126 replies to this topic

#51 redjarojam

redjarojam

Taco Beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:32 AM

Ironmask, you've done a great job with your gorewad figures man. Gotta get me some!

Redjarojam, Sorry dude I tried to thumbs up your 2 designs but accidentally hit the thumbs down..
Stupid tablet & stupid fat fingers! Happens to me all the time, I wish they were more spaced apart.

No problemo! Wait till you see the sculpts! Ive got 4 sculpts going and will probably start a fifth this week.

#52 redjarojam

redjarojam

Taco Beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:23 AM

Newest design for OMFG.

I have been trying out a bunch of different monster ideas for the back of the cloak. Colors are arbitrary, just place holders to show different parts. She would be an evil sorceress working with the evil wizard/dragon/whatever is attacking the small sleepy world of my lil hero kid. Think Rita from Power Rangers. Still working plenty on her up until deadline.

Posted Image

but will probably go with this bat monster for the back.
Posted Image

#53 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:03 AM

Cool concept! Pretty original too. Would be a really nice figure to get painted up as well.

I was sketching an attempt at a female figure myself. I doubt it would be acceptable since basically it's a hot warrior woman who killed off all the omfg guys and is wearing them. Stroll feet as boots and hands as a bra. Castor fist as a gauntlet. Craw head as a shield. Big wooden sword with a moon on it made from the shithouse. Shorts made from multiskull. :D

#54 redjarojam

redjarojam

Taco Beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:08 AM

Cool concept! Pretty original too. Would be a really nice figure to get painted up as well.

I was sketching an attempt at a female figure myself. I doubt it would be acceptable since basically it's a hot warrior woman who killed off all the omfg guys and is wearing them. Stroll feet as boots and hands as a bra. Castor fist as a gauntlet. Craw head as a shield. Big wooden sword with a moon on it made from the shithouse. Shorts made from multiskull. :D

Do that! hahaha.

#55 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:54 AM

That sounds awesome. Question though, is the moon shape on an outhouse usually a moon-shaped hole that is cut out of the door, or is it something that is hung on the door that could be removed?

I'm liking redjarojam's new designs, but my current top 5 that I've got in mind has a spot saved for Living Candle and a couple others that didn't make series 2 that I want to see resubmitted.

#56 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:06 AM

I think it's a cutout which would work just fine as a cutout on the sword.

I like a lot of the subs but the living candle and the hero figure and monsterforges space barbarian are all really awesome.

Hard at work sculpting my beard guy this week.

#57 bizrebellion

bizrebellion

<< Minifig Lover >>

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1148 posts
  • Interests:BOGLINS in any shape or size,Minifig's, rockin' out on my guitars, my fiancee and my kids and bootsales (for the LRG's) x¬D

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:12 AM

I envy all you guys sculpting your designs, i been trying to sculpt mine for 2 weeks (roughly) but i just cant seem to get it right,,,

Maybe i'll take ironmask's advise and just freestyle a sculpt, see what comes of it :D

Posted Image

#58 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:03 PM

Yeah i don't think they'd allow THIS but she is wearing omfg series 1 ^_^

Attached Files

#59 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:27 PM

I love it. You need to submit it. She would get a lot of votes even if people weren't campaigning for a female design to get in. The snake girl is my least favorite so far that the majority seems to be in love with.

#60 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:31 AM

I love it. You need to submit it. She would get a lot of votes even if people weren't campaigning for a female design to get in. The snake girl is my least favorite so far that the majority seems to be in love with.

Thanks. I think i will submit it. No harm in trying especially if it's just a drawing. If it doesn't get votes i just won't bother sculpting it.

Personally i love my beardfist guy way more but it's not popular on OT at all. He's probably better suited for a small release here in rubber.

#61 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:28 AM

They don't even know what's good. I wouldn't sweat it.
Beardfist guy is a great minifigure design. They'd rather circlejerk over half-assed in-jokes.
I'm not with that party, bud.

#62 redjarojam

redjarojam

Taco Beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:38 PM

Boobeyes or not boobeyes, that is the question haha.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#63 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:06 PM

Boobeyes or not boobeyes, that is the question haha.

I prefer boobeyes mainly because I like the choker with the smaller medallion more than the huge eye on the neck of not boobeyes.

Looks awesome. I think the girl and cloak monster would look better without the hood ears though.

