• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#76 lazzy lizard

lazzy lizard

fiznucking chillin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts
  • Interests:love to collect all sorts of stuff mainly star wars(new & old), motu (new & old), glyos, beastformers, godzilla, and some 80's cartoons and tv show characters. love making customs too!

Posted 06 July 2010 - 03:48 AM

whiplash isn't a club exclusive, he'll be available for purchase like every other figure on the sale date, except for wun-dar.

i'll have an extra for $30 if u want it?

=)
AIN'T NO PARTY LIKE A BATTLE BEASTS PARTY CAUSE A BATTLE BEAST PARTY DON'T STOP!!!

VISIT MY CUSTOMS GALLERY>> http://www.littlerub...showtopic=17082

#77 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:56 AM

Oh, so what does the Club-Eternia Monthly figure burst thing mean... :D That he is just a monthly figure? I still don't completely understand all this club crap on the site.

I appreciate the offer, but won't be that concerned about getting him early unless it's at regular price.

Right now it's been a day, and the seller I won those 6 figures from still hasn't sent me an invoice. :D He looked like he had never sold anything before, so perhaps he just hasn't figured it out yet.

Posted Image

#78 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 06 July 2010 - 12:52 PM

Club Eternia is the current subscription system for the MOTUC line. For 2010, a person who purchased it will get one figure a month. This is generally the standard new release. They also received a bonus, exclusive figure (Wun-Dar - man, I want one) and an Eternian map.

Mattel reissues an older popular figure every month, and there are also bonus quarterly figures such as Battle Cat and Keldor. This year, Club Eternia members have to order them on the 15th with everybody else. Next year, Club Eternia will become more expensive but cover all of the bonus figures (but not reissues) so that they don't have to deal with the painful experience of ordering from MattyCollector. Unless they still need a reissue.

So Whiplash is going to be as common and easy/difficult to get as your average new monthly release.

Edited by Boaconda, 06 July 2010 - 12:53 PM.

#79 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 01:27 PM

Ok, I was perusing this year's SDCC exclusives when I came across this:

http://www.comic-con...ves/mattel3.jpg

http://www.comic-con...ves/mattel4.jpg

If you look at the 2nd pic, Skeletor is missing a tooth as well.

Classic! :D

#80 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 06 July 2010 - 01:37 PM

That was an AWESOME Robot Chicken sketch. Everything they do with Skeletor is, really.

It makes me happy that Mattel has some sense of humor despite the evils and stupidity of MattyCollector.com.

#81 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 06 July 2010 - 02:51 PM

Yeah, I was surprised when I saw that exclusive as well. But come on, Mo-Larr is just an original and fun idea. The only Robot Chicken sketches that tend to be worth a darn to me are their parodies anyway. I've enjoyed all their Joe, Thundercat, and MOTU skits over the years.

Also, I was looking through the vintage line the other day, and really, they have put quite a dent in the original figures so far in the Classics line. Almost a third of them have been made already.

Posted Image

#82 lazzy lizard

lazzy lizard

fiznucking chillin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts
  • Interests:love to collect all sorts of stuff mainly star wars(new & old), motu (new & old), glyos, beastformers, godzilla, and some 80's cartoons and tv show characters. love making customs too!

Posted 06 July 2010 - 04:16 PM

yeah the robot chicken skits are the best i hope they do a drilled grizzlor later on. :D

and just so you know that was $30 shipped for the figure not $30 + shipping like most others you'll see, i just want to make what i put into it back and ship it off to the buyer. i got 3 subs for the rest of the year, and might drop to 2 for next year w/ the all inclusive deal they got going to save me some stress on sale day.

so who's looking forward to cheif carnivus? not me, but i'm in for the long haul to support the line.

=)

Edited by lazzy lizard, 06 July 2010 - 04:19 PM.

AIN'T NO PARTY LIKE A BATTLE BEASTS PARTY CAUSE A BATTLE BEAST PARTY DON'T STOP!!!

#83 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 06:48 PM

You guys can have your King Grayskulls and eat them too! :thumbsup: I don't know or care for the character in the slightest. Whiplash is currently at the top of my list. For some reason I had a conniption when they unveiled him. If memory serves me right, he may have been the first MOTU figure I had as a kid. And he was always in the front ranks.

