207 replies to this topic

#1 PaulEWog116

PaulEWog116

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 03:37 PM

Alright everyone lets change the direction of my whining thread into something more productive. Please post the contents of your Mutant Mania packs taking special note as to what figure(s) were visible so that we can all have more success collecting these guys. 

Spoiler

Edited by PaulEWog116, 13 April 2015 - 06:19 PM.

See my collection on Instagram. @Paul.Sewell.14

#2 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts
  • Interests:Collecting MIMP and playing Fantasy Baseball.

Posted 01 November 2014 - 03:47 PM

I used to have this problem with baseball cards and the "chase" card inserts. Finally I just gave up and sold all my baseball cards except a few that I like. Random packs can be exciting and equally as frustrating.

My MIMP Resource site: http://mimpcollective.weebly.com

Behemoth's Video Game and MIMP YouTube Page: https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

#3 Stratos

Stratos

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 03:53 PM

In my experience, it never pays to mix packing types, ie: collect the 8 pack cans and nothing else if you're looking for a complete set. I have 4 8packs and not one double. I bought a 2 pack for the fun of it (different size) and they were both ones I had.

#4 PaulEWog116

PaulEWog116

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 05:57 PM

In my experience, it never pays to mix packing types, ie: collect the 8 pack cans and nothing else if you're looking for a complete set. I have 4 8packs and not one double. I bought a 2 pack for the fun of it (different size) and they were both ones I had.

Yeah I agree. I only bought the singles and 4 packs the first week bc it was all that TRU had and I didnt want to go home empty handed. I kept buying singles bc I kept getting ultra rares out of them; but I eventually got most of them as double out of the 8pks anyway, 

BTW, ot ignoring you Jud. We just hashed it out on FB earlier lol. 

#5 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts
  • Interests:Collecting MIMP and playing Fantasy Baseball.

Posted 01 November 2014 - 06:46 PM

BTW, ot ignoring you Jud. We just hashed it out on FB earlier lol. 

I was crying on the inside, until your response. Now I am complete :)

Edited by Behemoth, 01 November 2014 - 06:47 PM.

My MIMP Resource site: http://mimpcollective.weebly.com

Behemoth's Video Game and MIMP YouTube Page: https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

#6 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 07:49 PM

I feel your pain. I quit awhile ago trying to ever complete anything that comes blind bagged. I just pick and choose what i really like and trade for them or get them off ebay. I am done buying toys i simply don't want just to get toys i actually do want. I know some people enjoy the hunt and i think that's cool but it's not for me.

#7 PaulEWog116

PaulEWog116

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 08:02 PM

I feel your pain. I quit awhile ago trying to ever complete anything that comes blind bagged. I just pick and choose what i really like and trade for them or get them off ebay. I am done buying toys i simply don't want just to get toys i actually do want. I know some people enjoy the hunt and i think that's cool but it's not for me.

I really enjoy the thrill of blind box toys, but the truth is that its not really blind on the manufacturers end and they pack them in a controlled random-ish way to force you to keep coming back for more rather than making them a true blind boxing on both ends. Based on the amount of packs I have opened it is obvious that the common figures have a common and rare group. Rares have a common and true rare group. And Ultra Rares have commons and true rare groups. That means that the manufacturer is deliberately throwing a larger amount of certain figures in a particular rarity class out in higher quantities than they do certain other figures in the same rarity class. That is just wrong imo. Plus you only really get 6 "random" figures in an 8 pack bc the two figures they show you in the front panel force you to eventually re-buy those same two figures over and over again. 

#8 CaffeineSanta

CaffeineSanta

Formerly Be9ine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., M.U.S.C.L.E.Super Rares, giant lots of M.U.S.C.L.E.

Posted 01 November 2014 - 09:46 PM

I went through something similar to this with series 2 Minikins. I bought an entire grav box of two packs, and more than half were triples and even quadruples. 

Like coffee? I roast for a living! Check it out at caffepacori.com
Ask me about trading coffee for your spare M.U.S.C.L.E.S.! I'll take most, regardless of condition :D

#9 seekingxar

seekingxar

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 09:47 PM

I notice that Moose does this with every line, there just isn't some figures they make available until later if at all. I was out as soon as I started noticing that some of round 1 figures simply don't exist.

#10 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
  • Interests:MIMP
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

This and that - mostly that!

Posted 02 November 2014 - 02:05 AM

When they're released over here in 2015 I'll just stick to picking up 8-packs for the reasons mentioned above. I've got 11 figures thanks to a guy in the States who picked me up an 8-pack and added his doubles.

#11 PaulEWog116

PaulEWog116

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 03:02 PM

I notice that Moose does this with every line, there just isn't some figures they make available until later if at all. I was out as soon as I started noticing that some of round 1 figures simply don't exist.

That's good information to have; I was suspecting the same thing because I haven't seen anything different save for a scant few figures posted anywhere online that I don't have.

