Street Fighter SOTA action figures!

• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

#1 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 11 September 2007 - 11:47 AM

Hi Everyone, this used to be my needs list, but since it has gone to more of a discussion topic, that's what it will be. :)

EDIT: Message by URS, edited by Veers. :)

Edited by General Veers, 17 January 2009 - 05:34 PM.

Posted Image

#2 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 11 September 2007 - 06:27 PM

Alright guys! Did some research and got everything straight with this line. :) I just picked up a set of Round 3 Figs off ebay for pretty cheap. So I'm gonna be looking for the rest here shortly. :)

Posted Image

#3 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 06:58 PM

I've been collecting them from the beginning. I've got one of each of Ryu, Sagat, M.Bison, Chun Li, Ken, Blanka, Cammy, T.Hawk, Vega, Gen, Guile, Balrog, Akuma, Fei Long and I got Sakura for my daughter. Sorry I don't have any extras to trade but I've got some info on the line. Ryu and Sagat's secondary market prices went through the roof until the manufacturing plant took the molds hostage and started pumping out more of them unofficially. They are technically bootlegs, but indestinguishable from the original releases. They will most likely be the ones you'll get. SOTA had to get a new manufacturing plant and that's why the rest of the figures haven't come out yet. Just prior to that, the finished and painted sculpts of Zangief and Dee Jay were displayed at Toy Fair. Those have been scrapped. New sculpts have been made but they haven't been shown yet, though Zangief is back in the line-up for the end of the year. E. Honda and Dhalsim are also on the way this year and they have been shown and look great. I'm disappointed that R. Mika is in this wave, because it pushes Dee Jay off till the next wave in 2008 to complete my collection. But at least they're on the way. For a long time it was a big question mark. I've also seen, but I'm not interested in buying, 4 or more variant colors for almost all the figures. There are also sculpt variations of at least 4 of them.

#4 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 07:46 PM

Wow, thanks for the info Kevin. I'm glad someone else here is familiar with the line. I've seen tons of variants out there, many of which I think are a waste, but SOTA needs to keep interest in this line, and many of the compulse collectors are gonna have to have each variant. As far as mold variants, I'm only aware of Vega, Ken, Ryu, and Sagat. Which others are there? As it is I only plan on sticking with one of each character, but if they start to slow down again as it appears they have a habit of doing from what you said and what I've read about, I may start picking up some of the variants here and there. Do you have a pic of your collection you would mind sharing with me. :) There aren't many collection pics that I could find online. DeeJay was one of my favs, but I think I can wait for him. I just hope that since Sota has lost alot of their retail markets that the new lines prices aren't extreme. The preorders of Revolution-1 I've seen are upwards in the $80 dollar mark for the set. But there is a site with a preorder of only $50, until they get released, then they said they were gonna mark them up to full retail.

http://www.amazingto...ighterREV1.html

I'm tempted, but after picking up round 3 I don't have the scratch.

Posted Image

#5 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 08:24 PM

As far as mold variants, I'm only aware of Vega, Ken, Ryu, and Sagat. Which others are there?
Do you have a pic of your collection you would mind sharing with me.

There are actually 3 different sculpts for Ryu, and a Shin Akuma with a different gi top. There was a battle damaged Ryu and Sagat 2 pack that was cancelled at the last minute but lots of pictures and advertising for it got out. I have some really crappy pics I took with a disposable camera, but I plan on taking some good pictures with a digital camera soon. I have them all posed and displayed in a glass case. Gen is the coolest for posing.

#6 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 06:16 AM

But there is a site with a preorder of only $50, until they get released, then they said they were gonna mark them up to full retail.

http://www.amazingto...ighterREV1.html

I'm tempted, but after picking up round 3 I don't have the scratch.

They should be popping up in stores in October.
With the sculpting, paint apps, sturdiness, insane articulation and tons of accessories, in my opinion they are the absolute pinacle of action figure perfection. I wish they would do figures from Mortal Kombat II and Mike Tyson's Punch Out.

