• This topic is locked This topic is locked
127 replies to this topic

#51 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 26 June 2003 - 03:48 PM

I agree, as this argument has been about preference, and not the actual deed.
I just through that out for arguments sake, hehe. :huh:

Toy man is correct in a way. No one HERE knows for sure. We are all making assessments based on our personal experiences and the word of others.

You could argue that homosexuality is an aquired trait, as young kids get crushes and get smitten by members of the opposite sex, but the homosexuality doesn't appear until adolescence or the teenage years.

But as no one knows what is really going on in the head of a newborn or a toddler, it really IS supposition.

I would argue that you are not homosexual until you act upon those urges. Human emotion is a very complicated thing. Admiration can easily turn into desire of one sort or another if a person is open to it. (i.e. barriers have been removed).

But I disagree that humans are born with desires contrary to their genetic disposition to reproduce.

#52 mimoman

mimoman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 26 June 2003 - 04:36 PM

But I disagree that humans are born with desires contrary to their genetic disposition to reproduce.

But how do you know anyone HAS a genetic disposition? And how do you know that if they do have one, it dictates that they reproduce? And how do you know that it cannot change?

I think some of you are forgetting, we don't really know that much about genetics. The Double Helix we believe we have is an actually quite dated theory. And it is only that, a theory.

#53 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 26 June 2003 - 05:37 PM

Look at it at a really basic level. What do being homosexual or hetrosexual do for the species? Homo does nothing but waste lives. hetro Brings in the next generation. Which one is counter productive?

Interesting. I love how people can view the same thing so differently. Pretty cool. Anyway, I always viewed homosexuality as very import and productive. It is nature's way of making sure humans don't suffer from overpopulation. I always viewed disease, war and homosexuality as nature's various ways to insure that overpopulation does not take place.

#54 Chibi Riya

Chibi Riya

PirateLord Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1445 posts

Posted 26 June 2003 - 06:01 PM

Im saying this for no reason but I think it will goes with this thread though (if it confused you at first, please read again and try to figure it out. It is kind of like a puzzle):

Imagine a black dark gameboard with a glowing numbered dice sitting there.
You can see white dots as paths to many different directions. You can also see a smooth shining ball in the air.

Imagine yourself being a mover on the gameboard. You are stuck in the box for long time. Then the box is torned open and you are finally being able to move on the gameboard. You can still see the smooth shining ball in the air. As you move upon the number on the rolled dice, you continue moving and choosing different path on your own.

You can still see this smooth ball in the air.......

It can either grow bigger

OR

it can either grow spikes

But it grow bigger or grow spikies depend on what you have choosen which way on your path.

As you continue following the number on the dices, you choosen more paths.

When you are drawing near the finals, you have 2 choices.

However, you cannot choose that path. The fate choose it for you depend on what you have done in your life and what your own ball look like. Your ball can either be stil smooth but larger than ever or all spikey or somewhat between in it.

After all of this, the game is over.

[ Yuujou Power ]
FULL ON FRIENDSHIP! 8D

#55 Beligerant1

Beligerant1

Boobie Smooth the Politician

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., now just the colored figs since i have a complete flesh set; video games; ebay; work

Posted 26 June 2003 - 06:02 PM

yeah but then you have crack addicts on welfare that each have ten kids, when middle class families cant afford much more than two or three kids, and you see that nature is effing pinheaded

... or then again thats probably our society thats pinheaded not so much nature

Edited by Beligerant1, 26 June 2003 - 06:03 PM.

Anytime somebody needs you, don't let them down, although it grieves you, Some day you'll need someone like they do, looking for what you knew - LZ

#56 AmoiMan

AmoiMan

Garlic Energized

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1614 posts

Posted 26 June 2003 - 07:06 PM

ok, I haven't been on the board in a few days, and I'm too tired to read everyone else's posts, but i still want to say what I think.

i think same sex marriages will be allowed
i don't think same sex marriages from foreign countries should be recognized until those types of marriages can occur within the US
and i think that everything possible should be done to discourage homosexual activity, including laws

Why? not because of old religious law or any kind of other bull, but because it simply wasn't meant to be that way. look at the human anatomy. nuff said

Edited by AmoiMan, 26 June 2003 - 07:06 PM.

Posted Image

#57 ToyMan

ToyMan

geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 26 June 2003 - 07:18 PM

without getting too graphic, what are you talking about?

it fits, does it not?

#58 AmoiMan

AmoiMan

Garlic Energized

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1614 posts

Posted 26 June 2003 - 07:35 PM

the reproductive systems, not the effin digestive system
Posted Image

#59 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 26 June 2003 - 07:51 PM

Classic! :huh:

Dude that was funny as hell!