That kinda adds to the dishonesty though because they play it off as though you can get the whole set in the checklist when the truth is that half of them are even available. That's a pretty shady practice if you ask me.

I'll probably wait for round 2 and start collecting again. Any ideas what the average time frame between waves is?

In other news after getting over my initial frustration I decided to open the little baggies they come in and I got a cool factory error figure. It's the transparent Dr. Zoidberg cthulu love child character; can't think of his name. Anyway his torso was cast in the wrong color while his head and legs are correct. I'll post a pick up later.

Sorry for any typos I'm typing on my phone. ]

Edited by PaulEWog116, 02 November 2014 - 03:06 PM.

#12 PaulEWog116

PaulEWog116

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 07:29 PM

When they're released over here in 2015 I'll just stick to picking up 8-packs for the reasons mentioned above. I've got 11 figures thanks to a guy in the States who picked me up an 8-pack and added his doubles.

Nice of them to do it for you. They are cool figures. Some are kinda meh. Overall I really like them though, and there are a few that are excellent; like brain pain and the maggot guy among others. 

#13 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 27 November 2014 - 08:58 PM

Hi there.  During the first week of their release, I determined that there were 12 different 8 packs based on the 2 visible figures.  Bought these. Skipped the 4 packs. I assume this is most the the current wave in the 8 packs.  I did buy a few 1-packs and found unique figures.  

BTW, the top layer of the 1-pack box is all translucent figures and the bottom layer is all painted figures.  

As of today, 11-27, wave 2 has not surfaced at my local TRU. 

Also, Black Friday deal in USA -- all Mutant Mania are half price!

Could be a good time to pick up the playsets, etc.  

Edited by steverotters, 02 December 2014 - 09:20 PM.

#14 PaulEWog116

PaulEWog116

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 05:36 PM

Good to know. Thanks. 

#15 Juggy

Juggy

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 09:12 AM

Just got into Mutant MANIA thanks to the half-off sale (currently still running today btw.)

I picked up 18 8-packs (144 figures total) and now have 75 uniques and 69 doubles.

Also got 2 single-pack cans but each contained a mere common blister pack figure.

Also got 6 different soda cans in the 8-packs, I assume that's all of the can variations.

Does anyone know if 4-pack pulls have commons that arent included in the 8-packs? There are a few "commons" I don't have but a few "rares" I have doubles of.

Probably going to pick up a few more packs today while the sale is on and check out the 4-packs.

I'm A MUTANT MANIAC!

#16 PaulEWog116

PaulEWog116

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 05:04 PM

Just got into Mutant MANIA thanks to the half-off sale (currently still running today btw.)

I picked up 18 8-packs (144 figures total) and now have 75 uniques and 69 doubles.

Also got 2 single-pack cans but each contained a mere common blister pack figure.

Also got 6 different soda cans in the 8-packs, I assume that's all of the can variations.

Does anyone know if 4-pack pulls have commons that arent included in the 8-packs? There are a few "commons" I don't have but a few "rares" I have doubles of.

Probably going to pick up a few more packs today while the sale is on and check out the 4-packs.

I'm A MUTANT MANIAC!

I have been talking to some other people and it seams like there really isnt much random packing to these. I think they mix it up a little bit but it seams like there is a pretty consistent packing in each of the types. In other words say you got a 4 pk with Gutless as the viewable figure, this would most likely contain the same hidden figures as every other gutless 4 pk. I have not collected all of the 4 pks and I think that is why I am missing some of the figures that others have. Whereas, I have bought doubles of all of the 8pk variations and have a huge amount of doubles. I also have had pretty good luck with single packs but I think it is largely a waste as I have pretty much doubled them all out of 8 pks. 

This is what I tracked in the first 4 packs that I got. I wish I had done it for the 8 packs.

20141005_153726.jpg

20141005_154305.jpg

20141005_154755.jpg

20141005_155141.jpg

20141005_155553.jpg

20141005_155932.jpg

#17 PaulEWog116

PaulEWog116

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 05:08 PM

And here is my factory error with the torso poured out of the wrong plastic. 

20141101_195419.jpg

#18 EnigmaGamer

EnigmaGamer

Video Game Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • Interests:Video Games

Posted 06 December 2014 - 09:37 PM

Oh wow, hey maybe he can be a one of a kind figure ;)

#19 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 07 December 2014 - 12:27 AM

I found 2 8-packs from wave-2 today, Sat 12-6.  

There were likely other wave-2 packs that hit the store and were bought before I got there (especially with the sale). 

Also there is the slight possibility that there are some wave-2 packs with figures common to wave-1 visible. I think this because...

a ) the store seems to have TONS of wave-1 packs,

b ) although I tracked 12 distinct 8-packs when the toyline was introduced I did not keep track of who was visible, so there could be a new pack (wave-2) out but with different wave-1 figs visible and I would not immediately know it was a new (wave-2) pack,

c ) I would not put this nonsense past Moose.  

