118 replies to this topic

#26 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 03:49 PM

excellent pic - good to see a proper action shot!

Thanks!
I would love to see pics from:
Luke Oram
el midgetron
Mr. T
Knuxie Chan
Seres Wyvern
hushicho
Godbeast
Doctor Dew
Siccx Degree
Beefcake Pyro
Dr Tooth
Soopercreep
any artists I've missed and of course some more from all the artists already contributing.

Edited by kevinmayle, 22 March 2006 - 02:23 AM.

#27 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Video Games, Drawing comics, Toy collecting, Cartoons, TV shows and movies that would make me laugh for sake of nostalgia, so on ....

Posted 08 March 2006 - 03:26 PM

Gold Ma-ask! He's the mask ... the mask with an idol touch. A demon's touch ...

Yes, another quickie. The top image is James Bond (Connery) and Gold Mask (or Gold Mashk). Don't have to tell you film-buffs which scene this is.

Bottom is another Neptuneman using magnet power vs. The Master of Magnatism himself, Magneto.

Attached Files

Edited by Frobman, 08 March 2006 - 03:30 PM.

#28 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 04:16 PM

I love 'em!
You are The Man!

#29 Sooperkreep

Sooperkreep

Burnning Collector!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 04:29 PM

THIS I would pay good cash to see one day ^^

;) Kid Muscle(IWF) VS Triple H(WWE) ;)

hmmm.....needs color >_<

Attached Files

Check out some of my Custom Action Figures.(Non-UM related.)
http://www.toymania....cc14/ffxi.shtml

http://sooperkreep.deviantart.com/

"I accept cash, credit, checks or your broken bones."
-Checkmate

#30 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 04:48 PM

Nice one SK!

#31 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 03:34 PM

I thought this thread deserved a revival, especialy with the forthcoming merging of the boards:

Battle Art Challenge II

If anyone here on AKIA hasn't checked out the great fan-art on Beastformers it is well worth a look! I hope some of you guys enter :angry:

All beasts can be found here:

Beastformers Checklist

Posted Image

#32 CrazyMobius

CrazyMobius

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 03:50 PM

Cool! I will post some entries also! :(

any requests? :D

Edited by CrazyDiamond, 17 October 2006 - 02:27 AM.

#33 CrazyMobius

CrazyMobius

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 01:51 PM

No requests? :3

#34 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 02:48 PM

No requests? :3

how about your fav UM/Kinnikuman character versus a battle beast? :D :lol:

Posted Image

#35 CrazyMobius

CrazyMobius

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 01:56 AM

Sunigator Vs Gruesome Gator!

Attached Files

#36 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 08:31 AM

Sunigator Vs Gruesome Gator!

NICE!!!! those guys look good together :)

EDIT: just reread my post and considering the position they are in, looking good together sounds a bit wierd :D

:lol:

Edited by matthewf1tz, 19 October 2006 - 10:56 AM.

Posted Image

#37 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 03:28 PM

okay, the merging of the boards gave me an idea....

A while ago a thread was started over on AKIA by Kevin Mayle and Reccoom Kaboom:

Battle Art Challenge

as there is so many great artists over here on Beastformers AND as the boards are merging why not some art of BEASTS versus MUSCLE??

I'll post something myself in the next couple of days but it would be cool if some of you artists out there had some ideas too!

If any BB/LB fans aren't so familiar with the MUSCLE line all the figures can be found here on these two cool sites:

Soupie's MUSCLE colours Image Archive

Nathan 'Tortle' Newell's site

(it's well worth having a good look round both these superb sites if you haven't done so already :huh: )

there's some pretty cool non-MUSCLE sculpts shown here too:

more from Soupie

(if you want to know what a non-MUSCLE sculpt is the page explains it nicely!)

I hope some of you guys enter!

Posted Image

#38 MAXX

MAXX

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 05:18 PM

Art Battle, beautiful idea.

But... what is this battle about?
I mean, how does it work, just a character drawing or two artist say, nr.1 takes a battle beast another takes a muscle guy and each one is drawing himself in a winning scene?

If we have enough time i think i can squeeze something in here too.

And what do you want to post? An Example with rules and stuff?
I am open for commissions of almost any kind.

#39 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 11 October 2006 - 06:15 PM

I was thinking the same thing Karsten! Matt what kind of rules? I am not what I used to be at drawing, I haven't drawn anything since High School. ;)

WhiteLeo

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#40 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 07:06 PM

Solid idea :-)

Anything that adds more eye candy to the Fan Art section and inspires us to create im all for...

Its unfortunate that i cant draw lol
Divide & conquer works because of attachments people make to push-button issues, individual "leaders," parties, clans, tribes, policies, or agendas, leaving them open to manipulation.

