12 replies to this topic

#1 HobbyQuest

HobbyQuest

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 08:15 AM

Hi, I tried to lurk around a bit in case this has been asked before, but I haven't found anything that answers my specific question. So here goes.

My collection is still pretty small and I recently got my first 2 purple MUSCLEs from the same lot. They looked kinda grimy in hand, so after some thorough soaking and scrubbing, I was surprised to see minimal change. Usually the "toothbrush in scalding water with dish soap" method has cleaned other so far.

Are these lighter streaks and discolorations typical with purple MUSCLEs? I thought Sunshine might have been scratched, but Eranginesu definitely looks almost marbled in the right light. These photos don't really do it justice- it's much more noticeable in person.

Any thoughts or suggestions are welcomed! 

Attached Files

#2 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 10:02 PM

Might be sun damage or from a chemical, if so nothing can help it

#3 T.O.Y.M.E.E.T.S.W.O.R.L.D.

T.O.Y.M.E.E.T.S.W.O.R.L.D.

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 12:34 AM

I cant really tell by your photos what's going on. But if it's what I think you're talking about, I think, don't know for a fact, but I think it's a factory problem. I've seen this a lot specially with puprle figures where it's kinda marbled looking or almost hollow looking under. I think it's a issue with the material during the factory process. LIke I said, I don't know for a fact, but I've seen it a lot and that's my assumption.

#4 Sixthwizard

Sixthwizard

6thWizard

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1977 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 02:44 AM

Why look that close! Haha! you'll find discrepancies in all the muscle figures. Millions of differences for millions of unusually s c l e.

#5 HobbyQuest

HobbyQuest

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 11:15 AM

Thanks for the input, everyone. I know it seems like I'm overreacting, but it's much more noticeable in regular lighting. Oh well, no big deal!

#6 T.O.Y.M.E.E.T.S.W.O.R.L.D.

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 05:03 PM

Thanks for the input, everyone. I know it seems like I'm overreacting, but it's much more noticeable in regular lighting. Oh well, no big deal!

No biggy, I understand. When I come across those I keep them just to have them in my collection but once another comes a long I get rid of them, lol. Not something you like to see on your figures.

#7 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2017 - 01:01 PM

http://blog.uofmuscl...-purple-hybrid/

#8 T.O.Y.M.E.E.T.S.W.O.R.L.D.

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 08:38 PM

Well, you've interested me with this post, lol. I wanted to find some of my purple figures that had the same issues and while doing so I found that my #064 purple had the same problem. Not just that but all my #064's had this problem, some are hardly there, others stand out more. Like my purple and salmon, those you can see it pretty good, which is the same as yours. The placement is in the same area on every figure too, so as I said before, I thought it was a factory problem, after seeing mine with this issue, I think it's safe to say it's def. just a factory issue. Probably something up with that mold specifically considering it's all in the same area's. As mentioned before, no biggy, just a factory thing. Here's photos of mine for comparison...

Attached File  20170221_222609.jpg   94.09K   0 downloadsAttached File  20170221_222620.jpg   102.27K   1 downloads

#9 Sixthwizard

Sixthwizard

6thWizard

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1977 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 07:10 AM

If there are any pack fresh examples of this- cool!  IF not- I just chalk this up as an old toy that has seen much play wear

I don't feel like reading right now to check and see if there are any pack fresh examples. haha

Edited by Sixthwizard, 22 February 2017 - 07:10 AM.

#10 deano9

deano9

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 07:40 AM

My purple #64 has exactly the same markings in exactly he same place!!

#11 OneTallPonderosa

OneTallPonderosa

OCD Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Interests:MUSCLE, LEGO, MIMP, Ballpoint Pens, Insects, Coins, Books

Posted 22 February 2017 - 07:41 PM

As does one of mine.  My second one does not, although it has a similar discoloration on the front.  But I think I have to agree with TMW that is must be due to some manufacturing issue given that four of us have a purple one with the same diagonal discoloration on the back.  Interesting. 

Check out my want list: http://www.littlerub...howtopic=269336

I am always looking for more Robin Mask #214, Sunshine, Announcer, Claw, and Parthenon - MUSCLE or KESHI of any type!

LETS MAKE A DEAL! :ph34r:

#12 BadLarry

BadLarry

Jake All Day

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • Interests:Robot & monster toys, Lego, MUSCLE, etc.

Posted 23 February 2017 - 08:07 AM

Thirded.

Thank you

#13 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2017 - 05:39 AM

I don't think those are the same kind of discolorations. I think those are just the results of the injection molding process...aged 30+ years.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com