• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Malosavich

Malosavich

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • Interests:Boglins, Mini-Boglins, MIMP, P.E.T Aliens, Gormiti, Fistful of power, M.U.S.C.L.E and Starwars :D

Posted 24 April 2009 - 08:30 AM

I came across these today in my local toystore, they aren't too cheap (£3 each) but I thought I would treat myself and grab 2 :lol:

From the size of the box, and the pictures on the back, I thought they looked similar to the SD Gundam figures...

Attached File  BDPackaging.jpg   424.08K   37 downloads

Also.. after the Magic Egg Gormiti, I'm prety much hooked to dissolving/fizzy powder encased monsters!

Attached File  BDWater.jpg   511.22K   32 downloads

The figures themselves are made from a similar plastic to MIMP and are pretty well detailed (for their size)

Attached File  BD1.jpg   165.06K   45 downloads
Attached File  BD2.jpg   117.89K   65 downloads

...Their Size... the one thing that really lets them down, they could do with being about twice the size they are. For £3 I think they are pretty overpriced. The figures are cool and I'll probably end up getting the set, but £3 for approx 1cm x 1cm of plastic seems extortionate!

Attached File  BDComp1.jpg   195.93K   75 downloads
Attached File  BDComp2.jpg   355.46K   48 downloads

Comaparison figures are an Orange Gundam figure, and a MIMP series 1 Cyan Mummy

Anyway, Thought I would post some pics so you guys could see for yourselves what they are like :)
Posted Image

#2 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 12:57 PM

thanks for the nice pics Malosovich, I hadn't realised they started doing them in individual packs!

Check out Soupie's write up on TOYPEDIA

Posted Image

#3 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 24 April 2009 - 02:26 PM

I hadn't known that either, because none of my local stores carry the new Ben 10 Alien Force versions of the Alien Rocks. I'd definitely like to buy these compared to the Planetary Powder stuff, but I missed out. Not the biggest loss though.

#4 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I'm all about mono mini sculpts! , I also like long walks on the beach and wearing G-Strings in the privacy of my home.

Posted 24 April 2009 - 06:11 PM

I could swear that I started a topic about these some time back with the 1st wave.......can't find it. :unknw:
either way these little guys have always been some of my favorites in my collection.

I believe this time around they only sold 5 different figures in single packs.

EDIT:PICS

Here are some pics.
Back of Package
Posted Image
Close up of the figures
Posted Image

All 5 figures out of their pods. :D
Posted Image
and close-up pics.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Malosavich
thanks for starting the topic

Edited by meatcutta78, 24 April 2009 - 06:18 PM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 24 April 2009 - 06:46 PM

The last topic you started was mainly about the Planetary Power figures, but it did slide into a discussion of both lines eventually.

I think it also helps that these new guys look even better than the original Alien Rocks. Good colors, detail, sculpts, and good choice of aliens too!

But, like I said, I'm not going to be seeing any of them anytime soon, just the action figures. Maybe if I hit a TRU one of these days.

#6 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 25 April 2009 - 05:41 AM

I still don't have all the ones from the 1st series, but these are now on my list as well. Thanks for sharing!
Posted Image

#7 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 07:47 AM

I have almost all of these... I like the gimmick, and most of the figures. They are a little pricey for what you wind up with, but most toys these days are.

#8 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I'm all about mono mini sculpts! , I also like long walks on the beach and wearing G-Strings in the privacy of my home.

Posted 25 April 2009 - 09:08 AM

The last topic you started was mainly about the Planetary Power figures, but it did slide into a discussion of both lines eventually.

I think it also helps that these new guys look even better than the original Alien Rocks. Good colors, detail, sculpts, and good choice of aliens too!

But, like I said, I'm not going to be seeing any of them anytime soon, just the action figures. Maybe if I hit a TRU one of these days.

Thats right thats how it was started. :D

and I agree with you about the colors,these are by far the coolest colors of all. ;) shame they don't show up well in pics. :)
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#9 bronchuseven

bronchuseven

pentagonal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 06:49 AM

Finally saw some of these at a TRU.. the Toypedia article piqued my interest, although I'd never seen them until a few days ago, where I discovered a few hiding on a clearance rack. Since they were cheap, I decided to buy one (chromastone, the blueish guy in the centre of meatcutta's lineup). They are indeed tiny, but I believe I'll go back to get the rest of TRU's stock! The rubbery material they're made of is pleasant - a bit like MIMP rubber (as mentioned), with an odd smell to it, though it's not unpleasant.

#10 nihonsei

nihonsei

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 01:34 PM

These are really cool figurines, my favorite is by far the Upchunk:

Posted Image

#11 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 02:00 PM

These are really cool figurines, my favorite is by far the Upchunk:

Posted Image

love that figure. Never seen him before.