#7 Czarcher

Czarcher

Ruling Lands Far And Wide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
  • Interests:Ultraman,
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 12 September 2007 - 06:30 AM

Hey URS,if you like that GITD Blanka you got from me,then you should try to find the SDCC Exclusive GOUKEN. There are a few diffrent variants,but the 'Spirit' one is all crystal blue. It'd look cool next to Blanka! :)

#8 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 07:41 AM

You know Cz, that's something I don't understand either. I read that the Gouken figures were limited releases at the SDCC, and they made only like 300 of his clear variant, but I've seen quite a handful of them on eBay at a pretty reasonable price for an exclusive figure. I guess there aren't alot of SOLID collectors for this line.

I'm mostly stoked about Dhalism and Zangief! I hope Dhalism comes with a head with an Flame attachment. :)

Mike Tyson would be pretty original! Personally I'd like to see them do this with the "Rival Schools" Characters. Those characters are just screaming Highly articulated Action figure! It was also one of my favorite fighters.

Have they planned on doing anything else with the Darkstalkers line?

Posted Image

#9 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 08:31 AM

Have they planned on doing anything else with the Darkstalkers line?

That's another of those lines that had a showing in Toyfare magazine but got scrapped due to the problems with the manufacturing plant. A couple of the figures have been remade for the new incarnation of SOTA and I think it will continue just like Street Fighter. 2007 was a year of rising from the ashes for SOTA and I think their figure lines are ready to resume again.

Edited by kevinmayle, 12 September 2007 - 08:32 AM.

#10 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 06:00 PM

So are the 3 Preview figs, Ryu, Akuma, and Ken, just repaints/molds? Or are they completely articulated differently to show how SOTA has changed the standard articulation format? I hope they don't plan on rearticulating every character over again before they release new ones. :thumbsup:

Is there an official fan/collector board or forum around somewhere Kev? I'd like to get some more information, and possibly open up my trade options further. All my searches just turn up Online stores.

Posted Image

#11 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 09:42 PM

So are the 3 Preview figs, Ryu, Akuma, and Ken, just repaints/molds? Or are they completely articulated differently to show how SOTA has changed the standard articulation format? I hope they don't plan on rearticulating every character over again before they release new ones. :thumbsup:

Is there an official fan/collector board or forum around somewhere Kev? I'd like to get some more information, and possibly open up my trade options further. All my searches just turn up Online stores.

I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure the articulation is the same, but they are new sculpts. I believe they are also a different type of plastic. All the new figures from here on out are supposed to be made with a new plastic. It might just be the heads and accessories that are new sculpts. They were put out quickly to show that the company was back and still going to put out quality product with their new manufacturing plant. They said that it wasn't supposed to mean more redos of the old characters before putting out the rest of the new ones. 2008 should see the remaining figures that were cancelled before the change. Dee Jay, Rolento, Juni (Juli) and Guy. After Dee Jay, all the popular characters will be out, so I wouldn't be surprised to see new remakes of Chun Li, M. Bison (probably a thin version) etc. mixed in with new figures too keep the line going. I don't know of any fan/collector boards, but I'm sure there are some. I remember seeing some where everyone would vote for what figures they'd like to see in the next wave. I believe the remaining figures that still need to be made other than the ones I mentioned are Hugo, Alex, Yun/Yang, Cody, Charlie, Sean, Elena, Maki, Urien/Gill, Geki, Oro, Blade, Eagle, Ingrid, Karin, Poison, Rose, Sawada and Twelve. That would make 48 characters.

Edited by kevinmayle, 12 September 2007 - 10:09 PM.

#12 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 07:53 AM

It would be so sweet to see them actually pull off all of the characters. :thumbsup: I'm anxious out of my eyeballs just waiting to get my round 3 set. There are some remolds of some characters I'd like to see, possibly based off some of the anime shows and whatnot, or the newer Street Fighter games. I have a feeling they won't make through the entire roster though. There may be an increase in Exclusives, that way they can throw out some of the other less known characters.

Your explanation on the Preview figs makes pretty good sense. Thanks for all the help answering my questions Kevin. If you come across any new info or some forum threads from any other boards, feel free to post them here. :cry: I came across some of the old voting threads and one or two discussions about them, but nothing big. Heck there are even some figure reviews here.

