15 missing figures project

• Please log in to reply
445 replies to this topic

#76 1313

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Interests:Series 1 MIMP, Trash Bag Bunch, Vintage StarWars, Batman, Ghostbusters, Bootlegs, Obscure toys, Movie figures, Horror, 80's/90's toys, MMA, Rock/Metal, original film posters/promo's, Book Collecting, DVD/Blu collecting.

Posted 06 July 2011 - 03:36 AM

We don't need a whistle blower effing up the release of these, thanks. Some dickhead already did that across Halfbad when he tried to release his custom ogre figures. :rolleyes:

#77 RareBob

RareBob

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Interests:MIMPS :) Series 1, 2 and 3

Posted 06 July 2011 - 06:35 AM

I would like to see all 9 made and in each of the standard and Big Boy colours.

Would take time but worth the wait i feel - maybe just do first 9 in Shreddies colours?

Fede - well done the first sculpt looks great, matches the stickers and figures - good work matey

Bob

P.S. There should be no problem with MEG as these creatures are based on mythology and know one owns the rites to them. The only issue will most likely be having the MEG stamp on it.

But i'm not complaining - these are well overdue :)

Edited by RareBob, 06 July 2011 - 06:36 AM.

#78 bobbydixon99

bobbydixon99

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 07:04 AM

These are like $1500 per set right, so in every colour you would be looking at $6000 (4 colours) and $12000 (8 colours)? I think I remember reading that somewhere in this thread.

Edited by bobbydixon99, 06 July 2011 - 07:05 AM.

#79 DarrylWestley

DarrylWestley

www.monstercollecting.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 08:07 AM

I was unsure of this project, whether I would invest...
But after seeing that initial sculpt! Wow, excellent work.

I really look forward to the developments. Nice one Fede
for organizing this... :)

www.monstercollecting.com

#80 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2011 - 08:10 AM

We don't need a whistle blower effing up the release of these, thanks. Some dickhead already did that across Halfbad when he tried to release his custom ogre figures. :rolleyes:

Very, very good point. :yes:

#81 KungFuMan

KungFuMan

Master of the Palm and Foot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:46 AM

My sentiments exactly.

Back on the topic, I'm really impressed to see how the rest turns out, it's beautiful work!

#82 Guest_MonsterInMyPocket_*

Guest_MonsterInMyPocket_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2011 - 12:55 PM

To the best of my knowledge, nobody has "blown the whistle" on this project (unless you know something that I don't). Yes, you're correct that there's a precedent for M.E.G. protecting it's copyrights with cease-and-desist orders. That's what I was alluding to.

#83 csmhoff

csmhoff

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 01:23 PM

Don't forget to add a points system, I put Scipod at 30 points. I did a draft sciapod a couple of years back with a few casts, but never had the time to complete the project.

oh for more time...

Posted Image

#84 1313

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Interests:Series 1 MIMP, Trash Bag Bunch, Vintage StarWars, Batman, Ghostbusters, Bootlegs, Obscure toys, Movie figures, Horror, 80's/90's toys, MMA, Rock/Metal, original film posters/promo's, Book Collecting, DVD/Blu collecting.

Posted 06 July 2011 - 04:32 PM

To the best of my knowledge, nobody has "blown the whistle" on this project (unless you know something that I don't). Yes, you're correct that there's a precedent for M.E.G. protecting it's copyrights with cease-and-desist orders. That's what I was alluding to.

I'm just saying, i doubt MEG have employees scouring the internet looking for copyright infringements, much less on fan forums. Halfbads ogre figure & proposed missing 15 figures must have been ruined by someone reporting it to them.
I can think of only one person deranged enough to think that was a justified thing to do. :rolleyes:

Anyway, this figure looks like its gonna be awesome. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on developments!
Nice one GTM. :)

#85 PimpNugget

PimpNugget

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1021 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 05:17 PM

I'm just saying, i doubt MEG have employees scouring the internet looking for copyright infringements, much less on fan forums.