#12 bronchuseven

bronchuseven

pentagonal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 09:38 AM

Yeah I have that one too - he's awesome! Hard to pick one favourite for me.. there are too many that I love. Since my old post (see above) I've managed to score most of these guys through various sources (LRG'ers, feeBay). I thought that I had them all until I got a Planetary Powder figure (Upchuck) which showed a few more sets on the back that I don't have! The first wave sets are extremely hard to find nowadays though.. I actually prefer to buy them pre-fizzed, as some of the colours used undergo a weird chemical change when they've been in their "rocks" for too long. The rubber gets much harder in consistency, and becomes slightly opaque or "frosted". A shame, as I really do like these guys - it's just hard to justify buying mint packs when there's a good chance that the figures inside will be corrupted after years of sitting around. Again, it seems to only effect certain colours: I've gotten 2-packs where one guy will be pristine and the other one will be rock hard & opaque :(

#13 nihonsei

nihonsei

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 04:17 PM

Yeah I have that one too - he's awesome! Hard to pick one favourite for me.. there are too many that I love. Since my old post (see above) I've managed to score most of these guys through various sources (LRG'ers, feeBay). I thought that I had them all until I got a Planetary Powder figure (Upchuck) which showed a few more sets on the back that I don't have! The first wave sets are extremely hard to find nowadays though.. I actually prefer to buy them pre-fizzed, as some of the colours used undergo a weird chemical change when they've been in their "rocks" for too long. The rubber gets much harder in consistency, and becomes slightly opaque or "frosted". A shame, as I really do like these guys - it's just hard to justify buying mint packs when there's a good chance that the figures inside will be corrupted after years of sitting around. Again, it seems to only effect certain colours: I've gotten 2-packs where one guy will be pristine and the other one will be rock hard & opaque :(

Very true, same happened to me in a couple of figures, fortunately I have them as spares, I have a few within their rocks I think I will discover them tonight....

It will be nice if you could take a picture of your current collection, I will do the same.

Cheers!

#14 bronchuseven

bronchuseven

pentagonal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:30 PM

Cool, I've been meaning to photograph my collection anyway - I'll try & get a shot of them this weekend if I can catch some good sunlight.

#15 nihonsei

nihonsei

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:08 AM

Hi, here are some shots from my current collection, there are some missing pieces as this is a difficult collection to complete.

Attached File  Ben 10-A.jpg   126.06K   57 downloads

Attached File  Ben 10-B.jpg   150.03K   50 downloads

Attached File  Ben 10-C.jpg   139.13K   34 downloads

Cheers!!

Edited by nihonsei, 19 January 2011 - 10:09 AM.

#16 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:52 AM

Wow, awesome pics! Thanks for sharing!
Posted Image

#17 nihonsei

nihonsei

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 01:30 PM

Thanks! you can see more here: http://www.flickr.co...0357@N05/page2/ on my photostream.

#18 ChristianG

ChristianG

Delete me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 08:38 AM

Got a great deal from ebay and they arrived recently. 38 of them in total, Ripjaws is a must. If you are going to get at least one figure from this line it has to be Ripjaws. Such a cool little figure.

Is there a checklist anywhere I can find out what else I need?

#19 bronchuseven

bronchuseven

pentagonal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 06:47 PM

Nice score! I won a comparable lot last year on ebay and I love the little guys. I've never seen a full checklist anywhere - not even the Bandai site for them appears to have every sculpt I have. I'll have to pull mine out & inventory all of them. I also have lots of packaging that can be scanned if it's helpful - each box had tiny pics of the other toys in the series (but none seemed to show all of them).

Ripjaws is indeed a cool figure. I also think Wildvine is an excellent sculpt. I know I have a few doubles - did you wind up with any doubles to trade? I'm in the US so it might cost too much to only trade a few..

#20 ChristianG

ChristianG

Delete me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 01:07 PM

I only really have a girl figure that i would want to trade, there is such colour variation between the figures I have that I would want to keep them all, but once I do build up a fair few doubles I'll pop you a line.

#21 bronchuseven

bronchuseven

pentagonal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 02:26 PM

Cool - I've noticed a broad range of colours among my doubles as well. I've even got a few sculpts in entirely different plastic - whereas most are squishy & soft, I have two which are cast in a very tough plastic. Will need to get some comparison pics of those figs.

#22 ChristianG

ChristianG

Delete me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 10:24 PM

Yeah I know what you mean, I have humungousaur in smokey and clear, jetray is really clear but tough.

#23 ChristianG

ChristianG

Delete me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 12:44 PM

I now have a Jetray in smokey redish colour.

I now have some other figures I didn't know existed.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Thanks for looking people.

#24 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 01:49 PM

Awesome pics, mate! I love the flickr slideshow widget!
Posted Image

#25 ChristianG

ChristianG

Delete me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 02:04 PM

Sorry if its slowing anyones computers down. I meant to just a link, but for some reason it does that slideshow thing.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com