#27 Hashcake77

Hashcake77

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 07:10 AM

Hi,
Are you going to do a range of keshi Zardoz heads?
Iboth me and my mum would love them!

#28 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 05:32 PM

Hi,
Are you going to do a range of keshi Zardoz heads?
Iboth me and my mum would love them!

Keshi is a definite possibility! 

#29 redjarojam

redjarojam

Taco Beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 06:20 PM

Yeah a rubber monkey paw would make a nice keychain. I'd rock it.

#30 Hashcake77

Hashcake77

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 06:19 AM

Love to own one! Or two, or three, or ........
Just seen a 3D printed version of the Zardoz head looks good, but not as good as a hand job ( lol )

#31 Rubberhammer

Rubberhammer

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2463 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 08:23 AM

Yeah a rubber monkey paw would make a nice keychain. I'd rock it.

Soft rubber, with wires inside so you could manipulate the fingers.

#32 bigazzhead

bigazzhead

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1604 posts
  • Interests:Mini Figure interests:
    Monster in my Pocket
    Megaman/Rockman
    Dragon Ball
    Dragon Quest
    Old Nintendo
    Gegege no Kitaro
    general monster keshi
    Ghostbusters
    Zombie related stuff
    and anything cool. (yeah I know pretty vague)

Posted 27 June 2016 - 11:33 AM

Dang I was selling stuff to make up some scratch for these. ah well hopefully i'll get  a chance on these next month.

#33 redjarojam

redjarojam

Taco Beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 12:13 PM

That seems like it would be difficult on a small scale to make sure the wire is in the right place for each finger on each cast.

#34 Rubberhammer

Rubberhammer

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2463 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 12:18 PM

That seems like it would be difficult on a small scale to make sure the wire is in the right place for each finger on each cast.

Yeah, I kind of figured it was wishful thinking.

#35 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 05:20 PM

Love to own one! Or two, or three, or ........
Just seen a 3D printed version of the Zardoz head looks good, but not as good as a hand job ( lol )

I've seen a few neat versions. Someone did a belt buckle that looked great.

That would be awesome but such a nightmare as far as production I don't think it would be possible.

Dang I was selling stuff to make up some scratch for these. ah well hopefully i'll get  a chance on these next month.

There will be a new figure from Retroband next month as well as a new black market mystery figure and I think the paw while be up for grabs in a new color. 

Everything else will be retired for now at least. The basic plan is when a new figure comes out it sticks around for two releases then it's pulled to make room for new stuff. Just because something is pulled doesn't mean it is gone forever though. 

#36 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5096 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 27 June 2016 - 09:21 PM

Ahh, so no doubling up on your sculpts next month? I'm also THRILLED to have a breather on the Zardoz, I feel like the sculpt is so compelling I'd want every color but that would be an expensive subscription. :lol: Here's to hoping I'm more into what Retroband has to offer next.

#37 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 03:22 PM

Ahh, so no doubling up on your sculpts next month? I'm also THRILLED to have a breather on the Zardoz, I feel like the sculpt is so compelling I'd want every color but that would be an expensive subscription. :lol: Here's to hoping I'm more into what Retroband has to offer next.

I think the plan will be one figure from each of us available at a time going forward.

I totally understand what you're saying about Zardoz. As toy collectors Retro and myself both wanted to be very careful about overwhelming people who like to collect all the colors of a toy. There is always that fine line between having more versions is totally fun and oh shit I have 20 of these things now for the love of all things unholy please stop making them. So generally we are aiming for two colors then stopping for a very decent amount of time.

We are doing everything we can to make this a fun line to collect rather then a struggle to grab stuff before it's gone or just a burden to keep up with. It's a labor of love kind of thing especially for Retro who is casting everything. The best part is seeing people enjoy it!

#38 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5096 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 08:55 PM

I cannot believe you two put so much thought into the line that you even considered fringe cases like that! Although, come to think of it, there does stand out the example of this one indie toyline that had a good thing on their hands the first time around, with a manageable assortment of colors, that flooded the market with almost twice as many as time went on. Taking the time to consider what went wrong there does make sense...

While I'm happy to have the breather, I'll be staying tuned for the triumphant return of Zardoz, whenever that happens! Hopefully will have finished the movie by then, too. Oops.

#39 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 03:32 AM

I cannot believe you two put so much thought into the line that you even considered fringe cases like that! Although, come to think of it, there does stand out the example of this one indie toyline that had a good thing on their hands the first time around, with a manageable assortment of colors, that flooded the market with almost twice as many as time went on. Taking the time to consider what went wrong there does make sense...

While I'm happy to have the breather, I'll be staying tuned for the triumphant return of Zardoz, whenever that happens! Hopefully will have finished the movie by then, too. Oops.

Most people would be shocked by the behind the scenes planning that goes into stuff like this. Yeah the example you mentioned of some other mini toy line flooding their own market and ignoring(even mocking)customers who brought it up is spot on but that's just a small part of it. We looked at everything we liked and didn't like from all the things we loved from when we were kids up until now. Everything from color variation to the little extra touches like folded mini posters and officially stamped boxes. One of the big struggles was the size factor. It would have been great if everything kind of fit in the same universe as far as scale but there was no way we could pull it off so we decided each toy would be it's own more or less and scale only to itself. That was a tough call. We look at how stuff fits together in that specific month and how the colors work with the previous and future releases planned. It's a lot of effort for what amounts to a very small scale indie toy line but for however long it lasts we want people to enjoy it and eventually we can look back on it when it's over and know for a fact we didn't compromise on anything. I can honestly say both Retroband and myself are trying as hard as we can to make this fun for everyone. 

Enough of that stuff though. The next release(very soon)will mark the official end of Series One which will total out at 4 original sculpts and 3 black market figures. Series Two will change things up a little but you'll have to wait and see what that means. 

#40 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5096 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 07:50 AM

Appreciate all the info and getting that insight into the line. So far I've really liked everything you've had to mention about the way the line's going. I have exactly one criticism though. Of all the things you've gotten right, the one thing I crinkle my nose at thinking about it is the use of packing peanuts! I know, it's petty! I'm sure it's because they're such a cheap filler for the packaging, but I've always had a disgust for them, both because of the environment and because of a personal disgust for the way they tend to leave little bits behind and generally be annoying. That said, the ones you guys use might not be of the same material I hate since I never see bits broken off and still attached to the boxes or the figure baggies, so maybe you're using peanuts made of friendlier materials because you considered that angle too!

I don't know what you were looking to buy in particular, but FYI both the pink Zardoz and green Belial are back in stock! I'm actually thinking of double-dipping this month just to have one Belial sculpt.

#41 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 07:21 PM

I have exactly one criticism though. ... packing peanuts ... because of the environment

Not sure which ones they use, but the ones that look like white cheese puffs are actually made of corn starch and bio-degrade super-fast. You could even eat them if you were so inclined. Ha ha!

#42 Hashcake77

Hashcake77

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 11:53 AM

I'm well chuffed with three Zardoz pink gum heads I purchased
Brilliant stuff

#43 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 04:29 PM

Heads up for anyone ordering this month. This is the last couple of weeks for Series 1 so we might be taking next month off to prepare for Series 2.

As a bonus for the end of the first series every order placed this month get's a free large vinyl kisscut sticker!

An original painting by Retroband has been turned into a sticker showing off the whole first series. Kisscut just means that when you peel the sticker off the backing it has an actual border around the art itself instead of just being a square or rectangle.

Attached File  Screenshot_2016-07-13-17-14-52.jpg   88.81K   1 downloads

Edited by PlasticSoul, 13 July 2016 - 04:30 PM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com