96 replies to this topic

#1 Salvage King

Salvage King

Battle for the fun of it!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 23 October 2005 - 09:55 AM

I have been talking to the people at reprolables.com They were under the impression that the 2nd series rubs were the only rubs that battle beast had. They had told me that the wood symbol they were working on looked like the battery testers that were on duracell batteries(bright yellow). Thats why they didnt release any rubs. I informed them that they had 2 series. I aslo told them that the 1st series were just like the original transformers. They were surprised by this and wished that they had known about this sooner. So we may be able to get some rub symbols from them soon. I will post updates as I talk to them more.

#2 Indissoluble Koburanda

Indissoluble Koburanda

IK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 October 2005 - 11:00 AM

I’m really shocked to hear Reprolables is dedicating time and effort into developing something like this (color rubs) without thoroughly investigating what rubs are on the beasts. Especially considering the black and white rubs are so much more prominent. I for one would prefer they develop anti-beast rubs instead of the fire wood water. I really don’t like the idea of having beasts circulate with repro rubs of the originals. I can already see dealers slapping them on their figs without rubs and passing them off as authentic. I’d prefer to switch authentic rubs from double figs in order to complete a collection rather than slapping repro-rubs on. I’m not overly concerned with this, just trying to put it in perspective.

Besides wouldn’t you all agree that the anti-beast signs would be much more marketable considering the novelty? Untapped play-factor, customization, etc…

#3 trumanshower

trumanshower

Eternal Truman of the spotless mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • Interests:dragonautes, monster in my pocket, fistful of power, motu, cosmix, luxioles etc etc...

Posted 23 October 2005 - 12:00 PM

I’m really shocked to hear Reprolables is dedicating time and effort into developing something like this (color rubs) without thoroughly investigating what rubs are on the beasts. Especially considering the black and white rubs are so much more prominent. I for one would prefer they develop anti-beast rubs instead of the fire wood water. I really don’t like the idea of having beasts circulate with repro rubs of the originals. I can already see dealers slapping them on their figs without rubs and passing them off as authentic. I’d prefer to switch authentic rubs from double figs in order to complete a collection rather than slapping repro-rubs on. I’m not overly concerned with this, just trying to put it in perspective.

Besides wouldn’t you all agree that the anti-beast signs would be much more marketable considering the novelty? Untapped play-factor, customization, etc…

i completly agree with you kobu !

French collector of Battle Beasts, Monster in my pocket and a bunch of other toys !!
FoP facebook page : https://www.facebook.../fistfulofpower

Boogaz facebook group : https://www.facebook...810983082984202

#4 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 23 October 2005 - 02:54 PM

Yes, I agree! I still like the symbols that we came up with. Eclipse, Biohazzard, Radioactive, and Death/Corrosive.

I believe John/Orca is still working on trying to get the stuff locally.

WhiteLeo

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#5 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

The beast collector in the boonies...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 23 October 2005 - 04:50 PM

I'm all for getting repro FIRE, WOOD, and WATER. As a collector, I have no problem with repro rubs going around. A sticker is a sticker! If it were repro figs or weapons that would be another case. Every beast deserves a sticker!

#6 Indissoluble Koburanda

Indissoluble Koburanda

IK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 October 2005 - 05:12 PM

I'm all for getting repro FIRE, WOOD, and WATER. As a collector, I have no problem with repro rubs going around. A sticker is a sticker! If it were repro figs or weapons that would be another case. Every beast deserves a sticker!

I couldn’t agree more that every beast deserves a sticker. Why not put anti-beast stickers on the figs missing the original? This way they’re identifiable as repros, yet highly collectable. ;)

#7 Mr. Crimson

Mr. Crimson

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 12:37 AM

Hello,

I agree as long as there is some way to identify the reprolables why not use them.

Thank You,
I want to buy a #1 White Lion complete w/weapon

My feedback: positive 10 / neutral 1 / negative 0
Link: http://forums.beastf...?showtopic=1062

#8 grimerslimer

grimerslimer

Crazy Bugger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 08:46 AM

:p Any update?????????? :p
Check out Paranormal Misadventures on Youtube

#9 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 09:57 AM

I agree as long as there is some way to identify the reprolables why not use them.

Other than maybe a Sunburst Label, I don't see how it makes much difference if the label is original or repro. Labels add maybe $2 to the value of a beast.

#10 Salvage King

Salvage King

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 10:28 AM

hey everyone, how's it going

how many of u are interested in the repo lables? I will get in contact with the guy again if u guys are intersted and see what he has come up with or what he will do and how much the stickers.

#11 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 11:07 AM

I would be interested if they were some sort of unique rub, but not the stadard wood, fire, water.

#12 ComradeCuttlefish

ComradeCuttlefish

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 12:55 PM

Other than maybe a Sunburst Label, I don't see how it makes much difference if the label is original or repro. Labels add maybe $2 to the value of a beast.

It matters because you're altering an original item. The value has very little to do with it for real collectors; it's the shear fact that you're changing an integral part of an original item.

There is a fine line in collecting between restoring and altering an item, and putting an imitation rubsign on an original figure crosses that line, as does touching up its paint or otherwise changing an original part of the item.

The best way to think of it when restoring a figure is, are you changing a part that is "Hasbro" (or other toyline), or are you simply replacing a common, everyday item, such as a screw? If you are replacing or fixing the former you are altering the toy, which is wrong and hurts the integrity of the hobby. If you are simply replacing the latter, such as a screw, you are maintaining the integrity of the original toy, which is just fine.

