• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 LethalWhip

LethalWhip

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • Interests:Transformers, G.I.Joe, Star Wars, Battle Beasts, and Gormiti.

Posted 12 April 2017 - 11:43 PM

Well, if you dig Battle Beasts and Gormiti... there's a new Italian line, Megantik by Diramix, that looks very awesome. They are a bit stylized, which I know doesn't appeal to everyone, but they look awesome to me. It's been a while since I posted regularly here, basically not much since Gormiti ended in the states, but I think I left in good standing. I don't know if anyone in Italy is interested in helping us get these stateside. I really like the look. 

http://www.megantik.it/

http://www.megantik.it/la-collezione/

#2 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1852 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 13 April 2017 - 01:40 AM

Did you check this out? ;)

http://www.littlerub...255034&p=678128

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#3 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 13 April 2017 - 01:44 PM

I am personally very excited for this line, but am very disappointed with the fact it's in Italy-only at the moment. There is an Italian collector out there who bought up several boxes for collectors, but they've all since been sold to their new owners.

There are some really great sculpts in this line.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#4 LethalWhip

LethalWhip

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 09:18 PM

I figured that "Other Toys and Toylines" is where this line might fall as it is not true Battle Beasts. Thanks for the link to the topic :D

#5 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1852 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 14 April 2017 - 02:32 AM

I figured that "Other Toys and Toylines" is where this line might fall as it is not true Battle Beasts. Thanks for the link to the topic :D

Valid point :) Since the page I created with the Review was done from the perspective of the BB I thought I´d place it there but I understand that it might make a bit more sense out here. So if the Mods decide it´d suit better here I leave it up to them to move it, whatever works best.

I am personally very excited for this line, but am very disappointed with the fact it's in Italy-only at the moment. There is an Italian collector out there who bought up several boxes for collectors, but they've all since been sold to their new owners.

There are some really great sculpts in this line.

Due to the amount of interest from the US and the amount of fellow collectors and friends out there I´m looking into a way to possibly send a couple of sets out to the US in a larger box to have them distributed from there. Shipping costs do add up quite a bit but it might be worthwhile so for those who have not been able to get a set yet contact me via a PM and I´ll get you some details to see if we can get a list filled.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#6 LethalWhip

LethalWhip

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 10:03 AM

Well it looks like you can get a box for 64.99Euro with 32.90Euro for shipping on Ebay.it  Close to $7USD average per figure after conversion. I don't think that is horrible, less than a Marvel, Star Wars, or GIJoe figure. Not to mention there's not really anything on the market now besides vintage to fill your BB fix. Although I would love to see carded two-packs. :)

#7 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1852 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 14 April 2017 - 03:44 PM

True on the ordering from Italy part so from that point of view its good to have confirmed that the boxes do include the full line of all 15 figures within the 15 blind bags but on the other hand, as my review showed, buying a blind box from Italy might also bring a risk as my Headless Revolveragno find showed. So far I´ve opened a couple of sets and it´s been the only one, also haven´t heard of another find like that, but it´d be a bit frustrating if you get a box over to the US for $100 or more and you bump into such a figure. I´m checking the sets that´re going out to exclude issues like that in order to be 100% sure the box does include a full set without missing heads ;)

Don´t think, for now, that we´ll get to see this line on carded two-packs but who knows what might happen if Hasbro decides to jump in on it...

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

#8 LethalWhip

LethalWhip

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 11:47 PM

Maybe packed with some NERF darts? I would think the "head-less" issue was a fluke. I run into factory errors sometimes. Heck my LRG Profile pic is a Gormiti Lethal Whip with an unpainted chest.

#9 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1852 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:23 AM

I think the connection to NERF could and would have been much stronger if Hasbro would´ve been involved during the design process because in that case the Megantik figures could´ve been given NERF inspired looking weapons making the connection much stronger. In that case a packaging including NERF darts or whatever would´ve been very likely. Right now I don´t think that´s something they´ll turn back but who knowns because it´d definitely be an interesting way in connecting the line with NERF form a Hasbro point of view.

Definitely a fluke when it comes to the Factory error, and normally when its about a missing paint issue or something else that doesn´t leave you with the feel of having an incomplete figure, it´s actually very cool to find one but in this case that´s not the case ;)

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com