6 replies to this topic

#1 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1853 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:00 AM

The year in which Diamond Select Toys will launch a new BB line.
Due to some connections i've been able to get a first prototype of this line and I would like to share it with all of you;

Attached File  Toad_1.JPG   151.36K   138 downloadsAttached File  Toad_4.JPG   163.14K   140 downloadsAttached File  Toad_6.JPG   346.22K   93 downloadsAttached File  Toad_8.JPG   421.33K   65 downloads

I think its way beyond any expectations and he looks way cool!
What are your thougths about him?!

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Ok, its not a DST prototype but a CUSTOM PAINTED FIGURE BY PLASTIC PLAYHOUSE .
And since not all of the BB gangsters on here are checking out the custom section I thought I would set up a topic to make sure he gets the attention it deserves as its a great job in my opinion. I've been bumping into quite some custom BB so far but this is way beyond any of the ones I've seen so far. At first instance I requested Rick (Plastic Playhouse) to paint me my own Avatar, which has turned out great as well and I send him a Toad to surprise me................... couldn't have expected that would turn out into this. Holding him beside the original it just wasn't a fair battle anymore. This Toad is the start of a new private project that'll get shape this year with the skills of PLASTIC PLAYHOUSE. Knowing that this figure together with my Rabbits was his first BB custom paint ever I think he'll get a busy year as he has surely proven to be an insane BB painter with painting this Toad!
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I would suggest DST to contact our design friend directly and make him head designer of the new line, than I'm sure it'll be a succes story if not I think this really is the best 'prototype' that'll pop up this year :)

Happy New Year to y'all!

Edited by GJNL, 01 January 2012 - 12:00 AM.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#2 TOPHER

TOPHER

Chit Happens.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1228 posts
  • Interests:My Recording Studio, Video Games, Shelby Cobras, M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle/Laser/Greek Beasts, MIMP+WIMP, Remco Mini Mashers, Figurines holding any kind of musical instrument, Weird Ball Wrestlers......

Posted 01 January 2012 - 02:47 AM

Nice painted Froggy.
"Best'prototype' that'll pop up this year"
We still have 364 days left this year,I'm sure
we'll get at least a runner up too. :lol:

'On Sale' or 'For Sale'. It's really the same thing! The word, 'Sale' means YOU CAN BUY IT,
not that it is discounted. We as consumers are conditioned to think"On Sale"means it's cheaper.
Posted Image

#3 PlasticPlayhouse

PlasticPlayhouse

Mr. SparkleTits

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • Interests:TMNT, m.u.s.c.l.e., GPK's, Classic NES, Transformers...pretty much anything pop-culture related from the 80's & 90's

Posted 01 January 2012 - 09:44 AM

Thanks GJ, glad you like it! I had a lot of fun painting your battle beasts for you and I look forward to the new project! There's lots of possibilities for BB's. It's going to loads of fun! If anyone else is interested in getting a custom figure done, you can find more info and examples here:
http://www.littlerub...=0
Want to commission me to customize your m.u.s.c.l.e. or any other figure??? then click the link below for further info and message (PM) me if interested :)

http://www.littlerubberguys.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=69686&pid=351254&st=0&#entry351254

#4 Clawfreak

Clawfreak

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1993 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 11:00 AM

Damn Rick!! you are smokin em my friend!!

Edited by Clawfreak, 01 January 2012 - 11:01 AM.

#5 DSTZach

DSTZach

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:02 AM

Great custom paint job PP!

#6 joofish

joofish

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:51 AM

OMG - that looks really really horrible, best thing about it is its substantially different enough from the original not to affect the market in original figures.

Very last thing anyone should want is reissue of original BB/LB as if Transformers are anything to go by reissues will totally kill the market prices of original issue toys - fine if your'e just starting - disaster if you have spent a fortune on original gear - just sayin.

J.

#7 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 01:13 AM

OMG - that looks really really horrible, best thing about it is its substantially different enough from the original not to affect the market in original figures.

Very last thing anyone should want is reissue of original BB/LB as if Transformers are anything to go by reissues will totally kill the market prices of original issue toys - fine if your'e just starting - disaster if you have spent a fortune on original gear - just sayin.

J.

I dont think you read the whole post, its a custom paint job of an original. he was messin around. :yes:

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com