37 replies to this topic

#26 ToyMan

ToyMan

geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 04:22 AM

he-man and skeletor look weird because they're bowlegged. and both of them are in pretty much the exact same pose. the posturing on the figures isn't really good. they look slumped down, and tired.

#27 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 04:54 AM

Guys, guys, guys,
I think you are all being way to critical.
#1 These are meant for children, literally. My 2 and 4 year old boys love them and don't see any flaws or shortcomings. Except since my 4 year old has all of the regular Mattel Masters figures, he asked me why the MC D's were so small.
#2 There arms do move, you just have to be forceful with them, they don't seem fragile or breakable to me.
#3 They are HAPPY MEAL TOYS not action figures.
Now go get yourself another crappy, disgusting, cardboard burger w/pencil shaving fries, and choke it down for your toy!
Just my 2 cents,
THEGODBEAST :D
PS. My greedy A$$ MC D's is charging $1.84 for just the toy! So I figured I might as well buy the whole happy meal for $2.30 + tax, until I ate the "so called" food, yuck!

#28 ToyMan

ToyMan

geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 05:18 AM

oh, come on-

you can say that they're "kids toys" and that they're not meant to be held to the same standards as regular toys, but when you're dealing with a fanbase like motu-ites, or just toy fans in general, you have to realize that the "toy" will be placed under scrutiny.

i mean, you'd expect faithful renderings of the characters if they were doing a starwars promotion, right?

the legs are really what do these figures in, as far as i'm concerned. they should have just put large dents for the legs to fit into on the panthor and battlecat figures instead of making he-man and skeletor bow-legged.

and why do they have to look like they're wearing a used adult diaper?! argh!

sorry. :D

#29 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 10:01 AM

Dont forget that Meat wears adult diapers.

I would of been even happier if they had made a few extra characters in there (Trapjaw, Tri-Klopes, Stratos). But all in all the characters are just fine, especially when you think that they ARE meant for little kids.

I would say that one of the things that gets me is the large weapon handles.

Posted Image

#30 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 11:00 AM

I would agree on the weapons klunkiness and that there should have been more bad guys! They always do more good guys. I hate Man at Arms! He is always the stupidiest figure and that holds true again with the MC D's promotion!
THEGODBEAST :D

#31 ToyMan

ToyMan

geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 12:58 PM

...all in all the characters are just fine, especially when you think that they ARE meant for little kids...

y'know, i don't agree with this seemingly widespread sentiment that "motu" is geared exclusively towards children. of course, these figures are meant for kids, what with them being included in children's meals, but i'm sure that mattel and mcdonalds realized that this promotion would appeal to 20-somethings.

and, honestly - regardless of whoever these toys might be "aimed at", if i was in charge of their production, these toys wouldn't have made it into anyone's hands in their present state.

i mean, i'm sorry if i sound like a broken record, but their bow-legged stances, and he-man's neck/head are rediculous.

#32 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 02:45 PM

Toyman,
Who said that MOTU was geared towards kids alone? No one. We said that the MOTU "HAPPY MEAL" toys were geared for kids. These are happy meal toys, not action figures, not works of art, not meant for adults, period. I will bet you that the over whelming majority of Happy Meal toys bought go to kids. So it is designed for kids. You are seriously way too worked up over this whole happy meal thing. If you look at all happy meal toys ever made, most are simple and safe, not detailed and anatomically correct. I hope this doesn't get you all in a bunch, but, I really don't think that they are all that bad for Happy Meal toys in all. Exception: Man at Arms, but, he sucks no matter what!
THEGODBEAST :cry:

#33 ToyMan

ToyMan

geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 03:13 PM

i don't agree with this seemingly widespread sentiment that "motu" is geared exclusively towards children. of course, these figures are meant for kids...

#34 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 03:53 PM

y'know, i don't agree with this seemingly widespread sentiment that "motu" is geared exclusively towards children.

What is your quote supposed to mean in your previous post?
This is what you said that sparked my response. I can sense some hostility, R U mad? I hope not, but, you sure seem worked up over these happy meal MOTU figures. Maybe you ate too many of them and now you have "Mad Cow Disease." Ha! Ha! That was only a joke.
THEGODBEAST e+

#35 ToyMan

ToyMan

geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 08:01 PM

i don't eat at mcdonalds. their food disgusts me.

the quoted text in my last post was meant to point out that i was actually aware that these happy meal toys were geared towards kids.

the motu line itself? i think they have a wider audience, easily hitting everyone from 5 to 35, and there are surely plenty of fans outside of that range, too.

but, no, i'm not mad at you, i'm just having a hard time dealing with how slapshod the happy meal figures are. dang.

what ever happened to transforming hamburgers and drink cups?! e+

#36 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 08:25 PM

Wow, I still remember those transforming meals. Those were some of my favorite Happy Meal toys in the day.

Posted Image

#37 Drtooth

Drtooth

germaphobe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 09 May 2003 - 10:41 AM

Got Skeletor last night!! Since he was the only one I wanted, don't have to get anymore... YEEEEEEAAAAYYY!!!
Posted Image

#38 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 09 May 2003 - 11:57 AM

I am glad you aren't in a bunch, I was worried for a sec.
Anyway, I took my boys there today to choke down some crap food and they still have the Battle Cat and Man at Arms. I have 2 extra Battle cats one in package and one out for any one wanting to trade. My boys need 2 Ram Man and 2 Orko. If anyone gets extras and want to swap, let me know.
THEGODBEAST ;)

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com