255 replies to this topic

#51 AmoiMan

AmoiMan

Garlic Energized

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1614 posts

Posted 29 April 2003 - 07:45 AM

I'd have to say Binghamton is pretty ill. I transferred from Union College in Schenectady (which sucked)this spring. I have an apartment here, so I really don't have much contact with the campus itself. As for b1tcha55es, you may very well be right, haha....but they're everywhere. Such is life....
I like the city itself, though, and I have a bunch of friends here.

I actually almost applied to Geneseo, but I felt like it was too far from home, haha.
Posted Image

#52 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2003 - 07:47 AM

We’ve got a pretty good topic, let’s try and steer it back. Thanks. :)

#53 Wraith

Wraith

alive and kickin'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts

Posted 29 April 2003 - 02:23 PM

i dont do anything useful, sometimes i buy stuff for cheap and try to sell it on ebay for a profit, other times i skip lunch and save the money. im trying to get a job but this is the lowest the economy has been in over 37 years so there are tons of adults who were laid off and they are looking for jobs and if i compete with an adult, i would probably lose because im a teenager.
......Posted Image....................................................
Petition to Get Generation 1 to USA
What I'm selling on Ebay

#54 Imp

Imp

Cranky Gorillaz Gal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2367 posts

Posted 29 April 2003 - 03:35 PM

Let's just say I work for an agency that's real popular on April 15, and leave it at that... ^_^

BTW, Wraith, you might have a better chance at a job than you think, because of your inexperience. I hate to say it, but I'm sure some folks would love to take advantage of your brains at a lower salary, simply because of your age.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Congratulations! Taxes, titles, licenses, and fees, not included.

My Live Journal. Because obviously you need to know how my day went. How's yours?

#55 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 29 April 2003 - 03:43 PM

Let's just say I work for an agency that's real popular on April 15, and leave it at that... ^_^

tHE pOST oFFICE? ^_^

#56 SpectreSuperSix5

SpectreSuperSix5

I am not a number. I'm a free man

• Old Guard
  • 2598 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, M.U.S.C.L.E., Xbox 360, firearms, grilling, muscle cars, zombies, and Cartoon Network.

Posted 29 April 2003 - 04:29 PM

Let's just say I work for an agency that's real popular on April 15, and leave it at that...

My bet is she works at a philly cheese steak place. Those places are always real popular, so why not on april 15th? ^_^
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast

#57 pasvagrsvj

pasvagrsvj

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 29 April 2003 - 04:40 PM

I've worked at Toys R Us for...9 YEARS! I'm the manager of the video game department. Also known as R-Zone. I have an Associate's Degree in Advertising and Graphic Design, which I do absolutely nothing with.

#58 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 29 April 2003 - 04:47 PM

you live close? I go about a 100 mile radius from san jose. I'll be there tomarrow. J/k

^_^ Hmm, San Jose is just a small drive to where I live in Virginia Beach!

#59 swoodington

swoodington

Your only as strong as your weakest link.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 29 April 2003 - 06:02 PM

you live close? I go about a 100 mile radius from san jose. I'll be there tomarrow. J/k

^_^ Hmm, San Jose is just a small drive to where I live in Virginia Beach!

Alright its a date!!!
Its all mind over matter, If you don't mind It doesn't matter.

#60 Doctor Dew

Doctor Dew

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 29 April 2003 - 10:11 PM

i am an independently contracted process server. so on tax day i fill out forms as "owning my own business".
basically what i do is drive around all day and knock on people's doors and show up at their work and serve them legal papers. mostly lawsuits, subpeonas, divorce papers, small claims lawsuits etc. or i drop off garnishment papers at their job so they start getting money taken out of their paycheck. basically, people love me!!
but the constant lying, the obvious deceit, the outrageous tempers, and the hilarious insults are what makes my job so dam interesting. it also allows me to tell fun stories to all of my friends. real quick:
I knock on the door and ask for Dan Monroe. Guy who answered says he isnt Dan. i ask if he is sure, he says yes and he has never even heard of a Dan Monroe. but then he asks if he can take a message for Dan Monroe. i remind him that he told me he doesnt even know a Dan Monroe so why would he take a message for him? he looks confused and then i ask him if maybe Dan Monroe used to live at that address. the guy puffs up and says: "No, I've lived here for over ten years."
So I turn to go and as i am leaving i say to him, "thats funny, because your mailbox right there (i point) says "Monroe" right on it!"

too dam funny!

#61 max powerz

max powerz

*squish squish* ^_^

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 07:11 AM

lol, great story.
I Sell some ultimate muscle and m.u.sc.l.e stuff, email/pm me for details
#012 king muscle (green foil lettering)
#013 terryman (green foil letterings)
#020 ramenman (blue foil letterings)
#045 kinikudriver (red and green foil letterings)
Series 2 CCG cards All and All Series 2 figures
Starcom Needs: ALL. Doubles, tripples, etc... Any condition welcome.

#62 AmoiMan

AmoiMan

Garlic Energized

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1614 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 07:55 AM

Yeah, mad funny. :D Damn liar :D
Posted Image

#63 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 06:45 PM

:lol: That is a funny story, Doctor Dew!! I have heard similiar stories from the process servers that I use.

#64 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 10:16 AM

I fancy myself as a world destroyer, spending most of my days kicking asses and taking names. Sometimes I take a day off to read a good book, surf for questionable adult material, and spend time with my bi.tches. Lately I have been training my super dooper rare twin sons in the arts of a.ss kicking and name taking, they are quite the terrors indeed. Along with uncle Red Claw "The four fingered terror" we'll sit around the house, drink beer, and bit.ch slap all that opposes us.