Sadly he is supposed to be a club exclusive, so I'll be waiting a while to get one I'm sure. Trapjaw is for sure my next most wanted, followed by all the standard Skeletor Lackies.

I just won't know what to think when they start releasing the Snake Men. Not sure who I want more, Rattlor or Tongue Lashor. I'm just curious how long the more uniquely sculpted characters will take to get released. After all most of the later figures in the line shared few reused parts.

Anyone else curious how Grizzlor will turn out? Or as my Brother and I called him, Dookie. :lol:

Can't wait to see if they get to release the Snakemen. I want King his and Lasher. Kinda curious as to how they would do hiss though.

Grizzlor looked pretty good from the picture that was shown of him.

Ok, I was perusing this year's SDCC exclusives when I came across this:

http://www.comic-con...ves/mattel3.jpg

http://www.comic-con...ves/mattel4.jpg

If you look at the 2nd pic, Skeletor is missing a tooth as well.

Classic! :D

I'm still debating if I should go ahead and get that, I already know I want the Prince Adam/Orko 2 pack. Also Skeletor has a different expression on his face, so its slightly more then just a missing tooth.

That was an AWESOME Robot Chicken sketch. Everything they do with Skeletor is, really.

It makes me happy that Mattel has some sense of humor despite the evils and stupidity of MattyCollector.com.

Also help's that Seth put up the money to have the set made as well. If I got this set I wouldn't know to open it or display it mib since it looks good in package already.

Posted Image

#84 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 03:26 PM

and just so you know that was $30 shipped for the figure not $30 + shipping like most others you'll see, i just want to make what i put into it back and ship it off to the buyer. i got 3 subs for the rest of the year, and might drop to 2 for next year w/ the all inclusive deal they got going to save me some stress on sale day.

so who's looking forward to cheif carnivus? not me, but i'm in for the long haul to support the line.

=)

How do you cover your costs like that? :mellow: Doesn't it cost like $8 bucks shipping per figure?

I'm not interested in Carnivus. When I saw him, I was like really? There are way more interesting 200X characters to do. But it's obvious that alot of fans are diggin him. At least he fits in with the other few 200X figures they have done so far.

I keep looking at the Teela figure, and thinking her head just doesn't look right. It's almost a mix of the original and 200x Teela in sculpt. She just doesn't feel vintage enough to me. Like Adora, she has that original look to her facial structure.

Posted Image

#85 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 01:52 PM

Well, got my first shipment of MOTUC in. Took longer than it should have, the guy did overcharge me on shipping, and his wife packed the figures so she of course sent my Hordak to another person. :confused: This is supposed to be rectified, though I don't know how long it will take. He mentioned he had 3 figures that were never paid for, so I'm gonna try to buy those from him, as his figures were dead mint, and no Smoke smell. Yippee!

I thought I would like the MOTUC Stratos more than I remember liking my original as a kid, but I actually felt the same about him. He isn't bad, but compared to the other 4 I got, he is dead last.
Man-At-Arms is probably my favorite so far, love the armor, love the colors, and the accessories.
I liked my Battle Armor He-Man & Skeletor figures more than the basic ones as a kid, so I was stoked to get BA He-Man. I think his armor is a bit cheap feeling though. Feel like I'd break the clips if I switched out the plates too much.
Skeletor is more than I expected, even after having the TRU version for a little while. The Re-Issue is great, and of exceptional quality, love that havok staff.
Webstor is sweet, nice classic look, and the back pack has a nifty cross with the 200x series Webstor.

Posted Image

#86 lazzy lizard

lazzy lizard

fiznucking chillin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 02:10 PM

i'm so looking forward to getting my keldor tomorrow, and i'm psyched to see what takes place @ sdcc next week, i hope i get some orko's.

