- - - - -

I got (very) drunk with Shimada-Sensei!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_TricoBren_*

Guest_TricoBren_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:53 PM

Last night I got the opportunity to spend an evening drinking with Shimada sensei!!

There was only 10 of us so it was a really intimate setting and we all got speak with him for hours on end!

It was a free bar so we helped ourselves to beer on tap so everybody got pretty much wasted! We watched the 2009 Kinnikumania event together and Shimada-sensei talked about loads of cool behind the scenes stuff that happened!

At the end of the night, he signed my treasured Kinnikuman Can Coffee box and gave me his business card!

An awesome night for sure!!

Attached Files

Edited by TricoBren, 26 April 2014 - 07:07 PM.

#2 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:45 PM

Sounds like a blast!

#3 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:13 PM

Yeah man, this looks awesome!

What an experience it must have been!

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#4 kingkarl

kingkarl

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Interests:muscle, street fighter, combat sports, pro wrestling, taxidermy, hard drinking and being an all round good egg!

Posted 27 April 2014 - 01:37 AM

Fair play mate! Looks like my kind of party. How did that come about? Some kind of meet and greet?
bloody cool either way. They look like a bunch of nutters!

#5 Guest_TricoBren_*

Guest_TricoBren_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2014 - 04:04 AM

Fair play mate! Looks like my kind of party. How did that come about? Some kind of meet and greet?
bloody cool either way. They look like a bunch of nutters!

Well, I have known Shimada-sensei for a couple of years via twitter but it was actually a mutual friend of ours that arranged this little get together! It was invite only so no random strangers were permitted!

I work as a translator and have been translating a handful of Japanese movies that my friend is distributing overseas. One day he noticed my Niku cap and asked

if I liked Kinnikuman and then we got talking about that. Within minutes we both discovered that we knew Shimada-sensei and he promptly arranged a get together of booze and wrestling DVDs! The good news is that it was so much fun that we'll probably do it again in a couple of months!!

Can't wait!

Edited by TricoBren, 27 April 2014 - 04:18 AM.

#6 gaspar

gaspar

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 03:28 AM

That's so cool!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com