11 replies to this topic

#1 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1852 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 01 August 2018 - 01:00 PM

stone-cobra-scam-header.jpg?w=1350&h=400

To many of you it´s no longer a surprise that The White Rabbit is against ALL sorts of reproductions and fakes that do not hold any proper marking in order to make a clear distinction from the original piece. So far we´ve already seen a lot of them come and go.  All of which soon disappeared after they´re noted and revealed while others, made by the true creators, understood this concern and added a makers mark after our request. But it looks like we´ve reached another level dealing with a SCAM of more serious proportions knowing it´s about one of the most famous Premium Beasts in the Battle Beasts line; STONE COBRA.

The Stone Cobra SCAM is now finally revealed and the full publication can be found on the Beastformers Blog
(direct link to the Stone Cobra publication via the image above).

It also is the answer to some of the older topics out here on LRG, from the beginning of this year, in which fellow members already asked for information and shared their doubts about Stone Cobra listings;

Unpainted Stone Cobra (17 Feb. 2018)

Real Stone Cobra? (12 Mar. 2018)

Hopefully this publication will directly or indirectly result in the fact that these Fake Stone Cobras will no longer be produced and distributed and if it continues you are hereby warned!

For now the BB Community is safe again and for those who have wrong intentions let this be a warning because The White Rabbit will always have it´s guard up in order to prevent fellow collectors from getting burned and to protect the original line.

Thanks to everyone involved helping with the research providing the necessary input that´s needed to take this SCAM down in a solid way.

Stay alert and...

Enjoy the Beasts!

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#2 Exactobeast

Exactobeast

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 01:11 PM

Awesome work to hopefully end this scam that has been going on for a year and a half

#3 Hibbinator1000

Hibbinator1000

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 06:00 PM

Nice job! The rainbow glitter paint is ugly as hell! I still need a real B!
Hibbz

#4 bot3ro

bot3ro

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts - Laser Beasts - Beast Saga - Nintendo - Photography - Travel - Scuba Diving - Football

Posted 01 August 2018 - 10:42 PM

Great work exposing this scam by everyone involved.

#5 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts
  • Interests:Former Pro Wrestler so naturally Wrestling, Kinnikuman, Saint Seiya, Kinkeshi, Deka Kinkeshi & throw in some AoA!

Posted 01 August 2018 - 11:39 PM

Yup, happened to me unfortunately.

Beastformers does the community a great service.

I bought mine on yahoojapan (used BUYEE as 3rd party proxy service).

The worst part was that I thought it was a genuine SC and sold it!

I worked something out with the guy that bought it from me (had to give up my Beast Saga collection to make up for that).

But I will send the fake SC to Beastformers for research (the more we know etc)

That same seller in Japan I bought mine from is selling another fake: https://page.auction...tion/t577869585

Keep your eyes peeled!

#6 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 11:39 AM

Great sleuthing!

#7 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1852 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 06 August 2018 - 03:30 PM

The Stone Cobra Scam reveal publication seems to be echoing on so it´s good to see it´s doing its job in order to prevent fellow collectors getting from getting burned.

And coincidence or not the person who´s been selling these in Japan, most likely the scammer himself(?), might´ve felt the heath because look what he´s come up with now;

Attached File  sim(2).jpeg   17.85K   5 downloads

A White Cobra described as ¨Prototype¨ but coming from the same mold (same mold related flaws) as the others... 

The advice remains, stay alert!

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#8 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts
  • Interests:Former Pro Wrestler so naturally Wrestling, Kinnikuman, Saint Seiya, Kinkeshi, Deka Kinkeshi & throw in some AoA!

Posted 06 August 2018 - 04:57 PM

Good stuff! I just emailed BUYEE (Proxy Service) to see if they can at least block the sellers listings in order to stop international bidders from bidding on them (they do this if the listings are not "appropriate"). Not holding my breath or anything but maybe if others who have/use 3rd party proxy services do the same, the seller might feel the heat even more.

#9 bigazzhead

bigazzhead

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1604 posts
  • Interests:Mini Figure interests:
    Monster in my Pocket
    Megaman/Rockman
    Dragon Ball
    Dragon Quest
    Old Nintendo
    Gegege no Kitaro
    general monster keshi
    Ghostbusters
    Zombie related stuff
    and anything cool. (yeah I know pretty vague)

Posted 07 August 2018 - 08:43 AM

Wow what an interesting read. Thanks for the good work.

#10 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 12:04 AM

I messaged Buyee (3rd party Proxy service) and this is how it went (not expecting much):

Hello

I would like to report the seller: sharbicc

The seller is selling counterfeit figures.

I won an auction from this seller that was counterfeit: Auction IDk297043420

The seller currently has two listings with similar counterfeit figures:

1-https://buyee.jp/ite...tion/m270165684

2-https://buyee.jp/ite...ang=en&rc=yaucc

It would be a good idea to block this seller from Buyee that way international customers don’t buy the goods.

Thank You

Interestingly enough the 1st listing finished on August 12 and someone bid on the fake SC (priced at 50,000 yen)

Buyee Response:

"thank you for informing us. Unfortunately, the rules of Yahoo Auctions in Japan offer the sellers a great deal of authority. They have the right to what they want to sell.We understand that it may not be fair, however, it is unfortunate that this is how Yahoo! Auctions Japan is operated. Sadly, we do not have any influence or control over the rules of Yahoo! Auctions Japan"

My reply:

I understand but Buyee can block users from bidding on listings by blocking them (that is outside of yahoojapan, If a seller bids directly using yahoojapan then of course thats their problem etc)

This is an auction currently listed: buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/t577869585?lang=en&rc=yaucc

Buyee Response:

"We will share your precious information and will take consideration with our team for blocking such kind of seller in the future.As you may know, at that moment, Buyee reflects most auction information from the original Yahoo!Auction site.So, there might take time to improve our service for blocking such kind of inappropriate seller on our site.We do appreciate for your precious feedback and will do our best to offer you best service in the future."

So its better than nothing.

#11 boardnasty

boardnasty

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 11:27 PM

Oh shit!!!!!

I bought the white one... 

I bought it out of pure curiosity because I wanted to see if it was some holy grail rare piece - maybe an undocumented Gumball figure.

It arrived yesterday. Honestly, it doesn't seem like a cheap fake, it feels very well made and the colour is interesting too. 

I still don't know what to make of it.

#12 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1852 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 09 September 2018 - 08:50 AM

Oh shit!!!!!

I bought the white one... 

I bought it out of pure curiosity because I wanted to see if it was some holy grail rare piece - maybe an undocumented Gumball figure.

It arrived yesterday. Honestly, it doesn't seem like a cheap fake, it feels very well made and the colour is interesting too. 

I still don't know what to make of it.

An undocumented Gumball would´ve been highly unlikely knowing the only Gumballs that´ve been released came from the first 18 Beasts of Series 1 (12 in total) and the Series 3 King Cobra was definitely not part of this, not even close ;) 

Making it as good as possible is part of the scam obviously otherwise none would´ve bought it and if we didn´t gather the information and insights we did we´d never have found out because of that either, I guess that´s how a scam works...

Sorry to hear you bought it but you could´ve checked in with one of us up front.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Stone Cobra, SCAM, Fake Stone Cobra

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com