But, hey, I'm all for those of you who want to submit your own rubsign design to be made so you can really customize figures--that would be cool.

#13 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 03:17 PM

I understand what you are saying, but my point is, does it really make that much of a difference at that low of a price point? I guess some would care and others wouldn't. Myself, since the price difference is so low for rub vs. no rub, it doesn't matter to me.

And I agree, custom symbols would be sweet!

#14 grimerslimer

grimerslimer

Crazy Bugger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 06:55 AM

how many of u are interested in the repo lables? I will get in contact with the guy again if u guys are intersted and see what he has come up with or what he will do and how much the stickers.

That would be cool if you would look into it. ;)

Although I think it would be cool to get the custom rubs, I agree with JKaris on the point that original looking rubs would alter the value in such an insignificant way that I don't see a problem with them.

It isn't like you are making molds of figs, painting them and trying to pass them off as originals, besides, if the rubs are made exactly like the originals then what is the difference if it has been on a figure for 20+ years or added yesterday? If a screw wasn't able to make it to the "vintage" stage like a rub wasn't then replacing the screw would be as unethical as replacing a rub.

-grimey
Check out Paranormal Misadventures on Youtube

#15 ComradeCuttlefish

ComradeCuttlefish

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 07:10 AM

how many of u are interested in the repo lables?  I will get in contact with the guy again if u guys are intersted and see what he has come up with or what he will do and how much the stickers.

That would be cool if you would look into it. ;)

Although I think it would be cool to get the custom rubs, I agree with JKaris on the point that original looking rubs would alter the value in such an insignificant way that I don't see a problem with them.

It isn't like you are making molds of figs, painting them and trying to pass them off as originals, besides, if the rubs are made exactly like the originals then what is the difference if it has been on a figure for 20+ years or added yesterday? If a screw wasn't able to make it to the "vintage" stage like a rub wasn't then replacing the screw would be as unethical as replacing a rub.

-grimey

Do you know how many countless screws, o-rings and other non-original parts are mass produced everyday? Hasbro isn't the exclusive maker or user of those products, but they are for tiny little rubsigns that reveal fire, wood or water when exposed to heat.

#16 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 07:26 AM

Do you know how many countless screws, o-rings and other non-original parts are mass produced everyday? Hasbro isn't the exclusive maker or user of those products, but they are for tiny little rubsigns that reveal fire, wood or water when exposed to heat.

Good point. Like when restoring a car, if a few bolts are different, it can still be 100% original, but put on an aftermarket symbol, and you have to list it as 99.9% original.

#17 Omega

Omega

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 08:12 AM

Good point. Like when restoring a car, if a few bolts are different, it can still be 100% original, but put on an aftermarket symbol, and you have to list it as 99.9% original.

;) :D :D

I don't see what the big deal is when it comes to the rubs. If someone wants the quaranteed real deal then buy them mint in package. Like Jkaris already mentioned its not like it adds that much value to each individual beast.

~~~Omega~~~

#18 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

The beast collector in the boonies...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 10:32 AM

Greetings yall,

I agree that original looking rubs would be okay. Bring 'em on! ;)

#19 Salvage King

Salvage King

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 12:20 PM

To those interested, I sent e-mail out about the repro lables today. waiting for reply. I sent asking about standared battle beast symbols and asked about making custom symbols. I will let you all know when i get a reply

#20 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 18 April 2006 - 01:05 PM

To those interested, I sent e-mail out about the repro lables today. waiting for reply. I sent asking about standared battle beast symbols and asked about making custom symbols. I will let you all know when i get a reply

Excellent, I would be very interested in hearing more!

Awsome!

WhiteLeo

I will never quit.

#21 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 07:46 PM

I think that new lables would be great esp for all the people out there who want to start a collection. That means that all those "messed up" figures people have could be worth more to someone instead of sitting there. And if it bothers some people that much, just be sure to ask before you buy or trade and hope that the person is going to be honest.

I would love to know the prices that they quote you for them.
Posted Image
---------------------------------------------------- アンドル ------------------------------------------------------------
______What I have for sale_______Beasts I still need_______Cards I still need_______My Collection______

#22 Salvage King

Salvage King

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 04:36 PM

got a reply. He is willing to make custom and regular symbols. We came up with a possible wind symbol idea( no pic yet any ideas send them to me) the price is 9 symbols for $5. he has not set in stone the price but i think that might be the way it looks to be. the material he says is about $100 just for a 12x12 sheet of the paper he uses and the expense for the ink for his machine. when i find out more i will pass it along.

#23 Salvage King

Salvage King

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 04:53 PM

one other thing guys before i go, he sells by the sheet but the sheets are 1" square do to the above mentioned.
I did have an idea for the wind symbol. how about the hurricane symbol from weather maps or something similar? any ideas would be appreciated.

anyway, as soon as i get the final idea for his repros price and quantity, i will let you know,

later
Andy

#24 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 06:28 PM

That's just over .50 per symbol. DIRT CHEAP!

#25 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 06:56 PM

one other thing guys before i go, he sells by the sheet but the sheets are 1" square do to the above mentioned.
I did have an idea for the wind symbol. how about the hurricane symbol from weather maps or something similar? any ideas would be appreciated.

anyway, as soon as i get the final idea for his repros price and quantity, i will let you know,

later
Andy

That is awsome!!!!!! Are you going to use the Anti Symbols? Like Radioactive, Biohazzard, and The Skull?

I would be very interested.

WhiteLeo

I will never quit.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com