Why wouldn't they be looking? It's their job to protect their lines and judging from the sh!t they make now or recently have made, they have plenty of free time to look.

Dude, you make me laugh.......at you.

#86 Guest_MonsterInMyPocket_*

• Guests

Posted 06 July 2011 - 05:32 PM

Why wouldn't they be looking? It's their job to protect their lines and judging from the sh!t they make now or recently have made, they have plenty of free time to look.

LMFAO!!

Personally, I like the newer Generation-2 figures. I like painted figures. I fact, I might even prefer them to unpainted figures. However, a lot of toy collectors--including many esteemed toy collectors whom I greatly respect--prefer unpainted monochromatic figures.

None-the-less, funny is funny. My hat is off to you and your wit, sir :hi:.

[P.S. I agree with you: "news feeds" in particular now make it very easy for people to keep a close eye on any particular subject.]

#87 Guest_MonsterInMyPocket_*

• Guests

Posted 06 July 2011 - 07:26 PM

since there's some discussion about the colors, what do you think about having a vote on which to use Gorm?

As far as Series-3 colors go, my favorite is--by far--the incorrectly-named "tyrian" purple.

The original S3 colors probably should be used as a guideline. If, however, they aren't going to be used as a guideline, then I say go transparent, glittery, and/or metallic.

there is some precedent for third-party groups to make use of unused designs to create finished products from them...the transformers toys for example have had this happen plenty of times, with little more than a grumble from Hasbro or Takara unless the mold directly stole from them.

Interesting! I'd love to hear/see more about this. Since it's off-topic, though, would you please be so kind as to send me a link?

Edited by MonsterInMyPocket, 06 July 2011 - 07:40 PM.

#88 Guest_MonsterInMyPocket_*

• Guests

Posted 06 July 2011 - 07:51 PM

the [Series-1] molds & toyline are over 20 years old & dead to the company.

The Series-1 sculpts have been reissued several times since then: Argentina, Mexico, Greece, etc. More recently, the S1 sculpts were reissued in Italy in 2001 (possibly even into 2002). The S1 sculpts were also used (in prototype form) as part of the unreleased "MIMP: The Quest" series. Considering the generally unfavorable reviews of the new Generation-2 figures, I wouldn't be surprised if M.E.G. reissued the S1 sculpts yet again. In fact, I hope they do!

#89 1313

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 08:08 PM

The Series-1 sculpts have been reissued several times since then: Argentina, Mexico, Greece, etc. More recently, the S1 sculpts were reissued in Italy in 2001 (possibly even into 2002). The S1 sculpts were also used (in prototype form) as part of the unreleased "MIMP: The Quest" series. Considering the generally unfavorable reviews of the new Generation-2 figures, I wouldn't be surprised if M.E.G. reissued the S1 sculpts yet again. In fact, I hope they do!

Dude, i know all this, so does almost everyone else! My point still stands. I will post no more in this thread unless its directly relevant to the production of GTM's figures.

#90 PimpNugget

PimpNugget

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1021 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:28 PM

I got a question.

Are all the figures going to be made at the same time? Do I need to round up 1500.00 to get them?

OR

Are they being made one at a time? One per month give or take and I'll need 100.00 to get one at a time?

Sorry if this has already been explained.

Edited by PimpNugget, 06 July 2011 - 10:28 PM.

#91 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:30 PM

One at a time, I believe.

#92 GormTransMonsters

GormTransMonsters

Die-Hard Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • Interests:Collecting Mini Monocoloured Rubber and Plastic Figures from everywhere. Mainly MIMPs, Gormiti, OMFG!

