NamaNiku

FKA: uoozuman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts
  • Interests:http://nama-niku.blogspot.com/

Posted 03 April 2011 - 11:19 AM

:o

Looks like it's sold out already. Do they have an English ordering page for the REX Comp books?

Sold out already? Wow! It just went on sale on 4/1... Also looks like every toy item they featured in the book went up for auction on their auction page towards the end of March ~ cool idea.

They do not have an English order page for the comp books, but will for the next issue featuring Kinkeshi (and hopefully M.U.S.C.L.E.)!

I plan on ordering a few copies if you want in Soups. I think they are shooting for a Fall release date.
Posted Image

#27 Stinger Wolf

Stinger Wolf

Kinnikuman

• Legends
  • 180 posts
  • Interests:OMega キン肉マン fan/collector since 1983...

Posted 04 April 2011 - 03:14 PM

I actually have one of the glow in the dark one

Attached Files

Edited by Stinger Wolf, 04 April 2011 - 03:22 PM.

#28 Stinger Wolf

Stinger Wolf

Kinnikuman

• Legends
  • 180 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 03:19 PM

back

Attached Files

#29 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 04 April 2011 - 03:39 PM

Sold out already? Wow! It just went on sale on 4/1...

It actually came back in-stock very early this morning, as an acquaintance tweeted about it and I advised him on the English order page. That means the book has sold out twice now!

#30 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 06:21 PM

Very nice Taka! Great figure.

Okay, so I finally figured out how to get one of the books! :lol:

They are a "spot sale" item which means they are only offered for sale at special times during the day... You need to be following Miyakoshi/396kancho on Twitter, and whenever he tweets about it, they will be available for like 30 mins to an hour...

:give_rose:
Posted Image

#31 SmokinGun

SmokinGun

Weird, Wild Wrestler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2182 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E.

Posted 04 April 2011 - 07:26 PM

I plan on ordering a few copies if you want in Soups. I think they are shooting for a Fall release date.

Fall is long ways to go. :pinch: If you gonna buy a few issues featuring Kinkeshi . Im in. :)

#32 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 07:45 PM

im definitely in for one as well... :)

#33 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:10 PM

Cool. I will place a group order when the time comes and that way we can save on shipping.

Besides the small M.U.S.C.L.E. piece they may also include a page on American custom Kinkeshi. I think Mad Joe is going to send them some figs. Half Bad should get on that as well.

When I spoke with Miyakoshi he expressed interest in the idea so maybe it will happen...

Should be a great issue - can't wait!
Posted Image

#34 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:28 PM

Another plot twist! Miyakoshi just tweeted that they sold out but should be getting more on Saturday... this is a pretty hot item...
https://twitter.com/...127258586812417
Posted Image

#35 Stinger Wolf

Stinger Wolf

Kinnikuman

• Legends
  • 180 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 02:59 PM

Thanks, Tyler...It was just one of those random things I picked up to see what it was at the local Japanese supermarket here in Cal. back in like '86 or so. And I wasn't even a TF fan....Microman and Diaclone, yes ^-^

#36 poysntixels

poysntixels

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:kaiju and robot erasers (keshigomu)<br />kaiju minis<br />kaiju or robot looking other

Posted 27 June 2011 - 05:42 PM

So, I've looked around in Mandarake's regular English site before, but I never found any keshi 'til last night, and very limited at that. Yet the YouTube videos show a huge selection; how do you find them? They don't seem to have their own category under the toys section on the regular sales/store page. What am I missing?
Doh! Boing! Doh! Boing! Doh! Boing! Doh!
Doh! Boing! Doh! Boing! Doh! Boing! Doh! Boing! Boing! Boing! Booiinnnggg!

#37 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:47 AM

So, I've looked around in Mandarake's regular English site before, but I never found any keshi 'til last night, and very limited at that. Yet the YouTube videos show a huge selection; how do you find them? They don't seem to have their own category under the toys section on the regular sales/store page. What am I missing?

Mandarake does not list their keshi inventory on their English website. The Nakano Broadway (who has the largest selection of keshi) will only list a limited number of rare figures via Mandarake auctions from time to time. They do not however even list their inventory on their Japanese website. The Sapporo and Nagoya locations seem to list some on the Japanese site, but that is about it.