#60 mimoman

mimoman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 26 June 2003 - 08:23 PM

I don't understand how homosexuality = anal sex. I don't get that at all.

#61 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 26 June 2003 - 10:27 PM

yeah but then you have crack addicts on welfare that each have ten kids, when middle class families cant afford much more than two or three kids, and you see that nature is effing pinheaded

... or then again thats probably our society thats pinheaded not so much nature

Actually, I'd argue that the individuals are usually at fault there.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#62 Beligerant1

Beligerant1

Boobie Smooth the Politician

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., now just the colored figs since i have a complete flesh set; video games; ebay; work

Posted 27 June 2003 - 03:47 AM

hetero people have lots of anal sex too, its definately not just a gay thing
Anytime somebody needs you, don't let them down, although it grieves you, Some day you'll need someone like they do, looking for what you knew - LZ

#63 ToyMan

ToyMan

geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 27 June 2003 - 04:01 AM

oh, so you reproduce every single time you have sex? wow.

and to continue with this logic, all of you people who aren't reproducing every time you have sex are perverting the very process of intercourse. stop using condoms, birth control, or any sort of sexual aid.

oh, and you can stop masturbating, because that's a waste of reproductive capacity, too.

Edited by ToyMan, 27 June 2003 - 04:04 AM.

#64 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
  • Interests:Sega Master System and Segas other Consoles and games., Legos
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 27 June 2003 - 05:11 AM

Look at it at a really basic level.  What do being homosexual or hetrosexual do for the species?  Homo does nothing but waste lives.  hetro Brings in the next generation.  Which one is counter productive?

If gay people can't choose to become straight then stright people can't choose to become gay right?

Thats a little too basic, what about homosexual couples that adopt children, what about the jobs that homosexuals have that contribute to society, I guarantee you there are queer lawyers, doctors, nurses, paramedics, architects, and on and on. And what about lesbians, they bring me a great deal of pleasure when i get to see two of them together, haha, thats a pretty good contribution to the species. Just because someone doesnt propagate doesnt mean they dont ensure the survival of the species. Look at ants and bees, there are thousands of soldiers and workers of which none can reproduce, you gonna tell me that they serve no evolutionary purpose for their species?

I wasn't saying that gays do nothing for society. I have a friend who I work with who is gay and she is one of the nicest people I know. Her and her Partner are foster parents and are going through a ton of crap because of the parent(s) being stupid, not because they are gay.

Homosexual couple can not reproduce together. They can not have children of there own. They don't pass on there genes. That is going against nature right?

Which brings up a question. If it is genetic say a gay man and lesbian are really good friends. She wants to have a child and he says he will donate the sperm. If she gets pregnant will the baby be born gay since both the parents are? They are passing there genes on to the child afterall.

As far as ants and bees. The soldiers and workers do there job to insure the survival of the colony. Workers make the colony and gather the food. Soldiers deffend it. They both are 100% female as well. Males are used for breeding only. What that has to do with anything I dunno just a fact to throw in there.
"I've always believed that a lot of the trouble in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other." Ronald Regan - April 11, 1984

#65 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2003 - 05:40 AM

Even the studies that Veers quotred admitted that it is most likely social and environmental circumstances, making it an aquired trait.

It’s a bummer when I don’t check the board at home, and then I get to work and check it and there are TONS of responses.

First, Rokk thanks for clearing that point up. The more I thought about the more problems I saw arising. It would certainly start a slippery slope.

Second, the stuff I was citing didn’t say it was entirely environment. It was saying that homosexuality is better measured on a spectrum, and shouldn't be thought of as “either-or”.

Which is what I agree with. I think there are some, actually most, people that are born gay. However, there are SOME that choose to be gay or bisexual.

This thread is exhausting. B)

Edited by General Veers, 27 June 2003 - 05:41 AM.

#66 ToyMan

ToyMan

geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 27 June 2003 - 05:53 AM

hetero people have lots of anal sex too, its definately not just a gay thing.

yeah, no sexual behaviour exhibited by homosexuals is exclusively "gay" behaviour. great point.

#67 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 27 June 2003 - 05:57 AM

i don't think same sex marriages from foreign countries should be recognized until those types of marriages can occur within the US
and i think that everything possible should be done to discourage homosexual activity, including laws

Wait, maybe I missed something. You will let gays get married, gain all the legal rights of a spouse and enable them to adopt children and have a family. But, you would pass laws saying they can't have sex in the privacy of their own homes?

