K   21 downloadsAttached File  image3.JPG   43.93K   14 downloads

Fairly straightforward lizard modification.  Added a kangaroo tail and shaved down some skunk arms to get the look while also carving out and moving the original eyes. 

Quail

Attached File  Quail.png   377.27K   10 downloadsAttached File  image5.JPG   45.33K   10 downloadsAttached File  image6.JPG   46.24K   9 downloadsAttached File  image7.JPG   41.89K   4 downloads

Colonel bird head, hawk wires, skunk body, hawk arms, and owl wings= Quail.

Seagull

Attached File  Seagull.png   110.53K   6 downloadsAttached File  image8.JPG   50.9K   12 downloadsAttached File  image10.JPG   40.62K   9 downloadsAttached File  image11.JPG   49K   4 downloads

For whatever reason, I really have the worst lipstick red and pure white paints and they require a real shellacking to have a non splotchy color, which then leads to repeated clunkier coats, which therefore leads to a blah paint job.  Anyways, Seagull is a shaved down hawk head, an orangutan torso, jaguar legs, mouse arms, and colonel bird wings.  The gun is actually from a Russian battle beasts weapon.

Dolphin

Attached File  Dolphin.png   257.01K   5 downloadsAttached File  image15.JPG   42.75K   16 downloadsAttached File  image16.JPG   37.83K   19 downloadsAttached File  Dolphin back.JPG   43.07K   9 downloads

Dolphin is tapir body, rabbit arms with shark leg fins, and ..... MYSTERY HEAD.  Any thoughts or guesses as to which beast the head is originally from??? Does anyone even read captions???  Macod0shus asked me to take some process pics so I can actually show how I made this and I will, once someone guesses correctly.

Seal

Attached File  Seal.png   306.53K   9 downloadsAttached File  image12.JPG   44.03K   18 downloadsAttached File  image13.JPG   34.54K   15 downloadsAttached File  image14.JPG   37.81K   7 downloads

I feel like my poor camerawork isn't doing this guy justice, but he ended up being my favorite of this group.  I really feel like he captured the design challenge. Seal is boar legs, pig torso, beaver arms, and a shaved down rabbit head.  Once I saw a semblance or seal in the original rabbit, everything really started coming together.

#57 Exactobeast

Exactobeast

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 07:53 AM

And so that wraps up the Macod0shus run.  A true thank you again to Macod0shus for the inspiration and optimusdrizzt supplying for some spares.   This definitely pushed me outside my comfort realm, which is always nice.  I considered trying the remaining designs for stag beetle, snail, jellyfish, and hammerhead, but I just couldn't wrap my head around any way I would build them and not ruin them concurrently.  Coincidentally,  I have a moray eel of my own that Ersico is about to paint up for me.

Hopefully Macod0shus can come up with some more designs in the future. Or maybe you, yes you reader, have marvelous wondrous concepts, ideas, and images dancing through that brain of yours. I'm already picking through old threads such as:

http://www.littlerub...ies#entry364206

looking for any ideas.  I have a gargantuan sack of parts just waiting to be assembled. Help a brother out?

#58 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 23 February 2016 - 07:54 AM

My assumption is that you started with a duck head. (or one of the other birds as a second guess)

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#59 Exactobeast

Exactobeast

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 08:03 AM

Noooooo

#60 ScreaminDemon

ScreaminDemon

Cyber Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts , Laser Beasts , Beastformers , Shadow Warriors , War Monsters and any other variations of Battle Beasts including Beast Saga. Transformer decoys.

Posted 23 February 2016 - 10:40 AM

My guess is a gator head?
Demon

#61 optimusdrizzt

optimusdrizzt

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Playing addicting video games, anime, MUSCLE, megaman, snarf from Thundercats, guts,and Battle Beasts. Really any smaller figure from the 80s/90s.

Posted 23 February 2016 - 12:06 PM

Octopus head?

Always Looking for Battle Beasts PM if you got extras!!!!

#62 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 23 February 2016 - 12:17 PM

shark?

#63 Exactobeast

Exactobeast

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 12:55 PM

nope and nope and nope and nope

Edited by Exactobeast, 23 February 2016 - 05:43 PM.

