#76 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:20 PM

Maybe we should each apply for Brand Manager for Muscle. :p

I think they have that role filled, but it couldn't hurt. We all know our shit.

#77 TOPHER

TOPHER

Chit Happens.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1228 posts
  • Interests:My Recording Studio, Video Games, Shelby Cobras, M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle/Laser/Greek Beasts, MIMP+WIMP, Remco Mini Mashers, Figurines holding any kind of musical instrument, Weird Ball Wrestlers......

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:57 AM

NOOOOOOOO!

NOT AGAIN! (He says while pulling out his hair.......or what's left of it)

'On Sale' or 'For Sale'. It's really the same thing! The word, 'Sale' means YOU CAN BUY IT,
not that it is discounted. We as consumers are conditioned to think"On Sale"means it's cheaper.
Posted Image

#78 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:02 AM

So, has there been any movement on this, that anybody has heard of?

#79 Muscle Things

Muscle Things

Wart Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts
  • Interests:Coked up wrestling promos and MUSCLEs

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:54 AM

also, are we sure that Enrique from Mattel has seen the facebook page?

#80 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

FKA: uoozuman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts
  • Interests:http://nama-niku.blogspot.com/

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:15 AM

Yudetamago knew Zero about any talk of Muscle coming back when I asked them in Osaka a few weeks back.

Given they are the copyright holder for all those character designs, I would say chances are slim there are any serious talks to bring the original line back.

Back in the 80's they were hardly involved in merchandising, but now they have final say on everything. They now own the majority rights to their IP.

Not saying it can't happen, but...
Posted Image

#81 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:47 AM

Well, MUSCLE as Kinnikuman figures... But MUSCLE WWE figures? Or ather generics? I mean, you'd have to imagine that is still a salient idea...

#82 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:59 PM

Well, MUSCLE as Kinnikuman figures... But MUSCLE WWE figures? Or ather generics? I mean, you'd have to imagine that is still a salient idea...

I think the later is still a real possibility, and a very cool idea.
Posted Image

#83 Muscle Things

Muscle Things

Wart Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:23 PM

you know the other day I will thinking it's not if they will or won't bring back muscle but more a matter of when. funny but I don't think they will make them from our demand. I think the toy climate will be the deciding factor. Mini-figures are back and growing rabbid much like the x-games (I just watched a 12 year old kid do a 22 foot McTwist the other day) skateboarding is back and off the hook and same with mini-figures (mono and flex rubber at that SLUG for example), and I think it's just a matter of time for Mattel to see the sense in it. 2013-2016 is my vegas bet on it.. just because as time goes by muscle popularity keeps festering..

#84 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:11 AM

you know the other day I will thinking it's not if they will or won't bring back muscle but more a matter of when. funny but I don't think they will make them from our demand. I think the toy climate will be the deciding factor. Mini-figures are back and growing rabbid much like the x-games (I just watched a 12 year old kid do a 22 foot McTwist the other day) skateboarding is back and off the hook and same with mini-figures (mono and flex rubber at that SLUG for example), and I think it's just a matter of time for Mattel to see the sense in it. 2013-2016 is my vegas bet on it.. just because as time goes by muscle popularity keeps festering..

This line of thinking makes sense to me, and an updated version would be cool as well - I think...

So much of the original line's success was amazing character design and execution. There was a mysterious touch of Japanese wackiness that really gave the figures that extra something.

Could a new line pull off that same feeling without dipping into the Kinnikuman universe of characters?

Still love the WWE idea. I just see how popular and prevalent custom mini figure lines have become. The writing is clearly on the wall for a return, albeit an homage or mere shadow to the original.
Posted Image

#85 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:47 AM

I just hope they don't do some shitty looking spartan ripoff, with a crossbow, this time.

#86 Jamesullivan

Jamesullivan

M.U.S.C.L.E. Champion 123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Interests:Self personal training, sports, RPGs, dogs, and lots of hot tea(black plain with no milk or sugar..though someimes I use a cinnamin or rock candy stick).

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:42 AM

1343830848[/url]' post='438070']
I'm sure everyone has seen the pictures of the poitential WWE M.U.S.C.L.E. figures. Enrique Ruvalcaba, the Director of Marketing at Mattel, said that he wanted to hear what we thought.

