2319 replies to this topic

#51 Kinnikuman_Muscle

Kinnikuman_Muscle

Serious Collector

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 01:14 AM

I can also text set as well that's not a problem. I don't have a dispute over Stranger's translations though they can use a little touch up. from Engrish to English but I'm also translating Kin myself and basically whenever you translate Japanese it never sounds right. It sounds like illiterate so you have to make it sound proper. and Molanphy do me a favor when you do text setting use the original JPEG's don't do any BMP's cause when you take a JPEG and make it into a BMP it looks terrible. You also lose picture quality like that. That's like taking a 96kbps song and making it 320kbps high quality, not only did you lose sound quality but it's also taking alot of hdd space, other than that it's all good. Btw I'll post my chapter I did on here soon, and you guys tell me what you think of it so far. Anyways I'm out I'm gonna finish doing these translations.
Banned for making personal threats.

#52 SoldierAtaru

SoldierAtaru

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 691 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 08:21 AM

I don't admit that my translations are perfect: I try my best and know there are problems all the time but I knew from day one that Japanese to English is just really hard to coordinate.

Oh, sorry for the lull but things have picked up a bit so I can't really rush them out until I have a bit more quiet. (which hopefully comes today)

What Ataru's been up to lately:
Posted Image
Well someone has to keep her in line.

#53 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 08:31 AM

One thing I found kinda annoying (and I havn't seen anyone mention it before) is that with the way we're numbering the chapters now the 100's go above 1-99. I got around it by numbering the folders with an extra 0 before chapters 1-99 differently and ignoring the filenames inside the folders, but I might adjust that later.

That brought it into line. I might go further and go by volumes, but that seems a little too much division...

How does everyone else organize their collections on their personal computer?
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#54 Kinnikuman_Muscle

Kinnikuman_Muscle

Serious Collector

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 10:49 AM

Orgg, I have mine organized by 001 and so fourth, from folders to files. If you'd like. I'll upload them all to "Knuxie" and then Host them on a site preferably (Team Kinniku) so everyone can download them all. Once we're done with the first 13 Volumes. Or if you want I'll send them to you directly. And yes, I'm also a neat freak and it has to be perfect if it isn't perfect I'm not satisfied. Also, Ataru it's all good we're both translating Kin so I know as well as you do that translating from Japanese to English is a pain in the ass. Anyways slowly but surely we'll be done with this Manga and that's that. Also Knuxie are you gonna start working on the SFX's again, or are you busy at the moment.

#55 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 11:02 AM

Ask Knuxie if she wants to replace the files as uploaded already; if she does, that's cool, and I'll d/l them in full volume format and put e'm into folders myself.

If not, it's not a big deal; I usually don't read more than a few chapters at a time.

I'm SO happy that there's people working on this series again!
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

#56 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 01:03 PM

That's one of the reasons I kinda wanted to number the chapters by like.. Kin1201, the 12 meaning the volume, 01 being the chapter, rather than continuing like Kin12149 or whatever. I can easily rename them if everyone's okay with that. And I'll keep the actual chapter numbers on the website. It'd just be the files themselves that're changed.

I'm not doing SFX anymore since I felt it wasn't really needed. Plus with my job, I don't have the time to do it like I used to. Without me editing the images and putting the SFX in English, the chapters are released faster.

Edited by KnuxieChan, 13 January 2009 - 01:05 PM.

#57 Kinnikuman_Muscle

Kinnikuman_Muscle

Serious Collector

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 02:17 PM

Well, Knuxie do you think later on when you have time could you do the SFX's as a separate project? Once we're all done translating this manga, could you do that for us if so that would be really great.

#58 SoldierAtaru

SoldierAtaru

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 691 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 05:46 PM

Personally the SFX did get a bit tedious but it's all from translator and scanslator to another. I did them from the start but a lot of the time I kept doing the "WA--" over and over...it got rather tedious and I'm sort of happy we're not doing it here. (compared to a lot of the weird SFX I used for Bo-bobo...)

And meanwhile:

-Chp. 66: Tower Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down: http://mangahelpers....u/releases/8397
-Chp. 67: You have a hot wife and work with animals...and you want to wrestle!? Are you nuts, Robin?: http://mangahelpers....u/releases/8398

And that completes volume 5! We're halfway through America, folks!