I remember when Trash Pack started there were 3 waves anyway.  By the time wave-3 came out the visible figures were one you already had, so you were inclined to think you had already bought that pack, even though what you didn't know is that the non-visible figures were new.    

Regardless, Arm Wrestler, purple figures, and yellow figures are out now.  

4/8 figures per pack it seems are dupes from wave-1.  

So assuming there are only 2 waves, you can expect some exclusive to wave-1, some exclusive to wave-2, and a huge glut of dupes common to them both.

Here are the ones in the 2 wave-2 packs.  The visible ones are at the top of each pic.  

Attached Files

Edited by steverotters, 07 December 2014 - 01:23 PM.

#20 PaulEWog116

PaulEWog116

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 02:52 PM

I found 2 8-packs from wave-2 today, Sat 12-6.  

There were likely other wave-2 packs that hit the store and were bought before I got there (especially with the sale). 

Also there is the slight possibility that there are some wave-2 packs with figures common to wave-1 visible. I think this because...

a ) the store seems to have TONS of wave-1 packs,

b ) although I tracked 12 distinct 8-packs when the toyline was introduced I did not keep track of who was visible, so there could be a new pack (wave-2) out but with different wave-1 figs visible and I would not immediately know it was a new (wave-2) pack,

c ) I would not put this nonsense past Moose.  

I remember when Trash Pack started there were 3 waves anyway.  By the time wave-3 came out the visible figures were one you already had, so you were inclined to think you had already bought that pack, even though what you didn't know is that the non-visible figures were new.    

Regardless, Arm Wrestler, purple figures, and yellow figures are out now.  

4/8 figures per pack it seems are dupes from wave-1.  

So assuming there are only 2 waves, you can expect some exclusive to wave-1, some exclusive to wave-2, and a huge glut of dupes common to them both.

Here are the ones in the 2 wave-2 packs.  The visible ones are at the top of each pic.  

Darn I was at TRU buying the few 4 pk variants that I didnt have but didnt see any wave 2. I will have to go to try again soon. 

I ended up buying a few 4 packs with visible figures that I had not previously purchased but had gotten elsewhere. I ended up getting two figures that I needed. I also bought another 4 pk that I had bought previously in order to replace a poor quality figure from the first pack. I can confirm that the packs contents and that of some of the 8 packs I purchased were identical to the contents of the same packs purchased prior to today. What needs to be answered still is if you have to collect all of the variations of the 4 and 8 packs in order to get the set. I say this because I am nearly positive that I have purchased all of the 8 pk variations and was short on all the current run of figures; but was able to make up two of those figures from the two 4 pks that I purchased today. 

Here are the contents of the packs showing what visible figures were shown:

20141207_140641.jpg

20141207_141202.jpg

20141207_141536.jpg

20141207_141941.jpg

20141207_142410.jpg

#21 PaulEWog116

PaulEWog116

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 03:00 PM

Oh wow, hey maybe he can be a one of a kind figure ;)

BIN $600 ;p

Can people please start documenting their pack contents in this thread so we can help everyone get what they are missing? Thanks!

Edited by PaulEWog116, 07 December 2014 - 03:00 PM.

#22 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 07 December 2014 - 04:17 PM

Also, 50% off sale is over.  They are now 20% off. 

#23 PaulEWog116

PaulEWog116

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 09:50 PM

Also, 50% off sale is over.  They are now 20% off. 

Yeah I know, I missed it. :(

#24 Juggy

Juggy

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 10:00 AM

Here are some of my 8-pack results

Showing: 055 Vulturo / 065 Ammo Slammer
Hidden: 050 / 008 / 039 / 114 / 024 / 103

Showing: 071 Claw Breaker / 037 Nerd-inator
Hidden: 117 / 092 / 083 / 006 / 048 / 032

Showing: 007 Eye sore / 047 Gnaw Rat
Hidden: 024 / 045 / 066 / 088 / 110 / 107
*two Reptiles of Rage!

Showing: 085 Leg breaker / 033 Bad Butcher
Hidden: 106 / 049 / 018 / 042 / 027 / 074

Showing: 011 Broog / 101 Maniac Mantis
Hidden: 074 / 117 / 054 / 005 / 034 / 110

Showing: 069 Loco Motive / 033 Bad Butcher
Hidden: 044 / 120 / 005 / 066 / 104 / 061

Showing: 099 Scorpiax / 041 Ragin' Rhino
Hidden: 106 / 004 / 024 / 098 / 077 / 025

Showing: 073 Hammered Head / 041 Ragin' Rhino
Hidden: 086 / 094 / 014 / 110 / 035 / 107

#25 PaulEWog116

PaulEWog116

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 07:01 PM

Awesome, thanks! Keep the info coming guys.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com