Posted Image

#13 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 08:14 AM

Glad I could help. I think the new Street Fighter HD game may continue to breathe life into the toyline. I just wish other companies would follow SOTA's example on how to make an action figure.

#14 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 07:14 PM

Well I just found a very helpful checklist that is updated, by an apparently loyal fan of this line, everytime new information is announced! He lists all the known variations, and also gives VERY helpful downlow on the known bootlegs and how to spot them! :( A few guys who posted also mentioned that a few of their figs broke soon after opening them. I hope that's just because their morons.

http://forums.toynew...p/t1980247.html

I also scrounged up a pick of an Alex figure that was shown at the SDCC 2007. This fig looks great! I'm hoping they round out this run, planned for 2008, with Rolento, DeeJay, and another chick character. (preferably Rose)

http://www.actionfig...C09702.JPG.html

Still havn't gotten my round 3 set, so I'm getting a little sad. :( I keep hoping it comes tomorrow, but when tomorrow comes there is nothing there. :D

Posted Image

#15 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 01:08 PM

Well, tomorrow finally came! I got my Round 3 set in the mail, and my Round 1 Chun-Li!!! They are all KICKANUS!!! That's way better than KickArse or Kick@ss, cause the Anus is the most sensitive part of that region of the body! :lol: After I clean up some of my displays and find a place to stick em I may post some pics. If some of you guys are thinking of getting into this line, then do what I did, pick up one or two figs for starters at a decent price, and see how you like them! Personally, I'm about go buy Round 4 from the BigBadToyStore! This is a great line, and highly recommended for diehard SF fans!

One of the things I love is that they are very well detailed! Probably one of the most noticeably detailed areas of these figures are the eyes, and the Boots/shoes! I'm not kidding! They are wonderful!! The paint apps, and the shading are spectacular. Some figures have their own downsides, but nothing too bad. I really enjoyed the smell that you immediately notice when you cut open the package. They smell like a combo of Fresh Vinyl and Paint!! They smell just like those Ninja Turtle Bed tents that my mom and dad bought me and my brother back in the day! I'm officially hooked on this line, and plan on staying that way until I can't afford to buy them anymore! DARN YOU CZARCHER!!!! ::shakes fist in the air angrily::

Posted Image

#16 Czarcher

Czarcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 21 September 2007 - 01:35 PM

BWAAAAHHAHAHAHA ! My work here is done.
Also URS,or anybody else for that matter; if some of the joints are stiff,and you have trouble working them loose,then just stick the fig in your freezer for like 10-15 minutes,and it should help it loosen up.

#17 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 01:50 PM

Yeah, I had a couple problems with some of the joints sticking, but with some lightly applied pressure I was able to loosen them. You can't force these things, that's for sure! They are too expensive to break, and I think that's what some of the guys who mentioned breaking them right out the package did. So my Moron hypothesis is correct.

Sweet! I apparently got the last round 4 set from BBTS!! Cause they are sold out now!!! All I have to do is slowly piece together rounds 1 and 2, then I can start on the new Revolutions.

Posted Image

#18 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 05:31 PM

http://forums.toynew...p/t1980247.html
http://www.actionfig...C09702.JPG.html

Great links!

#19 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 05:36 PM

Yeah, I had a couple problems with some of the joints sticking, but with some lightly applied pressure I was able to loosen them. You can't force these things, that's for sure! They are too expensive to break, and I think that's what some of the guys who mentioned breaking them right out the package did. So my Moron hypothesis is correct.

I noticed all of mine needed a bit of slow and controlled pressure to work each joint for a second and then they are good to go. None ever broke. But I did get several Marvel Legends figures that practically tore apart with the same method. The thin plastic of the joints was weaker than the paint that was sticking them together. SOTA's figs are much sturdier.

Edited by kevinmayle, 21 September 2007 - 05:36 PM.

#20 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 06:57 PM

Yeah, I was impressed with the sturdy joints of the thinner figures like Chunli and Sakura myself!