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:18 AM

Hi to all guys,
Meanwhile thank you so much all of you for the support you giving on this project
Also I'm so glad reading the compliments by 1313 and Dazz and all the others.
Now I explain you something: The figures on the stickers maybe are only on the stickers and they're never been produced as 3D figures.
So Meg has the copyright but nobody can forbidden to a customer to produce them looking the images... The Original sculptor is going to produce his personal character based on the sticker image.
When you re-cast a figure or you make a mold from existing one there is a copyright infringment.
The figures will be produced in same style but without the writings "MEG" on them.
This is just fan made production.
I think will be all right especially if someone "coming out again here!" called "Brojo" will be able to stop his ****ing Behaviour.....
Otherwise I'll be forced to stop this Project and will ask to the Sculptor to make them just for me... At that point there is no doubt MEG can do nothing on so tiny production moreover commissioned directly by a collector to a sculptor.
Let me know your thinking guys, I'll wait to understand better our position before start with this "project"; hoping to be able to carry it out safely.

Edited by GormTransMonsters, 07 July 2011 - 03:31 PM.

#93 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:38 AM

Dude, don't let Brojo bother you. ;)

Just click Ignore on his profile, and enjoy all the people that love and support this project.

#94 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:08 AM

Amen to that one! And if you're tempted you can click view it anyways on a post.... but it won't be worth it.

#95 bigazzhead

bigazzhead

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1604 posts
  • Interests:Mini Figure interests:
    Monster in my Pocket
    Megaman/Rockman
    Dragon Ball
    Dragon Quest
    Old Nintendo
    Gegege no Kitaro
    general monster keshi
    Ghostbusters
    Zombie related stuff
    and anything cool. (yeah I know pretty vague)

Posted 07 July 2011 - 12:20 PM

Wow, I'm glad to see the project getting off the ground, man this is really turning out to be an awesome year for customs.

#96 Guest_MonsterInMyPocket_*

• Guests

Posted 07 July 2011 - 12:42 PM

The figures on the stickers maybe are only on the stickers and they're never been produced as 3D figures.

So M.E.G. never even produced 3D prototypes? I, and a lot of other people, have been wondering about that.

#97 GormTransMonsters

GormTransMonsters

Die-Hard Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • Interests:Collecting Mini Monocoloured Rubber and Plastic Figures from everywhere. Mainly MIMPs, Gormiti, OMFG!

Posted 08 July 2011 - 04:22 PM

Guys listen to me,
Our sculptor says that "in order to extend everyone the best discount and price possible, it is most important that orders be taken now, and deposits in the amount of 50% per set collected in advance in order to get started. The balance of 50% will be due prior to us shipping sets to Fede and after photographs of completed waxes are supplied for final review.

We need a total of 5 sets in addition to Fede's original set in order to get the best price."

so, anyone interested in takes a set of the 16 Missing figures has to contact me directly at: federico.mazzotta@libero.it
The orders started now!! :yes:
Maybe if the orders are more than 5 maybe we can have higher discount from him...

Edited by GormTransMonsters, 08 July 2011 - 04:24 PM.

#98 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 04:24 PM

so you need 50% of the total 15 figures cost~? what if you just want 1, not all~?

#99 GormTransMonsters

GormTransMonsters

Die-Hard Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 10:35 PM

so you need 50% of the total 15 figures cost~? what if you just want 1, not all~?

Hi Eric,
the sculptor and I have decided that the sets will be sold only if ordered complete, not individual characters.
They'll be produced in limited edition in a number yet to be decided.
If total orders are around 10 - 15 we can surely have an Extra discount on the total production cost.
Anyway the maximum will be 20 total sets and I think could be enough to satisfy all MIMP's Hardcore Collectors.

#100 PimpNugget

PimpNugget

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1021 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 10:59 PM

Hi Eric,
the sculptor and I have decided that the sets will be sold only if ordered complete, not individual characters.
They'll be produced in limited edition in a number yet to be decided.
If total orders are around 10 - 15 we can surely have an Extra discount on the total production cost.
Anyway the maximum will be 20 total sets and I think could be enough to satisfy all MIMP's Hardcore Collectors.

How much $ is 50%?

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com