#64 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:41 PM

They don't even know what's good. I wouldn't sweat it.
Beardfist guy is a great minifigure design. They'd rather circlejerk over half-assed in-jokes.
I'm not with that party, bud.

My personal taste is waaaay different from that community in general i think but i'm not sweating it. I don't expect to get votes and i won't be upset when i'm right. I do like a bunch of people there but i'd say 90% of them i know from here anyway.

I am glad you like Beardfist and he will get made one way or another even if it's just me paying someone to do it. The way i design stuff these days is kind of cool. I look at my favorite toys and toys i plan to get in my collection like all the UofV guys and try to come up with worthy opponents. Like what would look good on an old school fight poster together. Stuff like...

- BeardFist vs. DeadFace in an all out brawl for the belt! -

It helps me weed out some of my ideas that wouldn't make for a fun fight while at the same time keeping them different enough for other stuff to be original.

Red i much prefer boobeyes as well. That is a hilarious touch.

#65 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:25 PM

Ditto.

#66 Metalmonkey

Metalmonkey

Ironhaus apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • Interests:Collecting/making/talking about LRGs.

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:42 AM

I have redone my Scorpion Girl again, but this time I went with an arabian theme.
Any suggestions for improvements or comments?
Posted Image
Sorry for the large image size, photobucket is being a b!%@#

bannerfans20blog2015.jpgbanner2015_1.jpg

#67 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 05:04 AM

I prefer the S2 submission version of Scorpion Girl. I don't think the Arabian theme version would be in my top 5 for S3.

#68 Metalmonkey

Metalmonkey

Ironhaus apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • Interests:Collecting/making/talking about LRGs.

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:55 AM

I prefer the S2 submission version of Scorpion Girl. I don't think the Arabian theme version would be in my top 5 for S3.

That's cool, nothing personal. What was it the other design had that this one is lacking?
I probably won't end up submitting, but still good to get some opinions so thanks man.

bannerfans20blog2015.jpgbanner2015_1.jpg

#69 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:45 PM

I think the other version was in more of a fighting/playable stance and I liked that her face was visible.

#70 Red Marauder

Red Marauder

Mild, Medium, or Extra Nerdy?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:40 PM

So who's going to have the light blue color pictured here? I didn't have a chance to get in on the Kickstarter this time, but I'll buy the same flesh and black and the blue color. I think the coolest is Cry-Borg in that hue. :give_rose:
Preaching the depraved sermons given to us from the heavy metal gods!!!

#71 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:44 PM

My personal taste is waaaay different from that community in general i think but i'm not sweating it. I don't expect to get votes and i won't be upset when i'm right. I do like a bunch of people there but i'd say 90% of them i know from here anyway.

I am glad you like Beardfist and he will get made one way or another even if it's just me paying someone to do it. The way i design stuff these days is kind of cool. I look at my favorite toys and toys i plan to get in my collection like all the UofV guys and try to come up with worthy opponents. Like what would look good on an old school fight poster together. Stuff like...

- BeardFist vs. DeadFace in an all out brawl for the belt! -

It helps me weed out some of my ideas that wouldn't make for a fun fight while at the same time keeping them different enough for other stuff to be original.

BF vs DF may be a lot closer to reality than you think!

#72 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:44 PM

So who's going to have the light blue color pictured here? I didn't have a chance to get in on the Kickstarter this time, but I'll buy the same flesh and black and the blue color. I think the coolest is Cry-Borg in that hue. :give_rose:

No one. Those are prototypes. Unless someone actually picks that color.

#73 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:31 PM

There is no way i'm gonna finish in time to enter.

I tried really hard but i am forever slow at sculpting small stuff.

Oh well. I am pretty happy with how it's coming out so far at least.

Attached Files

Edited by PlasticSoul, 30 August 2012 - 10:34 PM.

#74 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:01 PM

Don't rush it. Just enjoy the process it looks great. There are plenty of avenues to seeing this guy in toy form. Just get it where you want it and you will be happy. I have to say that looks really awesome!

#75 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:26 AM

There is no way i'm gonna finish in time to enter.

I tried really hard but i am forever slow at sculpting small stuff.

Oh well. I am pretty happy with how it's coming out so far at least.

Looks awesome. You can submit the sketch for S3. If he doesn't get in on this round, submit the finished sculpt for S4. The sketch would get one of my S3 votes.

I also like Puggernaut and Heart of Darkness so far. I'm still hoping to see Living Candle and a couple other S2 designs.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com