If you want M.U.S.C.L.E. to come back, then let your voice be heard. And spread the message!

You might not be a WWE fan or collector - but if the WWE M.U.S.C.L.E. brand gets launched, then Muscleman, Terri-Bull, and the Claw are probably one short licensing deal away. :yes:

Cheers, thanks for that!
Fight for M.U.S.C.L.E.
On second thought, just watch.... M.U.S.C.L.E. Wrestling Videos

#87 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:13 PM

I hate to keep bringing this zombie back to life, but we've got to keep people talking. I hope everybody is doing their part to get this revival on it's feet!

#88 Foxman

Foxman

Foxman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:47 PM

This line of thinking makes sense to me, and an updated version would be cool as well - I think...

So much of the original line's success was amazing character design and execution. There was a mysterious touch of Japanese wackiness that really gave the figures that extra something.

Could a new line pull off that same feeling without dipping into the Kinnikuman universe of characters?

Still love the WWE idea. I just see how popular and prevalent custom mini figure lines have become. The writing is clearly on the wall for a return, albeit an homage or mere shadow to the original.

Yea, I honestly didn't even know they were Japanese until a few months ago when I started collecting them again. Back in the day (long before the internets & Japanese anime stuff) there really wasn't any way of finding out what the back story to it all was. I remember there was some serious stuff going on with the figure design and it had to all be part of something bigger... NOBODY (aside from serious toy execs & maybe a few collectors) in the states had any idea WHAT was going on with the crazy characters & designs though. That was the great thing, you had to use your imagination and make up your own back story. Plus, the fact they were all one color, would make you wonder what they looked like "in real life". They really were great toys for us kids because they required us to develop our imaginations and creativity.

Now, as far as 80s stuff goes, it's ALL making a comeback in a huge way. I've been saying it for quite a few years now. "80s nostalgia will soon become like '50s nostalgia was in the 80s". For those who don't remember, a BIG part of pop culture in the '80s was inspired by iconic stuff from the '50s. The '80s in the U.S. was a prosperous time. Before "ghetto culture" and 10 million other things ruined this country forever. People want to go back. It's been long enough now, that people who where there, are starting to realize that; they didn't know what they had until it was gone. Kids now, look at that time before they were born and see a world where people took pride in the quality of workmanship & their communities. For years, it's been in style to be "hard". back then, it was in style to have fun without taking yourself too seriously. The bottom line is, I think people as a whole want to have fun again. Their nearest memory of that is the '80s.

And ANYTHING from the '80s that people associate with good times, will be reproduced, emulated & copied. M.U.S.C.L.E. figures fit right into the category with transformers, garbage pail kids and a ton of other '80s toys. It's not a matter of "if" but "when"...

And I for one would LOVE to see the rest of the Kineshi M.U.S.C.L.E.s from the original set released... as well as some new sculpts based on the old characters.... ALL in flesh color to start out. Then the traditional color figures. Keep it simple like the old ones. No full color stuff like with the ultimate muscles (except for maybe a few limited ones). Make something for the kids to play with, enjoy and make their own memories with... again. :rolleyes:

-Foxman

#89 MuscleMadMan

MuscleMadMan

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:20 PM

Yea, I honestly didn't even know they were Japanese until a few months ago when I started collecting them again. Back in the day (long before the internets & Japanese anime stuff) there really wasn't any way of finding out what the back story to it all was. I remember there was some serious stuff going on with the figure design and it had to all be part of something bigger... NOBODY (aside from serious toy execs & maybe a few collectors) in the states had any idea WHAT was going on with the crazy characters & designs though. That was the great thing, you had to use your imagination and make up your own back story. Plus, the fact they were all one color, would make you wonder what they looked like "in real life". They really were great toys for us kids because they required us to develop our imaginations and creativity.