Posted Image

#59 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 06:38 PM

Well, Knuxie do you think later on when you have time could you do the SFX's as a separate project? Once we're all done translating this manga, could you do that for us if so that would be really great.

It seems kinda pointless to go back and start up again. =o I mean, some official translated manga don't bother with the SFX.. Worse comes to worse, I guess I could put a little bubble over the SFX just so you know what they say..

#60 Stecase King

Stecase King

Better than the otter

• Legends
  • 778 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 07:48 PM

Personally the SFX did get a bit tedious but it's all from translator and scanslator to another. I did them from the start but a lot of the time I kept doing the "WA--" over and over...it got rather tedious and I'm sort of happy we're not doing it here. (compared to a lot of the weird SFX I used for Bo-bobo...)

And meanwhile:

-Chp. 66: Tower Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down: http://mangahelpers....u/releases/8397
-Chp. 67: You have a hot wife and work with animals...and you want to wrestle!? Are you nuts, Robin?: http://mangahelpers....u/releases/8398

And that completes volume 5! We're halfway through America, folks!

Well, I COULD work on these, or I could wait and see how quickly this Monophy guy goes.
Posted Image

#61 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 10:12 PM

I could do them as well. XD Er, are we using Monophy's chapter 65 or is someone else gonna do it?..

Also, any other opinions on the file naming?

Edited by KnuxieChan, 13 January 2009 - 10:14 PM.

#62 Stecase King

Stecase King

Better than the otter

• Legends
  • 778 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 11:08 PM

I could do them as well. XD Er, are we using Monophy's chapter 65 or is someone else gonna do it?..

Also, any other opinions on the file naming?

Give it some time before releasing Monophy's release. We don't have his permission to release it under our name.
Posted Image

#63 Molanphy

Molanphy

Brazilian Choujin nº 2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:Anything that remembers Kinnikuman, and Bo-bobo

Posted 14 January 2009 - 07:14 AM

http://www.megauploa.../pt/?d=PS8YDAQW

Here is the chapter 66. i think is good and you can put the other chapter i made in the name of the kinniku team, but i'm sorry i took 2 hours to make the chap and I only see the translation today(started to do this chap at 11:00 am)and i can't do the other because i'm gonna at the doctor 2:00 pm

The time i put in here is from Brazil

Edit: I started at 5 am and i'm going to the doctor at 8 am

Edited by fuzzbuster, 24 January 2012 - 09:33 AM.

#64 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 08:31 AM

That's one of the reasons I kinda wanted to number the chapters by like.. Kin1201, the 12 meaning the volume, 01 being the chapter, rather than continuing like Kin12149 or whatever. I can easily rename them if everyone's okay with that. And I'll keep the actual chapter numbers on the website. It'd just be the files themselves that're changed.

I'm not doing SFX anymore since I felt it wasn't really needed. Plus with my job, I don't have the time to do it like I used to. Without me editing the images and putting the SFX in English, the chapters are released faster.

Please do NOT do this!! What K_M and I were talking about was updating chapters 1 - 99 to be three-digit chapters instead of two. So volume one chapter one would be Kin01001 instead of Kin0101. That keeps the numberings in the proper order.

#65 Stecase King

Stecase King

Better than the otter

• Legends
  • 778 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 11:43 AM

http://www.megauploa.../pt/?d=PS8YDAQW

Here is the chapter 66. i think is good and you can put the other chapter i made in the name of the kinniku team, but i'm sorry i took 2 hours to make the chap and I only see the translation today(started to do this chap at 11:00 am)and i can't do the other because i'm gonna at the doctor 2:00 pm

The time i put in here is from Brazil

Edit: I started at 5 am and i'm going to the doctor at 8 am

The only real problem is that Ataru's translations really shouldn't be copy/pasted onto the scans like that. Otherwise you get odd lines like "Ooh! The fight of these two has made the spectators excited!!". Work on making the English sound good, otherwise it's fine.

Edited by fuzzbuster, 24 January 2012 - 09:34 AM.