=)

#87 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 02:52 PM

did you pre order your orko and molarrs~? i got a few of both, paid for already. i just gotta pick them up. :confused:

#88 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 04:04 PM

I was curious about Adam. I havn't been able to find any comparison shots. Is he the same size as He-Man? He just seems like he would be small, being that he is jammed in the base of the package. I think it would suck if he were smaller than the other figures... But then again, I'm not exactly certain what size the Orko figure is either. I don't like the color Change one myself. I'd rather just have the standard version. I think there should have been a better character to use as a con exclusive. Maybe another unproduced character like He-Ro.

Posted Image

#89 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 04:54 PM

i havent seen comparison pics either, but he looks like fits in the bottom end to end. packaging might have been widened to fit... not sure. i'll take plenty of pics thursday

#90 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 06:00 PM

i havent seen comparison pics either, but he looks like fits in the bottom end to end. packaging might have been widened to fit... not sure. i'll take plenty of pics thursday

I found a post on Poeghostal mentioning that the packaging is larger than normal...So I think that explains it. And please take some pics! I'm curious anyway.

Posted Image

#91 lazzy lizard

lazzy lizard

fiznucking chillin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 03:25 AM

the package is way bigger than the normal figs b/c of the fact that they have adam laying down in the bottom of the tray, typical b/c he was always sleeping somewhere, so why not in the exclusive packaging! :)

i pre-ordered my 2 packs, but i got screwed on my orko's & plastic man's since i shoulda went with first instinct and ordered the orko's first them went back for the rest.

=)

#92 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 06:39 AM

Well, I got a King Randor in today. I was worried, cause at first I though his armor was glued on, but I found those very well hidden snaps on the back. If it's one thing Mattel and the 4H should get mad props for is the amazing tooling designs used on alot of the armors for these figures. Well hidden, strong, and yet easily removable. None of the eye sores we used to get with the vintage armor, or brittle straps or snaps.

And the other seller could not locate the Hordak. I think he was lying to cover his mistake. He had 3 Hordaks for sale at the same time, 1 MOC, and 2 loose. The loose ones used the same photo. I think he mistakenly listed the same figure twice. And didn't realize it till it was packing day. Good news is, he is supposed to be sending me a loose/mint Faker, Adora, and Optikk! And only for an extra $35 bucks with Free S/H! So can't wait to get those in!

Posted Image

#93 lazzy lizard

lazzy lizard

fiznucking chillin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 10:24 AM

thats a great deal for those three figs loose complete.

=)

#94 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 07:53 AM

Got em in today. Really like Adora more than I thought I would. She just has that retro 80's look to her. Faker is of course awesome. Was a little more disappointed in Optikk than I thought I'd be. His green eye has some imperfections around the eye socket, so it doesn't look good, like they didn't paint it properly or something. And his gun doesn't exactly fit very well in his hand. And his shield feels cheap as crap. I can image the clips breaking off at some point. lastly one of his ankles are extremely loose. I may boil it up to see if it will tighten.

Posted Image

#95 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 12:32 PM

So anyone, have a favorite so far from the SDCC reveals? I really liked a lot of them myself.

For some reason, I am mostly impressed with the Palace Guards pack. If they didn't cost $40 a pack, I could easily see myself buying 10 packs. :( 4 different heads, face plates, Left and Right armor pieces, extra chest plates. I think even Mattel may be surprised at how well these sell, and how high the demand afterward will be.

Posted Image

#96 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 12:52 PM

Yeah the Palace Guards are pretty cool, i wish i could have seen them there... i hate how they unveil things at certain times. they didnt have anything New out on Thursday.

#97 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 01:39 PM

I would say for me it would be either King Hiss or Roboto.

Posted Image

#98 lazzy lizard

lazzy lizard

fiznucking chillin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 07:34 PM

seeing the reverse colors stratos in the battle display case did it for me, and grizzlor looks farking sweet!

yeah it does suck that the reveals are on fridays, but it was nice being there for the crazy lines to get the exclusives.

=0

#99 zfisher323

zfisher323

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 07:42 PM

In case there is any interest, I've posted a couple of free he-man checklist apps:
Classics (new) version
Vintage version

If you have images of any of the missing ones and can share, please let me know and I'll update the apps accordingly!

Let me know if you have any recommendations or suggestions.

Zack

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com