You really have to go to Mandarake in person to see what they have, or follow them on Twitter to see some of the new items they are getting. You can always send them an email to look for specific items for you, but unless you speak Japanese you might not have a ton of luck.
Posted Image

#38 poysntixels

poysntixels

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:kaiju and robot erasers (keshigomu)<br />kaiju minis<br />kaiju or robot looking other

Posted 29 June 2011 - 06:13 AM

Thanksfor the info! Never been to Japan, always wanted to go. One more reason to quit buying kaiju over here and just start saving for the plane ticket and the spending money!

Mandarake does not list their keshi inventory on their English website. The Nakano Broadway (who has the largest selection of keshi) will only list a limited number of rare figures via Mandarake auctions from time to time. They do not however even list their inventory on their Japanese website. The Sapporo and Nagoya locations seem to list some on the Japanese site, but that is about it.

You really have to go to Mandarake in person to see what they have, or follow them on Twitter to see some of the new items they are getting. You can always send them an email to look for specific items for you, but unless you speak Japanese you might not have a ton of luck.

Doh! Boing! Doh! Boing! Doh! Boing! Doh!
Doh! Boing! Doh! Boing! Doh! Boing! Doh! Boing! Boing! Boing! Booiinnnggg!

#39 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:18 AM

Have we ever determined what コンプREX means? The kanji translates to "comp." Is "comprex" a play on "complex?" The word complex might stand for the Mandarake toy complex or perhaps a psychological state of mind where one has a "keshi complex" or as the the home page says "a geeky point of view." :lol:

Just curious! :)

Edited by Soupie, 05 November 2011 - 09:20 AM.

Posted Image

#40 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 02:02 PM

Ya, it is named after the "Mandarake Complex" in Akihabara. コンプREX is just a Janglish hybrid word as the Japanese frequently mix up their Ls and Rs when writing English words.
Posted Image

#41 servbot30

servbot30

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 04:43 AM

Are most issues of コンプREX still available at Mandarake? I've tried looking on yahooJP but I've not found a single issue.

*edit - my searching skills were a smidge off. found some issues on the YJP. :p

Edited by servbot30, 01 April 2012 - 05:37 AM.

#42 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:26 AM

Are most issues of コンプREX still available at Mandarake? I've tried looking on yahooJP but I've not found a single issue.

*edit - my searching skills were a smidge off. found some issues on the YJP. :p

At this point in time YJP is going to be your best bet.

I visited the Nakano and Akihabara locations back in late October, and I did not see a single back issue for sale. While Miyakoshi indicated that they are hard at work on the new issue, he did not give a release date or anything like that.

I am pretty excited to see what they will come up with. The entire issue (as previously mentioned) is going to be dedicated to Kinkeshi and Kinnikuman. Would be so cool if they really end up including a small spot on M.U.S.C.L.E. and custom figures.

Fingers crossed!
Posted Image

#43 CaffeineSanta

CaffeineSanta

Formerly Be9ine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., M.U.S.C.L.E.Super Rares, giant lots of M.U.S.C.L.E.

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:24 PM

What exactly is this magazine?..

Like coffee? I roast for a living! Check it out at caffepacori.com
Ask me about trading coffee for your spare M.U.S.C.L.E.S.! I'll take most, regardless of condition :D

#44 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:52 PM

コンプREX aka Complex is Japanese book/mag dedicated to collectible keshi. It is published by Mandarake and has covered everything from Kinkeshi to Nintendo keshi. It usually comes out once or twice a year, and offers lots of great pics, interviews, and loads of info on rare items and various keshi lines.

The new issue will be available online and at most Mandarake locations.
Posted Image

#45 CaffeineSanta

CaffeineSanta

Formerly Be9ine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., M.U.S.C.L.E.Super Rares, giant lots of M.U.S.C.L.E.

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:04 AM

Cool, thanks :)

Like coffee? I roast for a living! Check it out at caffepacori.com
Ask me about trading coffee for your spare M.U.S.C.L.E.S.! I'll take most, regardless of condition :D

#46 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:52 PM

They have scans here of the entire NINTENDO issue (can toggle between large and small scans)

http://www.videogame.../Cover.jpg.html

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com