Posted Image

#66 SoldierAtaru

SoldierAtaru

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 691 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 06:22 PM

Ataru talk...yeah, I doubt anyone wants to talk like my scripts. Engrish for dummies, that's what it will turn out to be :wub:

-Chapter 68: "I believe in America...even if they'll only release our keshi and not our manga or anime": http://mangahelpers....u/releases/8418
-Chapter 69: Enter...Char Aznable's gaudy-looking cousin! (oh, and Terryman's back too): http://mangahelpers....u/releases/8419

Posted Image

#67 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 12:13 AM

Sorry for the late release. I also did 66. XD;; I would've finished sooner but ended up sleeping all day. Lemme know what you think and if we should use it on the site? I'm slowly getting better at improving.

http://www.mediafire...cyd/Kin0566.zip

I wish Yude made speech bubbles bigger...

#68 Molanphy

Molanphy

Brazilian Choujin nº 2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 06:19 AM

http://www.megauploa.../pt/?d=CMJHOM6I

Here it's the chap 67, i'll try to do the 68 today, and i tried to do i litte modifications when the annoncer says "ohh!"or when kinnikuman say "hey!"

I wish Yude made speech bubbles bigger...[2] xD

Edited by fuzzbuster, 24 January 2012 - 09:34 AM.

#69 Stecase King

Stecase King

Better than the otter

• Legends
  • 778 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 11:07 AM

Monophy, do you think you can switch the font to Cooper STD like Knuxie and I use? It's a bit jarring for people reading it if the font changes every few chapters.

Anyhow, aside from Molophy's shaky English (although that's probably not something that can really be fixed), the two of your releases are great. From now on, you two should coordinate chapters so that you don't end up doing the same chapter again. (Orgg and I had this problem at first, too) Since Monophy's already working on 68, let Knuxie do 69, then alternate from there on.

Use whichever chapter you want on the site.

I could start helping again, but I think I'll let you use the rest of this arc for practice, since there's less than a volume left. (unless Ataru releases three chapters in one day again)

Edited by Stecase King, 15 January 2009 - 11:10 AM.

Posted Image

#70 SoldierAtaru

SoldierAtaru

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 691 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 04:26 PM

I could start helping again, but I think I'll let you use the rest of this arc for practice, since there's less than a volume left. (unless Ataru releases three chapters in one day again)

Don't tempt me, I'm trying to slow down so I don't burn out of material but it's just a very fast sequence of chapters.

-Chp. 70: Somehow if the Rugged Brothers had a theme, it probably would be "Old Time Rock and Roll"...: http://mangahelpers....u/releases/8431
-Chp. 71: There's no "I" in "tag-team"...at least not yet.: http://mangahelpers....u/releases/8432

Posted Image

#71 Blackbeard D. Kuma

Blackbeard D. Kuma

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 05:59 PM

I just wanted to say that you are all doing an excellent job with Kinnikuman. I am really enjoying reading your flawless translations and the story just keeps on getting better. Hopefully this classic shounen manga will get more attention in due time, especially when we reach the Golden Mask, Dream Tag Match, and Survival for the Throne arcs. You guys rock and have my complete support. :)

#72 Stecase King

Stecase King

Better than the otter

• Legends
  • 778 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 11:36 PM

Just me popping in, since I think I've only given this out to 3 people ever. My private AIM is "ThereIsNoTash", so if anyone wants to contact me for anything relating to the project, that's the best way to reach me.
Posted Image

#73 Molanphy

Molanphy

Brazilian Choujin nº 2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 04:32 AM

Ok, i can change the font, but I didn't find the "STD", and i'll do the 68^^,i think i can't do for today¬¬, and the megaman fan we'll do it?

#74 Molanphy

Molanphy

Brazilian Choujin nº 2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 06:54 AM

http://www.megauploa.../pt/?d=2S886N7A

Here is the 68, i will do the 70 tomorrow, and the font is like the font of knuxie, the name is "cooper black"

Edited by fuzzbuster, 24 January 2012 - 09:35 AM.

#75 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 10:10 AM

Er, Molanphy, can you hold off on the chapters for a bit so we can discuss things? XD;; I don't want to sound mean but you did just kinda pop up without really asking us if you could help.

The main problem is.. since English doesn't seem to be your first language, it might be difficult for you to improvise on the script. It seems a bit troublesome for one of us to write an improved script, then send it to you to edit the images with when we could do it ourselves... but if you really want to do it, I guess we can try to colab.

Also, where are you getting your manga scans from? They don't look like the ones we've been using.

Edited by KnuxieChan, 17 January 2009 - 04:59 AM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com