Now, as far as 80s stuff goes, it's ALL making a comeback in a huge way. I've been saying it for quite a few years now. "80s nostalgia will soon become like '50s nostalgia was in the 80s". For those who don't remember, a BIG part of pop culture in the '80s was inspired by iconic stuff from the '50s. The '80s in the U.S. was a prosperous time. Before "ghetto culture" and 10 million other things ruined this country forever. People want to go back. It's been long enough now, that people who where there, are starting to realize that; they didn't know what they had until it was gone. Kids now, look at that time before they were born and see a world where people took pride in the quality of workmanship & their communities. For years, it's been in style to be "hard". back then, it was in style to have fun without taking yourself too seriously. The bottom line is, I think people as a whole want to have fun again. Their nearest memory of that is the '80s.

And ANYTHING from the '80s that people associate with good times, will be reproduced, emulated & copied. M.U.S.C.L.E. figures fit right into the category with transformers, garbage pail kids and a ton of other '80s toys. It's not a matter of "if" but "when"...

And I for one would LOVE to see the rest of the Kineshi M.U.S.C.L.E.s from the original set released... as well as some new sculpts based on the old characters.... ALL in flesh color to start out. Then the traditional color figures. Keep it simple like the old ones. No full color stuff like with the ultimate muscles (except for maybe a few limited ones). Make something for the kids to play with, enjoy and make their own memories with... again. :rolleyes:

-Foxman

That damn ghetto culture.

#90 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:54 PM

What's the latest with these? Anybody know?
Posted Image

#91 Muscle Things

Muscle Things

Wart Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:37 PM

here is the petition for enrique. sign it if you want muscle back on the shelves!
http://www.change.or...ini-figure-line

Edited by Muscle Things, 16 June 2013 - 06:38 PM.

#92 mailman

mailman

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:31 PM

Enrique, 

Littlerubberguys.com makes your job real easy.  Just look at the market you already have.  M.U.S.C.L.E. from Mattel is about 30 years old, and you still have rabid fans like this. However, in my opinion, the success, and ongoing appeal of M.U.S.C.L.E. has more to do with collectibility than with wrestling.  If the new prospective wrestling series matches the collectibility of M.U.S.C.L.E., then sign me up.

The '80's figures were neat because there were so many different ones, and each one had its own personality, and was modeled with great imagination and creativity.  Each figure was not created to be "cool", "tough", and "mean-looking" (like so much modern media/toys); rather, many were goofy, ugly, nerdy, happy, silly, etc... Many molds were created with mythology, nature, or history in mind.

Of course, as General Veers alluded to, I'm very confident that a re-release of M.U.S.C.L.E., or a new release including some of the same characters could sell very well, and make a lot of people very happy!

#93 billpepper

billpepper

Flim Flam Red Hot Fan *

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Interests:guitar <br />skateboarding <br />wrestling (WWE TNA)<br />running <br />biking <br />

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:27 PM

They re displayed The Road Warrior MUSCLE figures at San Diego Comic Con today I guess? http://www.wrestling...23665&page_id=1  so maybe they are being made?

Edited by billpepper, 17 July 2013 - 10:28 PM.

BIG GUY SHIMMY!!!!!!!!

#94 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:47 PM

They re displayed The Road Warrior MUSCLE figures at San Diego Comic Con today I guess? http://www.wrestling...23665&page_id=1  so maybe they are being made?

sdcc_2013_preview_night_pic119.jpg

#95 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:25 AM

Great news!
Posted Image

#96 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I'm all about mono mini sculpts! , I also like long walks on the beach and wearing G-Strings in the privacy of my home.

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:40 AM

This would be a great line for me to jump on, I am super excited!!!!

These would go great with the new GPK line, I feel like its the 80s all over again.....time to start wearing my tight stoned wash jeans again.:)
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#97 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:45 AM

...time to start wearing my tight stoned wash jeans again. :)

You're not too far off man; I saw a 16-18 year old kid in public the other day with a mullet who was dressed and behaving as though he wasn't a social reject. And this wasn't the standard shaved-on-the-sides-out-of-touch-with-society-Inbred mullet that I see all the time in southern Missouri, but a legit 80's-style feathered MacGuyver mullet.  :rofl:

#98 Muscle Things

Muscle Things

Wart Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:47 PM

I want them all!!

#99 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:47 PM

Yeah, they make WWE MUSCLE, I will probably bleed from the ears at how awesome that would be.

#100 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:02 PM

This would be a fun toy to collect.  Awesome figures.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com