Here is a pic of what I currently have. I'll post a new pic after I get a number of other figs. The poses are pretty simple, but I wanted to keep it that way for now. :)

Posted Image

Edited by Universal Ruler Supreme, 04 October 2007 - 08:24 PM.

Posted Image

#21 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 05:36 PM

Heres my updated collection! ^_^ I have an Akuma and a Cammy that aren't pictured.

Posted Image

I'd also like to say that unless your a diehard collector of this series or you just want the Popular characters, you should stay away from the Round 4 series. The quality really took a dip from what it was in the Round 3 Series.
Round 3 was perfect, great figures, great paint apps, and great everything just about, but Round 4 really lacked.
Remy is ugly, and his pant cuffs keep you from really posing this figure in any affective way aside from standing.
Ibuki is okay, but her knee joints were EXTREMELY Tight, and the whole time I tried to get them loose I though I was gonna break her. She is a really pretty figure, but her hand sockets are too tight as well, and I almost broke one of her hands trying to switch it out.
Fei Long and Birdie were cool, and I had high hopes for both, but right out of the package their limbs were EXTREMELY LOOSE! They won't stand without something to prop against, and that really made me sad.:D But Birdie is still one big Bad@ss figure!
Akuma was probably the best figure in this batch.
So far Round 3 seems to be the best. I don't have enough Round 1 figures, but The lack of the shin swivel on that Set really makes posing hard. Round 2 Seems pretty good as well, and I'm currently trying to win all of the Blanka Variants, cause he's cool in any color.

Posted Image

#22 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 08:38 PM

UHH!! :D I'm a sick man! I just bought a full Round 2 set off eGay in the original colors! It came up so fast, and had such a good price on it! ^_^ I...I couldn't pass it up! I'm gonna have to sit this line out for a while.....at least till my wallet gets all better......He's so empty inside....so so empty. :)

Posted Image

#23 Czarcher

Czarcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 30 September 2007 - 06:18 AM

:D hahahaha man you really are addicted. You need the street fighter patch or something :lol:

#24 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 01:13 PM

:D hahahaha man you really are addicted. You need the street fighter patch or something :lol:

Yeah! :D Well, it's not all that bad. I've only spent like $180 bucks on this line so far. And not including you GITD Blanka, that was on like 20 MOC figs, that average from $9 to $15 bucks each. So I"m doing pretty good considering.

Posted Image

#25 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 03:54 PM

Hi Guys! Here is my updated collection thus far. :)

Posted Image

My Blanka Variants, Only need one more. :p Pictures kinda crummy, Had to take it through the glass.

Posted Image

And yes, I sort of accidentally bought a full Round-1 set off eBay. B) Sure as heck cost me enough too. So pretty soon the only Player one fig I'll need is Dan Hibiki.

Also I got some new info on the Revolutions. I asked some questions over at the Action-Figure.com forums in the Ask Sota thread.

Revolution - 2 will consist of DeeJay, Guy, Alex, and Possibly Alpha Chun-Li. This isn't finalized, but I'm pretty sure it's solid at this point.

Also Revolution - 1 was planned to be finished and marketed this month, but I don't think we will see them until the end of the year, or the beginning of next. No biggie, just gives me time to get more of the variants I wanted. :p

Poison at this point is pretty much out of the question as a possible figure due to the fact she is just an NPC and Not many people know who she is. Still possible, but I doubt it.

Hugo, if eventually made, will be the biggest figure in the line.

And Street Fighter EX exclusive characters are currently out of the question due to the fact that ARIKA and not CAPCOM owns the rights to those characters. But a few of the designers over at Sota mention that they would love to do those characters.

As of now, the SF license is up in the air, Nobody really knows how much longer Sota will have it or if they will be able to complete all the Characters. I hope they can, but as it stands, don't get your hopes up for anything past Revolution - 2. They also mentioned that they have some cool ideas brewing for the next ComicCon Exclusives.

Oh, and a Violent Ken variant is out of the question, since he wasn't released under a Street Fighter title as of yet. :D

Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com