Edited by Rokk, 27 June 2003 - 06:00 AM.

#68 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 27 June 2003 - 06:04 AM

It’s a bummer when I don’t check the board at home, and then I get to work and check it and there are TONS of responses.

Totaly agree with you there Veers.

If your a guy do the simple math more is better in this case right? 3 vs. 2.

oh, so you reproduce every single time you have sex? wow.

Now that would be a trick takeing into consideration anal and oral sex. B)

The point is a homosexual couple can never reproduce through homosexual activity.

EDIT:
Side bar: What is with it adding in ’ where a ' should be from a quote?

Edited by Adamantiumwulf, 27 June 2003 - 06:12 AM.

"I've always believed that a lot of the trouble in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other." Ronald Regan - April 11, 1984

#69 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 27 June 2003 - 06:10 AM

Wait, maybe I missed something. You will let gays get married, gain all the legal rights of a spouse and enable them to adopt children and have a family. But, you would pass laws saying they can't have sex in the privacy of their own homes?

You can't legeslate morality.

yeah, no sexual behaviour exhibited by homosexuals is exclusively "gay" behaviour. great point.

A guy haveing anal sex with a guy would be exclusively gay.
A woman straping on a fake unit and haveing anal sex with a woman is exclusivley gay.

#70 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2003 - 06:23 AM

Totaly agree with you there Veers.

If your a guy do the simple math more is better in this case right? 3 vs. 2.

EDIT:
Side bar: What is with it adding in ’ where a ' should be from a quote?

I don't know why that happens to me sometimes? B)

I'm sorry, I didn't undestand this, "If your a guy do the simple math more is better in this case right? 3 vs. 2."

What did you mean? :D

#71 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 27 June 2003 - 07:16 AM

I'm sorry, I didn't undestand this, "If your a guy do the simple math more is better in this case right? 3 vs. 2."

What did you mean? B)

A girl has three a guy has two.

#72 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2003 - 07:25 AM

Holes! I get it now. :p

I guess I'm a little slow this morning. ^_^

#73 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 27 June 2003 - 07:52 AM

You can't legeslate morality.

I totally agree.

#74 ToyMan

ToyMan

geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 27 June 2003 - 07:55 AM

sorry wulf, i find that a lot of your points rely on semantics.

#75 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 27 June 2003 - 08:24 AM

yeah, no sexual behaviour exhibited by homosexuals is exclusively "gay" behaviour.  great point.

Correct, but it IS all un-natural.

Anything except for vaginal is a perversion (literally) of nature's way for us to reproduce.

Take this as you will, but it is fact.

We are mammals. How many other mammals have anal, oral or other "forms" or sex?

So to say that homosexuality is natural, is a farce.

This is what always gets me with people. Everyone always wants to make excuses for the things they do, that they know deep inside are different, but they find any excuse to say they are normal.

Someone is a homosexual, "I was born that way"
Someone molests a child, "I was molested as a child"
Someone shoplifts, "The corporations make enough money"
Someone lies, "[Insert lame excuse here]"

The fact is, we were all instilled with a conscience when we were born, yet when we decide to go against it, we try to make stupid excuses for the action, instead of being honest with ourselves and saying, "Yeah, so what, I enjoy doing it!"

If I get a hummer, I realize that it is not the way nature intended me to have sex, but I enjoy it, so why not?

If I eat a greasy McDonalds hamburger, I realize that it is unhealthy for me, but I do it anyways because I like it!

Come on people, be HONEST with yourselves. Homosexuality is a choice made by people who enjoy deviant behavior, and try to make excuses to justify WHY they do it. That's bullshizznit. It's not natural or pre-programmed. It is a choice.

Personally I think homosexuality is repulsive. It gags me to think of kissing another guy or effing some guy in the arse. But you know what, if someone else wants to do that, who cares, let them. This is a free country and what two adults want to do is their business, as long as it doesn't infringe on my rights.

Should they get special concessions under the law? Uh, NO. They are not a minority. It is a sexual preference, nothing more, nothing less.

Homosexuality is the same as getting a hummer or pedophilia, it is a sexual preference. Except that in the case of homosexuality and a blow jow, it is two consenting adults, not some child molestor who should have his pecker lopped off.

That being said, believing human origins from a creationist stance, I do not believe that sex was created exclusively for reproduction, else a couple would conceive everytime they copulated.

Look, if you want to be gay, then be gay, if you want to get a hummer, then get a hummer. But be honest with yourself, you do it because you like it, not because you are pre-programmed to do it. ^_^

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com