72 replies to this topic

#51 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

The beast collector in the boonies...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:46 PM

Hmmm. I might need a lot more then... What to do??!! I don't want to buy 24 just to get 6 figures, but if there are more, I'm all in.

#52 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:49 PM

"This will include 24 random figures, possibly from those shown or others".

That's from the Big Bad Toy Store. The 24 blister pack box, the picture only displays 6 figures and one of them appears to be unpainted. I was going under the assumption that we have yet to see the entire line being released in September.

I think we may still have some beasts to see not in the pictures.

I think what they mean is that the case will include 24 single booster packs, each with a random figure inside. Not that there will be 24 different figures in each case. Most certainly, some figures are going to be rarer than others. For instance, I wouldn't be surprised if the red Burst Lion figure was only one to a case. But then the alligator may be common, and there might be 4-5 of him in each case. It's just randomly dispersed out amongst the single packs. I don't think they would release close to 40 figures (including the single packs and three packs) in the very first series.

#53 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:51 PM

We''l just have to see when more data is available. Does BBTS let you add items to orders? I might go for a case while I can.

#54 Tars Tarkas

Tars Tarkas

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:35 PM

If you saw the prototypes pictures, they had the Tiger there and he wasn't listed on the shown toys. The manga also has the Panda as a major character and he doesn't have a toy shown, either.

Edited by Tars Tarkas, 23 April 2012 - 02:36 PM.

Posted Image

#55 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

Totalitarian Overlord of the Bench Press

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Interests:Powerlifting, MST3K, Death Metal, 80's cartoons, Georgia/NWA Wrestling, Fistful of Power, Kinkeshi

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:20 PM

We''l just have to see when more data is available. Does BBTS let you add items to orders? I might go for a case while I can.

They have a "Pile of Loot" feature that you can turn on. This lets all your items build up and then you can ship them whenever you want. Plus it saves on shipping costs.

#56 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:38 PM

They have a "Pile of Loot" feature that you can turn on. This lets all your items build up and then you can ship them whenever you want. Plus it saves on shipping costs.

Yup. That's what it just did. Very cool.

I ordered a case. I'll be trading come this fall. :)

#57 Kingjaja

Kingjaja

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:31 PM

Yup. That's what it just did. Very cool.

I ordered a case. I'll be trading come this fall. :)

YOU AND ME JON! lol

#58 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

FANtom-2-da-Core/Conceptor/Scanner/Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:58 PM

YOU AND ME JON! lol

Me too, I changed my order and got rid of the 12 single random boosters and ordered 1 case of it instead, I wanna guarantee that I get atleast 1 of every figure within that set. Buying a case is the only way to do so I believe.
What I like to collect (click below)
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

All toys came from the original One Toy :p

#59 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:39 PM

Not sure that 1 case would be enough. Description says that there is 1 rare figure every 6 packs. So I guess that there are more figures available than the 6 shown.

#60 Kingjaja

Kingjaja

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:20 PM

Not sure that 1 case would be enough. Description says that there is 1 rare figure every 6 packs. So I guess that there are more figures available than the 6 shown.

See that's what I'm saying!, man we gonna be doin some old school trading soon! I'm almost on fire about how exited I am.

#61 Bermuda Mohawk

Bermuda Mohawk

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:00 AM

Why would you think that? It says there's 6. The way Takara has done blind packs in the past, you should get 1 set of the normal figures in each case. But that doesn't mean that you couldn't maybe get 12 of 1 beast, and only 2-3 of each other.

And it's called Random Booster Vol.1, which means we'll likely see more volumes with new sculpts if the line continues.

edit: Also, I should add the clear Burst Mode Liogar is the rare chase.

Edited by Bermuda Mohawk, 24 April 2012 - 10:05 AM.

--Dave

#62 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:55 PM

As I can't read japanese I can be totally wrong. It seems that the description says that there is 1 rare every 6 packs. Now it's all about math.

Option 1: all 6 figures shown are the ones and only ones available and the rare is the clear lion. In 1 case you get 4 clear Lions (24/6) and 20 others. If those are more common then you should get more than the lion. You still have 20 packs which means 20 / 5 = 4 of each other characters. If so then they are not rarer than the lion. Option 1 is not true.

Option 2: There is more figures sculpts than the ones shown. If so you still get 4 clear lions and 20 others. But that would mean that you get less than 4 of each others as they are now more than 5. Option is not true.

Option 3: There is more chase than just the clear Lion. In fact I think that there is one chase version for each sculpt. So in one case you get 4 chase and 20 regulars. 20/6 = 3 or 4 of each regular version. But you only get 4 chase of the 6 available. This is what make me say that 1 case could not be enough to complete a full serie.

Option 4: I have not understand anything and all this speculations are craps.
(Option 4bis: Description is wrong.)

Edited by lord, 24 April 2012 - 01:56 PM.

#63 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:03 PM

Your option 3 sounds very plausible.

#64 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:08 PM

Well look at it this way the original BBs came out with around 28 different figures in its first wave. Probably more, I can get a precise count right now.

BS I count so far in the first wave:
19 total figures
-2 chase
-1 exclusive

That would still leave around 9 less figures in the first wave compared to BB, BUT say Takara follows the same quantity release plan from the past to the present, which really could represent 3 more sets, since the sets in BS are 3-figure sets. We are only shown 19 figures but perhaps the total is more like 28 or so same as Beastformers back then when it did its first wave run.

So the possibility that there could be more figures not shown in wave 1 seems more likely to me.

I gotta admit seeing that many BS figures shown on BBTS this early is surprising, which makes me think its only a fraction of what is planned.
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

#65 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:25 PM

I have a feeling we are going to see a bunch of repaints as well.

#66 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:09 PM

Good news. The tradepaperback issue 1 is schedulded for a august release. More news as soon as I get some.

#67 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:20 PM

I use to have my own scanlation group and was the typesetter, so perhaps I'll get back into it and scanlate it when its available.
Spoiler
-Walter Benjamin

#68 b00sted

b00sted

The b00sted One!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Interests:Mega Bloks
    Battle Beasts
    Battlefield Heroes
    Android Modding

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:35 PM

I would virtual hug the person that makes a proper digital scan of it.
Posted Image

#69 Indissoluble Koburanda

Indissoluble Koburanda

IK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:20 PM

Beast Saga Manga vol. 1 is out in Japan. I've included a scan of the bookjacket. ISBN978-4-08-870495-1. It just hit newsstands and can be found on Amazon Japan. See link below ...
Beast Saga Manga vol. 1 @ Amazon.co.jp

Attached Files

Edited by Indissoluble Koburanda, 09 August 2012 - 07:28 PM.

#70 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:32 PM

I received it 2 days ago. It includes an offer to receive a figure if I understand it well.

#71 Indissoluble Koburanda

Indissoluble Koburanda

IK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:12 PM

I think I see what you're talking abt. ... Bottom-Left corner of the ribbon that comes around the bookjacket? (pic attached)

Attached Files

Edited by Indissoluble Koburanda, 09 August 2012 - 08:14 PM.

#72 Indissoluble Koburanda

Indissoluble Koburanda

IK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:18 PM

It also looks as if there is some type of "1-point" on the back inside flap of the ribbon to clip and potentially redeem for something (pic attached).

Attached Files

Edited by Indissoluble Koburanda, 09 August 2012 - 08:21 PM.

#73 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:18 AM

I quickly checked the Beast Saga Manga vol. 1 today and I noticed some differences with the Saikyo Jump story. Some pages have different drawings. I will try to post side by side pages to show you what I mean.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com