Hahahahaha.

Bump for the newbies.

Also, guys, update your info.

#65 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 02:15 PM

I'm an editor.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#66 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 25 August 2005 - 02:39 PM

Wow, two years to the date almost since this post originated and would you believe I still eat crayons for a living?

#67 pfisteria

pfisteria

Sol

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 05:35 AM

I work in the Reference Department of the local city-county library system.
"If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life."

#68 Mr. T

Mr. T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 08:22 AM

I'm part of a crack commando unit was falsely charged with a crime we didn't commit and on the side we run around helping people in trouble with our monster vehicles we build from scrap in a matter of minutes. Also we have the uncanny ability of not killing anyone or for that matter shooting anyone with our AK-47s....
:D

Actually, don't hate me for this, I'm a 3d world artist for Nintendo at Retro Studios.
I've worked on Metroid Prime 2 and I'm currently on MP3.

Posted Image

#69 gilgar

gilgar

Supertzar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2706 posts
  • Interests:Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, NWOBHM, Punk, Hardcore, Thrash -->CDs, Albums, Videos, DVDs, MP3's, etc.

Toys, Toys, Toys especially vintage & old cars! HW (esp. redlines), Dealer Promos, SSPs, et. al., kinnikuman, SD kinkeshi, M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, & anything else that catches my eye

Posted 26 August 2005 - 11:54 AM

I work in the Collection Dept of a Large National Taxing Agency :D

The past couple of years I've been working as a Systems Analyst, running reports, crunching data, analyzing trends, etc. plus doing grunt computer stuff, troubleshooting PCs, printers and software applications, hooking up equipment, maintaining phone equip, etc, for the Collection Representatives. My permanent position is a Collection Manager i.e. the guy you ask for when the Collection Rep won't release your refund or the levy on your wages, bank accounts and/or other sources of income due to your non payment of taxes owed.

Any opinions expressed on this forum are entirely my own and do not represent the agency for which I work.
Posted Image
the slime of all my yesterdays
rots in the hollow of my skull

they will pick up snakes in their hands, and if they drink any deadly thing, it will not harm themPosted Image

#70 Imp

Imp

Cranky Gorillaz Gal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2367 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 04:03 PM

I work in the Collection Dept of a Large National Taxing Agency :D

I work for the same place, only I help people find missing money. Which sometimes they need when Gilgar puts the screws on 'em.

Any opinions expressed on this forum are entirely my own and do not represent the agency for which I work.

What he said. :lol:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Congratulations! Taxes, titles, licenses, and fees, not included.

My Live Journal. Because obviously you need to know how my day went. How's yours?

#71 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 26 August 2005 - 06:28 PM

I work for the same place, only I like to be naked all the time.

Do you guys work together? Like see each other every day? That is cool. I don't get to see anybody from the boards :lol: except for huge events like comic con where I got to meet a couple studs this year :D

#72 AmoiMan

AmoiMan

Garlic Energized

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1614 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 06:35 PM

Actually, don't hate me for this, I'm a 3d world artist for Nintendo at Retro Studios.
I've worked on Metroid Prime 2 and I'm currently on MP3.

holy shizznit!!!! if you're serious, that's incredibly awesome

i work at burlington coat factory right now...looking to get back into radioshack and i'm finishing my psych degree this fall...graduating in december
Posted Image

#73 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 08:30 PM

looking to get back into radioshack..

Really? I worked for the Shack for 7 years. 3 1/2 as top salesman and 3 1/2 as a Leaders Club manager. Ended up at the top store in the district before I got sick of chasing out the 50 year old shoplifters.

#74 gilgar

gilgar

Supertzar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2706 posts
  • Interests:Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, NWOBHM, Punk, Hardcore, Thrash -->CDs, Albums, Videos, DVDs, MP3's, etc.

Toys, Toys, Toys especially vintage & old cars! HW (esp. redlines), Dealer Promos, SSPs, et. al., kinnikuman, SD kinkeshi, M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, & anything else that catches my eye

Posted 27 August 2005 - 09:40 AM

I work for the same place, only I like to be naked all the time.

Do you guys work together? Like see each other every day? That is cool. I don't get to see anybody from the boards :angry: except for huge events like comic con where I got to meet a couple studs this year :M:

Nah, Imp's in Philly, I'm in Texas...still kinda wild meeting someone from the same employer.

Mr. T, I agree with Amoi that's really cool. I used to have a coworker whose husband also worked at IRS and he quit to work for ID software. It was kinda cool cuz evertime I picked up any ID games his name & picture would be in there. Did ID become 3D realms? because he was also on my old Duke Nukem CD.
Posted Image
the slime of all my yesterdays
rots in the hollow of my skull

they will pick up snakes in their hands, and if they drink any deadly thing, it will not harm themPosted Image

#75 Siccx Degree

Siccx Degree

Home of The Whopper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1139 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 12:51 PM

A bit has changed since I first posted my occupation here, while I still run my own graphics design company, I've also become the in house graphic artist for DarkerSound Entertainment Music group, graphic artist for Blacklisted411: The Official Hackrs Magazine, and I'm also involoved in doing the promotional graphics for The Murder Master Music Show on WNDY IndieHitz.com every friday, I've also got a few projects I'm doing right now including the graphics for The Murder Master Music Show mixtape, The Dayton Family's official website, The Street Monster project, and I've got my hands in a few other things as well, overall, I'm doing really good these days...

260199921_b3fdfe42ca.jpg

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com