Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Looking for Pocket Monster advice...

pokemon pocket monster gotta catch em all etsy selling sellers sellification selfies advice agony uncle

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 arpadokay

arpadokay

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Reading Lord Dunsany in bed. Not as romantic as it sounds.

Posted 25 June 2015 - 06:02 AM

Hey everybody

I have a general "how much?" question rather than a specific one. I was looking over Etsy statistics for my shop- so first off, thank you LRG for your interest, I get twice as much traffic from these boards as I do from google searches- anyway, top two searches I get hits off of are Ultraman and Pokemon. Ultraman I have those 6"-8" vinyl figures and Pokemon I sell 2" hollow plastic figures in six packs. Both are $10. People buy the Ultraman figures, but the Pokemon sets I have not sold a one. They get starred or liked or whatever the Etsy version is like crazy but no one buys them.

Why?

Attached File  poke-pichu.jpg   57.75K   0 downloads

I do other small figures in 4 packs for $10 (Kamen Rider, Ultraman and the like) and they sell but I can't seem to get anyone to jump on what in a way is one of my most popular products. What am I doing wrong? What does it take to get people to actually catch 'em all?? HALP!

#2 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 25 June 2015 - 09:49 AM

I don't know that it's a matter of cost but instead that people might not want to buy random collections as much as they do for your Ultraman figures. Maybe if the sets are organized by evolution lines, elemental types, or based on the Pokémon Kids sets they originally come in, you'd see more interest.

#3 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 25 June 2015 - 12:10 PM

Baltan makes a very good point, and I also don't know many adults who are in the age-range to be collecting 80's toys that also collect pokemon.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#4 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 25 June 2015 - 05:11 PM

Well, there's a few of us! Not many, but a few. I think those favorites or whatever on Etsy indicate demand regardless of that, just that you're attracting too many window shoppers. Why? Hell if I know precisely.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pokemon, pocket monster, gotta catch em all, etsy, selling, sellers, sellification, selfies, advice, agony uncle

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com