#41 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 11 October 2006 - 07:13 PM

It's not so much a contest, as it is just something to do. He's suggesting that you draw something like one of your favorite battle beasts beating the crap out of a Kinnikuman character just for fun. The concept is to just be creative, and not so much as to one up the previous poster's picture. It was sort of vague when it was posted on the kinnikuman board, but it helps if your just trying to have some fun. You could probably even challenge another member to a draw off or something. What were your ideas Matt? I think this would be a great idea, especially if we can get the artist from the AKIA board to come over, like Kevinmayle.

Posted Image

#42 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 11 October 2006 - 09:27 PM

I don't have a scanner, or any art skills, but this should give folks the general idea. Sorry for the hideous picture. I had to use a camera, and what was left of any hand eye coordination that I had from school. e+ This should show you how much skill is required. ;)

Posted Image

#43 Tars Tarkas

Tars Tarkas

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 09:40 PM

When I was a kid, the Battle Beasts and MUSCLEs usually teamed up against whatever oppressor was enslaving them that week, usually Masters of the Universe characters. However, the Beasts were usually more of the main characters, except for some of the cooler muscles like the lizard guy, the dinosaur with the rocketpack, the announcer, supermidget, the hand, and all the brick dudes.
Posted Image

#44 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 03:05 AM

It's not so much a contest, as it is just something to do.  He's suggesting that you draw something like one of your favorite battle beasts beating the crap out of a Kinnikuman character just for fun.  The concept is to just be creative, and not so much as to one up the previous poster's picture.  It was sort of vague when it was posted on the kinnikuman board, but it helps if your just trying to have some fun.  You could probably even challenge another member to a draw off or something.  What were your ideas Matt?  I think this would be a great idea,  especially if we can get the artist from the AKIA board to come over, like Kevinmayle.

yeah, I think that just about sums it up! Just for fun really!

I suppose it would just go on indefinitely until the thread ran out of steam, could be a week, could be a month but whatever happens it should be fun and also help to intergrate the boards! ;)

It would be great to see some AKIA artists' take on battle beasts and some BF artists' take on MUSCLE/Kinnikuman - there's such a wide variety of characters, a lot of which I'd imagine some have never come across before the results should be interesting!

As far as rules go...there is no rules! e+ any picture which incorporates the two toy lines would be cool, whether they are fighting each other or even teaming up (there's a few animal based MUSCLE that would probably team up quite well with BB/LB :huh: ) And if someone did a picture you liked where one character was kicking another one's arse, you could post a picture of what happened next, maybe with the arse kicker getting his arse kicked!!! anything goes :(

I'll be starting work on mine tonight..... :D

Posted Image

#45 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 03:19 AM

I don't have a scanner, or any art skills, but this should give folks the general idea. Sorry for the hideous picture. I had to use a camera, and what was left of any hand eye coordination that I had from school. :( This should show you how much skill is required. ;)

hahaha, nice pic URS!! keep it up.... e+

Posted Image

#46 AbLivAspade

AbLivAspade

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 05:10 AM

I don't have a scanner, or any art skills, but this should give folks the general idea.

LMAO wrestlers cant handle the beans

#47 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 08:06 AM

Glad someone liked it! ;) Also for you guys over here who don't really get it, Kinnikuman has always been notorious for passing gas during the most unorthodox moments. So what better way to beat a Battle Beast?

Posted Image

#48 MAXX

MAXX

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 08:40 AM

Battles with ABC weapons have no honor and the warriors will not join their honoured combattants in halls of Walhalla ;)

#49 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 12 October 2006 - 08:51 AM

Well, I can't draw at all! But I can paint. So I may be painting up something for the battle if I can get time to do it.

Also, someone mentioned the Battle Beast guys taking a stab at Kinnikuman and vice versa, well I have sort of done that. I am very much a Battle Beast fan, however I am in the middle of painting up three kinnikuman for Jkaris. I also had painted up three kinnikuman for him quite sometime ago last winter.

But anyways, maybe I will have to do a little scene of some Battle Beast beating down a kinnikuman painted up.

Eric

#50 MAXX

MAXX

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 10:18 AM

I think painting or drawing or 3d Computermodell (or whatever) doesn't matter.
ART is a very wide term.
So i guess, you can do whatever you like. I think even a fotomontage will fit.

But i understand Battle as it is, a battle.
I saw some art battles on several boards and they had some people who battle against each other.
at least 2 Members pick a character (but mainly there are up to 10) and draw (paint or whatever) a picture how they imagine to win this fight with his/her character.
And after that, a poll is startet and the other users have to vote wich they like best.
That is an art battle system i know.

Edited by MAXX, 12 October 2006 - 10:19 AM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com