#1 GM4WALLS

GM4WALLS

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:Wine, women and song!

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:39 PM

Has anyone successfully repaired a BB arm to a point where it functions? I received my Ebay purchase today and the very first thing I did was break an arm off my newly acquired Pugnacious Penguin. I have the arm and dug the peg out of the body. My idea is to pin the peg to the arm with some contact adhesive in the break. I will shave the peg down a bit to ease reassembly. This is the method I will try unless someone else has a better suggestion.

#2 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts
  • Interests:Monster in my pocket

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:17 PM

That sucks dude :(

"THOSE WHO LAY THEIR EYES ON A GUNDAM, SHALL NOT LIVE TO TELL ABOUT IT. Those was the orders I was given."

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#3 GM4WALLS

GM4WALLS

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:20 PM

That sucks dude :(

Well... It's fixed. I sanded down the arm peg and drilled out the socket some. Blue CA held the peg onto the arm. Once dried I pushed the arm into the looser socket and it works great and is strong.

Edited by GM4WALLS, 14 June 2014 - 05:23 PM.

#4 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts
  • Interests:Monster in my pocket

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:41 PM

Well... It's fixed. I sanded down the arm peg and drilled out the socket some. Blue CA held the peg onto the arm. Once dried I pushed the arm into the looser socket and it works great and is strong.

Congrats

"THOSE WHO LAY THEIR EYES ON A GUNDAM, SHALL NOT LIVE TO TELL ABOUT IT. Those was the orders I was given."

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#5 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:45 PM

Yah that's a good way to go about it. I have a pink crab that I repaired by grinding down the arm peg that was broken and replacing it with the prong from a spare arm using the  clipped off end of a pin as an anchor and some epoxy to secure it. If you do it right this can work very well, though I'm eventually looking to replace the crab with one that isn't handicapped because Im a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to my collection  :)

#6 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:39 AM

You can remove a stuck peg by screwing a screw partway in and pulling out. Dip in boiling hot water just before removal to make it easier. Cut a small segment of safety pin and push it in both parts, remove and add a drop of super glue to one side, push in one side with needle nose pliers, repeat on the other side. When the glue is cured, dip the socket portion back in boiling water, remove and pop your arm back in. This should be fairly strong in the end.

#7 GM4WALLS

GM4WALLS

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 01:27 PM

^^^^ Essentially what I did to anothe figure... Minus the hot water due to the functioning rub. I used the wife's hair dryer and a Hot Wheels axle instead of a pin.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com