• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts
  • Interests:Former Pro Wrestler so naturally Wrestling, Kinnikuman, Saint Seiya, Kinkeshi, Deka Kinkeshi & throw in some AoA!

Posted 09 May 2017 - 09:05 AM

Showcase #7: Kinnikuman Tag Tournament Ring Sets

Before I put these in storage due to space I decided to take pics of them and put them up!

The ring sets are similar/identical to the Godaiju Kessen ring sets and I believe there’s even a box set with all the rings included in one set (Tatakae Ochu Chojin Tag Tounament set).

I have all seven individual releases in the set (I think there’s only 7 in the set according to my research) & they are just single rings in a respective color with a paper backing and some keshi.

My Box 5, Box 6 & Box 7 are mint and never opened…but one of the issues with the releases is the ropes are made from a particular type of rubber that degrades in time (however it’s easy to just flick off but still). I wish I had the space to really display them all together along with the Godaiju Kessen ring set (like a diorama).

Not particularly rare & I do see them from time to time on Yahoo Japan in various degrees and conditions. Some particular numbers are harder to come by than others, let alone all of them together.

I am sometimes a bigger fan of the box art than the actual product ( a la 28 Kinkeshi Box sets).

I order so much stuff that when I end up in customs here in Germany the woman knows me by name and her usual greeting is: "ah those little rubber men again?" (in German)

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.jpg   110.25K   9 downloads
  • Attached File  2.jpg   107.22K   9 downloads
  • Attached File  4.jpg   111.53K   8 downloads
  • Attached File  3.jpg   113.37K   9 downloads

Edited by kayfabe1985, 13 July 2017 - 01:15 PM.

#2 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts
  • Interests:Former Pro Wrestler so naturally Wrestling, Kinnikuman, Saint Seiya, Kinkeshi, Deka Kinkeshi & throw in some AoA!

Posted 09 May 2017 - 09:10 AM

Some close up pics!

Attached Files

• Attached File  5.jpg   97.14K   8 downloads
  • Attached File  6.jpg   118.92K   7 downloads
  • Attached File  7.jpg   116.63K   7 downloads
  • Attached File  8.jpg   102.27K   5 downloads

#3 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 09:13 AM

On the inside of each set is a flyer similar to the Daishi backing board I posted about in a previous post (Its an ad but it also concerns a Kinnikuman painting contest, I really wish I knew more about the contest!)

I still don't know if the trophies were awarded to winners or if you could just purchase them (I own one of the small trophies).

Attached Files

• Attached File  9.jpg   99.16K   12 downloads
  • Attached File  10.jpg   166K   12 downloads
  • Attached File  11.jpg   98.25K   5 downloads
  • Attached File  12.jpg   193.92K   7 downloads

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com