#64 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1852 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 23 February 2016 - 03:48 PM

Crow and otherwise the Penguin?
Based upon the sculpting of the eye ;-)

Edited by Beastformers, 23 February 2016 - 04:03 PM.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#65 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 23 February 2016 - 09:29 PM

Wow, your customs keep getting better and better! I especially love the blue lizard above. Great work!

#66 Exactobeast

Exactobeast

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 08:38 AM

1. Wrong Beastformers

2.  Thanks Koppenschevelle!  Means a lot as I think you are one of the best customizers out there.  Wait till you see what I have coming up soon.  Ersico is doing some stunning work to really make some builds shine

#67 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 24 February 2016 - 08:42 AM

Squirrel?

#68 Exactobeast

Exactobeast

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 09:29 AM

Incorrect. 

#69 optimusdrizzt

optimusdrizzt

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Playing addicting video games, anime, MUSCLE, megaman, snarf from Thundercats, guts,and Battle Beasts. Really any smaller figure from the 80s/90s.

Posted 24 February 2016 - 08:25 PM

polar bear or seahorse

Always Looking for Battle Beasts PM if you got extras!!!!

#70 Exactobeast

Exactobeast

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 06:09 AM

All right, that's enough. 

The answer is:

A horse, of course.

Attached File  aimage1(1).JPG   110.99K   4 downloads

Yes, I literally line up a picture to the head to see if it was possible/working.  I had cut off the head gear (in one single piece that is actually quite awesome and will be used imminently on something else) and sanded out a basic rough shape, doing my best to preserve as much snout as possible. 

Attached File  aimage5.JPG   51.93K   8 downloads

Post transfer, but the eye placement still didn't work.  You can see the mark of where I think they should be.  Good thing I had a recently dissected boar head lying about.

Attached File  aimage4.JPG   54.25K   6 downloads

After this it was just adding the back shark fin and then putting on a thin paint coat to pic up flaws, sand the flaws down, and repeat (also eventually cutting in a mouth).

#71 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1852 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 25 February 2016 - 07:18 AM

LOL Interesting approach.

It´s clear the eyes of the Boar fooled everyone but it does do the job very well there when it comes to the location and placement of the Dolphin eye.

Looking forward to see you progress because these creations are already a huge step compared to the first ones you did, keep it going!

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#72 Exactobeast

Exactobeast

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 08:24 AM

Thanks Beastformers!  Yeah, there has been a major quality uptick around here ever since I started using a hand sander.

#73 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 25 February 2016 - 09:06 AM

I'd love to see, and maybe one day even own, an updated version of that "dragon" you did.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#74 Exactobeast

Exactobeast

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 02:27 PM

Might end up being busy soon, so thought I'd get some more up

Group 11

Attached File  image1.JPG   71.4K   6 downloads

Black Gator

Attached File  image2.JPG   44.09K   13 downloads

Gecko

Attached File  image3.JPG   45.81K   21 downloadsAttached File  image4.JPG   36.26K   27 downloads

Flying Monkey

Attached File  image5.JPG   49.19K   22 downloadsAttached File  image6.JPG   39.85K   15 downloads

Think of the evil Wizard of Oz music when you stare into his eyes

Viking

Attached File  image7.JPG   47.99K   12 downloadsAttached File  image8.JPG   41.44K   15 downloads

More of an amalgam of parts, but once I put on the horns, definitely viking.

War sloth

Attached File  image9.JPG   45.53K   18 downloadsAttached File  image10.JPG   45.09K   10 downloads

I like the look of this guy

#75 Exactobeast

Exactobeast

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 02:32 PM

And....

Group 15

Attached File  image1.JPG   73.51K   11 downloads

Wolf

Attached File  image2.JPG   42.72K   16 downloadsAttached File  image3.JPG   42.49K   11 downloads

Winged Panther Beast

Attached File  image4.JPG   38.62K   11 downloadsAttached File  image5.JPG   43.53K   14 downloads

BUFFalo

Attached File  image6.JPG   52.88K   14 downloadsAttached File  image7.JPG   45.3K   12 downloads

Crow Redux

Attached File  image8.JPG   44.08K   12 downloadsAttached File  image9.JPG   45.81K   11 downloads

Flair Weasel

Attached File  image10.JPG   45.03K   10 downloadsAttached File  image11.JPG   45.92K   5 downloads

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com